The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford

+30
Pal Joey
Breadvan
Pete330v2
ADMIN
MBTGOG
Don Alfonso
Biltong
Suspicious lurker
Thomond
littleswannygirl
Hound_of_Harrow
SecretFly
Mickado
rodders
red_stag
MrsP
Luckless Pedestrian
Glas a du
Rava
perthshirepuma
LondonTiger
PJHolybloke
Ozzy3213
WillyGilly
Notch
Gibson
ChequeredJersey
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
prop_lyd
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
34 posters

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford - Page 22 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The Pub has made its way to Oxford and the only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Seve Ballesteros, Andy Fenby, Nick Williams,Tim Visser, Adam Ashley Cooper and Paul Lawrie up on the wall.

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly Whisky

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford - Page 22 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford

Post by Cari Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:25 pm

3-18 FT in Cardiff. Fight at the end of the match...gives you an idea of the sort of game it was. Awful.

Cari

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford - Page 22 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford

Post by Notch Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:25 pm

All over; very good game, good advert for the league.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:26 pm

Dreamer, you do what you think is best with where the pub goes, nobody is going to get precious about it.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:26 pm

Notch wrote:All over; very good game, good advert for the league.

Well I'm glad one of them was! The Blues game was awful.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:26 pm

eirebilly wrote:Very close match in the end. Well played Leinster, i honestly thought that Munster would get the win here today.

Still, Munster played some really attractive attacking rugby so i am well pleased with that.

Maybe when O'Gara went off. Certainly not before.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:28 pm

Whew. Should never have been that close if Leinster had not lost focus - raft of injuries and subs didn't help. Well fought Munster - came back from a deficit that would have defied most teams' ability to respond. Great game!

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:29 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:Dreamer, you do what you think is best with where the pub goes, nobody is going to get precious about it.
Sorry mate but I thought this was a democracy. That is the ethos of this pub, no?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:33 pm

You will never get everyone agreeing Rava, and we could discuss all day where the pub goes but in the end someone needs to make a decision and put a new thread up, as this one is going to go bang very soon. Very Happy
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:34 pm

Rav,
Really think we are both still rusty, but that was a great ad for the PRO12 in the circumstances. But Ulster look better right now, tbh. More cohesive as a unit.

1st half was mesmeric.

OK over 45,000 at the game. But give me the RDS any day. Far louder. Far more atmosphere.

McLaughlin looks like he may be out of the game for a bit. I hope not. Worried about Conway more. Hope he's ok.

Injuries? This is getting silly now.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:35 pm

All pub dwellers are equal but some are more equal than others.... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:37 pm

If you are going to go for a rugby relayed pub, and we will get through it before Friday, NZ have just completed a Slam in The Championship.

Somewhere in NZ maybe? Waikato? We haven't been there yet.

If so McCaw has to go on the wall as winning captain.

Can I put in a bid for Nic Berry, who had to retire from the game this week.

Thanks.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:37 pm

Calm, Rava - think what Ozzy is suggesting is democratic in its own way. My first reaction to Dreamer's suggestion was the same as Cari's, but having thought about it a wee bit, yes - let's do it.

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:37 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:You will never get everyone agreeing Rava, and we could discuss all day where the pub goes but in the end someone needs to make a decision and put a new thread up, as this one is going to go bang very soon. Very Happy

What' s this discussion over regs? Seems to be a disagreement. If its Pub naming, can I be a Dictator?
How about The Amber Nectar after Dreamer's puppy? Something happy, not brutally sad?

#Just a thought.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:39 pm

Rava wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Very close match in the end. Well played Leinster, i honestly thought that Munster would get the win here today.

Still, Munster played some really attractive attacking rugby so i am well pleased with that.

Maybe when O'Gara went off. Certainly not before.

Huh? I thought that Munster were very attacking in the first half, with ROG?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:39 pm

Rodders that's Poopie.

Gibbo worries over Conway. BOD, Isa and others. Worrying!
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:40 pm

rodders wrote:All pub dwellers are equal but some are more equal than others.... Whistle

Security! Security! Who allowed Noordies in ere? Huh? kiss guinness

Yer such a wind-up tart tonight Rodders. Love it when you get jiggy with it darlin.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:41 pm

Whistle

If I was a democrat I'd vote for the dictators suggestion. But as I'm a fascist I will just abide.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Congrats on the win Gibbo, quality match but Leinster just had too much. The last 10 minutes must have had you a wee bit worried though Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:44 pm

perthshirepuma wrote:Calm, Rava - think what Ozzy is suggesting is democratic in its own way. My first reaction to Dreamer's suggestion was the same as Cari's, but having thought about it a wee bit, yes - let's do it.

Sorry!! calm???
Don't understand
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:44 pm

Rava wrote:Rodders that's Poopie.

Gibbo worries over Conway. BOD, Isa and others. Worrying!

Agree Rav. From having a terrific 23/25 players at our disposal, our key resources all dwindling fast.

Cant see us getting even near the Heino this year. Its a massive uphill task now. Ye guys might though. Lookin good bud. guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Cari wrote:

Standard on a Pro12 weekend that really. The quality varies wildly. From some of the best rugby anywhere in Europe to mediocre fare.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:46 pm

I think Hound's suggestion is good Smile

This is just my opinion, but in all honesty I think dedicating an online forum which is completely unrelated to the events in Mach is a bit inapparopriate and insensitive. But that is just my opinion, and if something conflicts with my own views and it bothers me so I can always leave it.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:47 pm

rodders wrote: Whistle

If I was a democrat I'd vote for the dictators suggestion. But as I'm a fascist I will just abide.

Laugh Basterd. Just spat me pint out. Laugh

Ah regs, mon, just name it whatever ja?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:47 pm

Notch wrote:
Cari wrote:

Standard on a Pro12 weekend that really. The quality varies wildly. From some of the best rugby anywhere in Europe to mediocre fare.

Well it wasn't so much mediocre...just...frustrating and a bit ugly. Both sides could've played much better, and like I said the referee's inexperience was very obvious and affected the game quite a bit.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:48 pm

If Leinster can get over the first two games the yes!! Lets be concerned.
Otherwise let Leinster be concerned.
I honestly think there's nothing between a lot of good sides this season.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:51 pm

eirebilly wrote:Congrats on the win Gibbo, quality match but Leinster just had too much. The last 10 minutes must have had you a wee bit worried though Very Happy

kiss

Worried? I was feicin fuming! Should have got the TBP when ye were down to 14. Way off the pace yet. But, that game will have done us both good. Well, us not so good with injuries.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Dreamer/Ozzie or any other Mod/Admin can I suggest Ealing for our next pub in reverence to our friend Dave Dog
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Rava wrote:If Leinster can get over the first two games the yes!! Lets be concerned.
Otherwise let Leinster be concerned.
I honestly think there's nothing between a lot of good sides this season.

True pal. Things are shifting. Its so much more even. Treviso proving it. Ulster, Scarlets, O's and Warriors showing it.

Its great for the League. guinness

Do we have a new Pub yet? Are we there yet Da?

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:58 pm

Skype pal? Im feeling the need.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Rava wrote:Dreamer/Ozzie or any other Mod/Admin can I suggest Ealing for our next pub in reverence to our friend Dave Dog

I love Dave. My 1st mate on here. Yeah. Whatever the quiet, kind, intelligent, gent - proposed. Yeah. That' s easy.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Hound's Ealing RFC Clubhouse. Or summat like that.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:07 pm

Rava wrote:Skype pal? Im feeling the need.

Well will ya ever answer it ya tart! kiss guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Tom Rees is a fecking lad!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:46 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Tom Rees is a fecking lad!

You sound like that news has come as a shock CJ.

Was the name alone not a clue?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:53 pm

Laugh

No he's a really good bloke, really getting involved in The medical school
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:57 pm

Has he just started the course?

I had a lot of admiration for the mature students in my year. Tough enough course straight from school but we had folks with wives and weeuns to support.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:00 pm

Yeah he started this week.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:02 pm

Good for him.

We wouldn't have had much contact with those so far behind us. You must be nearly finished, no?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Evening all, just about to have some dinner!! Just watched tyrannosaur, amazing film!! Properly hard hitting!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:20 pm

MrsP wrote:Good for him.

We wouldn't have had much contact with those so far behind us. You must be nearly finished, no?

I'm on the SU, so I've been on all the Freshers ' events to look after them and steward the events
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:39 pm

Gibbo, thanks for the Ealing vote for the next pub. My vote still goes to NZ though for their own slam.

Will probably complete another one in the AIs.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:40 pm

Still no feckin Pub?

Ah here, I'm off to the Cigar Lounge. Its been real. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:44 pm

This is ridiculous guys, are yous still here? I've spent the past hour wandering around Ealing looking for the Amber Nectar.... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:47 pm

I'm vaguely here
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:51 pm

Pride or Chiswick (Fullers) is the beer of choice in Ealing.

They've gone for Greene King at the club though, The folk are not happy.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:55 pm

Never tried that Greene King, is that an Ale? Don't think you can get those over here.... might be wrong though, will make it my mission for tomorrow to find out.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:52 pm

Jeez Rodders don't let us down. Course we can get those Ales in NI.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:53 pm

If you have Wetherspoons there rodders, they may have GK Abbot.

Their IPA is 'Incredibly Poor Ale' and shouldn't be held up as an example of some of the wonderful beers crafted over here. Wales & Scotland can hold their heads high in that respect as well.

Ale

Smile

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:56 pm

Went to a funeral today and a wedding party tonight. Am I weird for thinking that the former was the more satisfying experience? The funeral was in a country chapel packed to the rafters, with twice as many people outside than in. To hear a rural Welsh congregation in full voice and singing their parts is an experience in itself.

The wedding was in a converted barn in the Gower with permanent marquees. The guests were smashed. The ratio of tattooed women was very high. I turned up at nine, sober. I don't think I'm a snob, but the pride that had built up that our traditions were safe by decent people in the afternoon were shattered in the evening by the actions of a few.

Anyway. Good night.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:00 am

And there is a burgeoning real ale scene in Ireland. Hilden Brewery in NI have been going for a while, but there are quite a few others on the Emerald Isle too.

http://www.beoir.org/

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:04 am

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22