The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16

+28
Lowlandbrit
dyrewolfe
newballs
super_realist
Azzy
Mackem
Roller_Coaster
Duty281
TopoftheChops
Ent
hampo17
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
TRUSSMAN66
The Fourth Lion
guildfordbat
Geordie
Driver
sodhat
Sam
rIck_dAgless
Soldier_Of_Fortune
CFCNick
westisbest
Crimey
Lumbering_Jack
MIG
Good Golly I'm Olly
32 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16 - Page 4 Empty Newcastle United Thread 2015/16

Post by Geordie Wed 26 Jun 2013, 2:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Manager / Head Coach - Steve McClaren
Assistant coach - Paul Simpson
Assistant coach - Ian Cathro
Psychology / Fitness / Motivation: Steve Black
Fitness Coach - Alessandro Schonemaker

Current Squad
(A) - Promoted from the academy, playing reserves but eligible for 1st XV

GK's:
T.Krul, R.Elliott, Karl Darlow 
Brendan Pearson (A) , Freddie Woodman (A), P. Woolston (A),

Defenders:
C. Mbemba, F.Coloccini, Jamaal Lascelles, S.Taylor, P.Dummett, M.Haidara, Daryl Janmaat, C.Good
J. Sterry (A), M. Gilhesphey (A), K.Mbabu (A), L.Satka (A), L. Gibson (A), K Cameron (A), J. Cobain (A), A.Laidler (A), C.Williams (A), L. Suddick (A),

Midfielders:
G. Wijnaldum, C.Tiote, M.Sissoko, V.Anita, J.Colback, G.Bigirmana, S De Jong, S.Ferguson, R. Aarons
D. Barlaser (A), L.Smith (A), D. Ward (A), O. Kemen (A)

Forwards:
A. Mitrovic, P.Cisse, Y.Gouffran, A. Armstrong,  A.Perez, S.Ameobi, E.Riviere, I.Toney
C. Roberts (A), T. Heardman (A), A. Gilliead (A),

Last edited by GeordieFalcon on Thu 05 May 2016, 2:27 pm; edited 20 times in total

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16 - Page 4 Empty Re: Newcastle United Thread 2015/16

Post by Geordie Tue 25 Mar 2014, 11:40 am

Ah i really cant be bothered to reply to that rubbish ...John feel free.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16 - Page 4 Empty Re: Newcastle United Thread 2015/16

Post by Guest Tue 01 Apr 2014, 10:22 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Ah i really cant be bothered to reply to that rubbish ...John feel free.

Laugh I was tempted but I thought better of it.

Embarrassing result & performance this weekend though. The players know a top 10 gets them the agreed season ending bonus, in the situation we were in, that was always going to create complacency. Now Stoke & WHU are beginning to catch, I'm expecting improved performances.

Reported this week, Debuchy is claiming 'PSG' are a great club & that he would welcome a move. Where have we heard that before?Embarrassing this guy's love for Cabaye, basically following him wherever Yohan goes to. I understand they are friends but this is just ridiculous. I also see Pardew has given up on Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa. Thought he'd turned a corner with a few good games but in the end he just doesn't look cut out for the EPL. Mass exodus to commence soon......

Also linked with Alexandre Lacazette from Lyon, who's bagged 20 goals this seaso. Probably means we given up on Gomis as he's not a long term option.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:40 am

This will sound strange, but it's almost as if Newcastle need a relegation so that the team can start from scratch. Think you're in a bit of a rut and are only going to lose top players now you feel. This summer is huge, need to lose any players who aren't really up to scratch like Cisse and Yanga-Mbiwa and try and bring in some quality. I think the scouts need to look away from France as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 09 Apr 2014, 12:24 pm

My biggest complaint is, what the hell is the academy doing??!!!

What are all the coaches down there getting paid for? It would appear to be money for nothing.

Time to stop with so many cheap french signings...the odd one is ok and some like Cabaye prove shrewd...but not just a mass of them. Bring in some real quality.

Interesting the new director has said the policy is to bring in 1-2 signings a year. HHmmm

Mass Clearout required!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Apr 2014, 1:23 pm

The academy is a joke, there's no talent anymore. Every week I look at the youth squads & they are usually losing or getting walloped.

If this new director is saying 1 or 2 signings per year or in the summer, then I'm straight down the bookies & putting wads of cash on us going down with Burnley next year. The summer is defining, we've got at least six or seven players + leaving this summer that need replacing.

As for the French influx, I don't know how we are going to get out of the cycle. To move away from that cycle, Ashley is going to have to spend big domestically or elsewhere. Will that happen? With the EPL money & Cabaye's fee, we either spend massively on six players from France or Europe OR we spend massively on two or three quality players in key positions. Quantity or Quality? We need a big squad, therefore I see us going for quantity, meaning cheap from France. Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 09 Apr 2014, 1:27 pm

I'm going to be blunt and say i expect us too be relegated next year.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 09 Apr 2014, 1:43 pm

I think your right John.

Ashley has got his policy sorted now. He doesnt care about the flak he's taking...his rolling in the money nicely.

He'll bring in another load of cheap "bargain " signings with the hope that one or two turn out like Cabaye and cash in on it.

The thing is many of our players can be replaced fairly easily.

Probably leaving this summer:

Defenders:
F.Coloccini - Difficult to replace...need to spend big
S.Taylor - Has his moments...but mostly we all expect mistakes.
M.Debuchy - Off to Paris...could be difficult to replace
S.Ferguson - Is he on loan? Probably be off in the summer
J. Tavenier - Is he going to get much gametime?
Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa - Id work with him...on the flank maybe

We need to spend money on the defence

Midfielders:
H.Ben Arfa - Looks lazy and fat and disinterested
Dan Gosling - Utter rubbish
R.Amalfitano - Utter rubbish
J.Guttierez - No end product
S.Marveaux - Not been given enough time. I would have been playing him
G.Obertan - Utter rubbish
H.Vuckic - Is he still at the club?
M.Abeid - Likewise...is he still at the club?

We need some real creative quality in there. We have tacklers and battlers...but thats not enough in the Prem

Forwards
P.Cisse? Surely one of the young academy kids could score more than him!!!!
S.Ameobi - Ditto

We have to spend big on some serious proven goalscorers.

Summary
Ashley is going to have to get his wallet out this summer BIG TIME....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 09 Apr 2014, 2:53 pm

I wouldnt worry, our academy win games and still we dont produce anyone who can make the first team any more. Its very difficult for lots of places at the moment.

I don't think Newcastle need a root and branch overhaul, but there will need to be a chunk of wonga spent. A new striker, at least two new defenders, a new central midfielder and two new attacking midfielders (be they wingers or not).

I would imagine Pardew will need to add a couple of freebies from the out of contract list, a loanee or two and then some fairly notable signings.

The notable ones should all be down the spine. New Colo, New Cabaye, New Remy.

Of people out of contract: Lescott, Whittingham, Albrighton, Chris Brunt and dare I say it Seb Larsson would be decent additions but nothing spectacular.

Micah Richards has said he's leaving this summer and I see that being a fight between yourselves and ourselves (West Ham) unless Arsenal run out of options or Coleman leaves Everton.

I dont think Ashley will leave Pardew too short, but I can't see it being extravagant either (I say this from the outside, I have little real knowledge of the man).

Of the four teams that could go down, there are pickings from each (although Sunderland I would expect to be avoided.) Could offer options. I don't see anyone worth picking up from teams below you that would actually be let go or majorly interested. The Championship has good players and Pardew has good history of taking good players on from there, but I don't see it happening.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 11 Apr 2014, 12:10 pm

JOhn

Whats your take on Adam Armstrong, Adam Campbell, Drummett, Tavanier etc

Pardew has come out saying he is protecting Armstrong by not playing him...im afraid i just dont get that.

THe season is over, nothing to play for ...no motivation at all by some who have been taking the field...

I would give a few of the kids games over some over the pathetic players who've been wearing the shirt recently.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Apr 2014, 8:21 pm

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16 - Page 4 10251954_10152308323147731_6506013489507740034_n

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 12 Apr 2014, 8:24 pm

Big apology from Pardew in The Sun tomorrow apparently.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 14 Apr 2014, 8:37 am

I wish Pardew and the boards would all take a walk now.

Pardew is just not good enough.

We could will be in sunderlands position next season if we dont sort it out.

On form since the turn of the year, we'd be forth bottom.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:51 am

Moyes next?

I foresee the Ameobi departure being like Carlton's from us last summer. Let go early on with ambition to do better, then struggle to sign anyone combined with injuries meaning he is needed to at least flesh out numbers and re-signed near the season's start

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:45 am

No thanks dont want Moyes.

But in all honesty its irrelevant who we get in whilst the leech is still our chairman.

Pardew is infuriating and clueless.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Apr 2014, 2:28 pm

Heard the joke about Colback joining Newcastle United.......oh wait  picard 

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 26 Apr 2014, 2:32 pm

It's embarrassing , If we sign Colback I'm refusing to pay to watch them.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 28 Apr 2014, 10:09 am

Yeah Colback as the Marquee signing to replace Cabaye. Thats going to keep the Season Ticket sales up isnt it!

I just want Ashley to disappear off to Rangers and Pardew to disappear off anywhere.

EDIT:

I see we are also being linked with Jonjo Shelvey??!! And a return to St james of Demba Ba.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 29 Apr 2014, 8:58 am

Simply appalling!
No fight, no interest, no passion, no skill.

And Pardews interviews are getting worse and worse. "The first goal was crucial"???!!! Oh no s$*t sherlock...but so was the 2nd and 3rd.

Ashely out, Pardew Out.

Get some local and English talent in who at least have some fight!!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 May 2014, 11:10 am

Coloccini now is staying. Ashley must of been very persuasive in that dinner they had together. Must be a sign or clear indication that big money will be spent this summer, otherwise Colo would of been off. It's a positive bit of news. We were saying we need like six or seven new players to replace the exodus, however Pardew is saying three or four top quality arrivals now. Wait & see what happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue 06 May 2014, 12:21 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:I see we are also being linked with Jonjo Shelvey??!! And a return to St james of Demba Ba.

I think both of those will be good signings for you. Demba despite his important goals this year just isn't valued by Jose.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 06 May 2014, 2:00 pm

John,
Colo needs some quality to help him. He's not been the player we know of late...but thats understandable when your pretty much doing it all by yourself. Williamson has actually been the best centre back.

Be interesting to see what some of outlay they're going to spend. Needs to be quite a bit.

Sam...im not convniced on Shelvey at all. Demba Ba....yeah i probably would take him back again. But we have young Armstrong banging goals in for fun in the reserve side...we have young Tavenier, other young players. Why havent they just been let loose by Pardew for the last few games when there's absolutely nothing to play for or nothing to lose and we've played rubbish.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed 07 May 2014, 11:56 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Sam...im not convniced on Shelvey at all. Demba Ba....yeah i probably would take him back again. But we have young Armstrong banging goals in for fun in the reserve side...we have young Tavenier, other young players. Why havent they just been let loose by Pardew for the last few games when there's absolutely nothing to play for or nothing to lose and we've played rubbish.
I think you could do worse! He's still young, can create and score goals and has a bit of aggression in him in defence, seems to work hard too when I've seen him play. What other midfield options do you have  Rolling Eyes 

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 May 2014, 4:10 pm

What would you say about this line-up next season? I think they would be relatively realistic summer acquisitions.

- - - - - - - -  -BA- - - - - -  - - -
GOUFFRAN- -GRENIER- -CABELLA
- - - - -TIOTE- -SISSOKO- - - - -
CRESSWELL-COLO-CAULKER-SANTON- -
- - - - - - - - KRUL- - - - - - - - -

We bring back Demba from Stamford Bridge to lead the line, which I think he'd be open too. He might get some ridiculous offers from the Middle-East or Russia, given his recent form, but it's an option. Moussa isn't an out-an-out winger, need to bring him centrally to stiffen up the spine of the team with his strength & power alongside Tiote. Grenier to replace Cabaye in the 10 role & Cabella providing the attacking threat & cutting in ability down the right. Debuchy will be off, bring in Cresswell from Ipswich & move Santon to his preferred right back slot. We also bring Caulker in from Cardiff with his relegation release clause & partner him with Coloccini.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 08 May 2014, 9:59 am

Yeah not bad John.

Personally though i genuinely want to see a few young British lads / Academy lads in there or at least getting plenty of gametime next season. And our academy has a few coming through that NEEDS to be given some games.

The likes of Adam Campbell, Alan Armstrong, Paul Dummett, James Tavernier, Remie Streete etc.

And other academy players like Curtis Good

Then we have the likes of Mehdi Abeid who has been showing his true form in Greece.

Im not saying they all start every game...im saying i want to see progress now towards our club actually producing our own players and making the club a bit more English again instead of just a squad of foreigners.

I'D love to see one game this season - a meaningless cup game or whatever...field something like

- - - -Campbell- -  -Armstong- - -  - - -
GOUFFRAN- ------------------ -Abeid
- - - - -TIOTE- -SISSOKO- - - - -
Dummett-COLO-Streete-Tavenier- -
- - - - - - - - KRUL- - - - - - - - -

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 May 2014, 10:32 am

Our top three targets this summer are all involved in some way in the French WC squad.

Grenier in the main squad & Cabella/Lacazette on standby. Probably better off for us, if those two remain on standby & don't get to impress in Brazil & others become interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 16 May 2014, 1:55 pm

I see Gosling is off to Bournemouth. Shows his level eh?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 16 May 2014, 2:46 pm

Newcastle are threatening to sue Richard Keys after he said that Ben Arfa had chinned Pardew in the dressing room.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 20 May 2014, 10:10 am

Well i havent heard much of the clearout yet? Gosling aside.

And new signings? mmmmwwahaahahahahahahahahahahahahah we'll be lucky to attract any decent players.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 May 2014, 10:43 am

Laugh linked with Shawcross now

Linked with - Cabella, Grenier, Berahino, Cresswell, Townsend, Noble (Pardew bums him, but I don't rate him), Lacazette & Pierre-Michel Lasogga. Take your pick  thumbsup 

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 20 May 2014, 10:48 am

See Mike Ashley is set to buy the Sports Domes at Seaton Carew which is setting him back abit by all accounts.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 May 2014, 10:52 am

sack off the domes, we want players!

£12m for Shawcross  picard 

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 20 May 2014, 10:53 am

John

I fear for the summer dealings....i think next season is going to be a total car crash.

I notice young England U17s have got to the final of their tournament with 2 Newcastle lads in the team.
Guess they'll be off in the summer...too good for us!!

Driver, really? Seaton Carew...Hartlepool?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 20 May 2014, 10:54 am

12 m for Shawcross....really?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 20 May 2014, 12:52 pm

Cheap really.

26, captain and player of the year for stoke.

Good deal if Newcastle can get him.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 May 2014, 1:02 pm

Ent wrote:Cheap really.

26, captain and player of the year for stoke.

Good deal if Newcastle can get him.

Agree, if you've got an owner you could trust to spend £45m+, which is what we need, minimum, for the re-build. I'm not sure we can trust that will happen currently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 20 May 2014, 1:39 pm

Yeah , It's already sponsored by JD Sport which he owns, It's got 5 indoor pitchs , gyms , restraunts. It's quite impressive tbh.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 22 May 2014, 1:02 pm

Well done to Goalkeeper Freddy Woodman and Striker Alan Armstrong for helping England to win the European U17's.

Ashley will be seeing the ££££££££££££££££££ signs

We have also singed Tenerife 20 year old striker Ayoze Perez. Never heard of him.

I hope this doesnt interfere with Armstrongs progression!!

AND to continue...this french striker who wants £100k a week. Tell him where to go!!!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 May 2014, 1:30 pm

Perez will be moved to the development squad apparently, can see this being another Amalfitano.

Gomis can **** off on those wages, he'll end up at Galatasaray & replacing Drogba.

Also, linked with Romanian centre-back Stefan Radu of Lazio for £8m.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 02 Jun 2014, 11:34 am

Well it looks like the Cabella deal should go through.

But aside from that its just a stream of different names from French clubs i keep hearing.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 02 Jun 2014, 12:02 pm

I'v read somewhere that we're a good £5m off the asking price.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jun 2014, 12:40 pm

I hear the deal was pretty much agreed, then it went pear-shaped. Their owner has a dislike for our club, he said some pretty negative stuff about us over recent months & has now gone about making this deal as difficult as possible to complete. Typical.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 02 Jun 2014, 4:46 pm

And seems to be some substance in this winger from Marseille? Who has been transfer listed.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 09 Jun 2014, 2:04 pm

See we have signed Colback from Sunderland on a free.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Tue 10 Jun 2014, 9:05 pm

Good player, he was good for Ipswich on loan

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 9:08 pm

Just don't see where he fits in the first team in midfield, unless Santon is sold to A.C Milan & we play him left back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 10 Jun 2014, 11:09 pm

I've heard from someone I know at the Nodge that your boys are interested in Mr Snodgrass for somewhere in the region of 4-5 million.

Any of you folks heard anything?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 11:27 pm

Yeah, there's a rumour. Wouldn't surprise me if we made a move, we could do with a winger type with decent delivery. I think the Cabella deal has gone down the drain, now he's in the WC side & the Montpellier owner refuses to sell to us. I would of preferred someone like Townsend though, someone with pace.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 10 Jun 2014, 11:42 pm

Hmm it does seem like something that'd make sense and the guy who told is usually fairly spot on with these things

Townsend may have pace, but Snodgrass has the end product and at the end of the day the game is won with goals. He has shown with us in a side that is defensive that not only can he provide he can score also. His set pieces are a great weapon too. Also good defensively as well. He'd be a good addition for the toon
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 11 Jun 2014, 1:59 pm

At least we're going for British players if thats the case.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 11 Jun 2014, 3:17 pm

Snodgrass could be a top buy for us , great at set piece which we havn't had since Barton.

Cabaye for all his open play couldn't knock them onto some one consistently enough.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next