The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homepage

+6
Fluxy
dammit_chris
stnick88
Steven_Sharks
Sgt_Pooly
Ozzy3213
10 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Homepage - Page 11 Empty Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 30 Jun - 19:34

First topic message reminder :

Homepage - Page 11 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Leicester Tigers win Aviva Premiership final after a penalty shoot out against Harlequins

Homepage - Page 11 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 – Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP F P A P D T F T A TBP LBP POINTS
1Homepage - Page 11 1Bath Rugby000000000000
2Homepage - Page 11 48 Exeter Chiefs 000000000000
3Homepage - Page 11 2Gloucester000000000000
4Homepage - Page 11 7Harlequins000000000000
5Homepage - Page 11 4Leicester Tigers000000000000
6Homepage - Page 11 5London Irish000000000000
7Homepage - Page 11 50London Welsh000000000000
8Homepage - Page 11 8Newcastle Falcons000000000000
9Homepage - Page 11 9Northampton Saints000000000000
10Homepage - Page 11 12Sale Sharks000000000000
11Homepage - Page 11 11Saracens000000000000
12Homepage - Page 11 57Worcester Warriors000000000000

Links

Fixture List
Released/Championship/National League/Academy Bidding
Foreign Transfers
European Homepage
Game History Page

Welcome to Season 6 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (Ozzy3213) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (me) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.

Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 20 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1991.

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page.  Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.

Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.

• Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues.  These players must be bid for on the Domestic Transfer Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

• Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.

Structured Window

No cash will be used and each team will get effectively free transfers by way of a draft, which will run 12th, 11th, 10th …… 1st, 12th, 11th,10th… 1st place side.  This will run from 10th June 2013 until all teams have had their two picks.

Open Window

Open transfer window, teams have unlimited bids provided they have the financial resources to cover them.  Teams may only bid for one player at a time.

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the Domestic Transfer Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be Heineken Cup, Amlin Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday.  Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday.  Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday.  Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday.  Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 20:00 hours on Saturday.  Managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box.  If you are not providing a descriptive prediction you will be restricted to predicting a 1 point win either way.
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

At least 10 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in forfeiting the match and a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point for a first offence, two for a second offence and so on.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (ozzy3213) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Tue 3 Sep - 21:34; edited 1 time in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Homepage - Page 11 Empty Re: Homepage

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug - 22:23

prop_lyd wrote:Evening guys, I won't be too active on either game as have moved into the house today! Finally on the property ladder!!
Good timing prop. Property on up again. My place in bristol rocketed this
Year. Getting silly rent for it.

My house I live in Cotswolds will stay flat. Big cities great way to buy. London is crazy and bristol not far behind.
High rents
In Cardiff suggest prices there
Will
Go same way.

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 30 Aug - 22:39

I've got for rogerstone just outside Newport, quiet area and nice and cheap too! 133 for a 3 bed semi
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug - 22:45

Man that's cheap. Rogerstone ok area as well. Was in Cardiff last Saturday after oval test called off. It's cheap for a big city.

In my town the other day I saw a half price blanket box at £800. I still have no idea what a blanket box is let alone why It's original price can be 1600. Silly Cotswolds for you.

So many yank tourists come here in the summer. Did not realise when I bought place.
Daily living More expensive than London but it is really nice. Should have done more homework before buying though. Getting grief everyday re listed building status.

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 30 Aug - 22:50

Yeah we went for an area easy for our work and room to extend. Got 7 grand off asking price too.

Guessing blanket box is a posh studio flat!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 31 Aug - 10:41

Great stuff Prop!

Just had some people from TOWIE buy a big old hotel a 30 second walk from where I live and they are turning it into the new Sugarhut, for some reason it has put the house prices up in the area, but it has brought in a load of people with more orange skin then Henson! Essex is great.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 31 Aug - 14:50

Clermont so good at home, Fofana & Bardy quality.

Steenkamp getting murdered in the scrum.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug - 16:55

Typical top 14 game. Toulouse put out a poor side and lose away. Steve Thompson was saying when he was at Brive he could not believe the French attitude to playing away. He said they were beaten before they started.

Home matches mean everything. Toulouse are an average side these days. Can't believe they played their safffers. It's a hell of a journey from Argentina. There is no direct route literally a 36 hour journey with transfers.

Even flying business class like they would wiped me out for a week when I went to Mendoza. Think all other French sides benched their saffers this week

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 31 Aug - 16:56

Sounds nasty for Flood

http://www.espn.co.uk/premiership-2013-14/rugby/story/196463.html

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 31 Aug - 17:01

Top 14 so odd with team selections and how some of them put out B teams during the HC and don't even attempt to make the knock out stages.

Clermont must be close to 60 odd games unbeaten at home now? Toulouse have really dropped off last 2 seasons, can see Metro becoming a very good team once all their stars click.

Been quite impressed with the Stade Francais no10 - think it is Plisson or someone like that, sure Steyn will grab his shirt soon enough though.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug - 17:05

dammit_chris wrote:Sounds nasty for Flood

http://www.espn.co.uk/premiership-2013-14/rugby/story/196463.html
Good news for England though ! Great ap player liability at international level. Let burns and Farrell be our tens

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 31 Aug - 17:56

He shouldn't be near the England squad at all anymore, agree with you about him being a great AP player but just doesnt have that something to be a good international though. Apparently Ford been showing up very well for Bath in pre-season, hopefully moving away from Tigers will do the same for him that it did to Twelvetrees.

Would keep an eye on Sam Olver for Saints this season for making a break through, has looked great in pre-season and featured in match day squads in all of their games.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 31 Aug - 18:01

Flood still our best 10, class act.

Hopefully Farrell & Burns can kick on this season, expecting big things.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug - 23:27

Flood would be my 5th choice 10. Would have burns Farrell 36 &Myler as better options.

They all challenge the line better and manage game better. I would love flood to play for glos but he has failed consistently at int level. He also looks like a tranny which does not help !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug - 23:42

anonmattyt wrote:Flood would be my 5th choice 10. Would have burns Farrell 36 &Myler as better options.

They all challenge the line better and manage game better. I would love flood to play for glos but he has failed consistently at int level. He also looks like a tranny which does not help !
I actually think flood is better than 36 and Myler as
A 10 but think Myler and 36 offer
More chance to win a world
Cup

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 1 Sep - 8:11

Hard to judge your opinion on 10's, you said Cruden wasn't top 10....

36 is an awful 10

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 1 Sep - 11:07

For me Wilkinson is still the best English no10 around - shame he didnt move to Toulon earlier in his career and avoid all those injuries playing behind a poor pack like he did!

Think Farrell is our best no10 now, last year saw a more attacking game from him, but only issue for me with him is his temperament. Can be a liability in games. Burns is ideal for impact sub and his place kicking has come on massively.

Flood isn't better than Farrell to start and can't see what he offers from the bench, he's 27/28 now and if he was good enough he'd have that no10 shirt nailed.

Massive year for George Ford now - still think he could be a top class no10, but his place kicking wasn't anywhere near good enough last year, but game management, reading of the game and passing game is up there. Bath will either be top4 or dross.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 1 Sep - 11:13

Farrell & Burns still need to improve certain aspects, Floods all round game is better but he's not going to get better where they may.

Myler & 36 better than Flood is perhaps the stupidest comment I've seen in recent times.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Sep - 11:19

I did not say they were better I said they had more chance of being successful for England as they had not been tried and failed like flood has.

Myler seems to have big game temperament and whilst I don't think he is great it would be more positive to pick him for England than flood.

We all know flood will let us down and we will not win anything with him. Like a lot of people I am unconvinced by cruden at the top level. Hope to see how he plays in an international game where he does not have an armchair ride like the other week

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 1 Sep - 11:34

Big thing for me is that Flood looks good for Tigers because his pack usually dominate and give him front foot ball and loads of time on the ball. When he plays for England he makes wrong decisions and doesn't marshal a game, while Farrell and from what I've seen of Burns both can.

Flood shouldn't play for England anymore, he's had his chances and hasn't taken them.

Any NZ no10 looks good because of their pack - look how that Taylor guy slotted in for them the other week, looked top class and he's behind Carter and Bleyendaal for his club at no10. Might even go as far as saying that Andy Goode could look a world beater if he got to play behind the AB pack.

Dan Carter still head and shoulders above any other no10 though and that's even when he's had a bit of a slump in form compared to his usual high standards.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 1 Sep - 11:42

Myler is a year older than Flood, rubbish he can offer more to England. He's proved absolutely nothing and won nothing, Flood has 50 caps and numerous trophies

I'm so glad you're not involved in picking England sides as you talk garbage!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 1 Sep - 12:40

"Any NZ no10 looks good because of their pack - look how that Taylor guy slotted in for them the other week, looked top class and he's behind Carter and Bleyendaal for his club at no10"

Taylor is ahead of Bleyendaal.

Cruden is the form FH in 2013, that can't really be argued.

The Chiefs don't have a dominant pack yet Cruden is still the best FH in the S15 for 2 seasons.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Sep - 12:45

A kicking percentage in the 60% decile cannot make you the form fly half in 2013.

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 1 Sep - 13:09

Is when your goal kicker plays 15
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 1 Sep - 13:17

Was under the impression that Bleyendaal starts at 10 if Carter gets injured, that they don't start Taylor there, but play him loads at 12 and 15. Well that's what some Crusader fans I know have said.

Cruden very talented player, but still has to improve his overall game - guess it all depends on what you want from your flyhalf, overall prefer the game of guys like Sexton who I think are more all round players.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Sep - 13:35

Driver wrote:Is when your goal kicker plays 15
Cruden was there front line kicker during second half of season. Why they switched from anscombe I will never know. Anscombe had a great season and improved hell of a lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Sep - 13:36

dammit_chris wrote:Was under the impression that Bleyendaal starts at 10 if Carter gets injured, that they don't start Taylor there, but play him loads at 12 and 15. Well that's what some Crusader fans I know have said.

Cruden very talented player, but still has to improve his overall game - guess it all depends on what you want from your flyhalf, overall prefer the game of guys like Sexton who I think are more all round players.

I think cruden is talented just a way away from being the real deal. Said it before but I would not have him in a world top ten.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 1 Sep - 13:55

Yet you put Goosen in there who's done nothing.

Cruden is the form FH in 2013, not a debate

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Sep - 13:59

How has everyone's pre season gone for clubs you support? Glaws have played Munster Toulon etc and lost but to be fair they are hard games. We beat Scarlett's Friday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 2 Sep - 9:29

Juan Smith signs for Toulon....

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 2 Sep - 9:33

Morning folks

Cards on table time.  I am really struggling for time to run this game at the moment.  I don't think I can commit to doing it this season.  I'm really sorry to have left it so late in the day to let you know, but I had hoped that I may be able to get some more free time, but it's just not going to be possible.  If one of you wants to take up the mantle, I am happy to still run a team (albeit I won't be as active as I have been in the past).
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Mon 2 Sep - 10:53

Shame Pete.

My vote is SJE to take over, if he had the time. We could all pitch in with stuff to help.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 2 Sep - 11:41

Thats a shame to hear Pete!

I can give it ago if the majority are happy with that? Might want someone to do the league table though as I hate doing it!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 2 Sep - 13:14

SJE, you are a top man.  Will it make it easier for you if I play as Wasps rather than Welsh?

Also, if you let me know what threads you want in the top box, I will put them there and romove the others.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 2 Sep - 13:37

Yes please Pete saves me going and changing the fixture page now!!
Can you sticky this weeks game thread please and put the fixture list up there as well please?

This weeks game thread is up;
https://www.606v2.com/t47633-ap-round-1#2261033

Note that home teams have to be in by Tuesday midnight and away sides by Wednesday midnight under the new rules thumbsup 

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 2 Sep - 13:39

Johnny Boss....good luck lads, he's a ball buster!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 2 Sep - 13:47

Good Luck SJE!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 2 Sep - 13:54

So does juan smith play for me again
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 2 Sep - 14:26

You didn't release him did you? If not yes hes yours again

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 2 Sep - 14:28

Unreal he's came back.

Toulon is like a Bok OAP's club

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon 2 Sep - 21:42

Good luck sje

I'm really struggling for time wih the house move and my sisters wedding this weekend which I am best man for. Am I home or away? May not be overly active for quite a while but will try my best
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 2 Sep - 22:07

cheers for all you've done with the game Pete - can imagine it must take up a lot of time, so SJE if you need any help at all I'm sure we would all chip in if you need it.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 3 Sep - 9:06

Your home this week Prop thumbsup

Cheers Chris I'm just taking stock at the moment but I'm sure I'll be looking to hand out some jobs soon enough. Don't know how Pete managed to do it all by himself!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 3 Sep - 9:20

Ok cheers sje I will hopefully get the team in around lunch!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 3 Sep - 9:56

Where do we stand with our players if they end up picked for tri nations?

Example I am going to pick Dan Carter as he has not played so far. 50/50 whether he will be involved this week.

If he is picked can I alter my side

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 3 Sep - 9:59

Think we had this last year as well Matt and it was decided once a side is named its final. If you pick Carter and hes called up your bench fly half is called up and your bench is a man short. 

Plus I'm sure Carter would be marked down for having to fly half way across the world for a game v Sale when hes been with the All Blacks this week Whistle

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 3 Sep - 10:20

Mat - had a few people select tri-nations players last year and they all got marked down heavily due to distance they had to travel to turn up.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 3 Sep - 14:12

Conditions are up on the match thread

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 3 Sep - 15:10

Foreign transfers will be closing tomorrow at 20:00 hours for anyone looking to get a last minute signing in thumbsup

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Tue 3 Sep - 17:01

Top work on the updates mate.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue 3 Sep - 17:07

thanks for all your work Pete. Can't think of anyone better to take over than SJE.

I've started my PGCE now so expecting a tough year so can't commit to helping anyway but should have no problems running a team.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next