The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ref for Haye Wlad fight ??

+3
Perfessor Albertus Lion V
Seanusarrilius
ThrowingLeather
7 posters

Go down

Ref for Haye Wlad fight ?? Empty Ref for Haye Wlad fight ??

Post by ThrowingLeather Wed 29 Jun 2011, 5:21 pm

Apologies if this has been covered already..

I caught the back end of an interview on Sky Sports News earlier on. It seemed they were suggesting the WBA may not sanction the fight because they are unhappy with the choice of Referee. I.e Haye's WBA strap wouldnt change hands should he lose.

Anyone know more about this?

ThrowingLeather

Back to top Go down

Ref for Haye Wlad fight ?? Empty Re: Ref for Haye Wlad fight ??

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 5:23 pm

I've heard they're looking at getting Eddie Cotton. The Haye camp claim that the original ref is pro Wlad and Wlad's camp claim this guy was the ref when Wlad was beaten by Saunders. This would be the same ref who appeared to prevent Sanders from jumping on Wlad after the first KD although he clearly couldn't stop the inevitable

Last edited by DAVE667 on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowingLeather Wed 29 Jun 2011, 5:27 pm

Wlad is pushing for Vitali

ThrowingLeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 29 Jun 2011, 5:32 pm

lets be honest tho, how has thisref issue been allowed to go on? its 3 days b4 the bloody fight

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfessor Albertus Lion V Wed 29 Jun 2011, 5:41 pm

ThrowingLeather wrote: I.e Haye's WBA strap wouldnt change hands should he lose.

Anyone know more about this?

~ Why Mr. Leather, dear me, I thought it was well known that Wlad already knocked out the REAL WBA champ, Ruslan Chagaev, back when Mr. Haye was but an ingrown follicle on Mr. Audley's rump.

Seeing that the WBA heavyweight champ is traditionally guaranteed to be the Grade D beltholder compared to the other belts, really sir, is such a trivial bauble cause enough to flutter even a summer dress in London?

https://www.606v2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 5:44 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:lets be honest tho, how has thisref issue been allowed to go on? its 3 days b4 the bloody fight
You all know this is yet another ploy by the Hayemaker camp to get under Klitschko's skin and distract him from the task in hand.

It will all be sorted tomorrow...just in time for Wlad to think, "What will they come up with next?" This stop's Wlad from focusing on his gameplan for Saturday and gives him yet another reaosn to try and take Haye's head off thus fighting outside his natural comfort zone.

Clay did it with Liston to the point where everyone was convinced Clay was actually scared to death of his man.

Definite comparisons here. Haye is loud, brash and cocky, but with great movement and hand speed although not necessarily a concussive hitter. Wlad is possessed of an excellent jab and heavy hands and is seen as the favourite who will wipe the floor with the younger man. Ali's speed and movement essentially nullified Liston's jab taking away an important part of his arsenal that night.

Dear sweet Perfessor, if the WBA belt is such a worthless trinket, why do the K's desire it so badly? Irrespective of what belt they hold, it's the fighter we care about, not his bauble....incidentally, this would be the same worthless trinket held by Muhammed Ali would it?

Clown!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowingLeather Wed 29 Jun 2011, 5:57 pm

Dave667 - Ive just had another look at the Sanders fight and, although it was a few years back, and it perhaps counts for nothing..I'm surprised at how bad WK's powers of recovery are. I think its good news for Haye that Wlad stays hit once he's been tagged... Im tempted to have a few quid on a KO by Haye. We've seen Wlad do a funny dance a fair few times when his whiskers have been rattled. Haye is not someone you want to be clocked by if you're legs are going to turn to rubber .... but WK's defence is as tight as a drum these days so who knows.

ThrowingLeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 29 Jun 2011, 6:33 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:lets be honest tho, how has thisref issue been allowed to go on? its 3 days b4 the bloody fight
You all know this is yet another ploy by the Hayemaker camp to get under Klitschko's skin and distract him from the task in hand.

It will all be sorted tomorrow...just in time for Wlad to think, "What will they come up with next?" This stop's Wlad from focusing on his gameplan for Saturday and gives him yet another reaosn to try and take Haye's head off thus fighting outside his natural comfort zone.

Clay did it with Liston to the point where everyone was convinced Clay was actually scared to death of his man.

Definite comparisons here. Haye is loud, brash and cocky, but with great movement and hand speed although not necessarily a concussive hitter. Wlad is possessed of an excellent jab and heavy hands and is seen as the favourite who will wipe the floor with the younger man. Ali's speed and movement essentially nullified Liston's jab taking away an important part of his arsenal that night.

Dear sweet Perfessor, if the WBA belt is such a worthless trinket, why do the K's desire it so badly? Irrespective of what belt they hold, it's the fighter we care about, not his bauble....incidentally, this would be the same worthless trinket held by Muhammed Ali would it?

Clown!!!!

haha

Here here

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:05 pm

Loved to have seen the 5ft Mills Lane trying to break up a Klitscho clinch...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Loved to have seen the 5ft Mills Lane trying to break up a Klitscho clinch...

Wlad should be used to break-ups from people much shorter than him. Seems they already have an aversion to his clinches...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:56 pm

It's this guy.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Roger_Tilleman

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 29 Jun 2011, 8:15 pm

Clearly a ploy to tick off Wlad some more I LOVE IT! HAHAAHA!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 02 Jul 2011, 12:47 am

Be interesting to see if Wlad goes for the leaning approach. Again.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down