The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford

+28
eirebilly
Pete330v2
PJHolybloke
Ozzy3213
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
brennomac
Pal Joey
Suspicious lurker
Biltong
Rava
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Mickado
Gibson
Rory_Gallagher
littleswannygirl
Notch
perthshirepuma
Hound_of_Harrow
prop_lyd
Breadvan
Luckless Pedestrian
MrsP
Glas a du
Cari
Thomond
red_stag
Zander
WillyGilly
32 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jul 2012, 6:20 pm

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The Pub has made it's way to Oxford - the new location for newly promoted London Welsh.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the montage of pictures of Lyn Jones above the bar.

Ale cake cuppa tomato egg coffee mug guinness cider raspberry RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t31486-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-beal-feirste

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford

Post by WillyGilly Wed 04 Jul 2012, 6:36 pm

Come on Andy!
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jul 2012, 6:42 pm

OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Zander Wed 04 Jul 2012, 6:44 pm

Both Murray and Ferrer look exhausted ...

Zander

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jul 2012, 6:47 pm

ha I did say he was crazy: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18713210

Tsonga is going to be really tough for either who make it through this (I love him quite a bit).

Can't believe how equally matched these two are though!

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 04 Jul 2012, 6:51 pm

OK gameplan. I have come in from work. Herself had today off and on what is a rare occasion had dinner ready for me when I came home. However as its 4th July the local pizza place is doing large pizzas for €4 (which is like £2.50 for you Brits). Im gonna have to smuggle the pizzas in.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 04 Jul 2012, 6:53 pm

That move requires some cojones. Come on Ferrer, Murray has played some amazing shots though to be fair.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jul 2012, 6:54 pm

I sense one flaw with any sort of plan Stag - how do you disguise the smell??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jul 2012, 6:56 pm

Actually do you have some sort of broom closet room at all or big cupboard? Just leave them in there for now, eat the dinner that's been cooked and then smuggle them into the fridge later.

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 04 Jul 2012, 6:57 pm

I could just share the pizza with her but its only 1 per transaction.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 04 Jul 2012, 6:57 pm

You could just put the pizza in the fridge and have it tomorrow..... Pizza tastes good cold and is also nice reheated.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 04 Jul 2012, 6:58 pm

On Wimbledon all I'll say is that Andy Murray puts me off tennis. Well not so much him personally but Murray Mania
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 04 Jul 2012, 6:59 pm

OK I have it figured out.

- Wait for her to come back from Zumba
- Ask her if she will come with me and we get 1 each
- If yes mission complete
- If no announce I have to go for a long drive and I am not hungry!!
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:00 pm

That's mainly why I don't like him Stag and I suppose there's also the fact that he is British.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:00 pm

Thomond wrote:You could just put the pizza in the fridge and have it tomorrow..... Pizza tastes good cold and is also nice reheated.

Don't be preposterous Sir I want it today. Its Wednesday does that mean nothing to you!
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:00 pm

Thomond wrote:That's mainly why I don't like him Stag and I suppose there's also the fact that he is British.

Just wait til he loses and he'll just be another Scot
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:01 pm

BTW Thomond a question for you.

A good pal of mine is at your club. Do you know him. He plays hooker and goes by name "Spill It"
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:05 pm

There's actually been very little "Murray Mania" this year compared to others Smile

Gutted Cav got caught up in a crash 2.6km out from the finish in todays stage of TdF, really think he was in with a chance of another stage win too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:05 pm

Don't recognise the name but might know the face you know how it is like.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:16 pm

Hello New Pub cuppa Maybe Dreamer could put up a picture of Gavin now he's been linked to LW? Or would that put off the punters? Might increase the interest in darts. I wouldn't be surprised if Gav did end up with the Taffies as Lyn loved Gav (as a player). Really nurtured him, like.

Congratulations Rory G. It's good to hear about youngsters getting a decent break. Hope it goes well for you Smile

Thomond - will watch TSG highlights to catch EC. Thanks for the heads up. thumbsup

Hope everyone else is all right. I feel dreadful. Think the stress is getting to me, but I'm not going to go sick or anything like that...although if anyone's got a valium... Whistle

Oh and thanks for taking me to Belfast on my birthday. Tommy seems to be settling in well (sniff! Crying or Very sad )

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:22 pm

Won't be on till next week Cari but he will be on the bench for the hurlers on Saturday and starting for the footballers on Sunday. Some man.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Zander Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:22 pm

dreamer, Cav could have won couldn't he. Sad Glad it was inside 3km as Wiggo got caught up by the crash.

Zander

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:27 pm

C'mon London Welsh! I hope they play some friendlies down here. If you see that it is good (plîs)
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:30 pm

Glas - Very Happy

Cari - Hug hope the weekend gets here quick for you so you've a chance to re-charge your batteries.

If Gav ends up confirmed as being a new LW player then sure we can put some pics up. I'm putting a ban on the ones of him when he had silver hair though.

Zander - yeah I know, really lucky they were in under the 3km mark, could have been a nightmare for quite a few of the GC contenders.

Oh waw, what a shot by Murray!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:32 pm

Thomond wrote:Won't be on till next week Cari but he will be on the bench for the hurlers on Saturday and starting for the footballers on Sunday. Some man.

Nutter! I don't know how he does it. He's full of beans. TSG usually appears on our iPlayer from the Wednesday onwards so I'll catch it then. I couldn't find any live streams for it last week. If the weather's not crap again, I might wander up to O'Neills to watch it.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:34 pm

Thanks Dreamer Smile Oh and I totally agree - no silver haired pictures. He looked fecking ridiculous. I think he looked best around 2006:

http://www.welshrugbypics.co.uk/events/ospreys-squad-20062007/Gavin_Henson.jpg

Re: Wombledon. They've had it on the telly in the canteen at work. Now I don't follow tennis at all, but even the most hardcore fan must get annoyed with the awful commentary they have on the BBC? It was terrible. They just talked about...well, nothing!

Last edited by Cari on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:34 pm

Sad news on the Tornado crews. One died in hospital, two presumed dead (not found). I only hope the fourth member pulls through (who is in hospital)

I don't know if any of you watch him (those with Sky of course), but Dynamo is back on tomorrow from 9 on Watch. I've seen one trick on a trailer and it looks good.

A few mates went to watch the new Spiderman last night and really liked it. I am still undecided on it, because I liked the trilogy that was done. Going to pre-book The Dark Knight Rises this weekend though. Really excited by that. My mate in NZ has booked to watch every single one before the new one (all on the same day). I would certainly watch the other two before it just to get a major buzz going, but I'm pretty excited anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:36 pm

Sad that's horrible news Rev, fingers crossed for the 4th member.

Ah yeah I watched Dynamo last year, some absolutely mind crazy tricks he's got. Will have to see if I can watch highlights of it online or something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:36 pm

Rev, there's a thread on Spiderman in the film section although it seems to be more aimed at a female audience apparently. Although Emma Stone will keep the lads interested.

Hope those tornado crews are alright

Last edited by Thomond on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:37 pm

Evening Risca - indeed, it's very sad to hear about that accident. I only hope for the sake of the families that they find the missing ones.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jul 2012, 7:37 pm

G S and M to Murray, sealed it with an ace clap

fair dos that was a v good come back from him, just the obstacle of Tsonga to get passed now Erm (And I love both, I'm going to be torn over who to support watching the SF!)

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 04 Jul 2012, 8:45 pm

Update: I got no pizza
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 04 Jul 2012, 8:53 pm

Stag???

Have I got this straight?

Your lovely N has been slaving over a hot stove on her day off to produce a fantastic dinner for you and all you can think of is a way to sneak out to buy a pizza because they are on special offer??????

You ungrateful wretch!!

You try that stunt on me and you would me eating (or wearing) pizza for the foreseeable future!!!!!!!

warning

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jul 2012, 9:02 pm

MrsP wrote:Stag???

Have I got this straight?

Your lovely N has been slaving over a hot stove on her day off to produce a fantastic dinner for you and all you can think of is a way to sneak out to buy a pizza because they are on special offer??????

You ungrateful wretch!!

You try that stunt on me and you would me eating (or wearing) pizza for the foreseeable future!!!!!!!

warning

Please don't think Stag represents all of us males. He's just an ungrateful pig Wink

Thom, I'll keep an eye on the thread ta. Especially when it has more reviews. Not convinced to part with cash yet.

Well done Murray. Can't help but wish Federer v Djokovic was the final though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 04 Jul 2012, 9:04 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2RoudtrVv8&sns=em
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 04 Jul 2012, 9:06 pm

Bus Stag really likes these pizzas, Mrs P; he'd enjoy eating them and probably wearing them too. Punishment is meant to be unpleasant!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed 04 Jul 2012, 9:06 pm

Do not get in the way of a man and a special offer pizza...

Its the law.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 04 Jul 2012, 9:07 pm

I'm glad not all lads are so insensitive Rev.

Really sorry to hear about the crash in Moray.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 04 Jul 2012, 9:08 pm

Mark....knackered....that is all!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Wed 04 Jul 2012, 9:18 pm

Rehydrating with Budweiser. Similarly wrecked prop.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 04 Jul 2012, 9:27 pm

Mon-football, tues-rugby, weds-gym + squash...........thurs-rugby, fri-gym, sat-rugby 7s!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Wed 04 Jul 2012, 9:35 pm

Evening.

Rev Hug

I hope for the best for the remaining pilots.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Wed 04 Jul 2012, 9:57 pm

Great news, Rory Gallagher - well done that man.

Stag. Bought in pizza vs meal home cooked by your lady. Is that a contest on any level? (Unless, of course, your lady is a seriously bad cook)

Eat the food. Takeaway pizza you could get any time.

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 04 Jul 2012, 10:00 pm

red_stag wrote:Update: I got no pizza

But on the bright side, you get to treat your sweet tooth with some just desserts!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 04 Jul 2012, 10:01 pm

I think its important to state that I decided before she got home not to go down the Pizza route.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 04 Jul 2012, 10:05 pm

thumbsup
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 04 Jul 2012, 10:08 pm

I felt it wasn't going to work out well.

Plus (and I didnt mention this earlier) I had pizza yesterday.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 04 Jul 2012, 10:10 pm

Doh

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Zander Wed 04 Jul 2012, 10:11 pm

Stag, you do like your pizza then. Whistle Can't blame you! thumbsup

Zander

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 04 Jul 2012, 10:12 pm

But it was a great offer. I just got excited. Got a text from pals of mine who availed of it at lunchtime.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next