The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will the Haye/ Wlad fight still happen

+3
Mr Bounce
Union Cane
Adam D
7 posters

Go down

Will the Haye/ Wlad fight still happen Empty Will the Haye/ Wlad fight still happen

Post by Adam D Wed 04 May 2011, 9:41 am

Apparently there is a dispute over ticket allocation now and two press conferences have been cancelled that were due today and yesterday.

This is from the BBC on the matter:

David Haye's world heavyweight title fight with Wladimir Klitschko will go ahead despite a row over tickets.

The unification bout between Britain's WBA holder Haye and Ukraine's IBF and WBO champion Klitschko is scheduled to take place in Hamburg on 2 July.

The dispute is over ticket allocations and German fans getting first choice.

"The fight is on but the Klitschko brothers are giving me a headache over the tickets for my travelling fans," Haye told the Sunday Mirror.

"I have given in to every single demand that they have made and they keep moving the goalposts."

"I'm not going to roll over and let them get their way with the tickets - I want a fair allocation and at good prices. My fans have been loyal and I don't want a ­single one to be disappointed this time."

The contracts for the contest at Hamburg's 57,000-capacity Imtech Arena have been agreed, but two press conferences, the first in Hamburg on Tuesday and the second in London on Wednesday, have been cancelled leading to speculation that the fight is in jeopardy.

However, Haye's trainer and manager Adam Booth has laughed off those suggestions and is flying to Germany this week to resolve the issue.

Haye had been due to fight Klitschko in June 2009 but he was forced to withdraw with an injury."

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/13252089.stm

What is ewveryones thoughts - will it happen or another disappointment for Haye fans?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Will the Haye/ Wlad fight still happen Empty Re: Will the Haye/ Wlad fight still happen

Post by Union Cane Wed 04 May 2011, 10:06 am

I've said all along, I won't believe its on until they touch gloves before Round 1.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Will the Haye/ Wlad fight still happen Empty Re: Will the Haye/ Wlad fight still happen

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 04 May 2011, 10:24 am

Storm in a teacup I reckon. Should be going ahead as normal in my eyes. This is probably a ploy by Wlad's people to try to annoy Haye and make him fight angry. Surely they can't be that stupid?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 04 May 2011, 11:00 am

Apparently Haye was supposed to provide his Sky contract 3 days ago, the Wlad camp sent their RTL contract, but didn't recieve Haye's, they have it now. The problem wasn't with ticket allocations, but with how taxes worked on German tickets sold from England.

Germany press conference on Monday.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 04 May 2011, 11:01 am

Scottrf wrote:Apparently Haye was supposed to provide his Sky contract 3 days ago, the Wlad camp sent their RTL contract, but didn't recieve Haye's, they have it now. The problem wasn't with ticket allocations, but with how taxes worked on German tickets sold from England.

Germany press conference on Monday.

Thank Heavens for that.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 04 May 2011, 11:08 am

Given the pathetic spectacle the two of them have served up over the last couple of years, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this fight got pulled all of a sudden. Unlike Scott, I don't know the ins and outs as I simply can't be bothered with the two of them anymore.

This fight was confirmed as being 'on' two months ago. And still, as the date creeps ever closer, there's more and more little niggling uncertainties. First it was which brother Haye would actually be facing. Then it was rumours that one or both of them were injured in training. Now it's a 'row over tickets' with press conferences cancelled. It's sapping my bleedin' will to live.

Like Union said, given how late Haye pulled out last time, and how many other times this fight has been 'confirmed' only for another so-called problem in negotiations to come up, I'll remain cautious until I actually see them making their ring walks.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 04 May 2011, 11:53 am

Both fighters I feel are losing fans over this.

I am a big Haye supporter and was utterly disappointed the fights broke down last time and have always been dubious ever since as in all honesty I think both Haye and Wlad talk a lot of rubbish.

Both 'appear' desperate to fight each other but when it come down to it they both seem to have a reason for delaying it in some way.

IF Haye bowed down to most demands and then Wlad put a spanner in the works then shame on him but both have been complete idiots about the whole thing and hasn't made either look great IMO.

The two of them seem to have let all the talk about "this fight will save HW boxing" etc warp their ego's and both are acting like diva's about it.

I am now like many not at all excited until the weight-in because up until that point I will not be surprised if it is cancelled again.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down