The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16

+28
Lowlandbrit
dyrewolfe
newballs
super_realist
Azzy
Mackem
Roller_Coaster
Duty281
TopoftheChops
Ent
hampo17
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
TRUSSMAN66
The Fourth Lion
guildfordbat
Geordie
Driver
sodhat
Sam
rIck_dAgless
Soldier_Of_Fortune
CFCNick
westisbest
Crimey
Lumbering_Jack
MIG
Good Golly I'm Olly
32 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16 - Page 3 Empty Newcastle United Thread 2015/16

Post by Geordie Wed 26 Jun 2013, 2:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Manager / Head Coach - Steve McClaren
Assistant coach - Paul Simpson
Assistant coach - Ian Cathro
Psychology / Fitness / Motivation: Steve Black
Fitness Coach - Alessandro Schonemaker

Current Squad
(A) - Promoted from the academy, playing reserves but eligible for 1st XV

GK's:
T.Krul, R.Elliott, Karl Darlow 
Brendan Pearson (A) , Freddie Woodman (A), P. Woolston (A),

Defenders:
C. Mbemba, F.Coloccini, Jamaal Lascelles, S.Taylor, P.Dummett, M.Haidara, Daryl Janmaat, C.Good
J. Sterry (A), M. Gilhesphey (A), K.Mbabu (A), L.Satka (A), L. Gibson (A), K Cameron (A), J. Cobain (A), A.Laidler (A), C.Williams (A), L. Suddick (A),

Midfielders:
G. Wijnaldum, C.Tiote, M.Sissoko, V.Anita, J.Colback, G.Bigirmana, S De Jong, S.Ferguson, R. Aarons
D. Barlaser (A), L.Smith (A), D. Ward (A), O. Kemen (A)

Forwards:
A. Mitrovic, P.Cisse, Y.Gouffran, A. Armstrong,  A.Perez, S.Ameobi, E.Riviere, I.Toney
C. Roberts (A), T. Heardman (A), A. Gilliead (A),

Last edited by GeordieFalcon on Thu 05 May 2016, 2:27 pm; edited 20 times in total

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16 - Page 3 Empty Re: Newcastle United Thread 2015/16

Post by Driver Tue 05 Nov 2013, 5:10 pm

Gouffran scored his first goal that game , great finish into the top right hand corner.

Whats been your top Newcastle goal of recent years , mine is Raylors against Everton.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16 - Page 3 Empty Re: Newcastle United Thread 2015/16

Post by Guest Tue 05 Nov 2013, 7:01 pm

Hatem`s against Blackburn in the cup was ridiculous went through about six players, one of my favourites. Yeah, that volley against Everton was pretty special. Tiote`s vs Arsenal in the 4-4 was pretty special, seeing as its his only goal. Further back probably have to with Shearer`s volley vs Everton & a selection of Laurent Robert`s strikes.

Reckon we'll lose to Spurs by a couple but we don't know what Newcastle side will turn up. At least its on Sky, actually that's a bad thing, we've basically lost every time this season we've been on Sky in the league.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Nov 2013, 8:00 pm

Unbelievable result today. Cracking 3 pts. As I said before Yanga Mbiwa starting to settle down now n great clearance today off the line. Krul was sensational too, along with Gouffran surprisingly. Have to agree, dropping HBA n Cisse has done the trick. No more passengers.

Home games against Norwich & WBA n then a trip to Swansea. I`m expecting at least two wins but it would be typical us to beat the big team n crumble against the struggling teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Dec 2013, 4:00 pm

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16 - Page 3 Ba5IGgGIAAA9dAP

Great result lads!

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 09 Dec 2013, 2:51 pm

Just so inconsistant though John. Play brilliantly against the big boys, but lose games you would think we should win at a canter.

Great win at the weekend. Man U need a midfield like Tiote and Cabaye.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 2:55 pm

Agree, just think of the lost points this season, while Pardew was working out the best team & dropping HBA/Cisse.
West Ham (h) draw) Shocked 
Hull (h) defeat  Shocked 
Sunderland (a) defeat  Shocked 
Swansea (a) defeat  Shocked 

Whereas we've beaten Chelsea @ home & Spurs & United away

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 09 Dec 2013, 3:16 pm

Yeah its a strange one. We're looking decent though, and i agree with what your saying about Yanga MBiwa...looking a little more composed now. I wasnt convinced at all but am beginning to come round.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Dec 2013, 4:41 pm

January should be interesting. I can't really see much happening for us, although it depends entirely upon the future of Coloccini & his wife's demands for him to return ASAP.

Other rumour is that Sporting Lisbon winger Diego Capel is being eyed by Newcastle United as a possible replacement for Jonas Gutierrez (Think would be a good move because Jonas is shocking & without Coloccini at the club, would make sense to ship him out too. Capel at Sevilla was not a bad player & would offer something different).

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu 26 Dec 2013, 11:47 pm

So yeah i enjoyed today , Don't think Mark Hughes did though.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Dec 2013, 1:41 pm

Cracking result, although I don't think we were playing that great prior to the red cards. Still think Arsenal will show our deficiencies in certain areas. Good to see HBA showing a good performance & Remy offering Cisse the penalty. Great team spirit at the moment & confidence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 20 Jan 2014, 11:41 am

So it looks like Cabaye is off to Paris in the range of £21m and judging from the Montpellier coaches reaction it looks like his replacement is already sealed...Remy Cabella in the region of £10m.

The Montpellier coach has launched an attack saying basically why on Earth would anyone want to go to Newcastle...who'd even want to spend a week here and we're not even a big club, and that he hopes someone else comes in and signs him instead.

Sour grapes?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jan 2014, 4:22 pm

Its a shame if Cabaye leaves but there's a general inevitability about it. Buying for £4m & selling for £21m is exceptional business for a 28 year old.

Only issue is we are selling the heartbeat n creative force of our side but replacing him with a winger ( Remy Cabella), who appears to be a slightly more consistent version of Ben Arfa. Strange one, however, hearing Ben Arfa has not travelled with the squad to Abu Dhabi.

What we really need is a creative replacement centrally & a new striker to replace Ameobi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 20 Jan 2014, 4:51 pm

Yeah Cabaye has been absolutely class this season. Cabaye going to Paris has been inevitable for some time now...and maybe Pardew sees Cabella as someone who can move centrally and pull the strings. He's certainly highly rated...and was previously.

A striker is absolutely imperative...not just one but a few...to replace Cisse and Ameobi.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:36 am

Well cabaye is in Paris having a medical..£20m+

Expected but big loss

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:37 am

I don't see the point in living anymore......

Luuk De Jong set to arrive on Tyneside today for medical.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 07 Feb 2014, 10:42 am

Well are we in meltdown?

Ive seen protests..but i dont think ive ever seen so many cancelled season ticket renewals.

Is it going to make any difference to Mike Ashley though?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Feb 2014, 12:37 pm

We're not in meltdown. Meltdown was when we were relegated. Yeah, I can understand fans frustration, I'm frustrated at Kinnear & not being able to bring anyone in, however, at least we are not facing the prospect of relegation. This is the regime at Newcastle under Ashley, fans have protested before & then it's all gone quiet after a few wins. it's a cycle of ups & downs at a club like Newcastle, which people are going to have to accept currently. The summer will be crucial. As soon as Pardew brings in the new players that he requires, I'm sure season tickets will be sold or renewed with the prospect of a new squad being built & the excitment of a new season. We've bought in quality players like Cabaye before, therefore I'm sure we can do it again.

Squad over summer
Shola Ameobi - Contract expired
Remy - Won't resign permanently, already stated he'll wait until summer to possibly join a Champions League team
De Jong - Loan will either end or signed permanently.
Coloccini - Leaving for Argentina
Gutierrez - Sold ASAP
Obertan - Sold ASAP
Gosling & Marveaux - Sold & not needed
Cisse - Been trying to sell him during January, can't see his long term future at the club
Ben Arfa -Enters last 12 months of his deal, can't see him wanting to stay & doesn't suit our style or has the required work rate.
R. Taylor - Nobody knows how he will return from his injuries

That's a big re-build, hence why Cabaye had to be sold. In the short term, things will be painful, yet not too damaging due to our EPL league position & points, however, if we get the signings right n the summer, then the long term looks brighter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 13 Feb 2014, 10:57 am

has Ben Arfa already left...and its just a body double prancing around out there?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 11:23 am

Seen how chunky he is? He`s basically out the door in the summer along with many others.

Pretty clear the state of our squad from these recent matches. Not only have the players become complacent but so did Ashley, due to the EPL position & the cushion we have. We just need the summer to arrive, however you try & put it, our season is over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 13 Feb 2014, 11:53 am

Ah season is definately over. Its going to be poor viewing as well i think.

Its great being a sports fan from Newcastle...the football is a debacle...and the rugby...well lets not go there!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:00 pm

You will probably get 3 points in your next match(sadly).

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 11:05 am

Interesting article in the chronicle, basically saying what I was stating about the squad above over the summer

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/10-go-newcastle-united-facing-6729795

Looks like you can add Debuchy to that list, looks like he can't stand life without Yohan.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 11:21 am

Hmm. Newcastle in a bit of a predicament.
Playes wanting to leave, now that the star man has gone.

Rumours re surfacing over VKM buying the club.

Chance for us to sneak 3 points on sunday Wink

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 23 Feb 2014, 2:59 pm

This is one snooze fest of a football match , we've started to get on top mind.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Feb 2014, 3:32 pm

Remy delivered in the end after missing that shocker. Doubt we will keep him in the summer though which is more worrying. Rest of the side needs major surgery. Guess Pardew`s job is safe until the summer, achieve a top 10 & then rebuild.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 23 Feb 2014, 3:34 pm

westisbest wrote:You will probably get 3 points in your next match(sadly).
Well no surprise there.

Well done OK

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 23 Feb 2014, 3:36 pm

I think Remy will be gone in the summer as well John lad. 

De Jong played well when he came on , put Vlaar in his back pocket.

Hope Norwich win this afternoon for the sake of Chris Hughton.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 23 Feb 2014, 6:08 pm

Thought Vlaar played well, except for the messing around ant the back which led to you hitting the post.
Thought he could have done a bit better for the goal.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 03 Mar 2014, 12:57 pm

Dear me i have never heard such a media over reaction...about Pardew.

And some common sense from Joey barton of all people

Joey Barton: Seen Pardew incident. As per usual. Massively over-hyped. Don't let a couple of stupid incidents detract from the job he has done at Newcastle. Especially with what goes on behind the scenes there.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Mar 2014, 1:06 pm

Yeah, over-reaction but that's typical media. It was a bad incident but it was never a 'Zidane' moment, it was more a face nudge. Also, fact Ashley hasn't sacked him on misconduct & used this incident as an excuse to sack him, just goes to show the media story of 'one sacking away' was false two games ago, no wonder the media/paper responsible were banned from the club. Ashley, deep down, knows that Pardew has done a good job & having him at the club long term is the ideal route to take in rebuilding for next year. Pardew made a mistake & he will pay for it. Huge fine & maybe a six game touchline ban at most. End of.

As for the performance & result, truly very good from the squad. We had a bad spell but have bounced back & have some favourable fixtures coming up too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 03 Mar 2014, 1:39 pm

Absolutely John. Sissoko finding some form aswell.

I was at least glad the lad didnt go down play acting like that Spurs player Vertongen (think it is) on Thursday. He was barely touched and went down like an embarrassement.

Never a sending off and spurs player should have been carded aswell.

I do think Pardew needs to be a little careful...there is a bit of a trail of incidents..but this one...well the media is just milking it.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 04 Mar 2014, 1:42 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Dear me i have never heard such a media over reaction...about Pardew.

And some common sense from Joey barton of all people

Joey Barton:  Seen Pardew incident. As per usual. Massively over-hyped. Don't let a couple of stupid incidents detract from the job he has done at Newcastle. Especially with what goes on behind the scenes there.

How strange for the media to react to what Pardew did and be out of line with the wisdom of that much respected sage Joey Barton! For once, I think the media and the tv pundits are spot on. Did Sir Bobby Robson headbutt (even gently and with his characteristic politeness) opposition players? Did Joe Harvey lash out at Steve Heighway as the Liverpool winger skipped down the wing and embarrassed your team in the '74 Cup Final? Did they hell as like! If the current Board of Newcastle had any proper respect for their club and sensible thoughts as to how anyone with zero cerdibility can manage it from now on let alone respect for our game, Pardew would already be long gone.

I trust at least that the FA will recognise that Newcastle and Pardew cannot buy themselves out of this hole with just a fine and so will impose a very substantial ban.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Tue 04 Mar 2014, 4:27 am

From a neutral's perspective, I think that Pardew has just been a very silly boy.  Personally, I think the most fitting response to his actions would have been for David Meyler to chin him.  A good dose of the come-uppance that his persistent touchline petulance richly deserves might not only teach him a lesson he is sorely in need of, but would probably also get a hearty round of applause from around the Premiership.

I can understand that being the manager of the Premierships most prominent underachievers is not an easy thing.  He is a wholehearted trier who wants Newcastle to win trophies, but I fear the task may be beyond his abilities.

I have no particular gripe with Alan Pardew (or Newcastle United, come to that) but it has to be said that his often manic, touchline behaviour can't be good for the team.  I can't see how it can be in any way positive.  Why does he do it..?

The club has given him a fine in the hope it will head off any FA penalty.  I doubt that will work.   I think they will hit him with a lengthy touchline ban and in my opinion, rightly so.  Perhaps the rest of the season watching Newcastle from the stands, and then a nice summer holiday on a warm beach somewhere where he can soak up some rays (so that rules out Whitley Bay, then) and  have a good long think about things.  

Lord knows... he needs to.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Mar 2014, 11:36 am

The Fourth Lion wrote:From a neutral's perspective, I think that Pardew has just been a very silly boy.  Personally, I think the most fitting response to his actions would have been for David Meyler to chin him.  A good dose of the come-uppance that his persistent touchline petulance richly deserves might not only teach him a lesson he is sorely in need of, but would probably also get a hearty round of applause from around the Premiership.

I can understand that being the manager of the Premierships most prominent underachievers is not an easy thing.  He is a wholehearted trier who wants Newcastle to win trophies, but I fear the task may be beyond his abilities.

I have no particular gripe with Alan Pardew (or Newcastle United, come to that) but it has to be said that his often manic, touchline behaviour can't be good for the team.  I can't see how it can be in any way positive.  Why does he do it..?

The club has given him a fine in the hope it will head off any FA penalty.  I doubt that will work.   I think they will hit him with a lengthy touchline ban and in my opinion, rightly so.  Perhaps the rest of the season watching Newcastle from the stands, and then a nice summer holiday on a warm beach somewhere where he can soak up some rays  (so that rules out Whitley Bay, then) and  have a good long think about things.  

Yeah, that would be a great response wouldn't it  Rolling Eyes 

Premierships most prominent under-achievers? We never expect to win the league or achieve top 4 finishes. We've finished 5th two years ago & are now sitting very comfortably in the top half of the table only a couple of wins away from sixth. If anything, we are over-achieving with the limited financial power we have under Ashley. Pardew was manager of the year two years ago, got us into Europa League football & created a fantastic hard working dressing room/team spirit out of relatively unknown french players, who were all new to the EPL & it's demands. How you can say Pardew does not have the ability or is unable to bring success to Newcastle is bewildering. It's the ownership which is holding the club back, not the manager.

Last edited by John on Tue 04 Mar 2014, 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 04 Mar 2014, 12:38 pm

It was a slight over reaction you're right.........I mean someone who is supposed to be in charge of a group of impressionable players sticking his nut in someone's face....

Don't know what all the fuss is about.......

I'll stick my nut in someone's face at work today and then explain to my Wife that I was sacked because the head man over-reacted...

What is a head-butt between friends........

Fan-boys they are all the same.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 05 Mar 2014, 12:20 pm

There was no headbutt..no impact.

And it was done after the hull player had pushed Pardew.

Pardew should have let it go...but over reaction city from the Media.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 05 Mar 2014, 12:35 pm

How delusional are you. It was a headbutt regardless of the impact there is clear contact with the players face his BS excuse of trying to push him away with his head is pathetic.

Managers get 5 game bans for swearing at refs so he's in the Poopie.

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16 - Page 3 Alan-Pardew-headbutt-009

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 05 Mar 2014, 12:51 pm

Driver wrote:I think Remy will be gone in the summer as well John lad. 

De Jong played well when he came on , put Vlaar in his back pocket.

Hope Norwich win this afternoon for the sake of Chris Hughton.

I understand Hughton is a nice bloke, but he's a useless bloomin manager! Would love for you guys to take him back Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 05 Mar 2014, 12:56 pm

He's like fat sam , great when he has the right players for his tactics i.e Carroll and Nolan.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 05 Mar 2014, 1:13 pm

Well he's only had about 4 transfer windows and 50 million quid to get right players for his tactics down here....

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 06 Mar 2014, 2:41 pm

Fernando wrote:How delusional are you. It was a headbutt regardless of the impact there is clear contact with the players face his BS excuse of trying to push him away with his head is pathetic.

Managers get 5 game bans for swearing at refs so he's in the Poopie.

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16 - Page 3 Alan-Pardew-headbutt-009

Im not delusional! Its not a headbutt. Total overreaction. But i expect nothing less from football.

I also notice the fact that the player pushed Pardew first has been completely missed by everyone.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Mar 2014, 3:19 pm

Yeah he pushed past Pardew to get the ball as they were 3-1 down and chasing the game. I mean, how dare he show a bit of fight and desire to get his team back in the match...the arrogant S.O.B.

And sorry fella but it's a headbutt...perhaps not in the same league as ones you see on a Saturday Night out when once you've nutted someone you grab your own head thinking "Ouch, that was stupid!" but it's still a headbutt. If he's done that to your Mum would you tell her to grown up as he didn't actually make any contact or would you want to smash his f*****g face in?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Mar 2014, 3:31 pm

It was a head-butt, not a particularly forceful attempt, but the intent was there. I think there was an over-the-top media reaction but there is too anything these days. Pardew will be fined massively & banned for a number of games & deservedly so.

Hopefully he'll learn from these mistakes, re-analyse his technical area position & end up coming back a better & more controlled manager. He's done a great job for us & hopefully can continue that for much longer. Time to move on I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 06 Mar 2014, 4:57 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Yeah he pushed past Pardew to get the ball as they were 3-1 down and chasing the game. I mean, how dare he show a bit of fight and desire to get his team back in the match...the arrogant S.O.B.
And sorry fella but it's a headbutt...perhaps not in the same league as ones you see on a Saturday Night out when once you've nutted someone you grab your own head thinking "Ouch, that was stupid!" but it's still a headbutt. If he's done that to your Mum would you tell her to grown up as he didn't actually make any contact or would you want to smash his f*****g face in?

Im a Rugby fan 1st. I EXPECT fight desire and passion from my players...sadly its not seen enough in football these days.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Mar 2014, 10:49 am

Apparently, Steven Taylor told he can leave this summer. Surprising, seeing as Coloccini will almost certainly be leaving too. Also, we are to bring in six or seven new signings this summer. Believe it, when I see it......

As for this weekend, good result in the end but clear indication of much needed reinforcements. De Jong won't be signing long term in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 24 Mar 2014, 1:36 pm

Yeah Taylor is off....and Colocinni.

I think a few more academy players might be used in the squad rather than some of the below now...

I suspect the following will leave in the summer:

Colocinni
Taylor
Obertan
Sh.Ameobi
Gutierez
Remy
Gosling
Ben Harfa
Cisse
Marveaux

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Mar 2014, 2:56 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:

Colocinni
Taylor
Obertan
Sh.Ameobi
Gutierez
Remy
Gosling
Ben Harfa
Cisse
Marveaux

Colo - Argentina
Taylor - Probably Villa or QPR, if promoted
Obertan - One way ticket as far away from Newcastle as possible
Shola Ameobi - Time to move on, however, haven't we been saying that for about ten years?
Gutierrez - Argentina or Spain or permanently at Norwich
Remy - Arsenal or another Champions League outfit
Gosling - Championship club
Ben Arfa - Just when you think his days are numbered, he performs like he did vs Palace. So infuriating & inconsistent, not sure we should offer him a new deal.
Cisse - If he bangs a few goals in towards the end of the season, he won't leave. The club won't allow De Jong, Ameobi, Remy & Cisse all to leave.
Marveaux - France

Possible Incomings

Cabella (not sure if we've missed the boat on this one, could be too much interest in him this summer)
Remy (permanent deal is a possibility but doubt it)
Grenier (Wasn't overly ecstatic about joining us in January & to me looked like he bottled the opportunity to replace Cabaye & probably couldn't play to that standard)
Who else???????????

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 24 Mar 2014, 3:16 pm

They likely sign some complete unknowns from the Belgium or French leagues for £1m a pop...then i think he'll use a few of the youngsters from the academy etc to bolster the squad and give them a few run outs.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Mar 2014, 5:07 pm

Just seen that Andre Marriner is the ref for our game at Southampton this weekend.

Think he should be asked this question before it kicks off. Which one is Moussa Sissoko?

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16 - Page 3 1978623_10152323904843210_491735084_n

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Tue 25 Mar 2014, 4:36 am

John wrote:
The Fourth Lion wrote:From a neutral's perspective, I think that Pardew has just been a very silly boy.  Personally, I think the most fitting response to his actions would have been for David Meyler to chin him.  A good dose of the come-uppance that his persistent touchline petulance richly deserves might not only teach him a lesson he is sorely in need of, but would probably also get a hearty round of applause from around the Premiership.

The club has given him a fine in the hope it will head off any FA penalty.  I doubt that will work.   I think they will hit him with a lengthy touchline ban and in my opinion, rightly so.  Perhaps the rest of the season watching Newcastle from the stands, and then a nice summer holiday on a warm beach somewhere where he can soak up some rays  (so that rules out Whitley Bay, then) and  have a good long think about things.  

Yeah, that would be a great response wouldn't it  Rolling Eyes 

Premierships most prominent under-achievers? We never expect to win the league or achieve top 4 finishes. We've finished 5th two years ago & are now sitting very comfortably in the top half of the table only a couple of wins away from sixth. If anything, we are over-achieving with the limited financial power we have under Ashley. Pardew was manager of the year two years ago, got us into Europa League football & created a fantastic hard working dressing room/team spirit out of relatively unknown french players, who were all new to the EPL & it's demands. How you can say Pardew does not have the ability or is unable to bring success to Newcastle is bewildering. It's the ownership which is holding the club back, not the manager.

So, from that I can surmise that you're entirely satisfied with the lack of a single trophy since 1969 and had no objection whatsoever when, say, Keegan cracked in the face of Ferguson's mind games and blew the league title, or the FA Cup Final drubbing by Liverpool or the insipid performances against Manyoo and Arsenal. You didn't mind one jot when former Sunderland player Dennis Tueart bicycle kicked Man City to the League Cup win at Wembley and it is a matter of complete indifference to you that the umpteen millions of pounds spent on foreign players, completely abrogating the reputation of the North East as the area of England that has hitherto produced great players (Milburn, the Charlton brothers, Robson (Bobby and Bryan), Gascoigne, Waddle, Beardsley... shall I go on..?), has seen the demise of this once proud tradition.

Even poor old bankrupt, down-at-heel Pompey have lifted a trophy, achieved top ten finishes in the Premiership and played in the Europa League in the time Newcastle have sputtered and stumbled along.

The North East holds a very special place in English football history and folklore and I say yes, given the riches of money, talent and fanatical fan support that Newcastle United have had at their disposal, they have underachieved.

But as long as you're happy with the way things are, then I guess it's alright then.

The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next