The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend

+29
Biltong
Dave.
Cari
perthshirepuma
PJHolybloke
Rava
Suspicious lurker
Hound_of_Harrow
Ozzy3213
Driver
prop_lyd
Artful_Dodger
Notch
WillyGilly
ChequeredJersey
Rory_Gallagher
Glas a du
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Pete330v2
red_stag
rodders
PenfroPete
Gibson
MBTGOG
Thomond
Pal Joey
Mickado
Luckless Pedestrian
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
33 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend - Page 16 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 19 Jul 2012, 2:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Dew Drop Inn, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

This week the pub has set up in Bridgend, the birthplace of ex Wales and Lions centre Dr. Jack Matthews, who has sadly passed away.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Dr Jack Matthews and his Welsh centres partner Bleddyn Williams.

Ale cake cuppa tomato egg coffee mug guinness cider raspberry RedWine Bubbly

Previous Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t32320p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-antananarivo-arms-madagascar

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend - Page 16 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend

Post by rodders Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:20 pm

No probs Rory guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend - Page 16 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend

Post by WillyGilly Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:21 pm

That's better lads. 1 hour 26 minutes since the last text. I know not to text back further that would be silly. Play it cool willy, play it cool.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:23 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhh got a reply. The magic is still there. No need lads. Panic over. Silly of me to get so worried.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:26 pm

Are you serious. 86 MINUTES since a text and you're asking for advice??

She must be special Willy.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:26 pm

WillyGilly wrote:That's better lads. 1 hour 26 minutes since the last text. I know not to text back further that would be silly. Play it cool willy, play it cool.
In every relationship control is established in the first few months.

Inevitably one person is usually more infatuated than the other, the trick is not to show it, unfortunately in most relationships the person who realises the other person will do anything to make him/her happy can abuse the relationship, and once that control has been established, it is very, very hard to dismantle.

Control sounds a bit harsh, but let me liken it to a guy spoiling his girl from the outset, he has laid a standard that the girl will now expect to be mai taned forever, I have seen guys ruin themselves financially because of it.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:27 pm

I must be special you mean stag. This has never happened before.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:27 pm

If my GF texted me every 86 minutes, I think I'd go mad!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:30 pm

Willy and especially Chequered - laughing
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:32 pm

Oh man Willy you've been struck by cupids arrow man.... heart

On a more important note, anyone else a bit feiced off that you can't get AC/DCs music on ITunes?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:32 pm

biltongbek wrote:
WillyGilly wrote:That's better lads. 1 hour 26 minutes since the last text. I know not to text back further that would be silly. Play it cool willy, play it cool.

Inevitably one person is usually more infatuated than the other, the trick is not to show it, unfortunately in most relationships the person who realises the other person will do anything to make him/her happy can abuse the relationship, and once that control has been established, it is very, very hard to dismantle.

Control sounds a bit harsh, but let me liken it to a guy spoiling his girl from the outset, he has laid a standard that the girl will now expect to be mai taned forever, I have seen guys ruin themselves financially because of it.

Basically the story of my experiences Biltong. Laugh

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:34 pm

No I'm not shut up you guys :blush:
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:35 pm

Cheeky feicers on You Tube .. the shoitehawks keep hitting me with ads for Mature Dating UK... are they trying to say something about my music taste? Barstewards.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:37 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

Basically the story of my experiences Biltong. Laugh
You must have learned a lot then? Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:40 pm

Well, its late and this old man (compared to you lot) is going to bed, sweet dreams Willy. kiss

Night boys.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:58 pm

Nope. I never learn. Crying or Very sad

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:13 am

I take classes at queens Rory a couple of times a week. You're more than welcome. My fees are very competitive.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:26 am

Is that why you asked the question about texting Willy? For your students? Wink

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:59 am

Well the girl I like asked me to delete her number. I think that is impressive.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Mon 23 Jul 2012, 1:00 am

Jeeez Munsty what on earth did you do?
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon 23 Jul 2012, 1:10 am

Ah it's a long story and was during a patch where we weren't talking for 3 months or so even though we lived in the same house.

Things are better now, though I still don't have her number and we decided not to speak over the summer so we could think more about things.

And this is the girl I'd like to end up with and everything.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Mon 23 Jul 2012, 1:23 am

Aww munsty bro I feel even worse for you now. I can't imagine how you're feeling cos I never plan that far ahead. Actually with my dating history I'm probably the wrong person to be giving advice on a serious matter. Come to me if your peee ever burns though (that was a joke). Once gibbo's finished consummating his anniversary give him a buzz he's a sensible chap.

Que sera sera
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 23 Jul 2012, 4:57 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Already used a towel, however the thing isn't working. I have it upside down to try and get as much water out as possible. Trying to leave it off too. If it doesn't work tomorrow I'm going to take it to the Apple shop. Not sure what they could do though.

I didn't even spill that much. Looks like PCs are indeed the way forward. Whistle

Hair dryer?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 23 Jul 2012, 5:06 am

the girl will now expect to be mai taned forever

Is that an Africans saying?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 23 Jul 2012, 5:16 am

MBTGOG wrote:Ah it's a long story and was during a patch where we weren't talking for 3 months or so even though we lived in the same house.

Things are better now, though I still don't have her number and we decided not to speak over the summer so we could think more about things.

None of my business but united we stand and all that. Munsty - "the girl I'd like to end up with" and her not wanting to talk to you for the duration of peak rutting season sounds like a lack of balance. I don't mean to upset you but to this old stager is seems she has you eating out of her hand. She is stringing you along as a vanity project while keeping her options precisely open. Without wanting to sound crude, have you, you know...Done the deed? You'll never get this time back you know, you have to keep that in mind. Jam tomorrow sometimes doesn't happen. Take advantage of the break, play the field, you'll know by September what you want to do. Feel free to tell me to Flip off by the way, that's what friends are for. thumbsup
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 23 Jul 2012, 5:44 am

Good mornin Campers! Its going to be Sun Sun SUn in the Dam this week. Cool

Just woke up from an 11 hours sleep. Feel great. I spose it did help that I was up for a 30-hour session before it. Had a great time tho.

Swannygirl. Here is the future of your business. Get on it girl and sell those Confections. kiss

Ye have had millions of virtual pints, now here are virtual bagels. Great idea for a small business like Swannys. Great way to grow it. With ease.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18812126
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 23 Jul 2012, 5:51 am

Is Chirping the new Tweeting? Clever stuff from UCL.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18923759

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 23 Jul 2012, 6:39 am

rodders wrote:Oh man Willy you've been struck by cupids arrow man.... heart

On a more important note, anyone else a bit feiced off that you can't get AC/DCs music on ITunes?

Rodders bud, ever hear of Torrents? Anything you want - its there.

I have over 1TB of music in FLAC format (CD quality). And about the same for movies - most all in HD and a few DVI's and FLV's.

Just bought myself this last week and now I can Network them to any device in the Apt. Grand. NO more CD's DVD's, Tapes (wha?) cluttering up the place. No more handling them, mixing them up (wrong cases etc etc) losing them and having to clean them. I use a virtual Movie & Music Jukebox. Perfect. Im putting all my CD/DVDS in boxes, to show my grandkids.

This baby plays every format out there. And it connects to the Net for YOUTUBE, Faceache, etc. Sweet.

Spoiler:

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 23 Jul 2012, 7:06 am

Morning guys.

Redstag, or anyone else how does the Rabo log points work?

Is it 4 points for a win, 1 point for 4 tries etc?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 23 Jul 2012, 7:12 am

Glas a du wrote:
MBTGOG wrote:Ah it's a long story and was during a patch where we weren't talking for 3 months or so even though we lived in the same house.

None of my business but united we stand and all that. Munsty - "the girl I'd like to end up with" and her not wanting to talk to you for the duration of peak rutting season sounds like a lack of balance. I don't mean to upset you but to this old stager is seems she has you eating out of her hand. She is stringing you along as a vanity project while keeping her options precisely open. Without wanting to sound crude, have you, you know...Done the deed? You'll never get this time back you know, you have to keep that in mind. Jam tomorrow sometimes doesn't happen. Take advantage of the break, play the field, you'll know by September what you want to do. Feel free to tell me to Flip off by the way, that's what friends are for. thumbsup

That to me sounds like pretty spot on advice for the situation Glas. Wise words my man fair play

Went to see Batman yesterday, it was very good although I was hungover after a very very random night with a bunch of dutch speaking Belgians and a French speaking Canadian, long story but a superb night, so will probably go see it again in the Imax when the hype dies down a bit.
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 23 Jul 2012, 7:17 am

biltongbek wrote:Morning guys.

Yes Biltong.
3.3. In all matches in the league stage, four league points shall be awarded for a win and two league points shall be awarded for a draw. One bonus league point shall be awarded to a Team scoring four or more tries and one bonus league point shall be awarded to a Team losing by seven points or less.

And if you need any more info bud:

Spoiler:

Good morning to you Biltong. Mornin Hoog. coffee coffee
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Penfro Mon 23 Jul 2012, 7:21 am

Crikey Gibbo, up early this morning aren't we! Is this what happens when the sun's out?

cuppa for me as well please, it might help me face the day in work!! It's not easy when the sun's shining.

Mrs Penfro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 23 Jul 2012, 7:25 am

Mrs Penfro wrote:Crikey Gibbo, up early this morning aren't we! Is this what happens when the sun's out?

cuppa for me as well please, it might help me face the day in work!! It's not easy when the sun's shining.

I am MrsPenfron. Back in sync with Nature. zen
Going for a bike-ride after I finish my Networking session on LinkedIn.

Striving to get as fit as an aulfella can be.

Hope all is well at your end pal. cuppa

BTW, that is great advice there Glas. Yo da man.

Last edited by Gibson on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 7:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 23 Jul 2012, 7:46 am

Gibson wrote:
biltongbek wrote:Morning guys.

Yes Biltong.
3.3. In all matches in the league stage, four league points shall be awarded for a win and two league points shall be awarded for a draw. One bonus league point shall be awarded to a Team scoring four or more tries and one bonus league point shall be awarded to a Team losing by seven points or less.

And if you need any more info bud:

Spoiler:

Good morning to you Biltong. Mornin Hoog. coffee coffee
Cheers thanks Gibbo.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 23 Jul 2012, 8:02 am

Aye morning all,

Really looking forward to the next three/four weeks, mam and dad are over this weekend, the were off to chefs. The Monday we get back I've a mate over staying with me from oz for a few days, really looking forward to seeing her. Then I'm off to Kerry for four days fishing diving and drinking. It's going to be great
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 23 Jul 2012, 8:30 am

Stag, your spreadsheet is ready, I am sending it to you now. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 23 Jul 2012, 8:43 am

Oh my. Victoria Pendleton.

Spoiler:
She can give a me a crossbar anytime.

This will be me during the Olympics.

Spoiler:

Portnoy has started an article on this. The older we get, the worse we get.

Now, where are those Dutch girls beach volleyball pics?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 23 Jul 2012, 8:59 am

Gibson wrote:
rodders wrote:Oh man Willy you've been struck by cupids arrow man.... heart

I have over 1TB of music in FLAC format (CD quality). And about the same for movies - most all in HD and a few DVI's and FLV's.

Just bought myself this last week and now I can Network them to any device in the Apt. Grand. NO more CD's DVD's, Tapes (wha?) cluttering up the place. No more handling them, mixing them up (wrong cases etc etc) losing them and having to clean them. I use a virtual Movie & Music Jukebox. Perfect. Im putting all my CD/DVDS in boxes, to show my grandkids.

This baby plays every format out there. And it connects to the Net for YOUTUBE, Faceache, etc. Sweet.

Spoiler:

Nice toy Gibbo.

I’ve been toying with the idea of building my own media PC for a while. Might still do it after me holliers when I’ve a few bob to spend. Seems like it should be pretty straightforward. I like the idea of having a little box in the living room that I built and that I can add to when technology moves on, if you buy a smart tv now in 2 years time it will be OBS, but if you buy a small media PC and hook it to your tv, then you can always update and upgrade, and it’s much cheaper.

Just an idea at the mo though.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:21 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Well I'm probably not going to be on the forum as much for a while. Spilt water on my macbook. picard

Looks like I know what I need to buy first when I get this job started.
Rory, if you can, put your lapdog in an airtight container with as many of those cyrstalline 'dry' sachets that you get in boxes with new gadgets - if you are lucky, the moisture will be removed. It may be too late tho, sorry, have only just seen your message

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:24 am

My mate's grandmother had tablets which had one of those things in the box. She thought it was some sort of tea bag and part of the treatment. Don't laugh, it's not funny. She said it tasted quite funny though. Don't laugh!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:25 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:Well I'm probably not going to be on the forum as much for a while. Spilt water on my macbook. picard

Looks like I know what I need to buy first when I get this job started.
Rory, if you can, put your lapdog in an airtight container with as many of those cyrstalline 'dry' sachets that you get in boxes with new gadgets - if you are lucky, the moisture will be removed. It may be too late tho, sorry, have only just seen your message

I didn’t see that Rory, Asbo is spot on though, and if possible put it in the hotpress/airing cupboard overnight.

The main thing is, turn it off immediately and don’t turn it back on until it’s dry.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:26 am

Hoog wrote:Aye morning all,

Really looking forward to the next three/four weeks, mam and dad are over this weekend, the were off to chefs. The Monday we get back I've a mate over staying with me from oz for a few days, really looking forward to seeing her. Then I'm off to Kerry for four days fishing diving and drinking. It's going to be great
All at the same time, I trust?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:28 am

Morning chaps and chapesses, summer is here Yahoo

For the Brits, where would you rate Wiggins' achievement relative to other great British (incl separate English, N Irish, Scottish and Welsh) sporting moments of glory?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:32 am

My brother hdas tickets to the beach volleyball final. And with his gf being Brazilian and them being favourites to win it, it was actually her idea to go. He's a lucky man that lad I tell ya
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:33 am

Bore da pawb / good morning all. Busy here on the docks this morning, but the sun's beating down and it's put everyone in a good mood! Cool

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:39 am

Not been in all weekend so thought I'd head in this morning for a quick cider JP Morgan 7s at Glaws this Thursday....if it wasn't for rugby training then I'd be there!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:46 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Hoog wrote:Aye morning all,

All at the same time, I trust?

That would be the plan but with Dingus in charge its going to be hard Laugh
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:05 am

Mickado wrote:
Gibson wrote:
rodders wrote:Oh man Willy you've been struck by cupids arrow man.... The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend - Page 16 21345

Spoiler:

Nice toy Gibbo.

I’ve been toying with the idea of building my own media PC for a while. Might still do it after me holliers when I’ve a few bob to spend. Seems like it should be pretty straightforward. I like the idea of having a little box in the living room that I built and that I can add to when technology moves on, if you buy a smart tv now in 2 years time it will be OBS, but if you buy a small media PC and hook it to your tv, then you can always update and upgrade, and it’s much cheaper.

Just an idea at the mo though.

Its a great idea Mick. I like boxes rather than lapdogs also. As you say, you can update them easily. Graphics cards, sound cards, bigger capacity SATA/RAID disks, storage... yada yada. And its a nice buzz building and maintaining it all yourself.

Nice little project and you get to learn a lot as well. The only original thing about my Desktop, is the box iself. I have upgraded everything over the last year or so.

There is nowt to it really and you can save a lot/get a far better machine in the end, than one off the shelf. Id say, buy an empty housing/ box and the Motherboard/CPU and build it to spec from the start.

Get into the Intel i3, i5 or i7, processor range.

The thing I like about that Ryan HD2 Media Box, is that it is small enough to lug around and connect anywhere I want to go. Might bring it down to Chefs.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:11 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Morning chaps and chapesses, summer is here Yahoo

For the Brits, where would you rate Wiggins' achievement relative to other great British (incl separate English, N Irish, Scottish and Welsh) sporting moments of glory?

Despite the "controversies", very highly. It's still one of sport's hardest events to win, and the way he's changed from a track cyclist to a road one is fantastic. The fact the Tour wasn't as strong as it could have been is irrelevant- this is often the case and you can only beat those in front of you. I also doubt whether any cyclists would get close enough on the ITTs to make mountain superiority, where Wiggins looked in cruise control anyway, count. The course was ITT heavy but every year it's going to favour someone. Sky's tactics were the same as any team's they were just too good to overcome. Froome was the superior climber but Brad was so far ahead in the ITT and looked soncomfortably 2nd in mountain stages that he would have won if Froome were on another team too.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:11 am

There’s a couple of things that I’d like to see if I could do but I’ve not seen them done before so not sure if it’s possible.

Like, I’d want to install a small battery in it so that when I switch the power off at the mains it can start to shut itself down properly rather me having to start the shutdown manually. I’d like to install a small SDD to run the OS, this thing is going to be in my living room, I want it to boot very quickly. I’d like to not have to buy windows too, but I have absolutely no experience of working with linux/ubuntu etc.

Also, if at all possible I’d like to operate it with a Doctor Who sonic screwdriver remote control Laugh sure I can always dream…

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:18 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Morning chaps and chapesses, summer is here Yahoo

Despite the "controversies", very highly. It's still one of sport's hardest events to win, and the way he's changed from a track cyclist to a road one is fantastic. The fact the Tour wasn't as strong as it could have been is irrelevant- this is often the case and you can only beat those in front of you. I also doubt whether any cyclists would get close enough on the ITTs to make mountain superiority, where Wiggins looked in cruise control anyway, count. The course was ITT heavy but every year it's going to favour someone. Sky's tactics were the same as any team's they were just too good to overcome. Froome was the superior climber but Brad was so far ahead in the ITT and looked soncomfortably 2nd in mountain stages that he would have won if Froome were on another team too.
Do you think that is cos it's just cleaner now or cos of who was missing thru injury/suspension?

A secondary question - is there EVER any role for 'medication'/supplements/druugs in sport? Take the Tour as an example, these lads basically beast their bodies for 3 weeks - are drugs taken during a race simply performance enabling rather than performance enhancing?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next