The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ?

+25
Ché Guerrero
bretmeharty
paulscholes
Mark_Seven
psycho-gooner
Kay Fabe
JoshSansom
Bonesaw's ready
greggschickenbake
Marky
Sara
liverbnz
Beer
crippledtart
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM
Mr H
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
ADMIN
Enforcer
Crimey
Dr Gregory House MD
robbo277
Samo
Brady12
Kenny
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ? Empty ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ?

Post by Kenny Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:28 pm

1st off this is not a wum . We all have wrestlers who we just dont get , whether its the gimmick , their wrestling prowess , mic skills or whatever some wrestler we just dont believe in .
For me right now that person is ADR , i dont see what all the fuss is about ?
Yes hes a decent wrestler in the ring but hes not great.
His gimmick is just a rehashed jbl .
His promos are all the same , i do appreciate english isnt his language and that cant help but give me a break ' My name .. my name is yadayada and its my destiny .. every week !.
Imo the reason behind his push is WWE wanting to keep their share of the mexican market .
I know this will not be popular but this is my honest opinion if ADR were american he would not be receiving the push hes getting and would be midcard at best .

feel free to disagree with me like i said its just my opinion and im sure lots of people will list his credits and how good he is compared to other wrestlers . But id also bet you have a wrestler you dont get/like aswell .

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ? Empty Re: ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ?

Post by Brady12 Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:37 pm

Not exactly massive on ADR either.... Agree with most of what you've say

They're trying to maintain the Mexican market & will inevitably turn him face when they phase out Mysterio

He's now won the Rumble & MITB & is he anymore over than when he 1st debuted? I don't think so

I said it before i'd of given the MITB Truth... His character has caught on although creative are in danger of turning him into a comedy act. He could complain about the conspiracy how he had the briefcase yet there was no longer a champion.... Then when he did have his chance he could of lost in a screwy fashion again blaming the conspiracy

Brady12

Back to top Go down

ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ? Empty Re: ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ?

Post by Samo Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:43 pm

Giving it to Truth made alot of sense. Could have had him cash in and lose to Punk that night, Would help further the conspiracy angle. Most might seem that as a was of the briefcase though...

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:52 pm

Rey Mysterio. I have never really been impressed, and his "ultimate underdog" thing was stupid. I was with Chicago booing (on the inside) when he was climbing the ladder at MitB.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:58 pm

robbo277 wrote:Rey Mysterio. I have never really been impressed, and his "ultimate underdog" thing was stupid. I was with Chicago booing (on the inside) when he was climbing the ladder at MitB.

lmao with the crowds reaction to Rey when they thought he would win .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:02 am

Chris Jericho

Don't get me wrong he's not bad but I don't see him as the all time great all rounder and should be main eventer others do. His mic work rarely ventures above good and his gimmicks tend to get stale pretty quickly. In ring, while he is capable of wrestling very well when facing an opponent wih similar or greater ability, he just seems incapable of raising the game of a lesser opponent instead falling to their level.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:06 am

Mr. Kennedy/Anderson

I just could never understand the hype around this guy, he's boring in the ring and I've never really been impressed by him on the mic, sometimes he even just becomes annoying.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:19 am

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:Mr. Kennedy/Anderson

I just could never understand the hype around this guy, he's boring in the ring and I've never really been impressed by him on the mic, sometimes he even just becomes annoying.

this is my point about opinion , im not a Anderson fan either imo hes ok but ive heard people say hes they new Flair so some fans are over with him as im sure loads do with ADR.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:23 am

Rey Mysterio for me as well can't stand anything about him. He has the occassional match that I find interesting, but nothing that justifies his spot on the roster being as high as it is imo.

I don't get the love for Alex Riley either. I know that is more from the crowds in the arena than on the Internet, but he is just another generic Superstar.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:28 am

Enforcer wrote:Rey Mysterio for me as well can't stand anything about him. He has the occassional match that I find interesting, but nothing that justifies his spot on the roster being as high as it is imo.

I don't get the love for Alex Riley either. I know that is more from the crowds in the arena than on the Internet, but he is just another generic Superstar.

Riley i suppose has the right look but its far to early for people to be going over the top about him .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:35 am

Guys I just didn't get as much as other people:

Chris Benoit. He just bored me senseless. Suplex, suplex, suplex, suplex, frickin suplex.

Eddie Guerrero: Yeah he was good, upper mid card, but never great for me.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:37 am

Christian.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:39 am

Hero wrote:Guys I just didn't get as much as other people:

Chris Benoit. He just bored me senseless. Suplex, suplex, suplex, suplex, frickin suplex.

Eddie Guerrero: Yeah he was good, upper mid card, but never great for me.

And i thought i would maybe get some stick with ADR think you might get more Hero with Guerrero .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:50 am

I don’t know what it was with him, I think at the time I was probably less interested in WWE than I’d been in a long time and I just never warmed to his character. ADR is very much the barsteward son of him and JBL though.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:54 am

I never got Guerrero. I liked Benoit, but Guerrero did nothing for me, and I never saw him as a world champion.

I don't get Daniel Bryan. I don't get the excitement of him winning MITB. Clearly a brilliant wrestler, but no character whatsoever. He would be a boring champion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:59 am

You didn't like Latino Heat ? all that cuddling up to Chyna ... ive just been sick in my mouth . No seriously i liked Eddie as a worker rarely had a bad match .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:22 am

The Miz. How he ever main evented Wrestlemania is beyond me. My reason for not liking him is exactly the same as InvincibleLeaks reason for not liking Anderson, which by the way i agree with that too.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:35 am

I do think that WWE in particular have to take responsability for fans reaction or lack of it to certain wrestlers as they dont build their characters up enough before pushing them higher up the roster then they may deserve.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:07 am

God, I'm gonna get slaughtered for this one. Well, here goes..

Stone Cold Steve Austin.
Yep, I said it. I appreciate all he has done for the business, but have never got his insane popularity, and always found him very repetitive. Stunner! Drink water disguised as beer. Another stunner! Drink more water diguised as beer.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:11 am

Agree with most of what you say about Del Rio.

Anderson definitely.

I don't get why so many people on this board love Kane. I think he's unbelievably boring.

I've never got the appeal of Sting. I just don't see a lot of talent there and never have. The best work he ever did was in WCW when he didn't wrestle and didn't talk for a year.

Ziggler and Christian are two other board favourites who I see as midcarders at best (Ziggler especially has nothing about him that excites me).

I think people also massively overrate Mr Perfect and Davey Boy Smith.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:13 am

I was gonna say Bulldog.

I might get slated for this....

Bret Hart.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:14 am

I agree with Crips on both Kane and Christian,

When people were berating the decision to take the title off Christian, I was bemused. He's just not world champion standard in WWE (his character now, probably is as a cocky, cowardly heel - but a few months ago he wasn't)

The love for Kane is bewildering

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:14 am

Kane yep agree, good at putting others over, nothing more. Without the Undertaker link he'd have been just another monster heel filler.

Sting just never felt anything for too.
Same with RVD, actually RVD is for me the most overrated wrestler going. Lazy and sloppy beyond belief.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:16 am

RVD is so unbelievably boring now. He is doing the same stuff he has done since he started with WWE, but he is now doing it much worse!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:16 am

I agree on Kane also, always found him boring and diappointing in the ring and on the mic.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:18 am

Clarke James wrote:I was gonna say Bulldog.

I might get slated for this....

Bret Hart.

Stacked and ready for action.

Image within spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Enforcer on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added spoiler tag to image)

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:23 am

[quote="Davieswasacrippledtart"]

I've never got the appeal of Sting. I just don't see a lot of talent there and never have. The best work he ever did was in WCW when he didn't wrestle and didn't talk for a year.
got to agree stings best ever work ('thumbsup') sort of like this new mad sting but why so blatanty copy joker
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:24 am

Since he came back...The Rock.

For me it was like waiting on a new Star Wars film and then seeing Phantom Menace.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:28 am

Hero wrote:Since he came back...The Rock.

For me it was like waiting on a new Star Wars film and then seeing Phantom Menace.

I liked the Phantom Menace! Very Happy
Still, I do see what you mean about Rocky to an extent, but to be fair he hasn't had much time to really establish himself yet since coming back.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:41 am

Hero wrote:Since he came back...The Rock.

The disappointing thing about the Rock was that it was lazy.

He cut the same promo he would have cut 10 years ago - no progression.

Rocky by numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:43 am

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM wrote:God, I'm gonna get slaughtered for this one. Well, here goes..

Stone Cold Steve Austin.
Yep, I said it. I appreciate all he has done for the business, but have never got his insane popularity, and always found him very repetitive. Stunner! Drink water disguised as beer. Another stunner! Drink more water diguised as beer.

Water disguised as beer?!

Where on earth did you get that from?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:50 am

Austin is really, really boring now, but when he was main eventing he was very good.

He has become a parody of himself since around 2002 and has been like that ever since, which is a real shame.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:52 am

Rock has cut some good promos since his comeback but I got tired of him sucking up to the crowd really quick. He never did that in his heyday. The whole "Team Bring It" thing feels contrived and is beneath him.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:54 am

He proved he can still be good on the Raw he hosted recently. His in ring promo and the backstage segment with Punk were really good.

But I am constantly underwhelmed by him, even the glassbreak doesn't do it anymore!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:23 pm

I don't get Rey Mysterio. I don't think he is entertaining or "creates magic", he is just annoying and boring to watch. The best thing he was ever involved in was when he was strapped to a stretcher and Big Show picked it up and smashed it into the ring post - comedy genius.

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:38 pm

I loved that moment. I tried to find it on youtube to show the wife (who hates him more than me) but can't. Has anybody got a link please?

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:41 pm

I have looked and can't find it. My Dad can't stand him and always remembers that moment fondly so I was trying to find it for him. It must be somewhere...............

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:04 pm

I actually like Kane, although you may think he's boring etc. I think he's probably the only character where everytime he starts to do something people get excited, despite the fact it almost always ends in dissapointment. His in-ring stuff isn't excellent but I think he's underrated on the mic, his promo last year with the lights dimmed in the Undertaker feud was brilliant.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:04 pm

CM Punk.

Just don't get the fuss

Spoiler:

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:11 pm

I've never really got what all the fuss was about WF.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:36 pm

I'm gonna get slated for this...

Vince McMahon.

What did he ever do for wrestling?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by greggschickenbake Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:43 pm

Sara wrote:I have looked and can't find it. My Dad can't stand him and always remembers that moment fondly so I was trying to find it for him. It must be somewhere...............

Backlash 2003; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdYYqE6ft0k

I have this on video, not gonna lie, it is a quality moment.

greggschickenbake

Back to top Go down

ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ? Empty Re: [No title]

Post by Bonesaw's ready Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:49 pm

Honestly not just saying this to be controversial but a lot of what Shawn Michaels has done in his career has been lost on me.
Liked his in-ring work (minus the illogical selling) but have generally always been underwhewlmed by his character. Arrogant sexy boy? Yawn. Realisation of a childhood dream at WM twelve? Yawn. Championship run in 96? Yawn.
I only ever really bought into his chracter in 97 in his feud against Hart when he was essentially playing an extension of himself and very recently as the man desperate to break the streak

Bonesaw's ready

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:50 pm

Never understood the Goldberg love-in... yes he had a cool entrance but he was hardly good in the ring and pulled funny faces a lot.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:00 pm

Bonesaw's ready wrote:Honestly not just saying this to be controversial but a lot of what Shawn Michaels has done in his career has been lost on me.
Liked his in-ring work (minus the illogical selling) but have generally always been underwhewlmed by his character. Arrogant sexy boy? Yawn. Realisation of a childhood dream at WM twelve? Yawn. Championship run in 96? Yawn.
I only ever really bought into his chracter in 97 in his feud against Hart when he was essentially playing an extension of himself and very recently as the man desperate to break the streak

You Sir, need to meet the back of my hand. I cant even be bothered to argue how much i disagree with you.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

ADR i just dont get it / Who dont you get ? Empty Re: [No title]

Post by Bonesaw's ready Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Mr H wrote:
Bonesaw's ready wrote:Honestly not just saying this to be controversial but a lot of what Shawn Michaels has done in his career has been lost on me.

You Sir, need to meet the back of my hand. I cant even be bothered to argue how much i disagree with you.

that's ok, I know how popular he is. Just never really invested in him, apart from on the few occasions I mentioned

Bonesaw's ready

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:09 pm

Each to their own i suppose, but i think you are mental!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:16 pm

Brimstone.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:21 pm

Just on ADR - I think there's always a place for a good foreign heel, and I think he has definitely got the skills to be WWE's.

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Electric Demon wrote:Just on ADR - I think there's always a place for a good foreign heel, and I think he has definitely got the skills to be WWE's.

I also think that he would have the ability to play a face as well - he could switch from rich aristocrat to philanthropist

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next