The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homepage

+12
pullthestrings
Sgt_Pooly
Driver
dammit_chris
LukeLovesLuka
SirJohnnyEnglish
DHLS07
stnick88
prop_lyd
Fluxy
Steven_Sharks
Ozzy3213
16 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Homepage Empty Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:27 am

Homepage Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Pooly quits as Falcons boss after their first home defeat for 2 years, paving the way for a shock return to the Premiership for former Exeter Chiefs, London Welsh and Saracens head coach Driver, who takes charge at Kingston Park.

Homepage Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

POS Aviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOST P F P A P D T F T A TBP LBP POINTS
1 Homepage 4Leicester Tigers13120 1 333 271 +62 36 24 0 1 49
2 Homepage 8Newcastle Falcons13100 3 332 291 +41 35 24 1 3 44
3 Homepage 7Harlequins1390 4 326 302 +24 35 31 1 4 41
4 Homepage 12Sale Sharks13 8 0 5 329 300 +29 36 29 1 5 38
5 Homepage 2Gloucester1370 6 324 314 +10 36 34 1 4 33
6 Homepage 9Northampton Saints1361 6 332 314 +18 36 32 2 5 33
7 Homepage 50London Welsh13 6 1 6 299 288 +11 31 26 0 6 32
8 Homepage 5London Irish136 0 7 325 328 -3 35 34 2 6 32
9 Homepage 1Bath Rugby1360 7 303 313 -10 28 34 0 5 29
10 Homepage 6London Wasps 1320 11 267 320 -53 23 36 0 9 17
11 Homepage 57Worcester Warriors1321 10 275 336 -61 23 36 0 5 15
12 Homepage 11Saracens1321 10 268 336 -68 23 37 0 515

Welcome to Season 5 of the Aviva Premiership fantasty rugby game. Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to. If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (Ozzy3213) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players. If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (me) will remove players at it’s discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the matchday 22's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make up of your squad.

Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have a listed senior academy squad of 20 players. Players who are in the senior academy must be under 22 years of age as of 1st September 2012 (therefore must have been born on or after 1st Septmber 1990). Players who are under the age of 20 (so born after 1st September 1992) AND are in the academy of the club that you are managing in real life, DO NOT need to be listed as senior academy players as part of your 20, but are available to you in this game and cannot be poached by other clubs without paying you a fee.

Should a player not listed in your 20 senior academy players, but part of the clubs academy in real life move clubs in real life, then you will have first option of promoting him to your listed senior academy. If you choose not to take this option he will become property of the club that he moves to in real life in this game.

Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.

• Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 3 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the Championship/National League bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on it's own merits before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

• Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

Foreign transfers will unlimited during the off season and 2 during the season. The exact dates of the two transfer windows during the season is to be confirmed.

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

If a released player plays in real life for a team outside of this game he will be deemed to have returned to that team. If not then he will be deemed to have signed for a Championship side. If another manager wants to pick a released player up, they will have to bid for him in the same way as for a foreign or Championship/National League player.

Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players. Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.

Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be Heineken Cup, Amlin Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches. These games will take place once a week. A thread will be put up for managers to name their teams on Thursdays, then on Fridays, managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved). An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

At least 10 England qualified players in your matchday 23, and at least 5 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in forfeiting the match and a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.

Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point for a first offence, two for a second offence and so on.

Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£1.5m for descriptive predictions
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (ozzy3213) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:08 am; edited 5 times in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Homepage Empty Re: Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:05 am

Big games this week. Bottom three all at home and 5 of the top 6 playing away.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:37 am

table is intriguingly poised. A win for Luke and me and Pooly both losing would see Luke clear at the top and he would be tough to chase down. Little gaps starting to be created.

Another loss for Matt and it would appear he might find it tougher than usual to produce his usual strong home straight.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:45 am

Guys after a lineout calling lock and possibly a centre!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:45 am

Always a slow starter ! Knew the Rc would hurt and not being able to get tactics in for Newcastle hurt also.

My team looks a lot better now and I will be strong during 6n hopefully. In real life the reason i think glos will get play off spot is due to run in we have played most top sides away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:46 am

I could have those available!

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:33 pm

Hendre Fourie retires:

http://www.espnscrum.com/england/rugby/story/175196.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Sale sign Dan Braid, good player:

http://www.espnscrum.com/premiership-2012-13/rugby/story/175195.html

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:39 pm

Very good signing for Sale. I have to say I think they will save themselves and it will come down to whether or not we have enough to catch London Welsh.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:34 pm

Didn't Sale try to sign him before or am I thinking of a different team? Hard luck on Fourie, wonder how many more we'll see go the same way in the coming months.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:50 pm

Reckon you will be safe Pete, saw London Welsh last weekend and they don't have any gainline breakers, so if Irish can sort out their pack a bit more and give the backs a platform - your injury list still looks pretty impressive though, but see you as a better team than Welsh.

Sale look to be improving, the Worcester win was massive - saw Cueto pretty much say if they lost that then they'd have gone down.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:13 pm

I'm not so sure the Worcester win was that great. Worcester are dire on the road and Sale just sneaked the win, I'm really not sure this is the turnaround people think it is (hope it is though).

I still hope Welsh go down but they look solid which is what Irish and Sale don't. It's going to be tight.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:17 pm

Sale scored 3 tries against a Worcester side which was well capable of causing an upset. We looked like a side who cared about the situation we were in and played good rugby.

It was only against Worcester but we have only scraped past Worcester at home in the last few seasons. I don't expect us to beat Saracens or easily climb out of trouble, but the performance and attitude shown by the players was more important than the result.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:39 pm

Sale have improved recently where as Irish havent. Will be close between the 3 bottom sides come the end of the season. Welsh seem to of gone off the boil a bit, didnt realise they havent scored a try since early Novemeber or something.

The bonus for Irish is that we have Sale, Worcester and Welsh at home in the run in.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:55 pm

You go at the weekend Nick?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:58 pm

My worry is, reading between the lines of some of what Brian Smith has said recently, that we have a split in the dressing room. He has talked about some players courting offers and perhaps not being as committed as they could be and I think that has shown on the performances this season.

I can't see how we improve without shedding those who don't want to fight for the team, but we are so short of players we are going to have to stick with them until the end of the season.

Hand on heart, I think we will go down.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:21 pm

no mate I was in Cornwall for a few days over NYE so missed it. Glad I didn't really, am fed up with it. Brian Smith is a mad man. Taken us so far backwards. Only small positive is that Seitamata Sa should be joining soon which at least means we can shift Tagicakibau back out wide. Hoping Sa lives up to the hype.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Simpson's try at the weekend - last month he's been in sensational form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoMc0gAf94

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:32 pm

I thought Sa joined at the beginning of the season? Where's he been??

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:34 pm

I think it's to easy to blame Brian Smith to be honest. He has made some strange decisions like playing Losi at 12 when Shingler is available to play there, but then he's never been one for a second playmaker at 12, preferring a player like Mapasua there who can break the gainline. However, once the players get on the pitch the minimum requirement from them is that they are prepared to put their bodies on the line for the club and they come off the pitch absolutely fecked. That hasn't happened. Some players are not putting it in out there and have to take their share of the blame for where we sit in the table.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Work permit problems. he has a criminal record so hasnt been able to obtain a work permit. it is supposed to of been sorted now and smith has said he should be playing in january.

Thats true pete, but how can he be the only one who see's Tagi as a 12. We have Shingler, Geraghty and Armitage who can all play there. Tagi is such a threat out wide, always beats his first man and attracts attention from defenders which opens up gaps for others. Doesnt happen when he plays 12.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:53 pm

I could see his logic for trying Losi there at the start of the season, but it hasn't worked and he should have recognised that. I think part of it is his desire to have Marland and Topsy on the pitch as well, so he's trying to fit all three of them into the team. I would do the same as they are 3 of our best players, but how I would do it would be to move Topsy to full back and play the other two on the wings, as Tom Homer has been a shadow of himself this season and I am not convinced that he is actually fully fit.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:04 pm

I'd be tempted to play Shingler at full back. I've read that Homer was decent against Quins, but your right he has been poor this season, possibly lacking fitness. Not sure about Topsy at fullback, isnt great defensively or under the high ball. Would counter attack well though. For me, Yarde and Tagi our are best wingers and need to be starting there.

Allinson has been dreadful, kills all momentum with poor passes and he is just too slow. offers no threat round the fringe. Hopefully Phibbs can improve things

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Who are the players that Irish have spent the money on when replacing Maps, and both Armitages?

Sounds as though Corbs is definitely signing for Saints

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:16 pm

Skivington, Humph, Geraghty and O'Leary at a guess.

Skivington has really struggled, I didn't think he'd be a good signing.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:16 pm

Only Genia as good a runner from 9 Chris. The boy is electric!

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:22 pm

Skivington has been injured so only played a handful of games, should be back to full fitness soon.

I wouldnt believe that just yet Chris, theres another side in for him who I think he may end up at.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:34 pm

I think Corbs could end up at Leicester. I know Cockerill was trying not to sign players who miss a lot of games through internationals but I don't think he could resist a potential England front row backed up by Deacon and Parling.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:44 pm

Can't see it Steve, Cockrill has stated he's not in the market for current England Ints due to salary cap and losing them for half the season.

Kvesic & Mullen are big rumours though

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:52 pm

Tigers was who I was hinting at.

They're also after Gibson. No idea why.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:55 pm

Surely Tigers would need to lose Castro first!??? Love to see Corbs at Tigers though, they could kick him onto the next level I reckon and he's bloody good now

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:58 pm

Croft back from injury, has put on 10kg apparently.

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/news/20100.php

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:59 pm

Castro isn't quite the force he was. I could see him heading to France soon.

Gibson has all the raw materials as a player to become world class, but he just hasn't developed at Irish as he should have.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:01 am

too light weight. great work rate though. same has happened with alex gray.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:01 am

Just Christmas weight Whistle

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:05 am

Haha, it would be funny if he ran out and just had a massive gut

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:17 am

Castro is off to France saw it the other day. He is a faded force in loose but still a good scrummager and useful player.

Reckon Irish could take a cuffing against us this weekend. Weather looks great which will help

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:24 am

I see that Mills and Trinder should be back soon Matt....that'll help the depth no end!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:24 am

Gibson 2kg heavier than Croft

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:27 am

Think Mills can get past 36?

Croft is 110kg now apparently Steve

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:28 am

Will be great to have Croft back, been out for some time (was it April he last played?), but such a great player and hopefully he will pick up some form very quickly! Would like to see him back with the England squad come 6Nations.

Quite liking Matt Tait at fullback, they've clearly got him pencilled in as Murphy's replacement there - always a shame he got injured after 2007 and hasn't had much luck since. Think he's still only 25/26.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:34 am

LI Website claims Gibson to be 95 kg, Rfu claims 107 kg.

If RFU right then he is about ideal weight for him.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:40 am

Gibson looks a fair bit more than 95kg

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:51 am

He doesnt make enough yards with ball in hand and has slipped off a few tackles recently. Also is a bit of a penalty machine and the amount of yellow cards he gets is ridiculous. 3/4 this season i think.

Agree Matt you will probably give us a tonking. At least Sarries should do the same to Sale. And Quins to Welsh.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by DHLS07 Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:36 am

I'm on for a bit and still after doing some deals lads.

London Irish look the worst of the sides at the bottom to me. They are lacking direction and a few nasty barstewards who will get them something from a game when the chips are down.

DHLS07

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:58 am

stnick88 wrote:too light weight. great work rate though. same has happened with alex gray.

Alex Grey such a wasted talent, could of been a star if he stayed up north under Deano.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:16 am

Gray looked to have bulked up pre season and after the 7's I thought he was in with a real shout of nailing down the 8 jersey this season, but when I've seen him a couple of times in A games this season he has looked disinterested and a million miles from beign a first team regular.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:35 am

Poor lad just goes from relegation scrap to relegation scrap. Lad has talent though, real clever player.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:00 am

I like Alex Gray a lot, but he's just not kicked on at all. I thnk he is out of contract at the end of the season and I suspect that he may be off to pastures new in the summer.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:06 am

Juan Smith to stay with Cheetahs apparently, can't wait to see him back.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Sarries think Fraser has what it makes to be England 7, they soon forgot about poor Saull!

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/sport/unionclubs/londonrfu/10140013._/

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next