The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big stars and you don't know why????

+16
kingjohn7
Il Gialloblu
ChequeredJersey
westisbest
kingraf
dummy_half
Morgannwg
Dr Gregory House MD
Mr Bounce
SharkSoul
Scott is Back
Bull
Stella
hornbloweroafc
Galted
TRUSSMAN66
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Big stars and you don't know why???? - Page 2 Empty Big stars and you don't know why????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Jan 2013, 11:00 am

First topic message reminder :

I'll be honest I think Adam Sandler sucks.............infantile, arrogant, schmultzy and a garbage actor to boot.....Happy Gilmore was okay but for me the guy is talent-less. I can't see the appeal. But that's just me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Big stars and you don't know why???? - Page 2 Empty Re: Big stars and you don't know why????

Post by Morgannwg Wed 23 Jan 2013, 12:00 am

SharkSoul wrote:

Danny Dyer. Who would of thought his surname would be reflective of his acting ability.

Yep. thumbsup

Add all the 'actors' from Football Factory and Green Street to the rubbish actor list too.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Big stars and you don't know why???? - Page 2 Empty Re: Big stars and you don't know why????

Post by Galted Wed 23 Jan 2013, 7:18 am

Morgannwg wrote:
SharkSoul wrote:

Danny Dyer. Who would of thought his surname would be reflective of his acting ability.

Yep. thumbsup

Add all the 'actors' from Football Factory and Green Street to the rubbish actor list too.

Would rather add them to a list of victims of some atrocity or disaster, along with everyone else involved in the onslaught of trying-to-be-a-bit-naughty-cheeky-loveable-sort-of-cockney-oi-b0ll0x-this-is-my-manor-I'm-so-effin'-'ard-football-'ooligan/gangster films, think they're all trying to be the new Lock Stock.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:15 am

Morgannwg wrote:
SharkSoul wrote:

Yep. thumbsup

Even Frodo Baggins? Surely not Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 23 Jan 2013, 10:26 am

Worst bit of casting ever the Lord of the rings star in Green street....

Imagine any would be hooligan seeing that little Cat on the other side...

Would sign up immediately...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 23 Jan 2013, 1:17 pm

In Danny Dyer's defence, I don't think he belongs on this list - after all, it does say 'big star'...

I have fence posts that are less wooden though...

Oh, agree about Will Ferrell - absolutely the least funny 'comedy' actor of this or any other age (see 'Stepbrothers' for a glowing example of his work). Sandler is a genius by comparison, as at least a couple of his films had a giggle or two.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 1:21 pm

See I can't stand Adam Sandler, yet love Will Ferrell. I guess it just depends on how you like your comedy - sleazy and poorly delivered or manly and brazen Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 23 Jan 2013, 1:39 pm

Most Rappers when cast in a film.

See Tyrese Gibson, Ja Rule, Common etc Just in action films (usually with guns and/or in prison or being "tough") so they can gain notoriety and "cool" points.

Give me strength.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 23 Jan 2013, 3:20 pm

In Tyrese's defence, he normally plays characters with no redeeming traits.

For me George Clooney is highly overrated! Women love him so I can understand how he has stayed at the top, but I cannot fathom how he got there. Fair play to him for maximizing his fame and becoming a modern superhero though.

Others include
Matt Damon
Bruce Willis (I loved him in Unbreakable, though)
Morgan Freeman
Penelope Cruz ( not that Im complaining)
JLo
that green Lantern guy
Liam Helmsworth

But Kirsten Stewart is the absolute worst
Cant act
Twitchy eye
buck-toothed
cheat
just GawdAwful
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 3:45 pm

kingraf wrote:In Tyrese's defence, he normally plays characters with no redeeming traits.

For me George Clooney is highly overrated! Women love him so I can understand how he has stayed at the top, but I cannot fathom how he got there. Fair play to him for maximizing his fame and becoming a modern superhero though.

Others include
Matt Damon
Bruce Willis (I loved him in Unbreakable, though)
Morgan Freeman
Penelope Cruz ( not that Im complaining)
JLo
that green Lantern guyLiam Helmsworth

But Kirsten Stewart is the absolute worst
Cant act
Twitchy eye
buck-toothed
cheat
just GawdAwful

Ryan Reynolds.

Keanu Reeves for me is very poor.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 23 Jan 2013, 3:58 pm

O knew it was something Reynolds.

You cant critique Keanu.
The Matrix??

Besides, a bit like the Hoff, his ineptude makes him a cult figure. I mean he even has his own holiday
'Make Keanu Reeves Smile Day' or something!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 23 Jan 2013, 4:12 pm

Of course, K-Stew belongs on this list - unlike several of the other actresses previously mentioned, she doesn't have the redeeming feature of being quality eye-candy. Oh, and she has the crass media nick-name.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 24 Jan 2013, 8:15 am

The media nickname isn't really her fault...

I also disagree with most of kingraf's list. I know very few actors who are consistently poor, most have some poor performances and sometimes these are high enough profile that it taints them in the eyes of people who only see them a couple of times. Exceptions to this rule are Adam Sandler, Keanu Reeves, Kristin Stewart and Chris Rock
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Thu 24 Jan 2013, 9:17 am

Nicholas Cage has done more than his share of rubbish, like Drive Angry for one, but I thought he was good in Face/Off where he was pretty cool, Con Air where he knew it was a mindless 90-odd minutes that didn't need too much acting and Kickass where he took the p!ss with the Adam West voice, which was apparently his idea.

I know it's cool to knock him but I quite like him and think he's done some good stuff. Should probably have a better CV than he has though. Just wish he would realise he could be above all of the rubbish he takes on.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 24 Jan 2013, 9:44 am

Cage has done some good films, Raising Arizona is another, but the fact they're good has little to do with him. He's a hopeless actor, not even in the Keanu Reeves mould (who can only play one type of role but does so convincingly).

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 10:09 am

kingraf wrote:O knew it was something Reynolds.

You cant critique Keanu.
The Matrix??

Besides, a bit like the Hoff, his ineptude makes him a cult figure. I mean he even has his own holiday

Nah.

Think Reeves is dreadful.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Thu 24 Jan 2013, 1:26 pm

westisbest wrote:

You cant critique Keanu.
The Matrix??

Nah.

Agreed Sir. I don't think he has ever evolved from his 'Bill and Ted' days to be honest, if it wasn't for The Matrix, where they wanted him to look either constipated/confused or both which he is perfect for then I don't think we would be hearing any more of him.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Thu 24 Jan 2013, 1:27 pm

Kingraf, everyone is entitled to an opinion but please dont insult John Mclaine again.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 24 Jan 2013, 1:29 pm

Hayden Christiansen
Brendan Fraser

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 24 Jan 2013, 1:32 pm

Brendan Fraser...good call..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 24 Jan 2013, 1:35 pm

SharkSoul wrote:
westisbest wrote:

You cant critique Keanu.
The Matrix??

Nah.

Agreed Sir. I don't think he has ever evolved from his 'Bill and Ted' days to be honest, if it wasn't for The Matrix, where they wanted him to look either constipated/confused or both which he is perfect for then I don't think we would be hearing any more of him.

Watch River's Edge (1986) - great film, Reeves is brilliant in it but he does play a stoned halfwit.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 1:42 pm

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:Hayden Christiansen
I thought we said 'big' stars Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Thu 24 Jan 2013, 1:42 pm

Yeah Brendan Fraser. Absolutely dreadful. Sean William Scott is another. Devoid of any acting ability, funny 20 years ago in American Pie and still playing the same role now.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 1:48 pm

American Pie was 13 years ago, and he's made millions and millions out of playing that same character, so good for him!

He actually plays someone less annoying in Welcome to the Jungle. Not the worst performance ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Thu 24 Jan 2013, 2:07 pm

They must be doing something right.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Thu 24 Jan 2013, 2:47 pm

Oh my apologies Azzy, 13 years ago. Well aslong as he's got millions in the bank then there's a direct correlation between that and talent. Money in the bank doesn't justify acting ability.

Have you interacted with the modern day citizens recently? It doesn't take much to 'entertain' them.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 3:30 pm

I never said it translated into ability, I did however point out one film where he wasn't playing Stifler. He's okay in Welcome to the Jungle, even if the film itself is rubbish.

Modern day citizens seems to be appeased by Downton Abbey and Eastenders. I hate modern day citizens.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 24 Jan 2013, 3:43 pm

Sharon stone......If only her ability was as big as her ego..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jan 2013, 10:07 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Winstone isn't too bad in my opinion..................

Come on now Beefster, that is a shocker.

Winstone was superb, brilliant, menacing, emotive and utterly convincing in Scum. Problem is, he never stopped playing the same person from that point on. The Carlin character was made for him, and my god was he good at it, but let him go Raymond, let him go. He even managed to play Henry VIII as a fat Tudor version of Carlin. Awful.

Look up one trick pony and Winstone would be your man.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 26 Jan 2013, 12:06 am

They are big stars for a reason.

Being liked is the most difficult skill of all, there are countless millionaires who were terrible at their chosen media save the fact they were liked and 10 times as many great performers who just didnt have that X factor.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 26 Jan 2013, 1:59 am

Damn you guys. I love Brendan Fraser. Really good in the Mummy and Airheads I thought.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Sun 27 Jan 2013, 12:25 am

Ashton Kutcher, absolutely horrendous actor.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2