The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquaio vs. Marquez: SPOILERS!!! How do YOU feel?

+55
rodders
Valero's Conscience
milkyboy
Super D Boon
Volcanicash
Boxtthis
owen10ozzy
SharkSoul
Scottrf
Nico the gman
ThrowingLeather
johnson2
GerardMcL
dangerous_mouse
vxrandall
sodhat
Dass
Daz
paul12342
Rowley
oxring
OasisBFC
6oldenbhoy
TRUSSMAN66
dublfcynwa
compelling and rich
tcribb
HumanWindmill
Sugar Boy Sweetie
BoxingFan88
Michaels, Sean
KeizoYamata
Artful_Dodger
Atila
PPVxHOTTY
Lance
Seanusarrilius
ErmanH
BALTIMORA
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Fists of Fury
88Chris05
The Galveston Giant
djlovesyou
All Time Great
westo147
ShahenshahG
manos de piedra
themadworldofjb
SportsmanGC
joeyjojo618
TechInept
Sugar Floyd Louis
Yojimbonufc
School Project
59 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pacquaio vs. Marquez: SPOILERS!!! How do YOU feel? Empty Pacquaio vs. Marquez: SPOILERS!!! How do YOU feel?

Post by School Project Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:26 am

Am I seeing the same thing here? Marquez is SCHOOLING Pacquiao?

It's Round 8 and I've got Marquez 5 rounds up...

Last edited by School Project on Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:04 am; edited 2 times in total

School Project

Back to top Go down

Pacquaio vs. Marquez: SPOILERS!!! How do YOU feel? Empty Re: Pacquaio vs. Marquez: SPOILERS!!! How do YOU feel?

Post by Yojimbonufc Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:30 am

Looks that way to me Smile

Yojimbonufc

Back to top Go down

Pacquaio vs. Marquez: SPOILERS!!! How do YOU feel? Empty Re: Pacquaio vs. Marquez: SPOILERS!!! How do YOU feel?

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:44 am

THIS IS CRAZY!!!!! IMAGINE HOW LUCKY WHOEVER BET ON THIS OUTCOME WOULD GET. MOST PPL I KNOW SAID MARQUEZ WASN'T GOING PAST RD 6.

MARQUEZ IS AN ABSOLUTE LEGEND! HE SHOULD RETIRE AFTER THIS AND GO OUT ON A HIGH.

AS FOR FLOYD-MANNY I DON'T EVEN THINK THERE'S A POINT, FLOYD ALL DAY LONG. MUCH EASIER FOR ME TO CALL AFTER WHAT I'VE SEEN TONIGHT.

P.S KHANS OVERLY-BIASED COMMENTARY HAS ANNOYED ME.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by TechInept Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:46 am

Haha I think schooling is bit far I've got Pacman 2 maybe 3 rounds up at the start of round 10. I was expecting Pac to be doing much better though.

TechInept

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:48 am

Hard to score, really hope JMM doesnt lose another close decision but I think he will.

Gave a damn good account of himself regardless, I was wrong to write him off (as just about everyone on this board did.)

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Yojimbonufc Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:48 am

MASSIVE ROBBERY.

Yojimbonufc

Back to top Go down

Post by SportsmanGC Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:49 am

absolute joke....

SportsmanGC

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:49 am

ROBBED...

This is disgusting.

That's it, I'm out. Arum is scum, Pacqauio was schooled...

I feel sick.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by SportsmanGC Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:50 am

that's actuallly quite upsetting... I really think he deserved that. I scored it 117-113 marquez and thought i was being conservative

SportsmanGC

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:50 am

That was bad. No way did Manny win that. I had a bad feeling when they took so long over the score.
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by TechInept Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:51 am

Going into the final round Pac just one round up IMO. Alot of credit to Marquez, great effort tonight.

TechInept

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:52 am

Tht was a horrible horrible decision
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:52 am

116-112? Did I see that correctly?

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:52 am

Oh My God

This is such a bad night for boxing. That was not even close.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by SportsmanGC Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:52 am

looking at the repllays manny looked embarrassed

SportsmanGC

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:53 am

TechInept wrote:Going into the final round Pac just one round up IMO. Alot of credit to Marquez, great effort tonight.

Was you watching the repeat of the first fight??

Disgusting decision.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Yojimbonufc Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:54 am

I'd love for the 116-112 Judge to explain himself. Boxing really is going down the sh*tter...

Yojimbonufc

Back to top Go down

Post by TechInept Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:55 am

Just realised I'm about 10 mins behind because I paused it earlier!

That's embarrassing.

TechInept

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:56 am

Gutted for the greater fighter. Absolutely Gutted.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:57 am

First time I've seen Manny get booed like that, wow.

Regardless, forget the fact he didn't win, Marquez is an absolute legend for me now, really really didn't see him performing like that... I always have a weakspot for boxers who prove me wrong.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Pacquaio vs. Marquez: SPOILERS!!! How do YOU feel? Empty I'm a Pac fan but Marquez won that

Post by themadworldofjb Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:57 am

Just what Boxing needs. Poor ol JMM, been robbed. Best performance of his career and he gets a L on his record not a W.

I feel ashamed to be a Pacquiao fan tonight. No way he won that. He says he clearly won. No way. Marquez gave him a lesson. Even the Philipines will be questioning that.

ARUM SAYS HE WON!!!! Arum, i cant stand the guy.

Mayweather will be chomping to get a piece of him after this.

Speechless, speechless
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:00 am

Yeah I was spouting on about foregone conclusion beforehand, feels pretty disrespectful now. Legend.

Bye bye coxy if you are reading this!

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by westo147 Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:00 am

Been watching quite a bit of MMA of late and after that I can understand why viewers are switching off of boxing. Myself as a big boxing fan from an early age this decision is really the straw that broke the camels back. The decison tonight says all we need to know about the current state of our beloved sport..........God rest in peace.............MMA here I come:(

westo147

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:01 am

BET 365 had it 5/6 odds ON for Marquez's going into round 12. Not a total robbery, but I had Marquez up by two rounds...

Was surprised many believed Pacman would stop Marquez! Nevertheless, this confirms to me that Mayweather is the P4P number one and would be the bookies favourite going into this fight.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TechInept Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:03 am

I'd call it 115-113 to Pacquiao, but I don't have a problem with the draw scorecard either. Great performance from Marquez though, did you see his sabotage at the end! Haha I don't think he's happy with that 16-12 judge!

TechInept

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:03 am

Change the title please just write spoiler - some of our posters are looking after kids and can't watch the fight late. Let them have the chance to judge them selves.

JMM Pac - Spoiler

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:04 am

Lucky for me I had a bet on it going all the way, otherwise I'd be suicidal about my bet on Marquez winning.

What a frigging joke.

BET 365 only had it like that because they knew Pacquiao could win by robbery.

Marquez won that by at least 4.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:04 am

I scored it 117-112 to Marquez.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:04 am

Change the title please just write spoiler - some of our posters are looking after kids and can't watch the fight live. Let them have the chance to judge them selves.

JMM Pac - Spoiler

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:05 am

Also, its not even close to the worst decision in a major fight for me, although I disagree with the outcome.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:05 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Change the title please just write spoiler - some of our posters are looking after kids and can't watch the fight late. Let them have the chance to judge them selves.

JMM Pac - Spoiler

Good call Shah,

I was just riddled with rage.

Any better?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:05 am

Not the worst decision I've seen - but that doesn't change the fact that it was still a poor one. I don't care about all the usual 'some close rounds' or 'challenger needs to really take the title' clichés - Marquez won that fight, and not a single person could convince me otherwise. I had it 116-112 to Marquez and that was maybe being a little kind to Pacquiao.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:06 am

Im just hoping a fight of this magnitude will lead to an investigation because there is just no way on earth Pacquiao won that fight, let alone by a 116-112 score.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:06 am

I had JMM shading it by a couple of rounds. Could have lived with a draw, but 116-112 is an horrendous card.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:07 am

Marquez countered almost everything manny threw, controlled the range and outboxed him. Mayweather is a better counter puncher, is better at controlling the range in fights, is quicker, bigger and overall technically better than manny. manny can be exposed by good technical boxers, like JMM and Morales but succeeds against brawlers/come forward fighters e.g. Margarito, Barrera, hatton. I know what bracket mayweather falls into

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:07 am

Marquez hammered him. It wasnt close.
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:07 am

116-112 Marquez - and thought I was being critical. I cant take much more of this crap.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:07 am

The winner, by majority ROBBERY...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:08 am

I know no fighter will admit they had a gift decision but for Pacquiao to stand in the ring and say " I think I clearly won the fight"... I suppose he's getting used to being a politician.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:09 am

Right guys I'm off to bed. A disappointing decision, but not unexpected.

Keep it clean fellas, and thanks for the chat to keep me awake!

Take it easy.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:09 am

School Project wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Change the title please just write spoiler - some of our posters are looking after kids and can't watch the fight late. Let them have the chance to judge them selves.

JMM Pac - Spoiler

Good call Shah,

I was just riddled with rage.

Any better?

Course mate - I'm peed too. Just remember robertmckdee saying that he couldn't watch cuz of his little'un.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Yojimbonufc Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:09 am

One or two people actually scoring close wins for pac so I reckon a rewatch is in store tomorrow but I dunno If I could score anything other than 116-112 to JMM. He boxed to perfection all night long in my eyes.

Anyway, night lads!

Yojimbonufc

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:09 am

Night Fists.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:10 am

TechInept wrote:Haha I think schooling is bit far I've got Pacman 2 maybe 3 rounds up at the start of round 10. I was expecting Pac to be doing much better though.
UP? How?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:11 am

He's probably up too. Genuine Nuthugger.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:12 am

I dont really think whether its the worst decision of all time is all that relevant ultimately. A robbery is a robbery. Khan in the studio had Marquez winning, Roach had Marquez winning......

The fact that Khan was doing the commentary and could barely make a case for Pacquiao winning more than a couple of rounds said it all.

It was clear cut, and the judging should be investigated.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:13 am

manos de piedra wrote:I dont really think whether its the worst decision of all time is all that relevant ultimately. A robbery is a robbery. Khan in the studio had Marquez winning, Roach had Marquez winning......

The fact that Khan was doing the commentary and could barely make a case for Pacquiao winning more than a couple of rounds said it all.

clap

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:14 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:I dont really think whether its the worst decision of all time is all that relevant ultimately. A robbery is a robbery. Khan in the studio had Marquez winning, Roach had Marquez winning......

clap

clap clap

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:15 am

I agree, as a Pacquiao fan it was disgusting, i had it 117-112 to Marquez but it could have been worse.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by ErmanH Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:17 am

Absolutely gutted for Marquez, thought he boxed a perfect fight and should have won a clear decision, 116-112 to Pacquaio is a disgrace. Am getting a little sick of these 6am finishes after watching an unsatisfactory fight ending, a few too many in recent months.

ErmanH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next