The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wladimir Klitschko v David Haye (WBA, WBO, IBF, IBO, Ring Magazine Titles) Fight Thread

+14
Mark2011
sportform
Knowsit17
drive4show
westybeast
The Galveston Giant
Seanusarrilius
TRUSSMAN66
Strongback
Sugar Boy Sweetie
legendkillar
sweet_pea
BALTIMORA
Duty281
18 posters

Go down

Wladimir Klitschko v David Haye (WBA, WBO, IBF, IBO, Ring Magazine Titles) Fight Thread Empty Wladimir Klitschko v David Haye (WBA, WBO, IBF, IBO, Ring Magazine Titles) Fight Thread

Post by Duty281 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 6:23 pm

The biggest fight of the year being shown in over 140 countries is taking place tonight in Hamburg.

Wladimir Klitschko (55-3, 49 KO) the favourite and more expierenced but David Haye (25-1, 23 KO) has speed and raw power on his side. The broadcast on SKY BOX OFFICE commences from 8PM, the big fight should be around 10:30 ish. I'm going for Haye by KO in the 6th. The undercard is as follows:

Ola Afolabi vs. Terry Dunstan, 12 rounds, cruiserweights

Ashley Sexton vs. Mike Robinson, 8 rounds, junior bantamweights

Tony Harrison vs. Uwe Tritschler, 4 rounds, junior middleweights

Ryan Aston vs. TBA, 4 rounds, middleweights

Gabor Veto vs. James Kimori, 4 or 6 rounds, junior welterweights

David knock him out! David, David knock him out!

Last edited by Duty281 on Sat 02 Jul 2011, 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Wladimir Klitschko v David Haye (WBA, WBO, IBF, IBO, Ring Magazine Titles) Fight Thread Empty Re: Wladimir Klitschko v David Haye (WBA, WBO, IBF, IBO, Ring Magazine Titles) Fight Thread

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 02 Jul 2011, 6:29 pm

When is it?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Wladimir Klitschko v David Haye (WBA, WBO, IBF, IBO, Ring Magazine Titles) Fight Thread Empty Re: Wladimir Klitschko v David Haye (WBA, WBO, IBF, IBO, Ring Magazine Titles) Fight Thread

Post by Duty281 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 6:34 pm

The Haye fight should start around 10ish but don't quote me on that.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Sat 02 Jul 2011, 6:39 pm

id say 9, as its in germania and they 1 hr ahead
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 02 Jul 2011, 6:43 pm

What, tonight?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jul 2011, 7:24 pm

Various sites are reporting from the Haye camp saying the weigh in was wrong.

David Haye's trainer Adam Booth has sparked confusion just hours before Saturday's showdown with Wladimir Klitschko, claiming Haye's weigh-in results were wrong.

At Friday's weigh-ins, Haye was said to have tipped the scales at 15st 3lbs, fully two stones and two pounds lighter than Klitschko.

However, Booth has added an air of mystery to the heavyweight clash by claiming his fighter's readings were wrong. According to Booth, Haye actually came in at 14st 12lbs, giving him an even greater weight inferiority against the taller Klitschko.

Taken from: http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/99199.html

What's your thoughts on this guys?

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat 02 Jul 2011, 7:34 pm

Makes you wonder what he was carrying that was 5lbs extra.

A bit of strange one to say the least.

Are there any fine or ban issues related to inaccurate weigh ins?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 02 Jul 2011, 7:42 pm

legendkillar wrote:Makes you wonder what he was carrying that was 5lbs extra.

Not that I know of. With all other weight classes there is an upper limit, so if for example a champ comes in over the upper limit he can lose his title on the scales, but at heavy there is no upper limit. Haye is a small heavy in this day and age, 15st3lb is very light for a heavy - 14st 12 is virtually a cruiser weights in ring weight. It could well be mind games from booth - what reason could he give for the scales being inaccurate? And if they were, does this also mean wlads weight was 5lb over too? I wouldn't pay much attention to it. What concerns me more is the heavy rain tonight in hamburg, I just hope the ring is well protected enough for it not to impact on the fight.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 02 Jul 2011, 7:52 pm

If Haye is 14 st 12 then he has definitely trained to run around the ring.

Buncey was saying Haye has bulked up his upper body for the fight and looking at the photos that doesn't look too far wrong.

Haye seems to be happy around 15 st as opposed to the close to 16 st he was for Ruiz.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 7:54 pm

Right...he obviously realises that speed is the key...

good weight for the kid..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 8:05 pm

Sky Box Office has just said the ringwalk is expected for 9:50.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jul 2011, 8:24 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:

Not that I know of. With all other weight classes there is an upper limit, so if for example a champ comes in over the upper limit he can lose his title on the scales, but at heavy there is no upper limit. Haye is a small heavy in this day and age, 15st3lb is very light for a heavy - 14st 12 is virtually a cruiser weights in ring weight. It could well be mind games from booth - what reason could he give for the scales being inaccurate? And if they were, does this also mean wlads weight was 5lb over too? I wouldn't pay much attention to it. What concerns me more is the heavy rain tonight in hamburg, I just hope the ring is well protected enough for it not to impact on the fight.

From twitter:
danrafaelespn Dan Rafael (ESPN boxing commentator)
Another update from Germany: Told a fresh ring mat will be laid 15 minutes before fight as a precaution even though undercard mat is fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 02 Jul 2011, 8:25 pm

HBO are broadcasting from 445pm here which is 945 over there so no Haye fight before then

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 8:25 pm

The English fans are making a big noise. Over the studio presenters I could hear a very loud rendition of '10 German Bombers' Very Happy.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 8:29 pm

The BBC Text Commentary has just cleared up the rain issue:

"The rain in Hamburg could affect the result of tonight's fight so here is a quick recap of the rules. If the fight starts but is stopped before the end of the fourth round because of rain it will be called a technical draw. However, if it does go past the fourth round and the fight is then stopped at any stage because of the weather then we will go to the scorecards. It's quite simple, four rounds is the cut off."

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 02 Jul 2011, 8:32 pm

i am liking Froch getting lots of sky sports coverage during this build up and Groves, good exposure for them both from Sky being so close to this massive fight

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 8:38 pm

Here we go first fight of the night - Ola Afolabi vs. Terry Dunstan, 12 rounds, Cruiserweights.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jul 2011, 8:40 pm

Chat box is on guys (bottom of the main forum page)

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 8:43 pm

What a terrific punch with the gumshield falling out. Dunstan is down and out and thia is what we like to see - the undercard going by quickly.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 02 Jul 2011, 8:44 pm

Great KO by afolabi, same punch he took enzo out with.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 02 Jul 2011, 8:52 pm

great ko by afolabi, wont matter tho, main fight wont start b4 10pm

glad afolabi did that tho i had him by ko

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 02 Jul 2011, 8:58 pm

Great shot by Afolabi.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by westybeast Sat 02 Jul 2011, 9:40 pm

how many more of the undercard to go - if i get home from work at 11.30pm will i get to hear it start on the radio ?

westybeast

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sat 02 Jul 2011, 9:53 pm

I can't believe I'm saying but I've always been a staunch supporter of British boxers but tonight I'm actually hoping that Haye gets dumped on his backside. He has been unbelievably crass and disrespectful during the buildup to this fight. Klitschko has been dignified, respectful and intelligent the whole way through, a real credit to his sport.

Haye won't even shake his hand? Grow up son.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 02 Jul 2011, 9:55 pm

westy,starts in 10

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 10:04 pm

Here we go, Haye keeping it up until the very end...

Everyone wondering about the starting time, you still have about 30 mins Rolling Eyes

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by westybeast Sat 02 Jul 2011, 10:05 pm

cant get radio access at work - keep me informed please

westybeast

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 10:07 pm

Basically Haye has made Michael Buffer announce for nothing, he's keeping them waiting and there's no telling when the heck he'll be walking to the ring.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 02 Jul 2011, 10:07 pm

westybeast, just refresh mate well let you know

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 10:09 pm

Spoke too soon, he's on his way 🤦

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jul 2011, 10:10 pm

Chat box is on guys (bottom of the main forum page) live updates from the lads as it happens if you need it. There are a few of us on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 02 Jul 2011, 10:15 pm

holy mother of god look at wlads entrance

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat 02 Jul 2011, 10:17 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:

Thanks for confirming that SBS. thumbsup

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 02 Jul 2011, 10:21 pm

even wlad anthem is terrifying COME ON HAYE!!!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 02 Jul 2011, 10:35 pm

f

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Sat 02 Jul 2011, 11:20 pm

David Haye did know that to win he has to punch the other person, doesn't he?

His performance tonight of dancing around the ring and falling over a few times was pretty pathetic. He could have atleast tried something.

His 'fight' was only a few steps up from Audley Harrison. It appears Haye is all mouth and no action.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 11:24 pm

Well Haye tonight I have lost all respect for you. I feel sorry for the thousands of fans that spent a lot of money to watch that dross. Haye - do us all a favour and retire plus thinking you won was just a joke. Cheer up Britain we still have Froch and Khan and other young talent. Well done to Wlad.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jul 2011, 11:25 pm

Well that didn't go well for Haye. Too many air shots and jumping in, but that's credit to Wlad for sticking to his game plan and working the jabs well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 11:27 pm

Oh apparently Haye had a injury - at least lose with dignity FFS.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 02 Jul 2011, 11:30 pm

you know what, it wasnt the fight we hoped for or the result and haye now talking baout his toe like its why he lost is dissapoiinting but fair play to wlad, he ground it out, haye couldnt get inside his range.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark2011 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 11:31 pm

Utter rubbish by Haye, broke his toe apparently lol.

Mark2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 02 Jul 2011, 11:32 pm

haye shouldnt blame his foot, iy was clear haye just couldnt get to wlads chin he couldnt beat the bigger man and was very defensive for obvious reasons, i like wlad, haye can retire with a nice pension thats it,

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 02 Jul 2011, 11:33 pm

I don't watch a lot of boxing but found myself watching a lot of the build up between these guys and every time I watched I always felt that Wlad could walk the walk as well as talk the talk and after watching that fight I think I stand correct. Haye didn't seem to have a clue what he was doing, whilst Wlad went in there with a game plan and stuck to it. Like I said, I never have watched a lot of boxing so I could be a mile off. I have never liked Haye from what I have seen, thinks far to highly of himself.

Just a question, was there a lot of illegal pushing from the Ukrainian tonight hence why Haye spent most of the fight on his backside?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 02 Jul 2011, 11:34 pm

this toe excuse is killing me

stop David, a lot of people came to see you just be honourable with your defeat

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Sat 02 Jul 2011, 11:59 pm

Gutted absolutely gutted!

Never anticipated this being a great fight, thought it would be a short explosive fight or a long boring one - turned out to be the latter with the result that most people expected if it went to points [would have been hard to make a case for a draw let alone a Haye win, cannot believe Foreman had it level @ 10 - "needs to go to specsavers"].

Just hope Haye does not retire & either takes on Vitali or rematches Wlad, he can't go out like this?

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 03 Jul 2011, 12:01 am

Duty281 wrote:Well Haye tonight I have lost all respect for you. I feel sorry for the thousands of fans that spent a lot of money to watch that dross. Haye - do us all a favour and retire plus thinking you won was just a joke. Cheer up Britain we still have Froch and Khan and other young talent. Well done to Wlad.

This. I truly believed Haye was going to get the job done tonight. I felt confident that he was going to upset Wlad's tactics and overcome him with his superior speed and reflexes. But Haye was too passive, too defensive and couldn't find his range, which is why he was off balance so many times (yes a toe injury would effect his balance but the fact was Wlad had a longer reach and therefore an advantage). The fight was a complete let down, all that emotional investment wasted! I couldn't understand why there seemed to be no urgency in Haye - he knew he couldn't leave it to the judges' decision. Anyway, it's a real shame the fight was a farce, Haye's heavyweight 'legacy' has just been destroyed. He's lost credibility and will probably end up retiring having lost face. mad

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 03 Jul 2011, 12:04 am

Credit to Wlad he fought well but Haye should have worked the inside instead of lunging from distance fighting Wlads fight. I noticed that Wlad does not throw punches on the inside he just holds. Wlad cant throw punches well unless it is from long.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Sun 03 Jul 2011, 12:16 am

I certainly think he should of tried to claim centre ring - you're never gonna get anywhere fighting on the back foot against Wlad unless you're that strong that you can march hrough his punches to land your own.

And certainly don't try to make excuses for your defeat when only 24hrs earlier you've made such a point of telling everyone you're in tip top shape!

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 03 Jul 2011, 11:50 am

Well now I've calmed down a bit I reckon Haye has two choices in his career:

1) Retire instantly. Vitali won't give him a shot so he could walk away and be rememberd as another 'nearly man' in the HW division.

2) Fight on for another 5 years and earn the respect back of pundits and, most importantly, the fans. Slowly rebuild his legacy and try and get a rematch agianst Wlad OR wait until they retire. Either way it's win win.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down