The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend

+29
Biltong
Dave.
Cari
perthshirepuma
PJHolybloke
Rava
Suspicious lurker
Hound_of_Harrow
Ozzy3213
Driver
prop_lyd
Artful_Dodger
Notch
WillyGilly
ChequeredJersey
Rory_Gallagher
Glas a du
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Pete330v2
red_stag
rodders
PenfroPete
Gibson
MBTGOG
Thomond
Pal Joey
Mickado
Luckless Pedestrian
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
33 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend - Page 20 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 19 Jul 2012, 2:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Dew Drop Inn, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

This week the pub has set up in Bridgend, the birthplace of ex Wales and Lions centre Dr. Jack Matthews, who has sadly passed away.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Dr Jack Matthews and his Welsh centres partner Bleddyn Williams.

Ale cake cuppa tomato egg coffee mug guinness cider raspberry RedWine Bubbly

Previous Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t32320p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-antananarivo-arms-madagascar

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend

Post by Rava Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:05 pm

A blonde, wanting to earn some money, decided to hire herself out as a handyman-type and started canvassing a wealthy neighbourhood.
She went to the front door of the first house and asked the owner if he had any jobs for her to do.

"Well, you can paint my porch. How much will you charge?"

The blonde said, "How about 50 Pounds?"

The man agreed and told her that the paint and ladders that she might need were in the garage.

A short time later, the blonde came to the door to collect her money.
"You're finished already?" he asked.

"Yes," the blonde answered, "and I had paint left over, so I gave it two coats."

Impressed, the man reached in his pocket for the £50.

"And by the way," the blonde added, "that's not a Porch, it's a Ferrari.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:06 pm

Bleedin' heck. 154 check out from Biff to win it. Good game from all three lads to be fair.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:13 pm

And the young 'un wins the second game.

I'm not keen on darts on TV, but it's a really good social game in the pub.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:22 pm

How are you Rava? You'll get done by the 'sexist police' for that one.
Whistle

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:28 pm

Evening all. Looks like we're on a new pub in the morning, so get your venue and pic nominations in Smile

Just cooked paella for dinner. I may be biased, but it came out pretty well.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:31 pm

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:How are you Rava? You'll get done by the 'sexist police' for that one.
Whistle

I'm good Dog . Ale
I used to be a reasonable dart player back in the day. Couldn't hit the proverbial barn door nowadays. Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:32 pm

Kiwi

clap

One if my favourite dishes.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:36 pm

Kiwi, enjoy your paella mate thumbsup

Nominations for pics from me - Bradley Wiggins and Ernie Els. Two supreme champions this past weekend.

For a venue, if it's not too morbid then what about Aurora, Colorado in memory of the victims of the cinema shooting.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:37 pm

thumbsup Rava. Good to hear you're ok.

Good to hear billy is on the mend too (just read back).

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:52 pm

Rava wrote:Kiwi, enjoy your paella mate thumbsup

Nominations for pics from me - Bradley Wiggins and Ernie Els. Two supreme champions this past weekend.

For a venue, if it's not too morbid then what about Aurora, Colorado in memory of the victims of the cinema shooting.

Totally agree with the Stars pics. Well earned and righteous.

But, how about the Swan & Rushes in Leicstershershire? In honour of the Tigers.

Where the very 1st meet happened?

See if Portnoy can resist.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:58 pm

Gibson wrote:
Rava wrote:Kiwi, enjoy your paella mate thumbsup

Totally agree with the Stars pics. Well earned and righteous.

But, how about the Swan & Rushes in Leicstershershire? In honour of the Tigers.

Where the very 1st meet happened?

See if Portnoy can resist.

How this place has evolved Gibbo. Meet ups galore, and lots of friends made.

Got to sign off now.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:58 pm

Rava wrote:A blonde, wanting to earn some money, decided to hire herself out as a handyman-type and started canvassing a wealthy neighbourhood.
She went to the front door of the first house and asked the owner if he had any jobs for her to do.

"Well, you can paint my porch. How much will you charge?"

The blonde said, "How about 50 Pounds?"

The man agreed and told her that the paint and ladders that she might need were in the garage.

A short time later, the blonde came to the door to collect her money.
"You're finished already?" he asked.

"Yes," the blonde answered, "and I had paint left over, so I gave it two coats."

Impressed, the man reached in his pocket for the £50.

"And by the way," the blonde added, "that's not a Porch, it's a Ferrari.

Laugh

Guy walks in to a chemist

"Give me 3 packets of condoms please."

"There you are Sir. Would sir like a paper bag with that?"

"Ah common man! She's not that feicin ugly"
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:00 pm

Evening Gibbo. guinness (Just like us, the old jokes are the best mate Wink )

After all this time I'm still gutted I didn't go on that tour. Still I've made up for it since Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:05 pm

Ah the best part of that tour was when the Rev turned up and our "Leinstuuuurrrr" chant debuted.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:05 pm

Evening pub guinness

Hope everyone is well.

Sheesh, I have a few days away and come back to see the jokes haven't improved Rolling Eyes

Very Happy
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:07 pm

Evenin darlin. guinness

Had a nice day out with Junior(hes older than me) . Cycling &sipping in the Sun and taking in the views. zen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr0tTbTbmVA
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:14 pm

That darlin was for Rav, Swanny btw.

You get... A Token Of My Confection cake kiss guinness

Do you have a Facebook Ad group set up for your business already?

Read back. You probably had already. But just in case you didnt. I think its a brilliant idea. Any region you want to target, near & local initially and eventually - World Wide. Its all there hon.

Believe.

Last edited by Gibson on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:19 pm

MBTGOG wrote:Ah the best part of that tour was when the Rev turned up and our "Leinstuuuurrrr" chant debuted.

Feicers, de pair of ye. In CCS, everyone could her ye. Specially me. The whole bleedin game! Laugh

It was so much fun. Portnoy losing his way, missing the train. losing his tickets and me losing reason. But, we stayed cool and got into WR, to drink whiskey, scrumpy and beer... and we behaved like eeejits. 20 of us.

They mentioned our Pub name on the WR tannoy and I missed it. 15 secs of fame, lost in the wind.

Last edited by Gibson on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:22 pm

Shag, marry, avoid:

Victoria Pendleton, Jessica Ennis, Keri-Anne Payne

Or for the ladies/men of a different persuasion (seconded by a third party)

Leigh Halfpenny, Morgan Parra, SBW
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:25 pm

I guessed that Gibbo, know you two well enough Smile

Actually no, I don't have anything set up on Facebook as yet. Just waiting for the all clear from Environmental Health then I'm good to go Very Happy
Starting locally first, just done a Fireman Sam cake for a colleague of Sharpey, and my sis has asked me to do a Peppa Pig birthday cake for my niece.

I do Believe. And I have moments when I'm Poopie myself too Laugh
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:25 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Shag, marry, avoid:

Victoria Pendleton, Jessica Ennis, Keri-Anne Payne

Or for the ladies/men of a different persuasion (seconded by a third party)

Leigh Halfpenny, Morgan Parra, SBW

You on the right fred there CJ? Ale

I agree with the ladies choice.
Not sure on the mens choice. I dont like men. Only Ladyboys. With Ulster accents.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:26 pm

A grandad is watching his young grandson playing in the garden. He grabbed the tail of a worm and pulls it out of its hole without breaking it. "Very good, I'll give you a fiver if you can get it back in" the boy thought for a bit then ran inside to get a can of hairspray. He sprayed the worm and it went rigid so he could slide it back into the hole. His grandfather amazed gave him a fiver. The following morning he gave the boy another "Grandad? You've already paid me?"

"ahem...that's from your grandmother"
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:27 pm

Didn't want to be sexist so I made sure everybody had a choice. Don't want to make assumptions about people's sexual preferences!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:29 pm

And the way SMA works is you have to pick which one you would do each thing with-

For example/ marry Ennis, shag Pendleton, avoid Payne

Just passing the time, left alone in my house now
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:32 pm

littleswannygirl wrote:I guessed that Gibbo, know you two well enough Smile

Actually no, I don't have anything set up on Facebook as yet. Just waiting for the all clear from Environmental Health then I'm good to go Very Happy
Starting locally first, just done a Fireman Sam cake for a colleague of Sharpey, and my sis has asked me to do a Peppa Pig birthday cake for my niece.

I do Believe. And I have moments when I'm Poopie myself too Laugh

That's a very healthy sign.
And yeah, its good to start with those around you. Family and their friends. Word of mouth sotospeak. Get feedback and adjust as required,. See what people like and dont like.

But, for when you go county-wide, country-wide and then - global... here is the perfect way to do it IMO.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-18812126

The guy in the vid, is missing the point in the end. All publicity is good publicity. Of course you will get eeejits on the site. Like on YOUTUBE. But, if only 10% of sane people order, you get rich.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:45 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:And the way SMA works is you have to pick which one you would do each thing with-

For example/ marry Ennis, shag Pendleton, avoid Payne

Just passing the time, left alone in my house now

Home Alone CJ? Ah Bless. And dont worry about being sexiest. Its a working-mans Rugby Pub.

I fancy Felipe Contepomi. For reasons beyond rugby. So does Puma. What does that say about us?

Its that old, historical, Irish-Argentine, love-thang, goin on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w6p4gYHd-E

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:47 pm

Swanny you will get times when you Poopie yourself. There will be times of despair also but Believe me it WILL be well worth it in the end.
If you put in the effort, and I know you will, then the rewards will be there.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:48 pm

Ha! For the male ones, I had to make the GF interested in rugby over the 6N so I gave her the resources to select her own "attractive" XV. Think it worked
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:50 pm

Littleswannygirl, what's your business idea?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:58 pm

Thanks Gibbo Hug, that really is an eye-opener. Not something I'd thought about in very much depth but I think I need too! The power of the internet!

Rava, you're right, I know. thumbsup There's just moments when it's daunting. But I will put the effort in, I just need to believe in my own abilities and that's the biggest challenge.

Evening CJ. Please, call me Swanny, it's far quicker to type! Very Happy I'm setting up a cake baking business working from home.
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:59 pm

Ah, like a customised one?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:05 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Ha! For the male ones, I had to make the GF interested in rugby over the 6N so I gave her the resources to select her own "attractive" XV. Think it worked

Ya smart mover ya. guinness

Ya know what ? Men are starting to use wimminly wiles, to their own advantage now. Man. Its makes me happy.

They have had it all their own way for feicin Centuries.

And we fell for it.

The male Empire Strikes Back.

If that's sexist, then good. Cool

Two wimmin, I would be a slave to and do all their washin. Forever and a day. Oh yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drGx7JkFSp4

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:06 pm

Swanny,

Sorry, I never knew about this new business that you were starting. I might get an aul cake from you at some point considering I'm not ridiculously far from you or anything.

Man, I really have missed so much in this pub over the past year. I'm so busy and I just haven't had the time really but I do care about ye lot but I'm just not showing it at all.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:11 pm

Yeah kind of CJ. I bake mostly traditional cakes; sponges, fruit cakes etc. My plan is to sell them through the local deli and farm shop plus fetes and farmers markets, and also do birthday, easter and christmas cakes to order. I've done a couple of birthday cakes unofficially so far and they've gone down well so I hope to expand that.

Munster, no worries, this is all pretty new, it's only happened over the last few weeks. The ladies I was working with recently gave me the idea and the confidence so I just decided to go for it, on a whim really. And we know you care, we've never doubted that Hug
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:12 pm

Whereabouts are you situated?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:13 pm

MBTGOG wrote:Swanny,

Sorry, I never knew about this new business that you were starting. I might get an aul cake from you at some point considering I'm not ridiculously far from you or anything.

Man, I really have missed so much in this pub over the past year. I'm so busy and I just haven't had the time really but I do care about ye lot but I'm just not showing it at all.

I like yachts....
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:14 pm

Munsty kiss Hug
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:16 pm

But Munsty, thats what essentially defines a Local, see? You can be here the one minute.Fecked off and gone falling in love the next. Then come back anytime and yer still cherished & loved.

We bitched about ya while you were away. Obviously. Ale kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QglEbgON9o

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:19 pm

CJ, I'm in Cheshire. Just outside Macclesfield, about 18 miles south east of Manchester on the border with Derbyshire. Right in them thar 'ills Very Happy
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:20 pm

WillyGilly wrote:

I like yachts....

Laugh

Yeah Munsty if you want to go ahead and do a 'McIlroy' Ulster could use a top class 10 Whistle
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:21 pm

Ah, nice area. Too far for me to order anything unfortunately Smile
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:22 pm

ESPN Classic
Leeds Utd. 1991/92 Season. Last time they won the League.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:25 pm

Rava wrote:ESPN Classic
Leeds Utd. 1991/92 Season. Last time they won the League.

Woah! My Team in the 70's. And yours me darlin. guinness guinness

I can name them all - off pat. 40 years later. Mad eh?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:29 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Ah, nice area. Too far for me to order anything unfortunately Smile

It will be as near as your PC, when its hits faceache and online, same-day delivery - ordering.

Eh Swanny?

Do you need an Agent? You may need more staff. We're gonna need a bigger boat. zen guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:32 pm

Rava wrote:Munsty kiss Hug

Hands off, he's mine boxing

Lovely time in the cinema. TDKR is a great film. Was still buzzing for a good 30 mins after it. I've heard people moan about it taking an hour to get going, but I didn't notice it being too slow. I went in there shattered too and managed to maintain concentration and not nod off like other films, so it's obviously is a slow burner yet still enjoyable nonetheless.

I don't really remember that season bar the FA Cup final. I remember the Charity Shield the next season though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:37 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
Rava wrote:Munsty kiss Hug

Hands off, he's mine boxing

Lovely time in the cinema. TDKR is a great film. Was still buzzing for a good 30 mins after it. I've heard people moan about it taking an hour to get going, but I didn't notice it being too slow. I went in there shattered too and managed to maintain concentration and not nod off like other films, so it's obviously is a slow burner yet still enjoyable nonetheless.

I don't really remember that season bar the FA Cup final. I remember the Charity Shield the next season though.

I just cant help it, me. Ale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXOuRtllecc
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:46 pm

Risca Rev wrote:

Thats something I've noticed with a lot of Nolans films; Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Inception...

It makes the second act, which is usually action packed, that much more powerful because he's very clever about setting things up that get you hooked in when the action starts and foreshadowing what'll come. The action isn't just meaningless explosions and noise because he gets you emotionally involved and hooked in in those slow burning first sections... very gifted director and writer.

We (me and some friends) are all going to see it tomorrow night, tickets booked. Can't wait! We watched Batman Begins on Saturday and Dark Knight yesterday night, so I'm properly psyched for it now.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:49 pm

Wednesday for me- students so we need the 1/2 price deal. Can't wait
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:53 pm

What you studying CJ if you don't mind me asking?
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:54 pm

Medicine
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next