The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us about your game today...

+77
number1hacker
lorus59
4putt
matelot golfer
jockneyboy
Simba
mystiroakey
Mary
No1yankee
tarka
Marcus
oldparwin
Shotrock
JAS
hend085
shclaff
jeffkenna
1GrumpyGolfer
MustPuttBetter
ralphjohn69
Eyetoldyouso
Rangiora
JohnnyH
puligny
Humpyd
Bob_the_Job
Sand
Bagman
super_realist
Diggers
Adam D
Yadsendew
Hibbz
baboo800
Skydriver
cornwell74
beninho
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
dynamark
JPX
golfermartin
kwinigolfer
The_Phenom
raycastleunited
Baggiesfan_golfer
Rossa
BlueCoverman
DazBoredAtWork
birdie
Redrage
Doon the Water
Onetoanother
GG
5531stuart
sharrison01
SmithersJones
navyblueshorts
liegerwoods
Nay
haystongolfer
graeme
Lairdy
Mercurio
McLaren
Caf
Noshankingtonite
goodwalkspoiled
barragan
goldwolf
LadyPutt
Doc
GWR-Golfer
Maverick
oldshanker
LondonJonnyO
drive4show
Davie
81 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Tell us about your game today... - Page 10 Empty Tell us about your game today...

Post by Davie Sun 20 Mar 2011, 9:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

.. or yesterday or whenever your last game happened.

I played this morning - just a bounce game with one of my regular partners.

There had been a big competition yesterday at the club so the course was a bit quieter today than one might expect for a Sunday. 11:20 tee off as a two-ball and lots of other two balls out there with a couple of quick 4-balls so pace of play was brisk.

Those who have read my posts recently will know that I've been suffering with a nasty foot/ankle injury for a few months and it's just great to be out there at all at the moment. Thankfully the foot came through with flying colours though I think I've been favouring it for the last couple of weeks still and after the game today my knee was playing up but with luck that will just be a temporary setback.

A glorious day though in the Thames Valley with above average temperatures and the course was in remarkable nick for mid March.

The match itself was close for a long way. I felt I was playing reasonably well after not playing much of the winter and after losing the 2nd I levelled it on the 3rd and was one up after nine. Though I felt I was playing better than my opponent I couldn't shake him and he hung in there until I went 2 up on 15. Closed it out on 16 but was made to work for it.

Although it was matchplay I kept an estimated Stableford score and came in with 32 (estimated) points which I wasn't too disappointed with given lack of recent regular play. One NR and a couple of holes where a 3 pointer was well withing my grasp and ended with 1 point (short game was actually pretty good apart from those two nightmares)

Now looking forward to next weekend and a Stableford competition where I've been drawn with last year's captain and next year's!

Davie

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your game today... - Page 10 Empty Re: Tell us about your game today...

Post by SmithersJones Sat 23 Jul 2011, 8:07 pm

Managed to follow up my '606v2 Southern Open' victory with a very pleasing 38 points in the Professional Trophy today. Came 2nd on countback, but was more pleased with the prize (a Vokey wedge) than I would have been with the bloody great cart bag that was 1st prize (I always carry). Still had 3 doubles and 2 3 putts, so still plenty of room for improvement.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your game today... - Page 10 Empty Re: Tell us about your game today...

Post by drive4show Sat 23 Jul 2011, 8:16 pm

Well done SJ, very solid on Thursday ( furious ) so nice to keep the good form going! thumbsup

Keeping the wedge or turning it into Pro shop credit?

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sat 23 Jul 2011, 8:23 pm

drive4show wrote:Well done SJ, very solid on Thursday ( furious ) so nice to keep the good form going! thumbsup

Keeping the wedge or turning it into Pro shop credit?

Cheers D4s. As it's an exact replica of one I have already, and because I'm adding a 3 iron to the bag tomorrow I'm looking to swap it for a 910f 4 wood. Pro has already lent me a 3 wood demo club to try out, if I like it the 3 & 5 wood will be dropped to allow room for the 4 wood and the 3 iron, and depending on time of year and where I'm playing I'll have the option of any number of combinations of wedges, long irons and fairway woods. Still not inclined to try a hybrid, strangely.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sat 23 Jul 2011, 8:41 pm

SmithersJones wrote:Still not inclined to try a hybrid, strangely.

Quite the opposite for me, I ordered a 910h 19 degree from my pro today. It will be a 2 iron replacement, similar distance but much higher ball flight so gives me options depending on the type of course I'm playing.

The current Titleist range seems to be streets ahead of anything else right now, good choice thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sat 23 Jul 2011, 8:55 pm

Will try out the 3 wood tomorrow. Always been a Titleist fan, so looking forward to it. I see they do a 17 deg hybrid as well as fairway, but it's an inch and a half shorter so I'd prefer the fairway, especially since my home course has trees rather than rough, so lie is not an issue.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:26 am

Today's round was pretty awful with two bright spots.

I holed my first ever green side bunker shot today, This was followed by getting my first ever eagle, with a 3 wood onto the green and a good sized Putt.

This had the bonus effect of annoying my playing partner (8Handicap) who holed his second shot from 120 on a par 4 the hole before.

The rest of the round for myself was largely forgettable, and the fact I had not picked up a club in 2 weeks really showed.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:45 am

Nay Bother wrote:Today's round was pretty awful with two bright spots.

I holed my first ever green side bunker shot today, This was followed by getting my first ever eagle, with a 3 wood onto the green and a good sized Putt.

This had the bonus effect of annoying my playing partner (8Handicap) who holed his second shot from 120 on a par 4 the hole before.

The rest of the round for myself was largely forgettable, and the fact I had not picked up a club in 2 weeks really showed.
nice one (twice) nb. What with your mate's exploits as well, though, it all begs the question how big are the holes at your course?! Wink
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sun 24 Jul 2011, 1:22 pm

Ha ha

Still not big enough by the way rest of my round went Sad

Decided that i need lessons today though, as when i am not hitting it well, i have no idea why or what i'm doing different.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun 24 Jul 2011, 8:44 pm

I'd like a new putter please.

I cannot believe how BADLY I putted today - tee to green was pretty respectable

I counted SEVEN three-putts and a four-putt. It got to the stage where I felt I was going to three-stab from almost anywhere. Ended up with 28 points and felt I'd played fairly well APART from the dreaded flat stick.

Speed and line were atrocius - other than that it was perfect. I used to be a resonable putter .....

Sad

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Mon 25 Jul 2011, 7:54 pm

drive4show wrote:
SmithersJones wrote:Still not inclined to try a hybrid, strangely.

Quite the opposite for me, I ordered a 910h 19 degree from my pro today. It will be a 2 iron replacement, similar distance but much higher ball flight so gives me options depending on the type of course I'm playing.

The current Titleist range seems to be streets ahead of anything else right now, good choice thumbsup

I just knew you would succumb in the end you stubborn s0d Whistle
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue 26 Jul 2011, 1:45 pm

Going for the latest update on Mavette as I've been away for a while and there is plenty of online uncle's knocking on my door for feedback.

Well the original goal was she wanted to have a 12 handicap by her 12th birthday next year. She has worked hard and exceeded all expectations and is now off a playing handicap of 11 exact 11.1.

She has done well bagged a couple of wins and handicap has plummeted and now plateaud. She had her first bad competition 2 weeks ago at a 36 hole event at our own course, she went out in the morning and no matter what she tried it wasn't going her way and she shot a +16 round (+5 to handicap) she was unconsolable at first. We had a good chat about how no matter who you are there will be days when it just doesnt go your way. That afternoon went out an shot a 2nd consectutive round of +16. She did come away a little downbeat from that day, but had a chat to let her know once again it can't always be good and went onto the internet and showed her some scoreboards where some of her favourite players have had bad rounds and missed cuts, that seemed to register with her, was still quiet that evening. However went out the following day and won her quarter final in the ladies club championship and now has to face last years champion in the semi next week. Oh to be able to change moods as quickly as a child

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Yadsendew Tue 26 Jul 2011, 1:56 pm

Went out on Saturday and won, yes won, our old farts 50+ club competition with 40 points!! Got cut 1.2 shots so now playing off 11. Just one of those rounds when everything went good driving, irons and the old putter. Didn't even have to use my state of the art ball retriever once. Every dog has his day I suppose.

Yadsendew

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue 26 Jul 2011, 5:16 pm

In a word Rubbish.
Deadly slept in for our early start and joined me on the 5th after I had played the opening holes very poorly.
Despite his rude awakening Deadly went on to cover the next 10 holes in level par, playing beautifully. Have to speak to the handicap committee as he playing off 17.
I hit my first decent shot on the 10th and had a mini revival only to drop 4 shots on the last two holes.
Deadly came back to earth with two triple bogeys on the trot.
The only bright spot was my pitching off the firm fairways and my putting were fairly decent.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:37 pm

I haven't played today. I just wanted to see what the swear filter changed the word 'five knuckle shuffle' to.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:56 pm

Interesting 4BBB match today, especially in light of the debate on here about the quality of scratch and low handicappers these days.

Our opponents were off 1 and 2, so ten shots lower than my partner and I. We were therefore getting 8 shots each. Off the first tee, I went left into the trees, my partner just off the fairway left. They went into a bunker and OB left, and so with us receiving a shot and my partner hitting it to about 12 feet in 2, we won the first. The second is a short, driveable par 4 and was halved in 3s. I won't bore you with any more detail but suffice to say we were 4 over, and they were level par when we finished after 15. They made 3 birdies, none of them on the par 5s, and so of course they had 3 holes where they couldn't manage a par between them. Yet the way they behaved all the way round and then stormed off in a huff at the end you'd think they'd shot the lights out and been mugged by a pair of bandits (we were both just over our handicaps).

Interestingly, they'd both apparently turned pro and then got their amateur status back. Can't say I'm surprised they couldn't cut it!
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Tue 26 Jul 2011, 11:42 pm

Played in the club pairs 4BBB tonight. Lost 3 & 2, but one of my opponents was on fire and has been for the last 3-4 weeks. Didn't help that I didn't contribute until hole 12. I played a pile of 'poo' for the first 12, then finally started hitting the damn thing at the 13th.

Might be because I changed all of my grips last night and it took a little while to get used to them.................no probably not.

I've got my next round in the club singles on Thursday. If I play like this, it will be all over on the 10th green!

Mav - we were just wondering where you had dropped off to last Thursday at the meet at Old Fold Manor. We knew from bitter experience that this game always bites back at some stage. Looks like Mavette has just had her first nibble, but very laudable the way she has 'blitzed' through it. clap
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:20 am

Medal yesterday and played the worst ive played for many a year. Hurting a bit today but still desperate to get back out onto the course and play again and improve on yesterdays shambles.

Funny old game.

Although have played rubbish for a few weeks, maybe better practicing and not going onto the course for a wee while.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:14 pm

furious

Singles lost 5&4.

I was completely clueless on the greens. It's no good, I cannot continue leaking all of these shots on the greens. I will have to get some lessons with the flat stick.
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Fri 29 Jul 2011, 10:43 am

Merc.
The old 606 used to boot out 'interlocking grip'
That always made me curios?

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Fri 29 Jul 2011, 11:59 am

Doon the Water wrote:Merc.
The old 606 used to boot out 'interlocking grip'
That always made me curios?

If the interlocking grip was good enough for Jack and Tiger........

nuff said, 2 best golfers in my living memory.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sun 31 Jul 2011, 12:08 pm

Well today i shot bang on 100 (53 + 47), considering I took three 9's including on the 18th I cant be too disappointed. Stableford score would be 38

The short game is continuing to improve greatly, I managed to chip in playing over a bunker (meaning holed from off the green two weeks in a row), as well as lipping out and hitting the pin on a further two chips. And also taking 31 putts. (based on any time i have putter whether on green or not)

I did achieve my best run of par golf, which is now up to 3 holes with par, par, Birdie.

Now i need to stop costing myself shots from the tee, i lost 3 balls from wayward tee shots, and about another 5 shots chipping out trees.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sun 31 Jul 2011, 7:04 pm

Greensomes stableford trophy today. Partner and I stood on the par 5 18th tee, having played beautifully all morning, with 40 points already in the bag and 1 under par gross.

Both pushed our drives into the trees and from there managed to contrive to make 7 for nothing and lost on countback! steam

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sun 31 Jul 2011, 7:23 pm

Had a very enjoyable 18 holes with puligny this afternoon, wasn't sparkling golf but there were some good holes (lovely eagle on 17 by puligny!) Excellent company as always round a cracking course and blessed with perfect golfing weather.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun 31 Jul 2011, 8:13 pm

What a difference 24 hours makes. I'd rather not say too much about Saturday except it was a medal comp (which means writing down all those nasty large numbers instead of just finishing the hole with the ball in your pocket).

The details are too painful to go into, but let's just say as I stood on the 16th tee I was in shape to return a score that was never going to win any prizes but which was hovering around my buffer zone. The last 3 holes were like something from a video nasty (16 and 17 are quite capable of doing that to you but 18 was no excuse)

Today was just a friendly (though fiercely contested) 4BBB match. We were never behind, but never more that 2 up (after 6). 1 up after 9 - level after 11 and stayed that way until the 18th tee.

Played the 18th beautifully and just lipped out a gross birdie putt but the par was good enough to win by one hole

I challenge anyone to guess how many strokes I improved on just the last three holes between Saturday and Sunday. As a clue, I'm a 22 h/c so capable of playing some great shots but also some shockers (or several in a row). The other clue, if it makes a difference is the last three holes are pars 5, 3 and 5. Guess away, though I'm almost ashamed to admit the answer

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sun 31 Jul 2011, 9:33 pm

Ok i am intrigued Davie,

How many i will guess at 4

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 01 Aug 2011, 5:54 am

I know I'm going to regret this .... but it was MUCH more than that Shocked

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Mon 01 Aug 2011, 7:52 am

Ok, if it is anything like when lose the plot, i will guess you went 8, 5, 9

Meaning it was 9 shots

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 01 Aug 2011, 7:56 am

Even worse Sad

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon 01 Aug 2011, 9:53 am

Youll like this Usual 4 ball on sat white tees.I made 36 points with 3 shortish putts missed .My friends son age 17 playing off 8 shot 5 under gross for 49 points nett 60 no bogies and missed 2 very makeable putts.last hole par 5 he had a 6 iron in second shot and played his worse shot of the day plonking it in the front bunker.Could be the best round of his life,
He has been threatening for a while and recieved a 1 shot cut.Now hes got all summer to play and improve

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon 01 Aug 2011, 10:14 am

dynamark wrote:Youll like this Usual 4 ball on sat white tees.I made 36 points with 3 shortish putts missed .My friends son age 17 playing off 8 shot 5 under gross for 49 points nett 60 no bogies and missed 2 very makeable putts.last hole par 5 he had a 6 iron in second shot and played his worse shot of the day plonking it in the front bunker.Could be the best round of his life,
He has been threatening for a while and recieved a 1 shot cut.Now hes got all summer to play and improve

1 shot cut? Was this in a competition?

Blimey, what a generous handicap secretary you have Shocked

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 01 Aug 2011, 10:36 am

Bloody hell if I had been cut by 1 everytime I shot a 68 in a sunday knock about with some mates i would currently be playing of about +5.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Mon 01 Aug 2011, 10:37 am

Monthly medal yesterday - I was 9 over for the front nine...but had six pars...to say it was up and down might shatter the world understatement record. Back nine was so-so, and I was mostly concentrating on our own little internal game.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Mon 01 Aug 2011, 10:39 am

I managed to walk!! yes Walk nine holes yesterday with little mavette in her Semi final for club championship. The mind was willing to do more but didn't want to push the leg any harder especially as our back 9 is more undulating so at this point I retreated to clubhouse for a bite to eat and catch some sun on the balcony.

Her first 9 was very close she was playing some nice stuff but her oppenent was draining putts from everywhere meaning she was 2 down at the turn. I gave her a nod to say I was leaving her after her tee shot at the 10th and letting her get on with it. the match was being played off scratch as they are both off 11.

By the time she got to the 18th I assumed the match was still live as they were stalking there putts on the green. She won the 18th thanks to a missed putt by the lady she was playing meanin they had to go back down the first. I didn't watch what was going on but she returned to the clubhouse with a smile about 25minutes later and turns out she won on the 2nd extra hole with a par.

So i'm proud again of my little gal and proud of my now slightly throbbing knee. She has the final of the Club Championship on Sunday 28th August which happens to be my birthday so hoping to be able follow the whole round as i'm told the ladies section all come out to follow the final and my hitch a ride in a buggy from one of them.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Mon 01 Aug 2011, 10:41 am

drive4show wrote:
dynamark wrote:Youll like this Usual 4 ball on sat white tees.I made 36 points with 3 shortish putts missed .My friends son age 17 playing off 8 shot 5 under gross for 49 points nett 60 no bogies and missed 2 very makeable putts.last hole par 5 he had a 6 iron in second shot and played his worse shot of the day plonking it in the front bunker.Could be the best round of his life,

1 shot cut? Was this in a competition?

Blimey, what a generous handicap secretary you have Shocked

If he was off say 8.3 (therefore 8 in competition), then he shot 13 under his h'cap, so gets cut 0.1 for each shot. So goes down to 7 - is that not the way it works??
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Mon 01 Aug 2011, 10:45 am

Cut a whole shot well category 2 player so thats 0.2 off for each shot below the CSS. So assuming CSS was Par thats a total of 2.6 shots! So if he was off 8.0 that'd be a cut to 5.5. Which is a huge cut but one i have seen a long time ago,

So I can only assume that though this was his best ever round scoring must have been seriously low to only lose 1 shot and be cut to 7.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Mon 01 Aug 2011, 10:52 am

Ahhh - didn't know it was 0.2 per shot at that level
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by Humpyd Mon 01 Aug 2011, 1:16 pm

Mav, great news about Little Mavette's semi final win. Bet you are chuffed. I know it must be very frustrating not being able to play yourself but seeing your flesh and blood keeping the Mav flag flying must be very satisfying.

As for my game, played well yesterday. Had a 78 so 2 under handicap. And that included a triple!!

Key to my good round was decent putting. Didn't 3 putt once and holed a few long ones too. Decided to adopt the 'no practice putt' philisophy and it seemed to work (this week!). Just lined up, putter behind the ball, take a good, hard look at the hole (visualising the ball dropping in) and then just stroke the putt. Another thing I tried was to take the putter back a little less than normal thus meaning I have to accelerate through the ball.

I'm sure it'll all change when I next play and it doesn't work as well but I'm a happy bunny at present.

Humpyd

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon 01 Aug 2011, 3:57 pm

The nett 60 was not in comp couple of conceded putts.But off the whites.Handicap sec is our other partner so no escape.The lad was 1 under thru 12 last week in a club match(when the match finished 7 and 6).He would have gone down to 6 under mormal rules but 1 shot cut was decided upon.I have to play him nearly every week and Im thinking of setting up a direct debit!

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon 01 Aug 2011, 4:12 pm

Sounds a bit dodgy to me, he shouldn't be shooting scores like that on a regular basis off his handicap. Does he enter singles strokeplay competitions? Is there a bit of handicap protection going on here?

At least your handicap secretary is applying rule 19 to him, it's a start!

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon 01 Aug 2011, 4:24 pm

D4S .Its genuine.He plays in most of the comps and has come down from 12 in a year.2 weeks out of 3 we play in the same group and he has developed physically and in the head dept.Just a dream day great conditions and from the first shot(he hit 5 wood way past my drive)everything went right.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Mon 01 Aug 2011, 5:03 pm

dynamark wrote:D4S .Its genuine.He plays in most of the comps and has come down from 12 in a year.2 weeks out of 3 we play in the same group and he has developed physically and in the head dept.Just a dream day great conditions and from the first shot(he hit 5 wood way past my drive)everything went right.

I have occasional days when everything goes right.

Unfortunately, I have them in about equal proportion when everything goes left (push, pull, slice, hook, top, fat - I have all the shots...).

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Mon 01 Aug 2011, 7:15 pm

I find this odd too. In order for a nett 60 to be worth 49pts without any blobs (you've said no bogies so this has to be the case) the par for your course needs to be 73. I might be wrong but I'm not sure there are many courses, if any, where this is the case.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Mon 01 Aug 2011, 10:44 pm

Doesn't need to be par 73 - 36 pts is level nett whatever the par, handicap 8 for gross nett would be 44 pts and 5 under gross would add 5 equaling 49 pts.
Every golfer at some point has his/her best ever round - this could be the case aged 17!!!!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue 02 Aug 2011, 8:57 am

Par 73 and about 6400 yds.None of the 4s are reachable in 1 but he left some short approach shots and of the 5 par 5s he only went for the last in 2 and left it short(tbf there is OB just behind and to the right of the green).
the last used to be a 5 but at 480yds into the wind it was changed to a 5.
Two big comps next 2 weeks see if it was a fluke I doubt it TBH.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by haystongolfer Tue 02 Aug 2011, 10:41 am

Playing today in my first Seniors Open which is a bit of a coming of age moment. It's at my own club so it should be fun.

haystongolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue 02 Aug 2011, 11:13 am

haystongolfer wrote:Playing today in my first Seniors Open which is a bit of a coming of age moment. It's at my own club so it should be fun.

Best of luck, those events aren't too far off for me now either Crying or Very sad

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue 02 Aug 2011, 12:07 pm

I tried when i was first eligible but no more.Unfortunately some of the guys have a different set of rules and some strange handicaps best of kuck

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 02 Aug 2011, 1:01 pm

puligny wrote:Doesn't need to be par 73 - 36 pts is level nett whatever the par, handicap 8 for gross nett would be 44 pts and 5 under gross would add 5 equaling 49 pts.
Every golfer at some point has his/her best ever round - this could be the case aged 17!!!!

You are wrong. In order to score 49pts playing off 8 you have to be 5 under par gross (assuming no blobs). Given that we've been told he scored 60 nett with no bogies (meaning no blobs) he needs to have gone round in 68 gross. So if 68 gross has to be 5 under par, the par has to be 73.

Turns out it was anyway so very well played I say.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Yadsendew Tue 02 Aug 2011, 1:10 pm

I had my best round ever on Sunday! Scored 43 Stableford points playing of 11.0. Expecting to be castrated and could be down to less than 9.5 will find out tonight. Somehow I've managed to find a 'purple patch' after years of searching on E-bay. I've had some really good scores over the last month or so but I've no idea where it's come from Shocked

Yadsendew

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue 02 Aug 2011, 1:15 pm

Yas .Well played if its 9 .I find that this time of year late summer the scores tend come on a bit.Plenty of run better greens and playing more regularily gives confidence.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next