The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homepage

+6
Fluxy
dammit_chris
stnick88
Steven_Sharks
Sgt_Pooly
Ozzy3213
10 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Homepage - Page 3 Empty Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 30 Jun 2013, 7:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Homepage - Page 3 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Leicester Tigers win Aviva Premiership final after a penalty shoot out against Harlequins

Homepage - Page 3 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 – Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP F P A P D T F T A TBP LBP POINTS
1Homepage - Page 3 1Bath Rugby000000000000
2Homepage - Page 3 48 Exeter Chiefs 000000000000
3Homepage - Page 3 2Gloucester000000000000
4Homepage - Page 3 7Harlequins000000000000
5Homepage - Page 3 4Leicester Tigers000000000000
6Homepage - Page 3 5London Irish000000000000
7Homepage - Page 3 50London Welsh000000000000
8Homepage - Page 3 8Newcastle Falcons000000000000
9Homepage - Page 3 9Northampton Saints000000000000
10Homepage - Page 3 12Sale Sharks000000000000
11Homepage - Page 3 11Saracens000000000000
12Homepage - Page 3 57Worcester Warriors000000000000

Links

Fixture List
Released/Championship/National League/Academy Bidding
Foreign Transfers
European Homepage
Game History Page

Welcome to Season 6 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (Ozzy3213) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (me) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.

Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 20 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1991.

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page.  Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.

Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.

• Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues.  These players must be bid for on the Domestic Transfer Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

• Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.

Structured Window

No cash will be used and each team will get effectively free transfers by way of a draft, which will run 12th, 11th, 10th …… 1st, 12th, 11th,10th… 1st place side.  This will run from 10th June 2013 until all teams have had their two picks.

Open Window

Open transfer window, teams have unlimited bids provided they have the financial resources to cover them.  Teams may only bid for one player at a time.

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the Domestic Transfer Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be Heineken Cup, Amlin Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday.  Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday.  Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday.  Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday.  Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 20:00 hours on Saturday.  Managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box.  If you are not providing a descriptive prediction you will be restricted to predicting a 1 point win either way.
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

At least 10 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in forfeiting the match and a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point for a first offence, two for a second offence and so on.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (ozzy3213) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Homepage - Page 3 Empty Re: Homepage

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 03 Jul 2013, 2:23 pm

Phillips starts because of Gatland , no other reason. He was dreadful in the first test, one of the worst scrum half performances at Int level I've seen for a long time.

I'm not a fan of him as a scrum half and certainly in a game where we need to attack.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Wed 03 Jul 2013, 2:23 pm

dammit_chris wrote:Would say Hibbard, Parling, Phillips, Davies are all very lucky to be involved in the starting lineup. Not having BOD could be a huge error by Gatland, may not be near his best, but for leadership there is noone else that compares - has AWJ ever captained Wales?

Spot on really. But if we win we wont care.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 03 Jul 2013, 2:25 pm

AWJ is a good captain, no worries there for me. There was no other choice really.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 03 Jul 2013, 2:38 pm

No other reason - if Youngs played well enough he would have started on Saturday. His box kicking was very bad and tactically way off, gave the Aussies some very good attacking chances and just didn't settle into his game.

Phillips/Murray will suit the game plan better, and I don't think it is possible for Phillips to play that badly again (I hope).

At least we've got an impact bench this time though!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 03 Jul 2013, 2:46 pm

Youngs kicking was poor, but not as bad as Phillips kicking was in the first test.

The only good thing is that Phillips surely cant play as bad again. Hopefully he has a blinder, because on top form he is world class.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 03 Jul 2013, 3:12 pm

Youngs kicking was much better than Phillips, Phillips had an all round stinker. Youngs was ok but didn't get to make the breaks which we needed as we were on the back foot.

Both Genia and Youngs had pretty quiet games tbh.

If Genia makes a break again and I see Phillips jogging back like he can't be bothered I'm going to hunt him down and bum him dry.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 03 Jul 2013, 3:16 pm

yeh that was ridiculous. He didnt even try and run back

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed 03 Jul 2013, 3:19 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:If Genia makes a break again and I see Phillips jogging back like he can't be bothered I'm going to hunt him down and bum him dry.

Whatever you're into Pooly Whistle

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 03 Jul 2013, 3:29 pm

I won't like it Johnny but he'll like it less I tell you that....I'll take one for the team

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 03 Jul 2013, 4:58 pm

If Smith starts ahead of Hooper who has been excellent this series then I will be shocked. Deans is a walking joke anyway but that takes the biscuit.

Hope JOC starts 10. Could do with him making it a hatrick of poor games.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 03 Jul 2013, 5:37 pm

I thought Hooper was pretty average in the 2nd Steve, I wouldn't pick Smith ahead of though.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 6:31 pm

My take on it Is lots of our players are battered so makes sense to freshen it up.
Sob and faletau were always going to start.

Hibbard can scrum youngs can't that well so obvious call. Bod should be 13 and parling should not be in the squad.

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 03 Jul 2013, 6:47 pm

Players available:

PR Sona Taumalolo (Tonga) (1)
LK Cadeyn Neville (Australia)
LK Marco Wentzel (South Africa)
SH Mike Blair (Scotland)
FH/CE Ben Botica (New Zealand)
FH Tyler Bleyendaal (New Zealand)
WG Sitiveni Siviatu (NZ)

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 03 Jul 2013, 7:22 pm

Thought Hooper and Warbs were pretty level in the second test myself.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 03 Jul 2013, 7:53 pm

I thought Warbs was great, can't recall much from Hooper tbh

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Wed 03 Jul 2013, 7:54 pm

Agree with Pooly, thought Warbs outplayed Hooper who did ok nothing more.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 03 Jul 2013, 7:56 pm

Wasnt impressed with hooper. He has been quiet both tests. Warbs been better especially second test

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 03 Jul 2013, 8:02 pm

10 carries with 30m made, 10 tackles (top for OZ), 2 turnovers, 1 clean break and 2 defenders beaten in the 2nd test.

I remember thinking that he had a good game in the 2nd test. Certainly shouldn't be dropped.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 03 Jul 2013, 8:05 pm

I imagine you watch him like a hawk Steve, from just a general viewing I thought he was just ok.

I imagine Pocock will be back in with a shot when fit

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 03 Jul 2013, 8:10 pm

I do watch him like a hawk. One of my favourite players. Think he has the attributes to be one of the best players in the world.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Wed 03 Jul 2013, 8:12 pm

WALLABIES BACKROW PERFORMANCE
INVOLVEMENTS POSITIVE % EFFECTIVE %
Ben Mowen 46 57% 91%
Michael Hooper 53 40% 79%
Wycliff Palu 32 47% 72%
Liam Gill 22 64% 95%
Stephen Moore 55 60% 89%

Quite interesting from green and gold. They really go into detail on that site with set pieces and stats.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 03 Jul 2013, 8:22 pm

Backs up that Stephen Moore had an outstanding game.

Mowen the only Oz player to take a Oz lineout on sat.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Wed 03 Jul 2013, 8:24 pm

Probs best HK about at the mo with Mealamu off the boil and BdP not playing for months.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Wed 03 Jul 2013, 8:26 pm

Crazy stat about Mowen. 8 wasnt it? Makes you wonder where our lineout stealers were.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 03 Jul 2013, 8:33 pm

Has been decent for Brumbies as well.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 03 Jul 2013, 9:43 pm

LukeLovesLuka wrote:Probs best HK about at the mo with Mealamu off the boil and BdP not playing for months.

BdP back playing now. i would imagine it will take him some time to get back up to speed though.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:06 pm

LukeLovesLuka wrote:Probs best HK about at the mo with Mealamu off the boil and BdP not playing for months.

Think Strauss may have a say in that one been superb all year and bok vice captain. Big Moore fan and even his darts have been on this series. Also played every minute which is impressive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:28 pm

Have to throw Scott Lawson in that top hooker mix too Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 04 Jul 2013, 8:17 am

Stevie is not going to be happy.....

15. Kurtley Beale (Melbourne Rebels)
14. Israel Folau (NSW Waratahs)
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper (NSW Waratahs)
12. Christian Leali'ifano (Brumbies)
11. Joe Tomane (ACT Brumbies)
10. James O'Connor (Melbourne Rebels)
9. Will Genia (Queensland Reds)
1. Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs)
2. Stephen Moore (ACT Brumbies)
3. Ben Alexander (ACT Brumbies)
4. Kane Douglas (NSW Waratahs)
5. James Horwill (Queensland Reds) (capt)
6. Ben Mowen (ACT Brumbies)
7. George Smith (ACT Brumbies)
8. Wycliff Palu (NSW Waratahs)

Replacements:

16. Saia Fainga'a (Queensland Reds)
17. James Slipper (Queensland Reds)
18. Sekope Kepu (NSW Waratahs)
19. Rob Simmons (Queensland Reds)
20. Ben McCalman (Western Force)
21. Michael Hooper (NSW Waratahs)
22. Nick Phipps (Melbourne Rebels)
23. Jesse Mogg (ACT Brumbies)

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Thu 04 Jul 2013, 9:27 am

6 forwards on bench?

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:00 am

The Green and Gold rugby site got it right then!

As good as George Smith is, I am amazed they have dropped Hooper for him, he did so much work in the first two tests and was a very good carrier for the Aussies last week.

Must have the 6 forwards tehre as they know how physical the Lions will make this - would say though our forwards on the bench are far better than the Aussie counterparts (exception of Hooper and Tipuric) and if it comes down to bench then I can see us winning.

Was reading that Gatland was going to also start Tipuric, but feared a Welsh-bias backlash if he picked 11 Welsh starters!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:14 am

Can anyone recommend any good lineout locks left in the game that I could go for in foreigns?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 04 Jul 2013, 2:20 pm

Tim Payne has retired due to a neck injury - I am not sure Wasps have a front row anymore! Looking forward to seeing Mullan though.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 04 Jul 2013, 3:56 pm

Such a loss to rugby...

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu 04 Jul 2013, 4:01 pm

Tragic....

After a good 10 and willing to pay the 40m
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 04 Jul 2013, 4:17 pm

Strange decision. Both Hooper and Gill have been better than Smith in Super 15 and both have done well in tests so far. Reeks of sentiment to me and I suspect he won't be fit. Hopefully it will cost them.

For Lions I think its good news.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu 04 Jul 2013, 4:59 pm

agree its good news for the Lions.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Thu 04 Jul 2013, 7:43 pm

Fixtures announced!

http://www.espn.co.uk/scrum/rugby/series/188579.html?template=fixtures

First games:

Newcastle Falcons v Bath
Gloucester v Sale Sharks
London Irish v Saracens
Northampton Saints v Exeter Chiefs
London Wasps v Harlequins
Leicester Tigers v Worcester Warriors

Not sure who is who though Rolling Eyes

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu 04 Jul 2013, 8:20 pm

Just substitute Welsh for Wasps Luke thumbsup 

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu 04 Jul 2013, 8:23 pm

Couldn't have got Matt at Kingsholm at a better time. Bang in the middle of the 4 nations!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu 04 Jul 2013, 9:04 pm

excellent I wanted a nice easy start...

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 10:03 pm

SJE without folau Dagg and co I will still have some fire power. Tough though!!!

I am generally a slow starter !

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:10 pm

Now the question is, do I sign G Smith from the releases... chin 

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 12:18 am

Intersting lions show on 5live again tonight.

Talking about our lineout. Saying how almost all ball been front which has killed the backs which is true.

Ben Kay saying Tom youngs has world class potential but throwing weak and he is more confident in Hibbard. Talked of how youngs throw always goes under pressure and that's why parlin keeps calling front or even just throwing it to 1
Without even a jump on a funny one. Said without croft youngs struggles. Said that due to experience he does not have ability to vary throw and react to what is in from ie a bit more
Loft or speed Etc.
Hibbard whilst missing a few has a better range. Says that parling is a conservative caller and can be worked out.

Only caught half the show again due to pre season but its a great show.

Gary gold was speaking on how underrated the Aussie front row was and that there scrummaging is decent but there mobility makes the Aussies so tough defensively to penetrate.
Aussies always great defensively. He sees Roberts running at leilifano oconnor channel as key due to their weakness in defence. Also believes AAC is not the defender he was which i disagree with.

Really insightful programme worth seeing if on iplayer or podcast its between 9 and 10 pm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 12:30 am

" I find it hard to fathom why Tom Croft fell out of Gatland's thinking after the first Test. The blindside was statistically their strongest forward in Brisbane but found himself down amongst the replacements in Melbourne. This week, when the Lions will surely need Croft's unrivalled abilities, he falls out of the 23 altogether. A trio of Faletau, Sean O'Brien and Croft would have been ideal for me. It's also worth noting he is another to have Lions Test experience."

We are super light on experience Saturday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 05 Jul 2013, 8:17 am

Croft is a quality but a luxury player with his wing hanging etc. The Aus games are very physical which isn't really his style.

I can understand why he's not been involved since the 1st test.

To add.

His best performance are when the front 5 gain control of the game. He was great end of the AP season as Tigers where bullying teams up front and this allowed Croft to be the extra man out wide or cut lines in midfield. You don't often see that type of dominance at Int level, especially not on this tour anyway.

Last edited by Sgt_Pooly on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 05 Jul 2013, 9:30 am

To be fair to you guys on here I think this is one of the only places that people haven't gone on about BOD and all that stuff and not complaining about the mix of nationalities!

If I wasn't on these games I probably would have chucked this site in.....outside of these games it just gets pretty nasty at times!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 05 Jul 2013, 9:32 am

It's crackers Prop, you understand the uproar if he was playing well but to be fair none of our midfield options have really put in a performance.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 05 Jul 2013, 9:51 am

Exactly! I wouldn't have been that annoyed if jd2 had been dropped!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:06 am

BOD is Ireland's favourite son, there was always going to be an OTT reaction to him being dropped.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next