The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Haye to fight Wladimir Klitschko in Summer

+3
BoxingFan88
samevans1
Legend
7 posters

Go down

David Haye to fight Wladimir Klitschko in Summer Empty David Haye to fight Wladimir Klitschko in Summer

Post by Legend Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:51 pm

WBA heavyweight champion David Haye will fight IBF and WBO champion Wladimir Klitschko in Germany on either 25 June or 2 July.

On Saturday, Klitschko withdrew from his bout against Britain's Dereck Chisora that was set for 30 April.

And Haye told the BBC that an agreement had been struck on Saturday night: "I finally had a contract in front of me and couldn't wait to put pen to paper.

"It's the fight every boxing fan has to see, and every sports fan."

A protracted recovery from a stomach muscle injury was given as the reason for Klitschko cancelling the Chisora fight.

Haye continued: "The fight will be either June 25 or July 2, either date is fine by me.

"He is ranked by many as the best heavyweight in the world - in front of myself, even though I'm the WBA champion."

On the negotiation process, Haye said: "He wanted all these little things - he's a bit precious, is Wladimir, so I gave him all these little things to make him feel like he'd got a mental edge.

"The terms were right, it's a fair deal - it's a 50-50 split, that's what they wanted and that's what I wanted.

"I'll just make sure the referee can count to 10, then I'm the new unified heavyweight champion of the world.

"Here it is - end of June, beginning of July - let's get ready to rumble."

Haye claimed that he has already begun preparation for the fight.

"I've been training, I've been out in Miami and done two months of hardcore conditioning, ready for the hardcore boxing training," he said.

"I'm firing on all cylinders, I can't wait to get Wladimir in that ring - it's the fight I've wanted for so long."

Negotiations to put on the fight have collapsed on a number of occasions.

In 2009, a back injury forced Haye to withdraw from a fight against Wladimir, and talks stalled last December with the two camps wrangling over the details of the contest.

Source: BBC Sport - Click Here
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

David Haye to fight Wladimir Klitschko in Summer Empty Re: David Haye to fight Wladimir Klitschko in Summer

Post by samevans1 Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:54 pm

Very promising; but won't believe it until they are actually in the ring together.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

David Haye to fight Wladimir Klitschko in Summer Empty Re: David Haye to fight Wladimir Klitschko in Summer

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:55 pm

YES!! Won't celebrate too much until they are standing in the ring! Great news for boxing and I will go for haye by ko. Great quote "As long as there is a ref that can count to ten I don't care", classic!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:58 pm

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/77911.html

Yeah it's on, is all over the press now.

Also - vitalis fight with solis is being shown on sky sports, march 19th if anyones interested, could be a good fight.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:01 am

Knowing Vlad though, he'll probably just have it called off again
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:14 am

The fight will happen. Wlad was never injured imo. Whenever it happens, I hope Haye wins, but cant see that happening.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:26 am

I think from Haye's perspective this fight IS going to happen now. I don't think he'd release a statement as decisive as that if he had anything less than 100% intent to follow the fight through to a conclusion. I really think Haye knows full well how he'd look if he backed out after making this new statement.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:33 am

If i was chisora i wouldn't be a happy man. The guys a bit of an idiot but has been treated harshly, it's all for a good cause but still he has been screwed twice and he's not ranked high enough to earn another shot.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down