The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What I Dont Get Is...

+4
Kay Fabe
Hero
Crimey
Shot 21 LCFC
8 posters

Go down

What I Dont Get Is... Empty What I Dont Get Is...

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 05 Dec 2013, 11:38 am

If this Daniel Bryan push is over, and he will be stuck back in the midcard not to be near the WWE title again, then what was the point in letting him beat John Cena clean?

Think about it, how many wrestlers can say they beat Cena clean? Every top heel and many top faces have failed to do so. Only Probably CM Punk and The Rock that I can think of. But at Summerslam, Bryan beat him fair and square with no interferences or anything like that. Surely if he stays stuck in the midcard that reflects badly on the face of their company that he lost cleanly to Daniel Bryan the midcarder?

I may be wrong here but I think somewhere down the line, Bryan will capture the WWE title and have a lengthy run with it. surely they wouldnt just give him a win over Cena for nothing. Maybe he will win the Royal Rumble.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

What I Dont Get Is... Empty Re: What I Dont Get Is...

Post by Crimey Thu 05 Dec 2013, 12:46 pm

I think it's just a matter of WWE not having long term plans when it comes to storylines, even huge ones like this Authority one is supposed to be. It was only a few weeks ago that a Big Show/Triple H feud was planned to come out of it that didn't happen. I think WWE genuinely were pushing Daniel Bryan, the clean win over Cena was part of it, but they've since gone off the idea of pushing him and have allowed him to drop down the card, I still think he's in a better position than he's ever been, he's not quite Punk's equal, but he's certainly at a similar level in which he can be used in a feud and get the feud over by being in it rather than needing the title.

I do think he's got a chance of winning the Royal Rumble, it just depends if he can stay so over and give reason for WWE to have faith in him again. I think it also depends on the fate of the World Title, if there is only one world title I can't see Bryan winning the Royal Rumble and being in the match for the World Title.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 05 Dec 2013, 12:56 pm

I think it's between him and Punk for the Rumble win myself with whoever going on to face HHH at Mania.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 05 Dec 2013, 1:34 pm

Daniel Bryan still hasn lost clean to Randy Orton, he's not John Cena, he is vulnerable and beatable, I just don't think they'd leave him looking so strong if there was bigger plans down the line for him.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 05 Dec 2013, 1:46 pm

He beat John Cena clean so that WWE could give the illusion of a good-faith push. WWE could not fathom Bryan's popularity and had a long-term plan to undercut it; the clean job by Cena (which was barely referenced ever again) was just a hit they had to take along the way.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 05 Dec 2013, 3:49 pm

Here’s the thing (In my best Triple H voice)

I’m assuming the whole creative turmoil and lack of long term booking is largely down to the WWE not knowing what big names are going to work Wrestlemania. The Undertaker will be there, you can take that to the bank, but with doubts over The Rock and speculation over the likes of Goldberg, Sting, Austin it’s easy to see why Vince and HHH don’t want to commit to a long term storyline for ANY individual. Let’s say they wanted Punk to win the Rumble and go onto Mania to win the title but in January they got a call from Steve Austin saying he wants to work a program with Punk and will wrestle him at Mania. What would Vince do? He’d drop everything without a second thought and put Punk in the program with Austin. The WWE aren’t committing to anything long term until they hear from their marquee names as to whether they want to work Mania because in their world buyrates come from one off big name appearances and not the culmination of an emotional long term storyline involving someone like Daniel Bryan, which is very sad. I doubt very much they even know who is going to win the Rumble yet and it wouldn’t surprise me if they nixed their plans right up until the day of the PPV but I ‘hope’ it will be CM Punk.

I don’t think Bryan will be in the title picture any time soon.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 05 Dec 2013, 4:51 pm

It's another good excuse for not pushing Bryan or Punk.

Funny how it hasn't stopped them featuring Triple H or Cena in prominent roles.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 05 Dec 2013, 5:11 pm

Ignoring the reasons why Bryan became so popular in the first place, can you imagine what WWE would do with a guy who was garnering that kind of reaction if he looked like Mason Ryan?

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 05 Dec 2013, 5:51 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
Ignoring the reasons why Bryan became so popular in the first place, can you imagine what WWE would do with a guy who was garnering that kind of reaction if he looked like Mason Ryan?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamwar1 Thu 05 Dec 2013, 10:22 pm

I personally believe that we think the WWE are treading water but if you read any wrestling autobiography and the WM plans are set from Summerslam onwards.
I don't think the Daniel Brian Danielson push is over but they are known to test the resolve of their choices after a push in order to see if they sink or swim.
Dolph, Swagger, Punk (first time), Jericho (first time) and Benoit all sank.
It's the fighting spirit that people show in the face of adversity that makes the man.
From their point of view Cena never sank and therefore deserves nothing less than what he gets as far as pushes go.
Bryan's likeability in the face of adversity is similar to what Bret had to go through after his first reign.
It's not what they want but, hell if it makes money they don't give a f**k!

Jamwar1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down