The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford

+28
eirebilly
Pete330v2
PJHolybloke
Ozzy3213
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
brennomac
Pal Joey
Suspicious lurker
Biltong
Rava
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Mickado
Gibson
Rory_Gallagher
littleswannygirl
Notch
perthshirepuma
Hound_of_Harrow
prop_lyd
Breadvan
Luckless Pedestrian
MrsP
Glas a du
Cari
Thomond
red_stag
Zander
WillyGilly
32 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford - Page 11 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jul 2012, 6:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The Pub has made it's way to Oxford - the new location for newly promoted London Welsh.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the montage of pictures of Lyn Jones above the bar.

Ale cake cuppa tomato egg coffee mug guinness cider raspberry RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t31486-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-beal-feirste

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford

Post by Thomond Fri 06 Jul 2012, 11:30 pm

On here,click on preview beneath the post box, it's the 7th icon in from the right. It's a little film reel and you put the url in there. You can put a spoiler aroudn that too if you like I think it'ss recommended as most are using the site at work.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford

Post by Gibson Fri 06 Jul 2012, 11:33 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:Peace brothers, Hug , please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moPAoLhFYlY&feature=relmf

Ta. X kiss

PJ man, that was sweet.
Rava wants you 1st. But feic im. Let's just use him as a conduit/condom. Smeared in a bottle of Black Bush.

You shine bro. For a Birt like. OK
Just for you. X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg_Utj4Aljc

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Fri 06 Jul 2012, 11:33 pm

Stag, just do not say Scotch and not offer me a dram

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 06 Jul 2012, 11:33 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:So are they eligible to play for either GB or Ireland?

Rory its one of those situations where they can declare for their choice.

Its not always the right one though!
https://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=NI+athelete++dispute4s+SPORT+iRELAND+olympics&oq=NI+athelete++dispute4s+SPORT+iRELAND+olympics&gs_l=hp.12...18505.34877.2.37064.25.25.0.0.0.1.173.2530.14j11.25.0...0.0.BtUklM66fpM&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=c72d84806ae8a6&biw=1280&bih=653
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 06 Jul 2012, 11:34 pm

Am I the only one who thinks the "spat" was a bit like the Fr.Ted episode?

"I hear you're a racist now father"

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 06 Jul 2012, 11:40 pm

Thomond wrote:I think most guys in athletics go for GB but it depends on the sport I'd say. I would imagine boxers box for ROI as the boxing federation is an all Irish organisation. I don't think a fuss would be made if they boxed for Britain. I wouldn't have any problems and I imagine most wouldn't it's their right as a NI citizen.

I think it actually goes more by the sport than anything else, it varies greatly across the board.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 06 Jul 2012, 11:41 pm

I did say it depnds on the sport Notch, take a second look. Wink

Rav, you have mail

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 06 Jul 2012, 11:43 pm

red_stag wrote:
perthshirepuma wrote:Stag, that's 'Argentine', not 'Argentinian'. Thank you. kiss

Pfft you'll be telling me its Scots not Scottish next

It's Scottish, not Scots. raspberry king
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 06 Jul 2012, 11:44 pm

Thomond wrote:I did say it depnds on the sport Notch, take a second look. Wink

Hey! I was agreeing with you, not arguing.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 06 Jul 2012, 11:46 pm

Thomond wrote:I thought it was implied I wanted them to win. Of course I do helps football in Ireland North and South. Why wouldn't I want NI or ROI to do well in sport?

I think a big deal has been made out of this, people came out with stuff like I hate or dislike people when I never said anything of the sort. I just said I didn't support someone. I didn't go against them really (fair enough I went agaisnt Murray but it's hard to watch a sport involving two different individuals as a neutral, different to watching team sports)

I apologise if I hurt or offended anyone, it wasn't my intention and this is probably coming off a lot worse over the internet then it would if we were actually out and about. I want to clarify once and for all that I have no problem with anything about Britain, I just don't necessarily support them or England. I don't think there's much more in it then that. I don't expect them to support Ireland, if they do great, if they don't no problem

I don't care either way Thomond, I feckin like ya. There, I said it.

Sue me... Hug
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 06 Jul 2012, 11:49 pm

perthshirepuma wrote:Stag, just do not say Scotch and not offer me a dram

Laugh

Forgive them Puma... They have so far to go yet.

And miles to go before I sleep... kiss

Cant wait to meet Joe in aul Dubh Linn pal. Lets hope Leinster make it. T'would be unreal bud.

Home away from home.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4asSbKhqAGM
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 06 Jul 2012, 11:55 pm

Close to everyone in the Pub should have a PM, if you haven't sorry and I will send it.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 06 Jul 2012, 11:56 pm

Gibson wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:Peace brothers, Hug , please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moPAoLhFYlY&feature=relmf

Ta. X kiss

PJ man, that was sweet.
Rava wants you 1st. But feic im. Let's just use him as a conduit/condom. Smeared in a bottle of Black Bush.

Just for you. X.

Yow fookin prophet. That's just beautiful - but yous and Rav can feck off. I'm waiting for Thomond to come over to the dark side... a matter of time is all.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford - Page 11 Smiley-love006

Wink OK
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat 07 Jul 2012, 12:04 am

[quote="PJHolybloke" Smeared in a bottle of Black Bush.

Just for you. X.

[/quote]

OK Mate Whisky
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Sat 07 Jul 2012, 12:10 am

Still trying to connect The Pub to the brilliance that is Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee. You really need to hear these guys.

Thomond, thanks, will try to get to grips with that.

So ... what is happening, amigos?

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sat 07 Jul 2012, 12:13 am

Link por favor Pertshire Princess?

music Ain't nothin goin on but the rent.... music
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 07 Jul 2012, 12:18 am

Night all!

For Puma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW09IAs5GpI&feature=related

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Sat 07 Jul 2012, 12:20 am

PJ, would love to connect you with a link, but, regardless of Thomond's best efforts, still not able to do the link thingy. But, go on to YT , insert Sonnt Terry and Brownie McGhee and - enjoy. Original and genuine blues.

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 07 Jul 2012, 12:21 am

perthshirepuma wrote:Still trying to connect The Pub to the brilliance that is Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee. You really need to hear these guys.

Thomond, thanks, will try to get to grips with that.

So ... what is happening, amigos?

Whats happening here, is man-lurve doll.

Ye Scots lasses have no idea. Atall Atall Atall.

Love you pal. In a womanly way.

Para ti mi amor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_xnOhXIpHg&feature=related

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Sat 07 Jul 2012, 12:25 am

Mrs P, you are a star. Any aficionado of Sonny and Brownie is a friend of mine! As if you were not a friend anyway!

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sat 07 Jul 2012, 12:33 am

Thanks Perthshire Princess,

It's just a matter of pushing the right buttons...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX3KOaJvly4&feature=related

I can't lie though, I'm a big fan of the Mississippi Delta Blues...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeTOQ2pXXnM

Love it.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 07 Jul 2012, 12:43 am

perthshirepuma wrote:Mrs P, you are a star. Any aficionado of Sonny and Brownie is a friend of mine! As if you were not a friend anyway!

Yer wan just Googled it. There was no love involved in it.

Whereas PJ & I, actually know them. Just sayin... Wink

For MrsP. The Lady who makes this Pub so special. She has helped so many people, in the background. Including me. The Lady is precious. She is so special.
X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6voJjexENok

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Sat 07 Jul 2012, 12:50 am

Don't you love it, don't you love it, don't you just LOVE it! Mississippi Blues- yes, please.

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sat 07 Jul 2012, 12:51 am

I'll second that.

For MrsP - AND NO FECKER ELSE! OK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE0pwJ5PMDg

PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sat 07 Jul 2012, 12:57 am

perthshirepuma wrote:Don't you love it, don't you love it, don't you just LOVE it! Mississippi Blues- yes, please.

For you PP, stay frosty. kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16AnGcB7MHA

Oooooohhh yeeeeah.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Sat 07 Jul 2012, 4:57 am

What a silly time to have to get up and go to work. If I have to suffer so should everyone else.

SO WAKE UP YOU BIG BUNCH OF SLACKERS!!!!!
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Sat 07 Jul 2012, 5:15 am

Nothing?

Fine, I'll get the bacon started.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 07 Jul 2012, 6:40 am

Mate I have still not been to bed since getting up at half six yesterday moring so keep the feicing noise down will you!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 07 Jul 2012, 6:54 am

See the national kissing day chat up line didn't work. Frustrated much Willy? Very Happy
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jul 2012, 9:31 am

Morning.

Finally watching State of Origin. I know what happens, but still buzzing.

Also pretty excited for the boxing Tonight watching Gav Rees

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jul 2012, 9:36 am

Said it on here before probably, but I fecking love Suncorp. One day I'm gonna get there. Newlands is another one to visit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 07 Jul 2012, 10:08 am

Risca Rev wrote:Morning.

Finally watching State of Origin. I know what happens, but still buzzing.

Also pretty excited for the boxing Tonight watching Gav Rees

Huge upset happening now Rev - Canberra 40 Melbourne 12... 3 mins to go. Erm
Enjoy the game - it was a cracker... even though we lost. steam

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 07 Jul 2012, 10:18 am

Not many people realise Qld were also going for their 7th straight win over NSW in the Schoolboys Annual game. However the Blues did manage to turn the tables on that one today winning 28-17.

Brisbane Lions (AFL) aimed to motivate themselves with the Maroons (RL) too but it didn't work out; the Swans have just beaten them 110-63.
Sydney is now top of the AFL ladder - Melbourne top of NRL ladder. Odd. Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jul 2012, 10:24 am

Linebreaker wrote:Huge upset happening now Rev - Canberra 40 Melbourne 12... 3 mins to go. Erm
Enjoy the game - it was a cracker... even though we lost. steam

I've always leant more towards NSW from when I bought a shirt years back (because it looked nice). Similar colour to the RAF shirts. Sky did a good job of building the game up though.

Wow, that's some scoreline.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat 07 Jul 2012, 10:38 am

Thomond wrote:Close to everyone in the Pub should have a PM, if you haven't sorry and I will send it.

You're all right mate Hug

My support of England/Wales/Ireland/Scotland/GB etc teams/athletes is somewhat variable, depending on events- it's rather similar to watching Australians, sometimes I'm with 'em, sometimes I'm against*. I've warmed to Murray recently for some reason - last night myself and my (Cork lass**) flatmate were watching, I was vaguely supporting Murray (Tsonga had some underdog-cred) and she was vaguely supporting Tsonga

*LB, for some reason most Kiwis support Queensland in SOO, I'm not entirely sure why. There's more Kiwis in the Holden camp vs Ford too. Though my sister's partner does have a blue Ford oval tattoo on the back of his neck, one reason why my folks don't particularly like the guy Whistle

**At the moment I'm pretty sure she's stringing along 2 girlfriends at once - not that I have the nerve to ask and find out for sure Yikes
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat 07 Jul 2012, 10:39 am

PS, yes I know I'm a mile behind on publishing Journal articles. I'm going to try and get one or 2 done this morning.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 07 Jul 2012, 10:42 am

So you're the slacker Huw goes on about! Very Happy
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 07 Jul 2012, 10:52 am

There's a big Kiwi population in SEQ... however there's plenty here in Sydney too. It's quite scary seeing a big sea of all black supporters at a big game... they really come out of their shells overseas! Laugh

I know at least 3 people here who are Kiwis, follow NSW and prefer a Holden. Smile Ale

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jul 2012, 11:15 am

Bore da/morning all,

I had the best sleep in today, properly lush and wait for it I've woken up and....it's NOT raining! Yahoo (admittedly it's grey and overcast outside and looks like it could start any minute, but still...)

Just going to scoff some brecwast before heading out into the garden before the tennis starts.

Have wonderful days pawb Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jul 2012, 12:06 pm

It's raining over my neck of the woods Dreamer. Don't mean to be a dampner on your day.

Just on Brent Stewart's try. Great skill to get that down

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 07 Jul 2012, 12:26 pm

Fractions of Inches Rev... he's scored a few like that. He's a freak.

Wait 'til you see the last try... that was even better!

Warriors have just beaten the Gold Coast 32-14. They're looking very dangerous coming into the race for the finals. They've knocked off Wests-Tigers from 8th place.

In other news, another dismal performance from the Tahs losing 19-15 to the Brumbies on a miserable cold night.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 07 Jul 2012, 12:35 pm

What, only 20 degrees Rolling Eyes

Very Happy
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jul 2012, 12:47 pm

Yeah it was Line, Cooper Cronk's drop goal was a beaut too. I loved the commentators scoregasm. Think he did one after one of the tries too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jul 2012, 12:51 pm

An hour's gardening and it doesn't look like I've done anything mad I swear ivy is like a hydra.

A bit of the TdF, a bacon sarnie then on to the tennis for moi now.

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sat 07 Jul 2012, 1:04 pm

Munster v Stade Rochlais

10th August in La Rochelle Yahoo

Should hopefully manage to get to it. Fits in nicely with Chefs Bash
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zander Sat 07 Jul 2012, 1:08 pm

dreamer, should be good TdF stage today. Could be an exciting finish at the top of the mountain. Very Happy

Zander

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 07 Jul 2012, 1:12 pm

How long is the hedge, dreamer? Very Happy

The cricket is too painful for me to watch even though it's only a ODI.
So I'm watching le TdF to calm me down. Ah, that beautiful French countryside.... I'd like to be an The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Oxford - Page 11 19910 there in the woods.

Rev Laugh 'scoregasm' - just when you think it couldn't get more amazing - it does!
They love screaming at anything so when something really and truly amazing occurs... they go completely off the scales.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jul 2012, 1:35 pm

Zander - yeah finishing on a cat 1 climb, some riders are going to concede a lot of time I'm a thinking! Hope Wiggins is on tip top form today.

Breaker - it's not all that long. I chopped down half of it a couple of weeks ago so am just clearing the ground now, but seriously there's jut ivy everywhere. The chopping down of it was much more fun Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 07 Jul 2012, 1:49 pm

Dreamer - I do trimming in stages too.

Here you have to sort of clear a workspace before you get to the plant. There are so many fast growing shrubs which just overwhelm the place in summer. Most from South Africa or South America. Worst is the bougainvillea (nice to look at though) - massive thorns hidden amongst the soft stuff.

Lawns grow very quickly here too in summer. It can look like Wimbledon for a day then like the beard of Shaggy's face so soon after... Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Sat 07 Jul 2012, 2:08 pm

Oh I love bougainvillea, the colours are amazing when the sunlight hits them! Reminds of holidays in Greece Very Happy

Afternoon all cuppa

Trying to get chores done but I suspect Wimbledon will put paid to that!
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next