The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford

+30
Pal Joey
Breadvan
Pete330v2
ADMIN
MBTGOG
Don Alfonso
Biltong
Suspicious lurker
Thomond
littleswannygirl
Hound_of_Harrow
SecretFly
Mickado
rodders
red_stag
MrsP
Luckless Pedestrian
Glas a du
Rava
perthshirepuma
LondonTiger
PJHolybloke
Ozzy3213
WillyGilly
Notch
Gibson
ChequeredJersey
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
prop_lyd
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
34 posters

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 8:43 pm

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The Pub has made its way to Oxford and the only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Seve Ballesteros, Andy Fenby, Nick Williams,Tim Visser, Adam Ashley Cooper and Paul Lawrie up on the wall.

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly Whisky

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sun 30 Sep 2012, 8:51 pm

Mark.

I have a nice batch of muffins baking in the oven for work tomorrow. My 2nd anniversary there, and our team will have been moved desks up to 6th floor.

Half the batch is blackberry and blueberry (no black n blue jokes please PJ/Glas Wink ), the other half triple-choc-berry. The Welsh girl in the team doesn't like chocolate Headscratch so I had to make allowances Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford

Post by prop_lyd Sun 30 Sep 2012, 8:51 pm

First in here? Guess I'll put on the lights and roll out the cider
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sun 30 Sep 2012, 8:52 pm

prop_lyd wrote:First in here? Guess I'll put on the lights and roll out the cider

Too slow Prop, but cheers for the drink Smile
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:03 pm

Can't we have a photo of that supreme tackle monster, George Stowers, up on the wall pls? Whistle

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:08 pm

raspberry

non.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:08 pm

No problem Kiwi.........you just snuck in!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:14 pm

Can we add Goosen or Adam Ashley Cooper please?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:15 pm

Need Paul Lawrie from Bonny Scotland on the wall. Just destroyed Snedeker 5&3. clap Braveheart

Mon Europe! Slay the Yanks!

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:17 pm

uuuurgh golf vomit

Whilst I concede that the Ryder Cup is the most exciting tournament for it, really really can't stand it.

Will put the pic up for ya Gibbo though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:21 pm

Rory delivers too. 2&1. 9-10 now. Yo!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:24 pm

Thanks Dreamer. cider
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:28 pm

Poulter wins too. 10-10. Wooo. Need Rose to Half with Mickeleson at least.

Rose just holed a massive putt! Unreal!

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:30 pm

Twitter is awash with the news Gibbo, sounds like it's been a v good fightback cider (rubbish sport mind... Wink )

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:32 pm

Come on Europe!!!!!!!!!!!!! man this could be an incredible comeback!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:33 pm

If Rose gets this then that's the first 5 matches to Europe........
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:35 pm

rugbydreamer wrote: raspberry

non.

Smile

But he was cleared at his citing hearing, you wouldn't be holding any grudges now, would you?!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:35 pm

He was cleared of a red card offence Asbo, and I never thought it was a red card in the first place Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:36 pm

Oxford not too far from me then. Not too shabby.

I know it's 10-10, but Europe stacked their deck top heavy. I think Tiger will win it, but the US Captain thinks it'll be done by Dufner.

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:40 pm

Imagine...Molinari chipping in to win it though Rev!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:42 pm

I hope so mate. I'm gutted I binned my skysports now. Can't be arsed streaming it though, as I am up early tomorrow and don't want to be in a grump for my boys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:44 pm

Rose wins! 11-11.

I agree Rev, The Yanks have 4 players Up, in the middle of the playing order at the mo. That's all they need. 14 and a half is enough for them. 14 would do for us to retain it. Huge ask.

Last edited by Gibson on Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:44 pm

I know this is making me wish I'd taken out sky sports....was so tempted so i'd have it to watch ryder cup and the packers match!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:45 pm

Projected score at the moment: 14-14!!!!!!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:46 pm

Risca Rev wrote:I hope so mate. I'm gutted I binned my skysports now. Can't be arsed streaming it though, as I am up early tomorrow and don't want to be in a grump for my boys.
What are you panning to do with the lads, Rev? Something Awfully Special?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:47 pm

Gowan Westwood! 2 up. Need Garcia to beat Furyk.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:47 pm

I'll give Justin Rose his due. I looked at his score and thought Big Phil was going to take that when he took a lead. Good turnaround and I'll see his highlights tomorrow.

Sandwiches And School As.

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:48 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:He was cleared of a red card offence Asbo, and I never thought it was a red card in the first place Smile
Ah-ha, so you haven't let it go!

Justice4Stowers

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:48 pm

I'd second the vote for Adam Ashley-Cooper to get his picture on the wall. That was some nasty knock to the head he took in the Springboks-Wobllies game... out cold for what five, ten minutes? Hope to God he's alright. Concussed for sure.

Can't watch it, I'm in a coffee shop revising my CV, but for what it's worth; C'Mon Europe!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:51 pm

omg!! Edith jilted at the alter! Why Sir Anthony Strallen you scoundrel!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:54 pm

ahem, that high drama in Downton, faaaar more exciting than golf you see.

Asbo - never justice4stowers. No-one can try and decapitate the delightfully crazy-legged Andrew Fenby and get away with it boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:57 pm

Risca Rev wrote:I'll give Justin Rose his due. I looked at his score and thought Big Phil was going to take that when he took a lead. Good turnaround and I'll see his highlights tomorrow.

Sandwiches And School As.
That's great, man, you getting some fairly regular time with them now?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:59 pm

Every weekend when I'm not out the country. Got them tonight and tomorrow after school. Bless the little scamps

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:59 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:omg!! Edith jilted at the alter! Why Sir Anthony Strallen you scoundrel!

Indeed Dreamer. Dastardly act altogether.

What's yer wan on abaht? kiss cider
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:00 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Every weekend when I'm not out the country. Got them tonight and tomorrow after school. Bless the little scamps

Nice one Rev. Hug Ale
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:01 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Every weekend when I'm not out the country. Got them tonight and tomorrow after school. Bless the little scamps
Regular beatings, never fails OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:03 pm

Gibbo - high drama in Downton Abbey, perfect tv viewing for a Sunday evening Smile

Rev - that's ace Smile OK

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:07 pm

Kaymer/Molinari need to start taking a hole!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:11 pm

Europe doing wonders here. Too little too late though I fear. Utterly compelling stuff.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:11 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:

For now I can get away with looking intimidating. They'll be taller than me by 15 though <yikes>. That's why I keep on the weights. Not for the rugby, but in case they want a crack one day laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:12 pm

Woods could end up winning or losing this for the Yanks. He's 1-Up now. They just need 14 and a half.

Mon Sergio!

Last edited by Gibson on Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:12 pm

Can I just say, that I find some of the golf terminology slightly alarming?

Evening Willy Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:12 pm

Dreamer,

I watched Downton with the outlaws last week. Never have before. I reckon I'll buy the box set and my wife and I liked it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:15 pm

Furyk & Garcia all-square going to the 18th. Man. Mon Sergio!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:16 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Dreamer,

I watched Downton with the outlaws last week. Never have before. I reckon I'll buy the box set and my wife and I liked it.

ah really? glad you liked it Smile

First series is brilliant, 2nd is a bit blah, and this 3rd series has been v good so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:17 pm

If Garcia get's this match I reckon Europe'll take it!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:21 pm

My word I honestly feel sick. If Garcia wins and Kaymer holds on my word what a story.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:21 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:

For now I can get away with looking intimidating. They'll be taller than me by 15 though <yikes>. That's why I keep on the weights. Not for the rugby, but in case they want a crack one day laughing
Laugh

Respect Hug

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:24 pm

Molinari squares it with Woods!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:26 pm

Westy wins 3&2. Kaymer back to all square though.

Aaaaaaaaaah
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next