The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16

+28
Lowlandbrit
dyrewolfe
newballs
super_realist
Azzy
Mackem
Roller_Coaster
Duty281
TopoftheChops
Ent
hampo17
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
TRUSSMAN66
The Fourth Lion
guildfordbat
Geordie
Driver
sodhat
Sam
rIck_dAgless
Soldier_Of_Fortune
CFCNick
westisbest
Crimey
Lumbering_Jack
MIG
Good Golly I'm Olly
32 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16 - Page 2 Empty Newcastle United Thread 2015/16

Post by Geordie Wed 26 Jun 2013, 2:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Manager / Head Coach - Steve McClaren
Assistant coach - Paul Simpson
Assistant coach - Ian Cathro
Psychology / Fitness / Motivation: Steve Black
Fitness Coach - Alessandro Schonemaker

Current Squad
(A) - Promoted from the academy, playing reserves but eligible for 1st XV

GK's:
T.Krul, R.Elliott, Karl Darlow 
Brendan Pearson (A) , Freddie Woodman (A), P. Woolston (A),

Defenders:
C. Mbemba, F.Coloccini, Jamaal Lascelles, S.Taylor, P.Dummett, M.Haidara, Daryl Janmaat, C.Good
J. Sterry (A), M. Gilhesphey (A), K.Mbabu (A), L.Satka (A), L. Gibson (A), K Cameron (A), J. Cobain (A), A.Laidler (A), C.Williams (A), L. Suddick (A),

Midfielders:
G. Wijnaldum, C.Tiote, M.Sissoko, V.Anita, J.Colback, G.Bigirmana, S De Jong, S.Ferguson, R. Aarons
D. Barlaser (A), L.Smith (A), D. Ward (A), O. Kemen (A)

Forwards:
A. Mitrovic, P.Cisse, Y.Gouffran, A. Armstrong,  A.Perez, S.Ameobi, E.Riviere, I.Toney
C. Roberts (A), T. Heardman (A), A. Gilliead (A),

Last edited by GeordieFalcon on Thu 05 May 2016, 2:27 pm; edited 20 times in total

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16 - Page 2 Empty Re: Newcastle United Thread 2015/16

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 16 Aug 2013, 10:54 am

Worrying times for Newcastle. Everyone else has strengthened! Relegation dogfight is possible.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16 - Page 2 Empty Re: Newcastle United Thread 2015/16

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:02 am

I think keeping our players was as important as bringing in Marquee names to be honest.

A summer without international football and without European football means we may keep everyon fit as well

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:24 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Worrying times for Newcastle. Everyone else has strengthened! Relegation dogfight is possible.
The EPL is so tight nowadays that a 'relegation dogfight' can pretty much be said to over 12 teams. Yeah, all we've bought in is Remy and now he is injured for a month but this is the exact same squad + January's signings that achieved 5th position in the EPL only two seasons ago. We now don't have Europa League football, less injuries & more strength in depth, thanks to the arrivals in January. Also, the majority of our players will be motivated after a poor season last year and the French contingent will want to impress, in readiness for a potential World Cup place.

It's a complete toss of a coin for alot of teams this season in my opinion but I think Newcastle will do just fine. Just to add, SkySports News this very morning produced a 'vote' for who's going to win the EPL. Newcastle were option G out of 8 options. Yes, ridiculous and I had to laugh but that just shows you how we have a better chance of doing well than alot of teams around us, because of the ability and potential in our squad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:27 am

For me Newcastle just need a top class forward, I think Cisse isn't that and Remy won't be either. They miss Carroll or Ba.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:38 pm

John wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Worrying times for Newcastle. Everyone else has strengthened! Relegation dogfight is possible.
.....we have a better chance of doing well than alot of teams around us, because of the ability and potential in our squad.
I do agree with you in this aspect but you can't soley blame the Europa League for your sudden dip in form. It was the failure to capitalise on your 5th place finish by not bringing in players last summer which cost you, whilst teams in and around stregthened. Looks like the same is happening this year aswell. There still a couple of weeks to do this but missing out on Bent and Gomis, plus Ben Afra and Cabaye being linked else where its a bit of a worry.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:36 am

I think this is gonna be a lllooooooooooooonnnnggg season.

FFS Ashley....we NEED to BUY NOW!!!!! And not just one or two!!!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Aug 2013, 12:09 pm

Geordie, it was difficult to watch last night wasn't it. I said to myself before hand, don't read much into it because it's City away, but after watching the performance and how dreadful it was, I am now worrying.

Basically everything that we knew before hand about the weaknesses of our players and in particular positions came to light. How Gutierrez remains at the club is beyond me, I was actually laughing when he pulled his hamstring, hopefully it's a long term......just dire. Can we include Debuchy in the Cabaye deal? Embarrassing. I've never seen a more shocking full back display in my entire life, slow, weak, lack of concentration......you name it, he showed it. This is the International French right back, I'd like to see his understudies......oops I have Sagna.

Only positives I could find from last night was the return of Tim Krul to form, potentially world class keeper but horrifically let down last night by his team and in particular Taylor. Thought Dummett was great when he came on and actually neutralised the majority of Navas' runs & crosses with great speed and blocking. Apart from that, team was diabolical.

Cabaye, fully expect to go and can't blame the guy. Gave us two great years for £4m and to see him go and play Champions League is what he deserves, especially at his age. If we get £13m-£15m, I guess we can't complain. I think it's a huge week for Kinnear now in getting the replacements and new signings in. If we fail in the next 10 days to clinch good signings, it will indeed be a struggle for a top 10 finish in this league. I also think Remy might be a bad omen or curse, every club he goes to is bottom of the league........

Shocking All Round.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 20 Aug 2013, 3:16 pm

John i couldnt have summmed it up better. It was appalling. Ive been worried for a while now as i have exopressed on here...but after that performance (and yes i appreciate it was away at City) i seriously feel we are doomed...after 1 game.

I dont actually believe we will bring anyone in before the end of the transfer dead line.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 20 Aug 2013, 10:35 pm

Just seen this interesting montage of Pardew headlines.

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16 - Page 2 BSJFNfdIIAAGMiU

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Aug 2013, 11:13 am

He`s not the only manager to blame certain factors for defeat or bad spells. We`ve already had Moyes & Lambert blaming the fixture list, you could make a montage on every manager in the league. We had to play 48 hrs after a Europa League game at Chelsea last season because of some festival issue/security reasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed 21 Aug 2013, 1:09 pm

Everyone has to deal with fixture pile ups. We had to play 7 games in 20 days in April last season.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 6:29 pm

Horrifying performance today, dull, predictable & barely a shot on target.

Newcastle 0-6 Liverpool
Newcastle 0-3 Sunderland
Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal
Newcastle 0-0 West Ham

Just embarrassing. Total disgrace what is happening, why leave out Cabaye because of a bid? Everton receive bids for Baines/Fellaini & they play. Just sell him ASAP and bring in reinforcements. Pardew is in a difficult situation but should not have said, `judge us after our two home games`......basically if we lose to Fulham, he's sacked. What a mess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 6:33 pm

I bet Joe is salivating at the thought of taking over, again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:01 pm

Well, still a total lack of transfer activity...even bloomin Arsenal are now splashing the cash...£42m for Ozil.

Whats the thoughts...do you think we'll actually get any new faces...or is that it now.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:40 pm

Gomis is dead, all I'm hearing is Tom Ince is a possibility. Other than that......

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 02 Sep 2013, 3:21 pm

Whats your thoughts John? Is the squad good enough...or do we desperately need some in.

Im afraid im in the latter thoughts...i really think we need a few players in.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 3:54 pm

Yeah, we need players. Ozil to Arsenal is done, will Yohan leave tonight.....not sure now. The club will probably set up a press conference and claim Cabaye staying is like a new signing. Annoyed we haven't bought in a big physical presence up front, needed competition for Cisse. Remy playing out-wide on the left, might mean Ince is not needed but for £8m, we should just go and get him. Defensively we look alright, full backs need strenghtening but can't see it happening now. Frustrating window so far but what else did we expect?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon 02 Sep 2013, 4:36 pm

John wrote:Yeah, we need players. Ozil to Arsenal is done, will Yohan leave tonight.....not sure now. The club will probably set up a press conference and claim Cabaye staying is like a new signing. Annoyed we haven't bought in a big physical presence up front, needed competition for Cisse. Remy playing out-wide on the left, might mean Ince is not needed but for £8m, we should just go and get him. Defensively we look alright, full backs need strenghtening but can't see it happening now. Frustrating window so far but what else did we expect?
Come get Demba Ba back off us?? Please!

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 5:03 pm

Going Arsenal mate most probably. Going back to us would probably be seen in his eyes as a step backwards. Plus, doubt we will even stump up the £3m loan fee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 02 Sep 2013, 10:24 pm

I'm not impressed that we haven't tried to bring a couple of players in. Total lack of any ambition, lack of trying to improve the squad...

Does this also mean Pardew has to play some kids now.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 10:44 pm

yeah, shocker really. god knows what kinnear is being paid to do. remy that was it. at least we kept cabaye but how much passion n commitment he's still got for the club is questionable.

- - - - - - - - cisse- - - - -  --
remy- - - - - - - - - - - - ben arfa
- -  cabaye- -tiote- -sissoko- - -  -

thats it folks, keep em fit it's not bad but still disappointing. Joe Kinnear back in June 'judge me on my signings'.......what ******* signings?

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 02 Sep 2013, 11:08 pm

Absolutely...just WHAT is Kinnear there for?? Utterly bizarre....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 02 Sep 2013, 11:12 pm

Good luck Alan Pardew eh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 03 Sep 2013, 8:30 am

So lets evaluate this.

Alan Pardew gets an 8 year deal - crazy really. Ashley suddenly thinks ouch made a mistake need to force him out...lets get Kinnear in and mess everything up....and certainly no new players!!!

By all accounts not one member of the team or coaching staff actually talk to Kinnear...he's totally ignored.

The club is a laughing stock once again...Mike Ashley please do us a favour and leave now.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 03 Sep 2013, 9:09 am

I think Kinnear was the strewdest piece of business in the whole window Laugh

Judge me on my siginings. He probably didnt have nothing to do with the Remy deal either cos he was on his jollys?

He must have some dirt on Ashley!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Sep 2013, 12:02 pm

Basically, if we're struggling in December, there will be panic buys from France just like last year. Its deja vu just like last summer. we needed to invest and we didnt. Unbelievable really. What Cabaye must be thinking, he's been totally done over by arsenal big time. hopefully he just gets his head down now and plays well for the club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 03 Sep 2013, 2:29 pm

What Cabaye must be thinking, he's been totally done over by arsenal big time. hopefully he just gets his head down now and plays well for the club..
Amen to that..

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 03 Sep 2013, 4:37 pm

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/summer-discontent-newcastle-united-st-5831553

Good piece on Newcastle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:29 am

Well i wonder who wrote that statement from Alan Pardew...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 04 Sep 2013, 10:36 am

West Ham fan here.

What is happening to Newcastle this season and last is reminiscent of what happened to us under Pardew. Not in terms of signings, but team performance.

We had a great season is 2006, finishing top 10 (after just coming up) and being Steven Gerrard's right foot away from winning the FA Cup. Then, the performances dipped, there were rumblings that he'd made enemies in the dressing room and that the players weren't playing for him any more. We were bottom at Christmas and he was given the boot.

In all I'm saying I won't be surprised if you're more like last season than the one before, and Pardew may be gone before too long. Hope not, I like Newcastle, it's a great city.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Sep 2013, 8:23 pm

Newcastle midfielder Romain Amalfitano has joined French Ligue 2 side Dijon on loan for the season Laugh 

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 05 Sep 2013, 9:31 am

Well he was a great signing now wasnt he...ha ha.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Sep 2013, 2:50 pm

Alan Pardew has said, ''Yoan Gouffran is the new Peter Lovenkrands''. picard 

Pardew further states, ''He runs all day and is a terrific lad, I think our fans appreciate those kind of players''.

Must admit, some of the **** coming out of Pardew in the last week or two is grinding on me. First, defending Kinnear about the non-signings in the window and now this garbage. Basically what he's saying is that Gouffran is bull**** and that he's another Gutierrez, only in the side because of his work-rate & attitude. God Help Us. All I know, is that Gouffran missed an absolute shocker against West Ham & then another shocking missed header from five yards against Fulham. Worrying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2013, 5:02 pm

haha look what i said above about gouffran last week. haha

what a win, hatem ben arfa is our messi, unbelievable talent this guy. 8th in the table, equal with united with 7 points from 12. cant complain. great to see cabaye/remy in the team, hopefully we can push on and have a campaign like two years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 7:25 pm

Was there saturday, with a Newcastle fan.

Ben Arfa is quality.
Your fans were good again, before, during the match.
Usual banter, that turns a big ugly after.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 8:20 pm

All I've heard at work this week is, 'the way to stop hatem is put him on his right foot every time and dont allow him to cut in'.

To which i replied, ' watch this.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyuYZ3gMRvk'

They all went quiet unsurprisingly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 18 Sep 2013, 12:18 pm

John

Regardless of his goal, your still right about Goufran...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Sep 2013, 2:17 pm

haha i know geordie.

hull @ home next - expectant 3 points but it would be typical newcastle to end up in a 0-0. Think we need to win, difficult matches at Goodison & at newly promoted Cardiff & then at home against Liverpool with Suarez back. Then it's the derby with the scum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 5:05 pm

John wrote:hull @ home next - expectant 3 points but it would be typical newcastle to end up in a 0-0
Typical Newcastle. To lose was just embarrassing. After last weeks great result, you thought we'd really push on. How we were wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 4:03 pm

Loic Remy wrote off his 100k Audi in a crash with a taxi. Walked away but was limping. Just what we needed, also Coloccini got injured on International break. Liverpool next, fully expect 0 points.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 19 Oct 2013, 2:56 pm

Decent result down to 10 men...and they worked their socks off. We need another defender though...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Oct 2013, 3:02 pm

Agree, magnificent work rate & commitment, something which we doubted before. Excellent point, given the circumstance & something to build on ahead of next weekend.

Yanga is a disgrace though, without doubt need a new centre back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 20 Oct 2013, 9:06 pm

Suarez is a diving runt. He was flopping about all over the park.

Cheat.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Oct 2013, 11:04 am

We all know what he is, even was up to those tricks against Argentina in the WC qualifier last week. Dived, fooled the ref & they got the penalty & won 3-2 to reach the WC playoff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 28 Oct 2013, 11:25 am

Well only us can make the bottom side look remotely decent. Pathetic.

That Borini has only scored two premiership goals...his previous was for liverpool against.....US.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Oct 2013, 11:33 am

Geordie - was embarrassing performance, yeah we dominated large parts of the game but created nothing. defensively we werent actually that bad, dummett was lost in the occassion in the first twenty minutes but the full backs werent too bad. tiote was dominating & stong i thought and it was actually cabaye having an average game. sissoko is just dog**** at the moment, think he had a rift with pardew previously, does not look happy. Gouffran????? did he even touch the ball, how he lasted 70 odd minutes. shocking. remy, isolated & no service. ben arfa trying too hard, touches of skill but no end product - returning to his frustrating days instead of that early season form.

it was pretty obvious we were gonna lose on poyet's first home game. we're so inconsistant it's just not funny. this season is a write off for me, we aint good enough for top 8 but we are too good to go down. mid-table no man's land really. City in the cup coming up, not really too bothered about, can't see us winning. then chelsea n spurs in the league - pardew could be under some pre-xmas pressure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 04 Nov 2013, 1:34 pm

Well that was an interesting result. Funny how we play great against the top sides, yet play embarrasingly poor against the teams we should be beating.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Nov 2013, 2:42 pm

Exactly, yo-yo performances are the most worrying area for Pardew to sort out. We're a comfortable mid-table team, which also worries me because Ashley will probably see no point in investing in January because we won't break into the top 6 & we won't go down. Just status quo I feel until the summer. Must admit, Yanga is starting to grow on me. Think he's settled down now, adjusting nicely & potentially there could be a classy defender in there. Coloccini took years, therefore there's still time. Anita & Remy also deserve credit, superb performances.

Tottenham away is next, it would be typical Newcastle to go their & get beat 5-0 and end Spurs difficult scoring patch. Just typical. I mean we gave Sunderland a first win for god's sake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 05 Nov 2013, 4:53 pm

We usually get spanked at White Hart Lane as well.

Unless Obafemi Martins scores a wonder goal.....
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Nov 2013, 5:08 pm

We were actually playing well last year at the Lane, we just unfortunately saw Bale score a wonder free kick n then in the second half Perch got injured, Pardew failed to react with a sub & Bale then walked around the injured Perch, through out AWOL defence n banged the winner in a 2-1 defeat.

Remember that Obafemi Martins goal, literally blew the net apart. Obafemi or Papiss currently? No brainer for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next