The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Haye 'walks the streets embarrassed in his own country', taunts Wladimir Klitschko

+22
superflyweight
hogey
sodhat
fearlessBamber
Mind the windows Tino.
Nico the gman
rayford gibson
oxring
Strongback
JDandfries
manos de piedra
azania
BallchinianMuffwig
Rowley
KingMonkey
rycoys
OasisBFC
ShahenshahG
AlexHuckerby
The Galveston Giant
Super D Boon
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

David Haye 'walks the streets embarrassed in his own country', taunts Wladimir Klitschko - Page 2 Empty David Haye 'walks the streets embarrassed in his own country', taunts Wladimir Klitschko

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 24 Nov 2011, 5:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/boxing/8911892/David-Haye-walks-the-streets-embarrassed-in-his-own-country-taunts-Wladimir-Klitschko.html

Quality interview from Wlad.

Made me laugh a little.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

David Haye 'walks the streets embarrassed in his own country', taunts Wladimir Klitschko - Page 2 Empty Re: David Haye 'walks the streets embarrassed in his own country', taunts Wladimir Klitschko

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 25 Nov 2011, 1:10 pm

[quote="DAVE667"]So, after ONE poor losing performance, is Haye not allowed to seek redemption? Personally, I think he is but I can see how many would prefer it if it was a relatively low key affair even if it ends up being a match with Vitali.

Audley's looking for redemption also but given the number of chances he's had to prove he's got what it takes, I can see why people are cynical. Haye's opened his mouth and fallen well short of his own lofty expectations, but is that enough to write him off?

Let's not forget, if we did this with every other fighter who'd come a cropper, no-one would be talking about Wlad after his loss to the woeful Ross Purity, never mind his other high profile losses. Look at the calibre of fighter Wlad lost to then compare that with Haye's losses andt does seem a tad harsh that we're expected to write Haye off.

Yes it was a massive let down but was it any more disappointing than Hatton's tilts at Floyd or Manny?[/quote]

A lot more for me, Hatton came to fight and gave value for money.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

David Haye 'walks the streets embarrassed in his own country', taunts Wladimir Klitschko - Page 2 Empty Re: David Haye 'walks the streets embarrassed in his own country', taunts Wladimir Klitschko

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Nov 2011, 1:11 pm

Hatton also took a couple of rebuilding fights before going back in with the cream of the crop.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 25 Nov 2011, 1:12 pm

Hatton did come in for some stick after the Pacquiao performance to be fair. Especially with the "bet your mortgage" comment.

Its a combiantion of reasons with Haye rather than a single reason. His behaviour, his performance, the quality of the opponent he is facing next.

Again with Hatton, like Lewis, he took two steps back. New trainer, a warm up fight to keep sharp and rebuild and then one of his career best performances against a top divisional contender in Malignaggi.

Were Haye to do something similar Im sure opinions would change. But to be out of the ring for 18 months and just step back in on the back of a comprehensive defeat against the older Klitschko is imprudent for his actual chances of winning and will lead people to think hes just in it for another survival based payday.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2011, 1:25 pm

So, SHAH, Hatton's kamikaze act against Manny was more honourable than Haye's was it? Forget all about training tactics, planning etc and just wade in with your chin in the air and get KO'd on five minutes flat? Strange opinion you have there.

Haye did give it a go, it's just that his efforts were negated by a better fighter on the night...much like Wlad did with 50+ other opponents. Why is it so much of a disgrace for Haye to fail when so many others have done the same thing?

I can honestly say that having watched the build-up to both Manny/Hatton and Haye/Wlad, at the end of both fights, I was infinitely more disappointed in Hatton....and let's not forget the unsavoury sight of Ricky having a little pool party the day after whilst thousands of disappointed and SKINT Hatton supporters trudged home.

Galveston wrote - A lot more for me, Hatton came to fight and gave value for money.

Don't think that five minute annihilation was anything remotely clse to VFM fella. Don't get me wrong, Haye's fight with Wlad was the very definition of screaming frustration, but Hatton's fans had only just put their drinks down before it was time to go home again. they got mugged just as badly as Ricky.

by rowley on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:11 pm

Hatton also took a couple of rebuilding fights before going back in with the cream of the crop.

As I said before and, alluding to your earlier comment re addressing flaws, who exactly is there for Haye to fight that is going to give him the opportunity to work how to get past the K's? The other guys at HW might help him shake off the ring rust but they're not going to be any use in figuring out how to beat Wlad or Vitali. I agree with you entirely about taking a few warm up fights instead of expecting the British public to cough up their hard earned cash for another HW title shot, but ultimately, they'd simply be little more than sparring sessions.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 25 Nov 2011, 1:28 pm

Wlad's comment is totally wrong.

I doubt Haye walks anywhere, he probably has a personal chauffeur now.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Nov 2011, 1:35 pm

Dave am not sure the likes of Povetkin or Solis would be little more than sparring, people keep saying Haye is above them and clearly the third best heavy in the world but has he really done much in the ring to prove this?

Whilst they may not be stylistically similar to either brother I personally think rounds that actually have the potential to be competitive would be priceless to Haye, should he want to have any chance against either brother.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 25 Nov 2011, 1:36 pm

Nobody was impressed with Hattons performance against Pacquiao. More or less everyone called for him to retire. He was criticized. Had he announced he was fighting a top name straight after I cant imagine too many people would be sold on it.

Having a tune up fight is important for rebuilding confidence, staying sharp and getting the public back on board. He needs to convince people hes serious.

Theres nobody out there as good as the Klitschkos but it still doesnt mean he shouldnt take another fight. I doubt Malignaggi was much preparation for Pacquiao. But it did allow Hatton to test what changes he had made and what he had been doing in the gym competitively.

Im not saying he should fight a Bobby Gunn or somebody just for the sake of it. I saying he should take on a decent divisional contender. One of the "bums" he has been criticizing for years now. A good solid competitive fight would be a definate plus.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 25 Nov 2011, 1:42 pm

Haye-Dimitrenko.

A decent but not that good big man. Perfect
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2011, 1:43 pm

I don't think he needs rounds though, he needs to know how to get in range of a tall rangy fighter with a good jab and defence. To those in the know, beating Solis or Povetkin isn't going to have them thinking, "Hey, I reckon he has a chance against Vitali now." and those casual fans stung first time round are bound to be a tad more sceptical this time.

However, much of this is moot as 50,000 will turn up to watch Vitali fight and they won't give a hoot who he faces. May as well be Haye. I say get on with it david, but keep quiet and let us know how you get on.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 25 Nov 2011, 1:49 pm

Not sure I would agree there. If he beat Solis or Povetkin that would be by far his best career win for me and would go along way towards me boosting his chances as well as getting the public behind him again. I wouldnt make him any better than 60/40 against those guys though.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Nov 2011, 1:51 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Not sure I would agree there. If he beat Solis or Povetkin that would be by far his best career win for me and would go along way towards me boosting his chances as well as getting the public behind him again. I wouldnt make him any better than 60/40 against those guys though.

Would also mean irrespective of the result against Vitali he could retire with the tag of best of the rest without too many arguments.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 25 Nov 2011, 1:51 pm

DAVE667 wrote:So, SHAH, Hatton's kamikaze act against Manny was more honourable than Haye's was it? Forget all about training tactics, planning etc and just wade in with your chin in the air and get KO'd on five minutes flat? Strange opinion you have there.

Haye did give it a go, it's just that his efforts were negated by a better fighter on the night...much like Wlad did with 50+ other opponents. Why is it so much of a disgrace for Haye to fail when so many others have done the same thing?

I can honestly say that having watched the build-up to both Manny/Hatton and Haye/Wlad, at the end of both fights, I was infinitely more disappointed in Hatton....and let's not forget the unsavoury sight of Ricky having a little pool party the day after whilst thousands of disappointed and SKINT Hatton supporters trudged home.

Galveston wrote - A lot more for me, Hatton came to fight and gave value for money.

Don't think that five minute annihilation was anything remotely clse to VFM fella. Don't get me wrong, Haye's fight with Wlad was the very definition of screaming frustration, but Hatton's fans had only just put their drinks down before it was time to go home again. they got mugged just as badly as Ricky.

by rowley on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:11 pm

As I said before and, alluding to your earlier comment re addressing flaws, who exactly is there for Haye to fight that is going to give him the opportunity to work how to get past the K's? The other guys at HW might help him shake off the ring rust but they're not going to be any use in figuring out how to beat Wlad or Vitali. I agree with you entirely about taking a few warm up fights instead of expecting the British public to cough up their hard earned cash for another HW title shot, but ultimately, they'd simply be little more than sparring sessions.

cowpat. Hayes best opponent was Valuev - who was slapped around by Chagev - Haye hasn't tested himself at heavy and there at least 4 who might give him a go Solis, Povetkin, Chagaev,Dimetrenko or even someone like Helenius who has only had 16 fights. Who has Haye beaten than makes him third best heavy?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri 25 Nov 2011, 2:02 pm

I think Solis would beat him, but think haye beat the likes of Dimintrenk and Povetkin.

Lets face it though, Haye is to arrogant to take any of these lot on and will most likely only fight if its v a K bro!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2011, 3:05 pm

rowley wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:Not sure I would agree there. If he beat Solis or Povetkin that would be by far his best career win for me and would go along way towards me boosting his chances as well as getting the public behind him again. I wouldnt make him any better than 60/40 against those guys though.

Would also mean irrespective of the result against Vitali he could retire with the tag of best of the rest without too many arguments.

Again I'd be sceptical. I think the British Press would be keen to pull apart anything Haye does next. Haye beats Solis and it's..."Wow, Haye beat a man Vitali dispatched in a round (irrespective of blown ACL) or "Wow, Haye beat a man too scared to get into the ring with either K Bro." It's a total lose/lose for Haye so he may as well go straight for Vitali if that's what VK is happy to do (that's Vitali not Vlad!!!!).

The press are looking to rip any and all British sportsmen to shreds at the minute. I wouldn't be an English Rugby player for all the tea in Harrods and if Haye sticks his head above the parapet, he's likely to get it blown off. Best thing would be for him to take the Vitali fight and accept his underdog tag, do the German promotion (and say sweet FA to the English press). If he loses, they don't think any less of him...if he wins, he rubs their noses in it. Either way, he makes a few quid.

Last edited by DAVE667 on Fri 25 Nov 2011, 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Dropped a bracket, found it again and inserted it)

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 25 Nov 2011, 3:26 pm

Wlad was almost as bigger girl blouse as Haye, only real difference between the 2 negative fighters on the night was that Wlad's reach allowed him to land a bit and still fight scared.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 25 Nov 2011, 3:29 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
rowley wrote:

Again I'd be sceptical. I think the British Press would be keen to pull apart anything Haye does next. Haye beats Solis and it's..."Wow, Haye beat a man Vitali dispatched in a round (irrespective of blown ACL) or "Wow, Haye beat a man too scared to get into the ring with either K Bro." It's a total lose/lose for Haye so he may as well go straight for Vitali if that's what VK is happy to do (that's Vitali not Vlad!!!!).

The press are looking to rip any and all British sportsmen to shreds at the minute. I wouldn't be an English Rugby player for all the tea in Harrods and if Haye sticks his head above the parapet, he's likely to get it blown off. Best thing would be for him to take the Vitali fight and accept his underdog tag, do the German promotion (and say sweet FA to the English press). If he loses, they don't think any less of him...if he wins, he rubs their noses in it. Either way, he makes a few quid.

I think that's the problem though, we are the idiots who would pay him that few quid and we would want to know his true intent.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Nov 2011, 3:31 pm

hogey wrote:Wlad was almost as bigger girl blouse as Haye, only real difference between the 2 negative fighters on the night was that Wlad's reach allowed him to land a bit and still fight scared.

Whether that is true or not, and I'm really not sure it is, the difference is Wlad was winning the rounds and by extension the fight so whilst you may not have cared for his tactics they were acheiving their ultimate aim. Haye's were not, hence the pressure to change very much rested at his door.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri 25 Nov 2011, 3:38 pm

I cant imagine if Wlad was losing so obviously, like Haye was, that he would have just accepted it and tried not to get KO'd

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2011, 3:49 pm

As a paying customer Rowley you're well within your rights to expect something for investing in Haye's next tilt at a World title. All your comments re making the necessary adjustments are valid and reasonable and as such, you'd be right to be aggrieved if he went in using the same plan against Wlad.

My gut feeling though is that the only fighters who can prepare you for facing the K's...are the K's (especially Vitali who is as awkward as they come) and there is nothing to be gained from facing the likes of Solis etc if you aim to to try and convince people you have what it takes to topple the Champions.

I agree entirely that Haye shouldn't be gifted an automatic shot but I honestly can't see the press/public stomaching an additional two bouts against fighters who do nothing to improve Haye's chance of winning the World title.

by JDandfries on Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:38 pm

I cant imagine if Wlad was losing so obviously, like Haye was, that he would have just accepted it and tried not to get KO'd

Yet when floored by Sanders, he insisted on hanging his chin out to dry and was lambasted for being amatuerish and naive for not trying to hold and clear his head. Behind on points, you'd honestly expect someone as naturally cautious as Wlad to throw everything but the kitchen sink in order to get the win? Sorry bud but I think Wlad would keep plugging away gamely and hope his original plan worked eventually.

Seems to be a lot of Haye bashing just for the sake of it one here. I don't mind Haye being criticised for his negativity but when we start venturing into the realms of fantasy where Wlad suddenly starts fighting like Erik Morales, I think some folk might need a lie down.

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 25 Nov 2011, 3:57 pm

When exactly did you become a monstrous Haye fan Dave? I'd noticed it in the run up to WladiK - but I can't remember for the life of me where it all started. What infatuated you about him?

PS - has your quote button broken? If so, let me know, there might be a fault. If not, please use it.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri 25 Nov 2011, 4:06 pm

As a unified World Champion, I would expect that he would value his titles more than to just plug away, if he ever got to a stage where he was something like 6-1-1

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 25 Nov 2011, 4:14 pm

oxring wrote:When exactly did you become a monstrous Haye fan Dave? I'd noticed it in the run up to WladiK - but I can't remember for the life of me where it all started. What infatuated you about him?

PS - has your quote button broken? If so, let me know, there might be a fault. If not, please use it.

I was thinking that earlier. At any rate I seriously don't know why haye wont fight the other lot - I think he can make a reasonable amount of money fighting two of the chasing pack - then he should do it and fight vitali. Dave has a fair point that theres not much he can learn from these fights except get rid of some ring rust, but he needs to be able to throw combos and move. The one punch didn't work against Wlad - he of the glass chin fame and it definately won't work against Vitali. If he is more aggressive - will that play into vitali's hands? If he adopts the same strategy - does Vitali cut him off then batter him senseless?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2011, 5:30 pm

Bloody hell, I've been an avid supporter of Haye for years, I thought it was running joke back on the old 606 re my David Haye nut-huggery. Certainly not a new phenomenon..unlike my tempered attitude towards him strolling back into the HW frame.

Maybe the prospect of fatherhood had toughened and softened me in equal measure.

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 25 Nov 2011, 5:34 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Bloody hell, I've been an avid supporter of Haye for years, I thought it was running joke back on the old 606 re my David Haye nut-huggery. Certainly not a new phenomenon..unlike my tempered attitude towards him strolling back into the HW frame.

Maybe the prospect of fatherhood had toughened and softened me in equal measure.

Passed me by. When does fatherhood start?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Fri 25 Nov 2011, 5:52 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Bloody hell, I've been an avid supporter of Haye for years, I thought it was running joke back on the old 606 re my David Haye nut-huggery. Certainly not a new phenomenon..unlike my tempered attitude towards him strolling back into the HW frame.

Oh congratulations Dave. I've got 3 boys.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2011, 7:38 pm

[quote="oxring"]

Maybe the prospect of fatherhood had toughened and softened me in equal measure.[/quote

My daughter's due in about 10 weeks

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 25 Nov 2011, 9:01 pm

Nice one, Dave. My little girl is almost 6 months old and is just amazing. All the best to you and the missus and the wee one when she comes.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 25 Nov 2011, 9:17 pm

Congrats mate . own little one was born two weeks yesterday. Be prepared for sudden needs to shadowbox at random moments in preparation for when the suitors come calling about 20 years time! Laugh

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by monzon Fri 25 Nov 2011, 9:31 pm

Even with all the trash-talking before the event, had Haye admitted afterwards to being schooled and swallowed a bit of humble pie, i'd have been well up for him having a shot at Vitali, or, if possible, a rematch with Wlad in the UK, unlikely as that would've been for several reasons. Anyone can have an off-day. Awful performance or not, he was still the most exciting fighter in the division, and capable of sticking bums on seats.

Sadly, he let himself down, and...well, the potential for a rematch just doesn't whet the appetite.

I have to admit that i was one of those lapping up Haye's pre-fight antics, and have always been staunchly anti-Klitschko, but i came away from that fight, and the press stuff that came afterwards, with a newfound respect for both brothers. Wlad was the bigger man in the ring and out of it, and any potential future Haye may or may not have in heavyweight boxing, much as he'd like to think he's his own master, is left in the palm of others to do with as they see fit. Perhaps there's a certain amount of poetic justice there.

Course, Haye could always force their hand by knuckling down and getting past a couple of the other also-rans, but you get the impression he'd much rather be a celebrity.

monzon

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 25 Nov 2011, 9:34 pm

[quote="DAVE667"]
oxring wrote:

Maybe the prospect of fatherhood had toughened and softened me in equal measure.[/quote

Congrats big man. Good luck with sleep for the next 3 months!
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 25 Nov 2011, 9:37 pm

[quote="oxring"]
DAVE667 wrote:
oxring wrote:

Congrats big man. Good luck with sleep for the next 3 months!

3 months? I remember the first 12 months until my old man told me to ensure my missus stays on the side of the bed closer to the door so she can get up without disturbing me. It worked!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 25 Nov 2011, 10:18 pm

You'll put him off the idea Az!
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by rayford gibson Fri 25 Nov 2011, 10:28 pm

monzon wrote:Even with all the trash-talking before the event, had Haye admitted afterwards to being schooled and swallowed a bit of humble pie, i'd have been well up for him having a shot at Vitali, or, if possible, a rematch with Wlad in the UK, unlikely as that would've been for several reasons. Anyone can have an off-day. Awful performance or not, he was still the most exciting fighter in the division, and capable of sticking bums on seats.

Sadly, he let himself down, and...well, the potential for a rematch just doesn't whet the appetite.

The point is he got it wrong. Ward & Dirrell danced and got decisions, as did Haye (valuev), Groves & Khan (Maidana). I reckon it was fashion and Haye thought he'd nail it. Don't give him a chance against Vitali but no one mentions he's the only guy to mark Wlad for years.

rayford gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Nov 2011, 10:28 am

Not to labour the point too much but I do find it slightly ironic that the K Boys who criticised Haye for his trash talk are now engaging in a similar tactic. How strange that two fighters who many on here consider to be class acts are now attempting to seek a fight with the man they call an embarrassment.

This suggests the K's know that Haye is still probably the best fight out there for them in terms of competition, marketability and cash generation. If he was so bad wouldn't they just leave him to wallow in supposed self pity?

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sat 26 Nov 2011, 11:45 pm

Their trash talk is entertaining and much more classy, Dave. Haye's failed in both those categories.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 26 Nov 2011, 11:51 pm

He may have failed to be classy but if it wasn't for Haye that fight wouldn't have made half the money it did. So it was pretty successful.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 27 Nov 2011, 7:36 pm

Sorry to see a guywho was so succesful getting such a rough time from his own...

Haye put Britain on the map......you want to remember that.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 27 Nov 2011, 7:38 pm

Truss he did what he had to do. The Klitschkos weren't taking any notice of him so he talked himself into the fight. He also talked up the fight and because of that they made a lot of money.

I hope he stays retired he was a good fighter not great imo but I can't see him having any more success against Vitali than he did with Wlad.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by monzon Mon 28 Nov 2011, 11:51 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Sorry to see a guywho was so succesful getting such a rough time from his own...

Firstly, Haye most definitely didn't "put Britain on the map". He's never even been that popular amongst most British fight fans i know.

Secondly, perhaps some of us don't consider nationality that important when it comes to liking fighters? A good fighter's a good fighter, wherever they come from, and a bad one's a bad one. Haye was an excellent cruiserweight and an unremarkable heavyweight, despite landing a world belt.

monzon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 28 Nov 2011, 11:55 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Fair point because I had never heard of Britain before Haye beat Mormeck.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 28 Nov 2011, 11:58 am

Haye put Britain on the map in as good a way as GW Bush put USA on the map!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 28 Nov 2011, 12:08 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

He didn't draw much attention around the rest of the world.

You want to remember that and not make up airy fairy statements.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 28 Nov 2011, 3:25 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Because of Haye's nonsense before, during and after the fight??? Agree though that he gave it a go. I don't think Haye's performance was as lamentable as people make out , he was just totally neutralised by Wlad who I thought was excellent on the night. Haye lacks an alround game, doesn't box well behind the jab, can't neutralise his opponents jab and is just not that good a boxer. Raid in and out tactics work against the mediocre light heavies/heavy wannabies of the cruiser division but won't get him past the likes of Klitschko.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 28 Nov 2011, 3:28 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Not to labour the point too much but I do find it slightly ironic that the K Boys who criticised Haye for his trash talk are now engaging in a similar tactic. How strange that two fighters who many on here consider to be class acts are now attempting to seek a fight with the man they call an embarrassment.

This suggests the K's know that Haye is still probably the best fight out there for them in terms of competition, marketability and cash generation. If he was so bad wouldn't they just leave him to wallow in supposed self pity?

I think he deserves to be panned after the rubbish he spouted about Wlad before the fight. Some of the stuff "Hitler parodies" come to mind were beyond the pale. As for your second point I really hope NOT to see Haye given a chance at salvation. He doesn't deserve it. Surely Vitali has enough money by now.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Nov 2011, 4:44 pm

Not arguing that Haye deserves the stick for the "publicity" which veered towards the unsavoury at times, but my point is that the K's claim to be above such trivial matters and let their fists do the talking and yet here we now find Wlad goading Haye with a view to getting him to sign for a fight with Vitali.

One could argue that for all their protestations of class and grace, we now have a situation where the less articulate (dumb) brother is so incapable of waging a war of words with Haye, he now has to get his slighty more articulate brother to do the work for him.

"Hey, our kid, you get him into the ring for me and I'll knock him out cos you couldn't!"

Transpose the word "Klitschko" for "Gallagher" and it wouldn't be so appealing, would it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:43 pm

I see your point Daveo but the thing with the older K bro, I don't think it's that he's "dumb" as you say, being owner of a PhD (okay it was in sports or something lame like that) I think it's because Wlad's aptitude in the English language is far better than Vitali's. Heard them both in interviews and it's clear Vitali struggles a bit.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Nov 2011, 6:42 pm

What a load of class-less Haye bashers.....

Dear oh dear the thought of supporting one of your own brings you all out in a rash..doesn't it...

When Hatton was found out it brought much gloating..people couldn't wait to say he was overrated...same with Khan post-Prescott..

Succesful Brits......loathed by the rest.. instead of admired...

like they should be....

If Haye was American I'd have been proud of his achievements...

He has much to be proud of..

Poor..poor stuff.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Mon 28 Nov 2011, 8:21 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:What a load of class-less Haye bashers.....

Dear oh dear the thought of supporting one of your own brings you all out in a rash..doesn't it...

When Hatton was found out it brought much gloating..people couldn't wait to say he was overrated...same with Khan post-Prescott..

Succesful Brits......loathed by the rest.. instead of admired...

like they should be....

If Haye was American I'd have been proud of his achievements...

He has much to be proud of..

i agree , shameful , 1 bad night doent make him bad boxer, hes class and hopefully he will prove this against vit

Poor..poor stuff.

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2