The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homepage

+6
Fluxy
dammit_chris
stnick88
Steven_Sharks
Sgt_Pooly
Ozzy3213
10 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Homepage - Page 10 Empty Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Homepage - Page 10 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Leicester Tigers win Aviva Premiership final after a penalty shoot out against Harlequins

Homepage - Page 10 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 – Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP F P A P D T F T A TBP LBP POINTS
1Homepage - Page 10 1Bath Rugby000000000000
2Homepage - Page 10 48 Exeter Chiefs 000000000000
3Homepage - Page 10 2Gloucester000000000000
4Homepage - Page 10 7Harlequins000000000000
5Homepage - Page 10 4Leicester Tigers000000000000
6Homepage - Page 10 5London Irish000000000000
7Homepage - Page 10 50London Welsh000000000000
8Homepage - Page 10 8Newcastle Falcons000000000000
9Homepage - Page 10 9Northampton Saints000000000000
10Homepage - Page 10 12Sale Sharks000000000000
11Homepage - Page 10 11Saracens000000000000
12Homepage - Page 10 57Worcester Warriors000000000000

Links

Fixture List
Released/Championship/National League/Academy Bidding
Foreign Transfers
European Homepage
Game History Page

Welcome to Season 6 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (Ozzy3213) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (me) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.

Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 20 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1991.

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page.  Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.

Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.

• Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues.  These players must be bid for on the Domestic Transfer Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

• Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.

Structured Window

No cash will be used and each team will get effectively free transfers by way of a draft, which will run 12th, 11th, 10th …… 1st, 12th, 11th,10th… 1st place side.  This will run from 10th June 2013 until all teams have had their two picks.

Open Window

Open transfer window, teams have unlimited bids provided they have the financial resources to cover them.  Teams may only bid for one player at a time.

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the Domestic Transfer Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be Heineken Cup, Amlin Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday.  Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday.  Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday.  Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday.  Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 20:00 hours on Saturday.  Managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box.  If you are not providing a descriptive prediction you will be restricted to predicting a 1 point win either way.
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

At least 10 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in forfeiting the match and a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point for a first offence, two for a second offence and so on.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (ozzy3213) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Homepage - Page 10 Empty Re: Homepage

Post by prop_lyd Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:37 am

Being a smaller, technical prop, I can't wait for our first competitive scrum on Tuesday!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:43 am

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:Poor performance from the Oz backs. Aimless kicking from Mogg all game. The back three haven't really ran anything back today. McKenzie needs to work on the game plan.

Kuindrani has been terrible since coming on!
Kuindrani is awful, no idea how he's in Int set up. Defence is awful, he's like a revolving door at times.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:46 am

Bigger props will struggle against technicians with new law.
All
About secondary shove. Someone posted some
Nonsense article on here from Australia saying big props will thrive.

Played with new laws quite a few times and have seen technicians win it as the hit is taken out. Common sense really

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:02 am

Aussies were poor today. Mogg has had 2 back to back shockers. Aussies need to get there big names involved.

Kuridrani was poor when on. He is still raw but a great defender and some unit to stop.

Think I agree with bob Dwyer re the raw aspect but think he needs to play http://m.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/kuridrani-has-dwyer-thumbs-up-20130517-2js6z.html

Hooper was great again but it's hard for the Aussies as they cannot get a platform

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:21 am

Kuridrani IS really bad, McKenzie will soon get shot as he finds his feet. His positioning is terrible, like he's never played centre before. Really poor player.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:33 am

Expect Joe Marler to do well with new laws. He often gets a battering on the hit then comes back.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:47 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Kuridrani IS really bad, McKenzie will soon get shot as he finds his feet. His positioning is terrible, like he's never played centre before. Really poor player.
Bumbies have one of the best defences so how can you say that? He is known as an excellent defender it's what he had made his reputation on.. Last
Comment I will make on it but google kuridrani defence and all you will see are testimonials such as this

With mortlock disagreeing with you http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/mortlock-backs-kuridrani-to-shine-20130802-2r54n.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:48 am

Steven_Sharks wrote:Expect Joe Marler to do well with new laws. He often gets a battering on the hit then comes back.
It will really suit marler and corbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:30 am

Nah, he pump. He's always caught out of the line or in wrong position....watch the final for perfect example, Cruden makes him look stupid.

Never make it as Int player.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:08 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Nah, he pump. He's always caught out of the line or in wrong position....watch the final for perfect example, Cruden makes him look stupid.

Never make it as Int player.
Think I would rather trust the views of people who understand the game of rugby but thanks for your "view" anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:16 am

You said it was your last comment!

Same as me and the scrum rules, what do we know eh?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:49 am

Thought Aussies played a really strange game with their backs today - didn't seem to want to counter attack. For me they lack a player like Mortlock who you know is a really tough ball carrier and will make the hard yards for the backs and get them over the gainline.

Saw George North's debut for Saints, he transforms their backline - one of the best strike runners I think I have ever seen. He'll bring out the best in Foden again. Looking forward to seeing how the England team moves on now too, especially as Ashton has been playing very well in pre-season.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:50 am

Oyonaux beating Clermont by 20. Clermont not at full strength but any Clermont side tend to be pretty good.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:58 am

I'm unsure if Foden will ever get back to his best, just looks to have lost it. Defence was a shambles last season.

You get to the Sale game Steve?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:20 am

People may laugh but burton is a great signing for dragons, watched the bath game yesterday and I think he'll get them the win In a few tight games
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:24 am

dammit_chris wrote:Thought Aussies played a really strange game with their backs today - didn't seem to want to counter attack. For me they lack a player like Mortlock who you know is a really tough ball carrier and will make the hard yards for the backs and get them over the gainline.

Saw George North's debut for Saints, he transforms their backline - one of the best strike runners I think I have ever seen. He'll bring out the best in Foden again. Looking forward to seeing how the England team moves on now too, especially as Ashton has been playing very well in pre-season.
For me they lacked a platform and possession. Ref was awful. Peyper always bottles yellow cards. Nz should have had a few.

They need to involve joc and Folau more. They also need JOC to learn how to defend out wide. He was terrible last week and again took the wrong option this week. Had one superb break and they should concentrate on getting ball in his hands wide where he can hurt teams

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:40 am

Haven't seen any of Sale's games Pooly. Not confident on challenging for HC spot this season but don't expect us to be dragged into dogfight.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:43 am

I think it's going to be tough to call, I think similar for Falcons but it's def going to be one of us 2 and Worcester/Irish.

Think Yapp is a handy signing for Irish, helps their pack out.

See how Lobo gets on for us today for the Pumas.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:14 am

Foden's defence wasn't awful at all, he made a few errors with one or two tackles, but had come back from injury. Compare him to Goode who gets bumped off regularly. Does that make Goode's defence abysmal on your scale?

Brown was by far the best fullback last year, but I don't see him as a guy who can move England forward. We need an inform Foden, as on his day is our best 15.

Would say similar with Flood next year, great club player but has never inspired me at international level, save a cracking game against France a few years ago. Farrell looked very good on the Lions tour and if Burns can iron out a few issues with his game then we've got our future no10s sorted.

Just can't see where any top class 12's are going to come from, we seem pretty well sorted everywhere else now.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:44 am

I didn't say Foden had abysmal defence, I said he was a shambles last season which he was. He was bumped, missed straight tackles and was all over positionally.

He was nowhere near the player that he was a few seasons back, thought he was fantastic then but perhaps he's just not that player anymore after injury.

We could do with an in form Robinson but again he's not the player he was.....

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Well that "as weak a side as you'll see" Falcons team beat a pretty much full strength Connacht side 23-10.

Early days but really promising signs I reckon, we have 5/6 1st team players to come in yet.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Wasps spanked Irish in pre-season today 30-12, we had 5/6 first choice players in starting lineup, where Irish seemed to have a far stronger starting 15 in terms of first choice players. Would say it could be a fight between Falcons and Irish to stay in the AP.

Who has Matt Mullan in the game? He was meant to have played very well and caused all sorts of issues for the Irish scrum.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:10 pm

Good result Chris, what were the sides?

Mullen is a top prop, really rate him. I'd have him ahead of Marler personally.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:21 pm

Off top of my head Wasps starting was -

1. Mullan 2. Neil Cochrayne 3. Will Taylor 4. Myall 5. Palmer 6. Sam Jones 7. Guy Thompson 8. Ed Jackson 9. Simpson 10. Goode 11. Josh Bassett 12. Charlie Hayter 13. Ben Jacobs 14. Varndell 15. Masi

Goode has made a huge difference to us - never used to like him before. Good to have Ben Jacobs back too, always rated him.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:22 pm

dammit_chris wrote:Wasps spanked Irish in pre-season today 30-12, we had 5/6 first choice players in starting lineup, where Irish seemed to have a far stronger starting 15 in terms of first choice players. Would say it could be a fight between Falcons and Irish to stay in the AP.

Who has Matt Mullan in the game? He was meant to have played very well and caused all sorts of issues for the Irish scrum.
We had definite first choice players in the 2,3,4,5 and 13 jerseys with players who have a shot at being first choice at 11 and 15. 

I think spanked is a bit of an exageration.  I wasn't at the game, but the way I have heard it from Wasps and Irish fans who were, we dominated the first 20 minutes and missed two kickable penalties, one of which Tom Homer injured himself missing after 3 minutes and had to go off.  We failed to convert any chances and you got on top for the rest of the first half, scoring from a rolling maul and 2 penalties.

At half time we changed our entire front row and you guys then bashed us up in the scrum, scoring 1 penalty try from that and another penalty try when Tomas O'Leary high tackled one of your players about 3 metres short of the line.  We missed a further penalty and a conversion of one of the 2 tries we scored whilst you guys were 100% off the tee.

Overall you were the better side and good value for the win, but I think 'spanked' is a bit wide of the mark from all accounts that I've had.

From what I can gather from others there were 1 or 2 positives for us and 3 or 4 negatives.  Was the first hit out for 6 of the starting pack and 5 of the starting backs, whereas I think it was you guys last friendly.  Plenty to work on for us, but no great dramas at this stage.

What will be interesting is whether Smith has the balls to leave out some of the players you might expect to start if they are not putting in the performances and go with guys who may not be quite as good but are giving it everything, as from the highlights I saw of last weeks game, there were some of the new guys who were putting in a real shift out there.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Can't take too much from pre-season but not too much to get excited about at this stage.

Goode will be great for you Chris, always said it. Didn't know you had Bassett.

Injuries will be major issue for you Pete, imagine losing Akula(?), Skivs and your 7.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:53 pm

We are light on depth for sure.  Losing Aulika we might cover as Hagan shouldn't be too shabby at 3.  We are well short on depth at lock though, with Skivs and Evans first choice and behind them Nick Rouse and Kieran Low, neither of whom are proven AP performers.

Apparently our lineout was a shambles today, which having been used to Casey and Kennedy ruling the skies for a few years is a tough one to take.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:01 pm

Pete from the sounds of it we should have had another couple of tries, where as your only threat seemed to come from your new winger - Fernby/Femby? We've increased the size of our squad, no real star players at all, but solid players who fit the Wasps mold very nicely - Pitman, Thompson and Jackson all seem like guys Dai Young could improve a lot.

Irish can compete, but unless they have a host of youngsters coming through who can play 1st team standard then their squad seems to be really small, like Wasps had 2-3 seasons ago.

Why cant we all have the amount of money that Saints and Sarries have!!!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:04 pm

"Apparently our lineout was a shambles today, which having been used to Casey and Kennedy ruling the skies for a few years is a tough one to take."

Ours was terrible last season too, hoping a good pre-season and a hooker who can throw has helped us.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:38 am

Would anyone be in for Webber?

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:10 pm

Joe Simpson and Charlie Sharples the quickest in recent EPS Speed tests.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Simpson is rapid, just a shame he has such poor scrum half skills or he could be half decent.

Is there a list Steve?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:17 pm

Just saw a tweet saying theyw ere top. Was making the point that both trained with Olypic sprinters this summer in Gemili (Wasps) and Devonish (Gloucester)

I'd love to see a list. Reckon Croft beats a couple of the backs.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Depends what distance I imagine, can't see Croft been too fast over 20-40m but he's quick once he gets going. Gets plenty of practise on the wing mind.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:25 pm

True he spends more time between the 15m and 5m than any forward I've ever seen.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:34 pm

Looks great when your pack is in control and you can afford to be a man down around the ruck, not so good in a dog fight. Never been overly sold on Croft tbh.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Lol do love the Simpson comments, which were accurate about 4 seasons ago! Start watching more recent Wasps games Pooly I think you'd be very surprised with how good Simpson is now - would love him as an impact sub for England - he's been our best player over alst 3 years easily.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:26 pm

Seen minimal improvements Chris, I think he's such a poor scrum half but amazing runner.

To be impact sub he'd need to get past Care which isn't happening anytime soon.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:33 am

dono where your getting that info from Chris, but it was a game that was lucky to have 5 tries. neither side posed any running threat. Fenby had barely any ball for us.

it was hammerind it down in wycombe and was a game of kick tennis and forwards making yards, waiting for the opposing side to conceed a penalty. Goode played quite well at 10, kicked all his goals whereas Irish missed 4 kicks. wasps edged it but it was a dire game and all the wasps fans i went with agreed with that.

Pitman and Thompson were quite handy for you as was Sam Jones. Mullan actually struggled in the scrum 1st half v Aulika but was good in the 2nd half v Hagan.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:54 pm

<span id="sceditor-start-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="line-height: 0; display: none;"></span><span id="sceditor-end-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="line-height: 0; display: none;"></span>How are you feeling about the season Nick?

I think Wasps should do alright this year - Thompson has had good write ups in all the games he's played so far and heard quite a few postive comments about Pitman and also Jackson as a no8. We haven't gone for any big names in signings this year, but seem to have gone for more traditional type Wasps players.

A lot of players saying on Twitter that they want a top4 finish, but not sure any team in the AP can break into the top4 of Saints, Sarries, Tigers and Quins at the moment. Think we will finish 5/6th this year, but a lot depends on how good the Gloucester pack is, how much Exeter improve and whether Bath click.   

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:08 am

Guys looking for a decent 13 available during international windows - does anyone have anyone available?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:11 am

Rougerie could be on the market for the right deal?

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:40 am

Rougerie a bit too old Fluxy, think he will retire at the end of the season - what sort of thing were you looking at for him?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:45 pm

Anyone watched any BT sports so far. Think the football punditry and format dreadful.

Who is doing the rugby for them ?

Got bt broadband in my one house so free other have sky so they want 15 quid activation fee plus 12 a month. I am not tight but will not pay the activation fee. It's a sham. BT customer service so bad. Asked them to wave fee as I am a customer at another address and said no.

Not sensible by rugby to sell out to Bt as rugby will have an even smaller audience. We should be expanding game not contracting it

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:07 pm

Mat - BT took on the entire ESPN rugby team, plus Dallagio I think who leads the whole thing.

I think they've just made it as hard as possible for Sky Sports people to watch it, as I know Virgin struck a deal so their viewers could watch it too.

It is a shame that Sky lost it as they have really good pundits and analysts. They only have HC and England games now dont they?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Time for a dodgy box Matthew.

The football stuff is stinking, hoping the rugby is just like Espn which was much better than sky imo

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:31 pm

I really liked the rugby club on sky and will be upset if that is no longer on.

Have sky got the rabo this year?

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:06 pm

Sky have mastered rugby. When espn had it they treated like people had never watched a game before and explained basic laws. This was good in terms of new viewers but Healy and Kay banter was awful. Kay a decent pundit though.

Espn was
Like rugby for 7 year olds. Although it got better and better and the coaxes joining the pundits after there team had played was really good.
Assume rugby club has gone Steve. What can they show ?

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:09 pm

Evening guys, I won't be too active on either game as have moved into the house today! Finally on the property ladder!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:16 pm

Espn had great coverage.

At least no more listening to the 3 idiots Barnes, Morris & Greenwood.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next