The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford

+30
Pal Joey
Breadvan
Pete330v2
ADMIN
MBTGOG
Don Alfonso
Biltong
Suspicious lurker
Thomond
littleswannygirl
Hound_of_Harrow
SecretFly
Mickado
rodders
red_stag
MrsP
Luckless Pedestrian
Glas a du
Rava
perthshirepuma
LondonTiger
PJHolybloke
Ozzy3213
WillyGilly
Notch
Gibson
ChequeredJersey
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
prop_lyd
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
34 posters

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford - Page 11 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The Pub has made its way to Oxford and the only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Seve Ballesteros, Andy Fenby, Nick Williams,Tim Visser, Adam Ashley Cooper and Paul Lawrie up on the wall.

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly Whisky

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford

Post by Gibson Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:15 pm

prop_lyd wrote:Aye still going well cheers Gibbo....she's a bridesmaid at my sis' wedding and i'm best man for it!! cider

Still waiting for Glos to head properly to dublin/belfast!!

Sounds lovely man.
Tidy. Lush. OK

P.S. When is Torchwood back? Just love that series.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Glas a du wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19822253

Ah...

Ah indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:37 pm

Risca Rev wrote:The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford - Page 11 Picshopeuro

For Lucky. Kind of Spidermanish. Torn as to what top to get now and which the yellow dildo looks better on

Sweet Jebus thats an awful jersey. Worse even than the Mr. Whippy jersey.

An eyesore.

Last edited by Gibson on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:47 pm

You chino types have no taste.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:07 pm

Rev me darlin,
We invented taste, style and Jenny sayquaw, roysh. Ale guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:22 pm

I should be fast asleep but I'm not Rolling Eyes

Just watching highlights of the Goodwood Revival. MK I, II and VII Jags racing Austin A40s. Vintage cars, vintage clothes and, I suspect, a lot of Pimms. I have got to go one year! Very Happy
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:07 am

Morning slackers

Not a haoiy camper thus morning, slept in and was late for work. Hoog doesn't do late for work, and it really pisses me off if it happens. It's only the second time its happened in two and a half years but it just really annoys me
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:14 am

On the plus side, its a beautiful Autumnal morning in London today
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:34 am

Hoog wrote:Morning slackers

Not a haoiy camper thus morning, slept in and was late for work. Hoog doesn't do late for work, and it really pisses me off if it happens. It's only the second time its happened in two and a half years but it just really annoys me
That's very poor that, imagine all those stranded commuters, all those millions of poonds lost to the economy ... warning

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:37 am

Would you stop, this would be a great job if it wasnt for the passengers
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:59 am

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:07 am

Bore da pawb / good morning all, it's a beautiful morning here on the docks too. Plus it's Thursday, which is payday, so all's well so far! Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:07 am

Risca Rev wrote:
Glas a du wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19822253

Ah...

Ah indeed.

Yep, that'll stabilise things.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:33 am

littleswannygirl wrote:

Just watching highlights of the Goodwood Revival. MK I, II and VII Jags racing Austin A40s. Vintage cars, vintage clothes and, I suspect, a lot of Pimms. I have got to go one year! Very Happy

Swanny, my sister, brother-in-law and family were at that this year. The bro-in-law had the nerve to ask me if I had any old jackets he could borrow furious He's only a couple of years younger than me ffs.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:57 am

he's only gone and said what everyone else in the regions are thinking:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/19819744?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

About time.

And morning all. 8.5hrs to go Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:01 am

It’s that time of year again where I have to plan what cozzie I’m going to wear for Halloween?

Any suggestions?

Right now, I’m torn between dressing as either of these two lads:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:04 am

The first one Mick!

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:07 am

Ah right, they're cos-ies - I thought the first one was a photo of yersel Whistle

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:08 am

Dreamer, I’ve been looking for any excuse to buy skin tight red jeans. So I might just take your advice.
I like to use Halloween to crowbar something new into my wardrobe, I dressed as the Doctor last year just so I could buy a tweed jacket. Wink

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:09 am

rugbydreamer wrote:he's only gone and said what everyone else in the regions are thinking:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/19819744?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

About time.

I'm glad he's come out and said it, Dreamer. Never mind what Tony Brown and David Moffett have said recently, this is a clear-as-crystal example of the WRU putting profit ahead of the regions' aspirations.

And I'm guessing you're counting down to puppy o'clock? Very Happy

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:10 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Ah right, they're cos-ies - I thought the first one was a photo of yersel Whistle

No no, see he’s the engineer of the group that can’t help but say inappropriate things to women and I’m…

…maybe if I just let my hair grow a bit?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:15 am

Mick

Don't think you can pull off the Wolawtiz, you try it and you'll just look like most teenagers these days, check shirt and skinny jeans. And plus no where near Jewish enough to get close

Paint yourself blue
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:17 am

Hoog wrote:Mick

Don't think you can pull off the Wolawtiz, you try it and you'll just look like most teenagers these days, check shirt and skinny jeans. And plus no where near Jewish enough to get close

Paint yourself blue
Fair point, Hoog, reckon Mick's more of a natural Sheldon

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:19 am

Paint yourself blue

Even if the jeans match the turtle neck under the shirt, and the shirt is tucked in tight, and I’m wearing a pacman belt buckle?

Actually, apart from the turtle neck, that COULD be any teenager, specially round your area, London is the home of the hipsters.

I would dress up as Thor, but I’m actually too buff Whistle

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:29 am

Morning all,

The disadvantage of the first one is that folks won't realise you are in Fancy Dress!!!

That would be....

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:37 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:he's only gone and said what everyone else in the regions are thinking:

About time.

I'm glad he's come out and said it, Dreamer. Never mind what Tony Brown and David Moffett have said recently, this is a clear-as-crystal example of the WRU putting profit ahead of the regions' aspirations.

And I'm guessing you're counting down to puppy o'clock? Very Happy

You bet I am, really want this day to go quick. Smile

Mick - don't go blue, everyone will think you are a smurf.

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:58 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:

Paint yourself blue
Fair point, Hoog, reckon Mick's more of a natural Sheldon

Defo more of a sheldon, that way Amanda can go as Amy Farra-Fowler as well
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:10 am

Mick why don't you go as a smiling person in a Munster shirt....that'll scare the beejeezus out of everyone Run

Morning all, lovely day in De Diff would much rather be out on the bike in this than waiting for a young person who's obviously not turning up!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:13 am

Had a chat with the work folks, top of the list is now a JaniTHOR. Get a pair of old dirty overalls, then put on a Thor helmet and wig and carry a toy Mjölnir. Sorted.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:23 am

""The boring, unthinking coach continually preaches about mistakes," Carwyn James once wrote in the Guardian. "The creative coach invites his players to make mistakes. Adventure and error go together. I loved Lewis Jones's way – 'I may concede two, but I'll score four!' And: 'The most telling of any pre-match team-talk consists of just three words: Think! Think! Think!'""

Got this from the Guardian rugby newsletter. I think there is a lot of wisdom in there.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:38 am

MBTGOG wrote:""The boring, unthinking coach continually preaches about mistakes," Carwyn James once wrote in the Guardian. "The creative coach invites his players to make mistakes. Adventure and error go together. I loved Lewis Jones's way – 'I may concede two, but I'll score four!' And: 'The most telling of any pre-match team-talk consists of just three words: Think! Think! Think!'""

Got this from the Guardian rugby newsletter. I think there is a lot of wisdom in there.

Anscombe?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:39 am

There is, Munsty. Safety-first rugby is no fun to watch. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:41 am

The Dragons have got a new website! Fancy!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:57 am

Just had a notification that I've a new follower on Twitter, turns out its the tricky cider company! cider Laugh

How v v random.

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:16 am

Why would cider al want to follow you??
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:29 am

Prop must have had something to do with it!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:51 am

Prop canny handle his tricky, gets sick in the hedge row after it
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:55 am

Tricky all but finished you off last year too Hoog, from what I recall. You were a right mess on the train into Wales!

And guess tis advertising why they're following me, I shan't complain, specially not if they send cider offers my way Smile

Afternoon all, really pleased with the Scarlets' line up although surprised we've started with Snyman, heard there were concerns over his fitness. but I am really REALLY happy to see Stodds on the bench. Mental toughness or waht to come back from an injury like he had.

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:01 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:The Dragons have got a new website! Fancy!

Its a charitable donation from Munster. I pulled some strings - reckoned we had to at least try look professional. Thank me later kiss

Munsty I really like that quote from Carywn James.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:07 pm

Nearly never won the race.
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:09 pm

Think Think Think.

That's all it takes really, wish my Scarlets would stop to do it sometimes mind.

4.5hrs to go......

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:11 pm

Stopping to think won't do any good! Wink

Have you decided on a name yet?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:12 pm

Stag: I don't believe you!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:14 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Just had a notification that I've a new follower on Twitter, turns out its the tricky cider company! cider Laugh

How v v random.
Good lass - Al&Steve are cracking blokes cider

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:18 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Stopping to think won't do any good! Wink

ha no, you're right there, maybe they just need to learn to think full stop Wink

At the moment, the front runner for a name is Amber, but seeing as we've changed it four times already I don't give it much luck to last! We shall see Smile

Sound As - I have asked them for recommendations of what ciders I should go for Wink

Oooh and also, I think I'm going to be getting the Scarlets v Chiefs tickets next week. Is it just the one you need or is it more?

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:18 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Stopping to think won't do any good! Wink

ha no, you're right there, maybe they just need to learn to think full stop Wink

At the moment, the front runner for a name is Amber, but seeing as we've changed it four times already I don't give it much luck to last! We shall see Smile

Sound As - I have asked them for recommendations of what ciders I should go for Wink

Oooh and also, I think I'm going to be getting the Scarlets v Chiefs tickets next week. Is it just the one you need or is it more?
Just the one for me, thanks, hon OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:19 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Stag: I don't believe you!
I've found Rev's dice technology at the bottom of the screen and am curious to see what happens:

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:19 pm

The member 'AsLongAsBut100ofUs' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'D10' : 10

--------------------------------

#2 'D10' : 5

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:20 pm

WTF! Headscratch

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:20 pm

Noted, will let you know when I've bought it. Need to check if Glas and others need tickets for it too Smile

And ooo that ADMIN thing is a bit creepy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next