The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend

+29
Biltong
Dave.
Cari
perthshirepuma
PJHolybloke
Rava
Suspicious lurker
Hound_of_Harrow
Ozzy3213
Driver
prop_lyd
Artful_Dodger
Notch
WillyGilly
ChequeredJersey
Rory_Gallagher
Glas a du
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Pete330v2
red_stag
rodders
PenfroPete
Gibson
MBTGOG
Thomond
Pal Joey
Mickado
Luckless Pedestrian
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
33 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend - Page 7 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Dew Drop Inn, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

This week the pub has set up in Bridgend, the birthplace of ex Wales and Lions centre Dr. Jack Matthews, who has sadly passed away.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Dr Jack Matthews and his Welsh centres partner Bleddyn Williams.

Ale cake cuppa tomato egg coffee mug guinness cider raspberry RedWine Bubbly

Previous Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t32320p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-antananarivo-arms-madagascar

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend - Page 7 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend

Post by rodders Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:10 am

100/10 for excitment for me, honestly can't remember being so excited about a movie...well not since Ghostbusters 2. I hate the cinema like so it must be good....

Heard rumours its not meant to be great though, apparantly in the advanced screenings Banes voice was unaudible and the sound had to be reworked last minute.

Oh Shoite my manager has just come in and this deployment my team is working on has gone t*ts up...the other lads are in the Belshaft office so I'll have to do the explaining once he reads his emails... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend - Page 7 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Bridgend

Post by Mickado Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am

Little known fact, the fella who played the Joker in the original TV series of batman also played Micky in the Rocky movies.

GET UP YA BUM, COZ MICKY LOVES YA!
Crying or Very sad

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:12 am

Wow Mick thats a belter, didn't realise that at all! Shocked
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:12 am

MBTGOG wrote:I'll go with Mick on this, the Dark Knight gets a 9 from me. I honestly think they wrote probably the best villain I have so far come across in film. Heath Ledger was brilliant in the way he played the role. It was the small details, like the way he sucked the phlegm around in his mouth in pauses, that really created that character but it was also the writing and the intensity of the Joker's quest which was magnificent.

I was saying to Stag last night that Batman is a limited character in the way he has been developed but that can work magnificently if they can create a legitimate counter to him and I really hope Bane can be that.

The side story of Dent was fantastic but I do agree with Stag that the CGI was poor but I also wouldn't knock off a point for it.

Less is more. They could have done Two-Face's so much better couldn't they. Literally half a dozen scars on one half of his face, a few burn marks, maybe a swollen eyelid and brusing after a beating etc.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:13 am

Rotten tomatoes gives it 87% approval for critics and 94% for viewers, which is pretty good. I've seen ratings vary from 5* to 2* but the 2* was the Daily Fail and therefore I count it as a 5*. Apparently it starts too slow and is too long
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:14 am

I've never seen a Batman film. I've seen the old '60s TV show, though.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:15 am

Thats a good sign Chequred Very Happy .

Kapow! Wham! Boff! Yahoo

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:16 am

Oh Luckless your missing out pal.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:17 am

Stag,

It has been confirmed, probably one of my best calls ever. That was indeed your man from Renford Rejects in the Dark Knight.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:17 am

Just assembled a newly delivered bike for MrsG. I took it on a spin round the park, to check it all out. Its really sexy. All white, soft leather brown saddle, hand-grips, 7 gears and sheet.

Brought it back to her like a little puppy and said: "There ya are love, brakes, pedals, saddle, tyre-pressure, steering straightened, all sorted for ya darlin" - with a smile.

"WHAT!? You phookin rode it before I did!"

Not impressed. Should have let her twist the handle bar, pull the front break and let her break her neck. But no, Im a hopeless romantic.

Shes not getting laid tonight Gerry. No way.

P.S. CJ Rocks. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:19 am

red_stag wrote:
MBTGOG wrote:I'll go with Mick on this, the Dark Knight gets a 9 from me. I honestly think they wrote probably the best villain I have so far come across in film. Heath Ledger was brilliant in the way he played the role. It was the small details, like the way he sucked the phlegm around in his mouth in pauses, that really created that character but it was also the writing and the intensity of the Joker's quest which was magnificent.

I was saying to Stag last night that Batman is a limited character in the way he has been developed but that can work magnificently if they can create a legitimate counter to him and I really hope Bane can be that.

The side story of Dent was fantastic but I do agree with Stag that the CGI was poor but I also wouldn't knock off a point for it.

Less is more. They could have done Two-Face's so much better couldn't they. Literally half a dozen scars on one half of his face, a few burn marks, maybe a swollen eyelid and brusing after a beating etc.

You mean the unscarred side could have had a bit of damage on it to make it more realistic?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:19 am

Neeson was at the premiere the other night so I'd be surprised if he didn't make an appearance. Heath Ledger played the joker brilliantly, best villain I've seen in year's. I'm unbelievably excited. Moreso for this than Taken 2. Christopher Nolan has done a stunning job. Can't wait to see what his next project is.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:21 am

MBTGOG wrote:Stag,

It has been confirmed, probably one of my best calls ever. That was indeed your man from Renford Rejects in the Dark Knight.

Excellent call. I wonder about my call. That bloke from "Dream Team".
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:22 am

Superhero films sink my boat, Stag.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:23 am

MBTGOG wrote:Stag,

Wow wow wow, which fella from renford rejects?

Luckless, mate, you're missing out big time. I freaking love a superhero movie!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:23 am

I don't know if phlegm is the word to use, but that and the licking of the lips are the little nuances which make Joker an amazing character. The voice and laughter too, which Ledger spent about 2 weeks in a room isolated working on, now that's commitment. I liked Dent's face a lot better than previouus versions it's a little more realistic anyway.

Batman, well I think Bale does a pretty decent job at it, certainly better than Clooney did in the nipple suit. As for the voice, if you think about it logically, Bruce Wayne is one of Gotham's most famous personalities, I think people would have figured it out pretty quickly if he started talking normally, still some fun moments in the two movies because of it:
Spoiler:

Stag, I think Batman Begins was certainly overshadowed by TDK. It was an incredibly good movie, Liam Neeson and Corkman Cillian Murphy were superb in it. I wonder does Neeson get Taken if he doesn't do a good job in Batman Begins. It was essentially building up to the TDK but it is a very solid film, like how it fouces more on the backstory a bit like The Amazing Spiderman.

There's very few characters I don't like in this series, maybe Rachael Dawes in the second one, but Michael Caine does a great job as Alfred a whole new side that's only seen in some of the graphic novels. Morgan Freeman does a nice job too. It's really a great series. Two more clips, one to show Caine's good work:
Spoiler:

Another for comedic value but linked to Batman, which I won't get to see today from the looks of things. Gutted.
Spoiler:

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:24 am

Nobody in batman is super though, it's more a hero film. And tbh he's an antihero anyway
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:24 am

Wickets falling at the Oval: Dale Steyn dismisses Cook and now Bopara.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:25 am

I don't do excited for movies but if Carlsberg did excited for movies that would not even come near what I am feeling for this Batman film. Christian Bale and Tom Harding are fantastic performers and Bale's performance in the first two films has been lightyears ahead of any previous Batman incarnation.

I see some nutjob has shot up a premier in America killing a lot of people including kids. Sad

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:26 am

Just found it there.

Serious spotters badge mate. clap

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:27 am

Also notice just how much Nolan reuses his casts...

Damn it Ravi!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:27 am

I'll check now Stag.

Another top call.

Who'd have funk it? England's two best football series have bit part actors in the best comic book movie adaptation of all time.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:28 am

Munsty,

I was right.

Curtis Alexander from Dream Team!!! Very Happy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chucky_Venice
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:28 am

Renford Rejects, now there's a blast from the past!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:30 am

Noth Neeson and Cillian Murphy are in it as is Marion Cotilliard in a role I'm going to guess having watched the two previous films.

Will leave in spoiler if people don't want to know, I deserve a prize if I get this right.

Spoiler:

Alsothis current crop of Batman films shouldn't be classified as comic book films in my opinion they are way deeper than that and from what I saw on the special features are based on graphic novels ( not the kind that are a collection of Comic Books). They are superior to most comic book films and are made way differently.

Also Batman will be rebooted within 5 years. Mark it. Why, you ask? With the success of the Avengers, DC will want to make a Justice League type thing. That's a theory I stole from my brother anyway.

Happy birthday to him too, hits the big 20. This day is already historic, Anniversary of man landing on the man and a movie that breaks Box office records was released on this date? I got him some kick ass presents.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:31 am

Mickado wrote:Just found it there.

Serious spotters badge mate. clap

Why thank you sir.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:33 am

Thomond wrote:Noth Neeson and Cillian Murphy are in it as is Marion Cotilliard in a role I'm going to guess having watched the two previous films.

Will leave in spoiler if people don't want to know, I deserve a prize if I get this right.

Spoiler:

Alsothis current crop of Batman films shouldn't be classified as comic book films in my opinion they are way deeper than that and from what I saw on the special features are based on graphic novels ( not the kind that are a collection of Comic Books). They are superior to most comic book films and are made way differently.

Also Batman will be rebooted within 5 years. Mark it. Why, you ask? With the success of the Avengers, DC will want to make a Justice League type thing. That's a theory I stole from my brother anyway.

Happy birthday to him too, hits the big 20. This day is already historic, Anniversary of man landing on the man and a movie that breaks Box office records was released on this date? I got him some kick ass presents.

Ookaaay. Can you prove that T? Is it on video?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:33 am

Laugh

Brilliant, there's a girl who sits beside me and a fella who sits behind me in the office, he was over at her desk talking about something, and he sat on the desk, he immediately hopped up and grimaced in pain, she asked "what happened", he said "nothing, nothing, i'm fine", the then limped back to his desk and 2 seconds later i get an IM from him saying "I may have sat on my testicle"

Laugh

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:33 am

From that, I've decided to watch an episode of Renford Rejects and who pops up from the start, only James Corden, as some bully.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:33 am

Gibson wrote:Just assembled a newly delivered bike for MrsG. I took it on a spin round the park, to check it all out. Its really sexy. All white, soft leather brown saddle, hand-grips, 7 gears and sheet.

Brought it back to her like a little puppy and said: "There ya are love, brakes, pedals, saddle, tyre-pressure, steering straightened, all sorted for ya darlin" - with a smile.

Not impressed. Should have let her twist the handle bar, pull the front break and let her break her neck. But no, Im a hopeless romantic.

P.S. CJ Rocks. OK

CJ as in me?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:35 am

Gibbo, if it's on TV it's got to be true. Hoemr Simpson taught me that. I also learned to never stop a TV dog barking.

Watched this episode the other day too, where did they come up with this stuff, incredible

Spoiler:

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:39 am

It's the random stuff I love most about the Simpsons, Thomond, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClfsOvKXuK8

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:40 am

Thomond I've heard that Marion Cotilliard thing suggested a lot.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:41 am

Thomond wrote:Noth Neeson and Cillian Murphy are in it as is Marion Cotilliard in a role I'm going to guess having watched the two previous films.

Spoiler:

I read somewhere recently that they're going to do a Superman reboot in the next year or two. So a Justice League could flow from that. Can't see them doing a Martian Manhunter or Aquaman (the jokes in Entourage are too recent) movie though, but I reckon Green Lantern and Flash movies could work.

Edit, According to Wiki, a JL movie was put on the shelf in 2008, but last month DC announced they are developing a new one now.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:45 am

There's a really good clip from that episode (have been watching random Simpsons episodes with the bro and some mates recently) with like a Michael Caine soundalike, feicing hilarious.

Well Stag, I hadn't though of it until about 10 days ago. I have tried to avoid hearing any news about the film to avoid any chance of spoilers. So it could have been doing the rounds. Apparently a chat show host in America, David Letterman, ruined the ending of the new film about two weeks ago!

Spoiler:

Can putting the thing in spoilers get past workplaces that prohbit Youtube?

Yeah there's a Superman on the way alright and there will be a few more. About 2017 or so for a Justice League movie. They're making more Avengers films too and introducing new characters as well as sequels to the original guys.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:45 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:
Gibson wrote:Just assembled a newly delivered bike for MrsG. I took it on a spin round the park, to check it all out. Its really sexy. All white, soft leather brown saddle, hand-grips, 7 gears and sheet.

P.S. CJ Rocks. OK

CJ as in me?

Who else? I didnt get where I am today, by not spotting a CJ.

Long before yer time bud, but still a classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC_F-Erxldg

What I was really trying to say, is Welcome to the PUB. Its an old tradition. guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:46 am

DC characters don't all operate in the same universe though do they? In the way that the Avengers do for example.

Like in Batman, nobody has any real "superpowers" but Superman is all about superpowers. There's a lot of talk about space in the Green Lantern and superman too, it would seem a bit odd for Batman to be involved like that.

I really like Marvel stuff and DC stuff, i don't have a perference but you know what to expect from both of them.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:47 am

Thank Gibbo, nice to be here
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:47 am

Speaking of reboots, that Total Recall movie with Colin Farrell looks pretty classy. A bit like Blade Runner meets Minority Report.
The one film I've always wanted to see remade is Zulu. I mean it's one of my eternal favourites in it's current form but I'd love to see it remade with historical accuracy. The trouble is they'd CGI the Zulu masses Sad

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:49 am

They should let the Batman franchise die with this one. Nolan and Bale have done such a great job that it would be too hard to top. They should quit while they are ahead.

I actually really liked the Tim Burton Movies, they were more like a gothic fairy tale than action movies but then Joel schumaker, Val Kilmer and U2 came in and wrecked everything.... steam
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:50 am

That's why they will reboot it Mick. The current Batman wouldn't be kind of a Justice League type other versions of Batman maybe.

There's been several Green Lanterns I think, more than one person has been him. There is a room for a Justice League type deal don't know if it would be as good but sure who knows. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern (maybe I'd say they will hope people forget the film tanked).

It's kind of like how the X-men were in the Avengers but the versions in the films probably wouldn't be. It seems to depend what comic you take it from!

I also like how Stan Lee appears in pretty much every Marvel film. Rodders, this is the last one until a reboot which will happen within a few years if my (stolen from my borther) predictions are right.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:53 am

Down with reboots!

Actually thought the new spiderman movie was pointless (but good), there was no need to reboot the character so soon after the last 3 movies. There wasn't enough to differentiate the character.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:54 am

Did you see it Rodders? I thought it was well done, pretty different really. Lot more attention to the backstory and love interest as well as a few other details.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:57 am

Yeah watched it on Monday Thom. I liked it yeah but really just thought there was no need to rehash the backstory.... it just didn't feel too different to the Toby McGuire movies to me. A bit darker and some of the finer detail changed but overall very similar.

Worth watching for that Blonde lass from superbad though... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:59 am

In the words of Wayne: Schwing!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:05 pm

She's a belter that one, prefer her as a ginge though. I do like a ginge.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:05 pm

Watch Zombieland and you may think differently Micko.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Feic the shoite is going to hit the fan in here this afternoon and I want out of here at 4pm... 50min run, some push ups a protein shake( Smile ) then Batman at 7pm...I have a feeling today isn't going to go plan though.... steam
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:10 pm

This summer for British (and Irish) sport, in terms of what has been available, is ridiculous. Summer rugby tours, Euro Championship (I didn't care but hey), Queen's (got to work there Smile), Murray at Wimblydon, Hamilton and Button driving well in the F1, Wiggins and Sky (and Froome) in the TdeF, the cricket and then the Olympics- ludicrous! Then next summer is my favourite rugby time of all- the Lions Very Happy
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Mickado wrote:She's a belter that one, prefer her as a ginge though. I do like a ginge.

Agree 100%

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next