The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16

+28
Lowlandbrit
dyrewolfe
newballs
super_realist
Azzy
Mackem
Roller_Coaster
Duty281
TopoftheChops
Ent
hampo17
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
TRUSSMAN66
The Fourth Lion
guildfordbat
Geordie
Driver
sodhat
Sam
rIck_dAgless
Soldier_Of_Fortune
CFCNick
westisbest
Crimey
Lumbering_Jack
MIG
Good Golly I'm Olly
32 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16 Empty Newcastle United Thread 2015/16

Post by Geordie Thu 27 Jun - 0:30

Manager / Head Coach - Steve McClaren
Assistant coach - Paul Simpson
Assistant coach - Ian Cathro
Psychology / Fitness / Motivation: Steve Black
Fitness Coach - Alessandro Schonemaker

Current Squad
(A) - Promoted from the academy, playing reserves but eligible for 1st XV

GK's:
T.Krul, R.Elliott, Karl Darlow 
Brendan Pearson (A) , Freddie Woodman (A), P. Woolston (A),

Defenders:
C. Mbemba, F.Coloccini, Jamaal Lascelles, S.Taylor, P.Dummett, M.Haidara, Daryl Janmaat, C.Good
J. Sterry (A), M. Gilhesphey (A), K.Mbabu (A), L.Satka (A), L. Gibson (A), K Cameron (A), J. Cobain (A), A.Laidler (A), C.Williams (A), L. Suddick (A),

Midfielders:
G. Wijnaldum, C.Tiote, M.Sissoko, V.Anita, J.Colback, G.Bigirmana, S De Jong, S.Ferguson, R. Aarons
D. Barlaser (A), L.Smith (A), D. Ward (A), O. Kemen (A)

Forwards:
A. Mitrovic, P.Cisse, Y.Gouffran, A. Armstrong,  A.Perez, S.Ameobi, E.Riviere, I.Toney
C. Roberts (A), T. Heardman (A), A. Gilliead (A),

Last edited by GeordieFalcon on Fri 6 May - 0:27; edited 20 times in total

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Newcastle United Thread 2015/16 Empty Re: Newcastle United Thread 2015/16

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun - 0:44

Guess who we're now being linked with again......bloody Gignac of Marseille. Hope it's not true. I remember him being disruptive, overweight and very inconsistant. I think Kinnear is just hoping he turns into our new Shearer.........fat chance. Any news on the Bent/Bony transfers?

From that squad above......I'm worried.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 27 Jun - 1:03

John,

As i was going through that squad i was seriously concerned. Its poor.

Looks like Tom Ince is off to Cardiff, so we wont be going for him. Rumours of some other young winger from Birmingham City?

The only thing i guess JK will do, is have the balls to clear the squad out...ie Jonas, Shola etc. Something i think Pardew has been unable to do.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun - 0:21

Seriously dont rate james tomkins, just looks clumsy at times from memory and why would West Ham want rid? Yeah, we were never going to be involved in transfer battles and rising prices, hence why we wont got for Bony or Ince at £10m.

Bent & Tomkins are the main priorities is what I'm hearing. Apparently we had a £15m bid for Aubamayang but was rejected????

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 28 Jun - 1:48

I was reading the comments of marseille fans about our apparent interest in Giganec

"i will personally piggy back him to Newcastle..."

"Seriously £14m for him...SELL SELL SELL..."
etc etc...

I just fear about where we are going John...i genuinely think Newcastle fans should be concerned...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun - 1:56

Everyone knows Gignac is overweight, slow and inconsistant even in Ligue 1. If West Ham don't want Tomkins, why the hell would we? Ince at £10m......you must be joking. Bony apparently is more likely to leave for Swansea for £10m than us, probably because they are in Europe. That's the difference, when we had qualified for Europe and the summer came around we did nothing and look what unfolded. ridiculous.

I think we should just get Bent, he's proven and relatively cheap. What a mess at the minute.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 28 Jun - 22:44

John i can understand going for someone like Bent. He's a proven goalscorer, something we badly needed last season.

Gignac would be no step forward from Ameobi in my eyes. We should have kept hold of Andy Carol. May aswell just get Sammy Ameobi on the creatine and hit the weights! Wink 

Why is it always French? Is that the only place we actually scout?

And finally my biggest arguement. I dont believe there are no players in this area for Sunday league teams or such that cant do a great job.
Especially if we are looking for a big power forward. I know loads of lads who are aggressive, fast and powerful and would have pride playing for the town...they would be WAY better than Gignac for £10m!!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 12 Jul - 23:50

What the hell is going on...clubs are all signing players and we are doing zip.

More worryingly names like Matt Taylor of West Ham etc are floating about...they cant be serious!!???

And why on earth is Joke away on holiday...what a time to go away...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 13 Jul - 0:04

Maybe he is scouting Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Sat 13 Jul - 0:07

Maybe they don't want to sign too many players after signing 6 in the last window and it not doing much good?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jul - 0:27

Well if we don't buy anyone, I`m going down the betting shop ASAP and putting a serious amount of notes on us being relegated. Cisse, Ameobi & Campbell up front means few goals, very few goals

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 14 Jul - 23:35

Looks like Cisse is kicking up a fuss about the wonga sponsorship on the shirt.

He is quite happy to wear virgin money branded attire, but not wonga? He should take his contradictory religious beliefs else where.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul - 23:53

Bent is basically the same type of striker to Cisse, therefore could be used as the straight replacement, if Anzhi come and make a bid. No players future is guaranteed with Kinnear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 15 Jul - 0:18

John wrote:Bent is basically the same type of striker to Cisse, therefore could be used as the straight replacement, if Anzhi come and make a bid. No players future is guaranteed with Kinnear.

Bent is an ex Mackem and would not be accepted. If he started off his career at Newcastle not scoring in 3/4 games the fans would be on his back and would not relent.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 15 Jul - 0:34

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
John wrote:Bent is basically the same type of striker to Cisse, therefore could be used as the straight replacement, if Anzhi come and make a bid. No players future is guaranteed with Kinnear.

Bent is an ex Mackem and would not be accepted. If he started off his career at Newcastle not scoring in 3/4 games the fans would be on his back and would not relent.

To be fair, Bent is hardly well known for being a Sunderland player, he isn't a homegrown player or anything like that, he was only there for less than 2 years, I think he'd be accepted pretty quickly at Newcastle, I think he's a better option than Cisse as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 15 Jul - 0:39

Crimey wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

To be fair, Bent is hardly well known for being a Sunderland player, he isn't a homegrown player or anything like that, he was only there for less than 2 years, I think he'd be accepted pretty quickly at Newcastle, I think he's a better option than Cisse as well.

I don't think you appreciate the ill feeling towards Sunderland players in general Crimey. Totally different to Liverpool Everton style rivalries and much lower quality football too.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul - 0:54

I know all about the rivalry and your reading too much into it. If your happy for Cisse to lead the line next season, then your not wishing the club to progress and improve. Cisse needs the competition and Bent should provide it. The club is stagnant currently, look at Swansea, Southampton all improving, you've got to accept the players we bring in, he not even a mackem. If we don't buy, relegation is a serious threat in an ever improving and competitive league.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 15 Jul - 1:29

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
Crimey wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

I don't think you appreciate the ill feeling towards Sunderland players in general Crimey. Totally different to Liverpool Everton style rivalries and much lower quality football too.

I could understand if it was somebody like Kevin Phillips, but Darren Bent is hardly known as a Sunderland player. The likes of Lee Clark, Danny Simpson and Titus Bramble seemed to do okay being on either side.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 15 Jul - 3:12

See where you are both coming from but Bent was a big player for them, I don't think it would work.

Clark was a Geordie and wrote himself into folk law with that infamous T-shirt, Simpson was out on loan learning his trade and Bramble only played for the Mackems after Newcastle.

Surely better options out there than bent

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul - 4:00

Why do you think we are going for Bent in the first place? We've looked elsewhere, Aubamayang went to Dortmund, Bony went to Swansea and we were priced out of getting them. Bent is now the primary option for £5m and is proven in the EPL with 150 goals. I don't care what he did at Sunderland, he`s not a mackem of any sorts and was there to play and get paid, end of. Cisse was horrendous last season and is not even committed this season and is using the Wonga shirt saga as an excuse for a new deal or to gain a move to Anzhi, that's how football works. The fact you don't want Bent is surprising and if we don't get him then I worry for us this season with the majority of teams improving all around us.

Bent scores a few goals early doors and this ex-mackem rubbish would be forgotten in an instant, fickle fans. Just to add we've also been linked with Rolando from Porto today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 15 Jul - 4:18

And when Bent doesn't score these early goals the fans will be on his back. Their is a reason he couldn't get a game for a terrible villa side.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 15 Jul - 5:15

There's also a reason why they paid £18 million for him, he's a proven Premier League goal scorer, at £5 million you'd think a team like Newcastle would be happy to snap him up.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul - 5:23

Life is a risk and football signings are a risk. Complete 50/50 as to whether or not he will succeed, however in our predicament, I would rather have him than not have him and remain positive he will score goals. At Villa he got injured and then Benteke came along, which for him was unfortunate. He was then not favoured by Lambert as a player and got phased out, which for any human being is not nice and effects your game as you've got no match sharpness when called upon. 150 goals in the EPL can't suddenly be forgotten about because you think he`s an ex-mackem. Why are you complaining, we've not even bought anyone as of yet and this squad is woefully thin.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 15 Jul - 7:17

As a Villa fan I can say I was dissapointed Bent hardly featured last season.

Reasons being as John said.

If he goes to you, stays fit, think he will score 15-20 goals.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 15 Jul - 8:54

I'm allowed an opinion you arrogant little weasel. There is a reason he has been training with the reserves, because he isn't much cop anymore.

But hey, lets buy a has been and offer them big wages. That has always worked well for us in the past.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 15 Jul - 9:03

And his scoring record is hardly impressive either. Last time he got over 15 was in 09/10 and prior to that is was his first season at Charlton. I could understand the interest if he offered you something more than the odd goal, but he doesnt...

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 15 Jul - 9:06

And lets get this right, he's got 102 goals in the premier league, not. 150

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 15 Jul - 9:08

Crimey wrote:There's also a reason why they paid £18 million for him, he's a proven Premier League goal scorer, at £5 million you'd think a team like Newcastle would be happy to snap him up.

Didn't Chelsea pay 30 million for Shevchenko (or however you spell it). He used to be a slightly above average player by PL standards but he's never been spectacular.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 15 Jul - 9:21

Lumbering_Jack wrote:I'm allowed an opinion you arrogant little weasel. There is a reason he has been training with the reserves, because he isn't much cop anymore.

It's because he doesn't fit the style of striker that Lambert wants. And they didn't exactly see eye to eye anymore.

He'll score 15 goals easy if he's first choice next season. Good, proven goalscorer for 5m would be a good bit of business for the Toon imo
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 15 Jul - 20:38

He won't score 15 goals "easy". In fact he has only ever scored more than 15 in the PL on 2 occasions.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul - 22:10

I didn't know you knew how many goals Bent would score for us this season, if he joined?

He was phased out at Aston Villa and isolated from the first team, what do you think that would do to him mentally and physically from not having matches under his belt? He was not match fit at all last season, as a result of the way Lambert treated him. If the manager wants to play in a particular way with a big strong target man like Benteke, it's difficult for Bent to come off the bench and adapt to playing that role and the way the rest of the team has played that year. Benteke and Bent are like chalk and cheese in terms of technical ability and attributes but one thing they have in common is they know how to finish and both their records show that. All this said, there's really no point arguing with you about Bent because all you have this fixation about him being a mackem, which of course, he isn't at all. It appears that you don't want this club to progress at all and are happy for Cisse to continue to lead the line next season, when in fact, he was probably one of the worst players in our team last year.

While everyone of our potential rivals around us is spending and progressing, we are stagnant and looking like we have no plan in place at all. Just curious to know, which transfer targets would you like the club to bring in?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 15 Jul - 23:17

I'm basing my opinion on previous facts, he's only scored more than 15 on 2 occasions previously. He's getting on and hasn't demonstrated good form in a few years now.

We may as well offer Owen another contract, he's scored more than 15 goals on numerous occasions.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul - 0:28

Basically you have no clue then and suggesting we offer Owen another contract just sums up how pathetic your views are and showcases that you have no real worry about the situation at the club currently. Cisse, our only striker, is currently training alone and won't even wear the shirt.....yet you still would not sign Bent for £5m.

Would of liked to of heard your thoughts about transfer targets but actually maybe it's best if you didn't share them. Leave it to Kinnear shall we.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 16 Jul - 0:44

PSG looking to make an official offer for Cabaye.

Agree with John, Cisse was attrocious and is blatantly using this Wonga thing as an excuse to leave. If we can get £20-25m id take their hand off for it.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul - 0:55

Yeah, Cisse is not happy with the Wonga shirt situation and the club position will be to isolate him, as their doing, and to try and engineer and force the move to Anzhi or whoever comes calling. I can see Bent as the direct replacement now for Cisse and not someone to play alongside, which would never of worked anyway, too similar in terms of style. If we had to lose one player, it was always going to be Cabaye. If we can get upwards of £15m-£20m for Cabaye and then around £15m-£18m for Cisse, then we can go to work and then Kinnear can showcase what he is bringing to the table.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 16 Jul - 0:59

John wrote:Basically you have no clue then and suggesting we offer Owen another contract just sums up how pathetic your views are and showcases that you have no real worry about the situation at the club currently. Cisse, our only striker, is currently training alone and won't even wear the shirt.....yet you still would not sign Bent for £5m.

Would of liked to of heard your thoughts about transfer targets but actually maybe it's best if you didn't share them. Leave it to Kinnear shall we.

I've never stated I have no worries for the club, I've said Bent is not the answer. You're obviously feeling a bit hormonal today and have jumped to an incorrect conclusion whilst trying to come across as all high and mighty. Good job.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jul - 8:34

Remy looking odds on to join. Basically after the way he treated us back in January I'm surprised we are going back in for him. For me, just shows what a desperate situation we are in. I think he's a good player but he comes with baggage, financially motivated and would leave in a heartbeat if things dont go his way.

Sorting the Cisse situation also says to me that we could not get our ideal option this summer and that the Russian sides interested in him, finally woke up and realised what a waste of money he would be. Gosling`s deal falling through is more dire news.

I seriously don't know why Kinnear even bothers to get up in the morning. Just embarrassing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 2 Aug - 1:22

Its down down down all the way for us this season John and i really dont see anyway that we would come back up....its truely shocking what is going on at this club.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 2 Aug - 3:30

Bent to Fulham seems strong now, Ashley still dithering whether or not to loan Remy & pay his full wages. The lack of progress is painful. Basically we have the same squad that could not score in its last three home games & conceded 10 goals. I also heard we are contemplating sending Campbell out on loan to Scotland, which would leave us with Cisse & Ameobi. Woeful

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 2 Aug - 3:35

After last year, where you had a good season but then failed to reinvest and it cost you, it'd seemed logical that the club would learn from its mistakes after a bad season and realise the need to reinvest.

Even a busy January hasn't stopped the squad looking a little dire.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 3 Aug - 8:04

The first team squad aint that bad, it's when you have one or two injuries the cracks appear and everything goes to pot.

- - - - - - - GOMIS- - - - - - -

REMY- - - SISSOKO- - - -BEN ARFA

- - - - CABAYE - - -TIOTE- - - - - -

Not too shabby. Cisse on the bench along with Marveaux, Anita & Gouffran. Other than those players it's pretty much garbage with the likes of Ameobi, Gutierrez, Obertan & Williamson.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 5 Aug - 21:38

Thats true John, but how many of those are going to be at the club?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 6 Aug - 7:55

John wrote:

- - - - - - -GOMIS/BENT- - - - - - -

REMY- - -  SISSOKO- - - -BEN ARFA

- - - - CABAYE - - -TIOTE- - - -  - -

There`s quite exciting attacking options & plenty of creativity. A player like Bent should jump at the chance to play in front of the players in my opinion. Cisse (possible starter), Gouffran, Anita, Jonas & Marveaux as backup. Still worry about us in the full back area. Debuchy/Santon can't defend. Taylor, Coloccini, Yanga Mbiwa with Williamson as back up is okay. Things look okay, Kinnear should keep improving the side but I`m not as pessimistic as before. As ever, injuries will probably decide our season but with no European football to plague us, I can see a good season ahead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 6 Aug - 21:32

We've signed Remy on a years loan.

Theres ambition eh? Sign a player who snubbed us for a team guarenteed relegation.

And hes s%$te

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 6 Aug - 21:48

I sense your disappointment with the deal Geordie? Remy is not s**t, far from it. He will bring pace, creativity and goals to the squad and the deal is a loan, which gives him the opportunity to impress for a permanent deal for £7m next summer. It's a good deal for the club and he is far more impressive than Obertan or Gutierrez.

Yeah, he snubbed us in January and I don't feel good about it, especially as he's now saying, 'what a big club we are and that's it's an honour to play for us'. Yes, he gained financial gain from QPR and that's not a characteristic I like, but that's life. You get offered a job, paying more, for essentially doing the same and your not going to turn it down. He ended up top goalscorer for QPR in basically three months because he got injured for a period. Agree, it's only QPR and scoring more goals than Zamoro or Taarabt is hardly difficult but he still scored at this level consistently last season. We needed strength up front and pace on the wing, so we have both......not sure there's much to complain about.

What's your thoughts on Downing, Gomis or Bent who could still come?

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed 7 Aug - 3:32

How many more players do you have to sign before you can apply to join Ligue 1?

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 7 Aug - 5:10

haha. yeah, it's getting quite ridiculous, especially if Gomis is signed this week. Probably why Downing & Bent are being linked as we need some english players represented. Just the way things and football is going. If you can't compete financially with the big boys then you have to look elsewhere, where it's cheap and their is quality. No point spending £20m on Downing or £18m on Henderson, when you can spend £4m on Cabaye etc. Liverpool are now understanding that point.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 7 Aug - 5:59

If Downing goes to you and plays like he did with Villa you'll have a decent player.

But he needs to show the same form.
Another player who i was dissapointd to leave.
Another one who left for a bigger club and became a worse player.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 7 Aug - 20:14

Poor performance v Rangers last night by all accounts.

Apparently Ben Arfa didnt even break sweat. A few of my mates were there and said even though it was an early pre season friendly...they are concerned...with Cabaye singled out aswell...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Aug - 4:02

Loic Remy out of the Man City game......great. Fear the worst on MNF. Gomis deal looking unlikely now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next