The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 6 - Voting Page

+4
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Fists of Fury
Mad for Chelsea
Gregers
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 6 - Voting Page - Page 2 Empty Week 6 - Voting Page

Post by Gregers Mon 17 Oct 2011, 8:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

As usual don't vote on your own match.

Match 1 - Deccan Chargers vs Kochi Tuskers - Kochi win Toss

Match 2 - Delhi Daredevils vs Mumbai Indians - Delhi win Toss

Match 3 - Kings XI Punjab vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Kings XI win Toss

Match 4 - Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Chennai Super Kings - Super Kings win Toss

Match 5 - Pune Warriors vs Rajasthan Royals - Royals win Toss

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 6 - Voting Page - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 6 - Voting Page

Post by Guest Sun 23 Oct 2011, 6:13 pm

the toss was crucial in my game IMO.

but my record with tosses is awful! one all competition Sad

now i know how dhoni feels lol

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 23 Oct 2011, 6:22 pm

Match 1 - Kochi win - Spinners fairly well matched on both sides, but Kochi's batting depth (Vettori at 9) enables them to post a unchasble score.

Match 2 - DD win - Finn bowls a good opening spell getting Sehwag, but Waner and Taylor see him off before thriving on the extra pace of Malinga on this wicket. Malinga comes back with a vengeance at the death but DD's score is too much after Morkel gets early wickets and McDonald and Hauritz strangle in the middle overs.

Match 3 - Kings XI win - Very tight game, but feel that Kings XI get the win in the last over when Bresnan stops Shakib and Zaheer getting him away. KKR a batsman light for me.

Match 4 - CSK win.

MFC - I have had an awful week for one point losses! Wales last weekend, Chelsea today (Chris Foy is a total... insert expletive. Boswinga's sending off? No way. And QPR were allowed to get away with murder out there.). France lost and now Pune have gone down! I could have got at least one fo those!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 23 Oct 2011, 6:32 pm

I don't want to talk about Chris Foy. Otherwise I could get banned for excessive swearing Wink

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 23 Oct 2011, 6:36 pm

Haha, let the swear filter do it's job...

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 23 Oct 2011, 6:41 pm

roughly the decisions which I thought he got wrong (not debatable, just wrong):

Luiz should have been given a free kick before the penalty
Luiz should have had a penalty when he was tripped in the QPR box
Bosingwa sendig off, was a 50-50 ball and Bosingwa was stronger, not even a foul for me
Lampard should have had a penalty
Luiz should have had a penalty when he was bundled to the floor (same as the one he gave QPR)
QPR guy should have been sent off for an identical tackle on Lamps as the one which saw Drogba get sent off.

And that's just key decisions. So 6 of them wrong, a couple more 50-50 ones (the QPR penalty and Drogba red card) which were debatable, all going against Chelsea. Don't even get me started on the ridiculous bookings and what QPR were allowed to get away with furious

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 23 Oct 2011, 6:47 pm

I genuinely thought that when Wright Phillips went down the ref had given a free kick to Chelsea for SWP dragging Boswinga down. I couldn't believe when he gave Jose a red.

The QPR pen may have been one, but waht annoyed me was his lack on consistency! He ignored Helguson pushing Luiz first and then we didn't get a penalty for the same thing, like you said.

Can see the Drogba red card as fair, but then there was no consistency afterwards! Awful.

QPR went out there to maul and attack Chelsea physically and Foy didn nothing to stop it. Awful.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Oct 2011, 8:01 pm

apart from liam, is there anyone left to vote?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Oct 2011, 8:15 pm

I've won again Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 24 Oct 2011, 4:53 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:Match 1 - Deccan Chargers vs Kochi Tuskers - Kochi win Toss
C'mon Kochi!

Match 2 - Delhi Daredevils vs Mumbai Indians - Delhi win Toss, bat first
Delhi get away to a decent start and look to be building towards a good score but don't kick on at the death against Malinga and Gul. A couple of early wickets to Morkel sets back the Mumbai chase, and they come in a few runs short. Win to Delhi

Match 3 - Kings XI Punjab vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Kings XI win Toss and bat first.
This is a really tough one to call, in the end the KKR bowling line up swung it for me. KKR's batsman get off to an OK start, but Murali and Ohja strangle them in the middle.Some lusty blows from Ten Doeschate and Bresnan at the death bring the run rate up a little. In reply Gayle blasts a couple of boundaries before falling but Kallis steadies the ship and builds the innings well. Good hitting at the death from Morgan and Pathan sees them through.

Match 4 - Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Chennai Super Kings - Super Kings win Toss
CSK win - will post reasons tomorrow or Monday, I want to get some sleep, early start for the rugby in the morning

Match 5 - Pune Warriors vs Rajasthan Royals - Royals win Toss, field first
Another tough one. In spite of my (possibly irrational) dislike of Shane Watson as a bowler (I like him as a batsman, but he's a pie-thrower who gets lucky with the ball) I'll go with Royals. Will expand reasons later.

Match 4 - Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Chennai Super Kings - Super Kings win Toss and bat first
CSK win. CSK's openers get off to a bit of a flyer vs an out-of sorts Johnson, while there's nothing in the pitch for Broad. While RCB have a better middle overs, they can't take enough wickets to slow down CSK, and Dhoni goes berserk at the death. In reply RCB lose a couple of early wickets trying to force the pace, and while AB De Villiers plays a good innings the asking rate is just too much.

Match 5 - Pune Warriors vs Rajasthan Royals - Royals win Toss, field first
Win to Royals
Pune get off to a good start vs Ishant and Watson, but they can't sustain it in the middle overs against the Royals spinners. In reply Watson gets off to a flyer against the seamers before falling to Swan, but Dravid and Sanga keep the score ticking over through the middle stages and they ease home with an over to spare
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Oct 2011, 6:13 pm

i take all factors into consideration, when i vote..

teams, tactics, toss etc.......it usually takes me a while to come up with winners.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 24 Oct 2011, 7:19 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:i take all factors into consideration, when i vote..

teams, tactics, toss etc.......it usually takes me a while to come up with winners.

I know the feeling. Some games are really hard to call.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Wed 26 Oct 2011, 9:42 pm

Match 1 Deccan vs Kochi-I think this will be a real close-run thing, but Kochi winning the toss is crucial in what will be a low-scoring affair.Deccan's spinners do a fairly good job of containing Kochi but they are guided to a good enough total by Laxman who works the spinners expertly, but the attack of Kochi strangles the life out of Deccan in response. KOCHI WIN

Match 2 Delhi vs Mumbai-Toss not too relevant here with both sides getting what they want. Warner and Sehway tee off in the power-play over to get Delhi off to a flying start, but are both out caught on the boundary when fielding restrictions are no longer in place. The innings is re-built somewhat by the middle order only to be reined in at the end by Malinga and Gul. In response, Morkel and Aaron both cause problems early on. Sachin is left to fight through with Tiwary and they look to set to push on and get the total, but the loss of those early wickets are crucial as Delhi scrape home. DELHI WIN

Match 3 Kings XI Punjab vs KKR- Another close-run affair. Kieswetter goes early to Shakib, but KP supposed weakness to left-arm spin isn't shown. He and Gambhir form a good partnership, but Ojha manages to get both men out. Some lusty later oder blows get Kings XI to a competitive total. Gayle starts well, but is removed after a couple of boundaries. Kallis plays the anchor, but Morgan goes early. Pathan shows some great lower-order hitting but when he goes, the KKR innings stutters and they are unable to reach the total. KINGX XI WIN

Match 5 Pune vs Rajasthan-Pune start well against the pace, but are reigned in by the medium pacers and spiners of RR. Buttler and Mathews provide some later oder momentum. I really like the look of Pune's attack, so despite late power-hitting from Razzaq, Pune manage to win the match. PUNE WIN

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Oct 2011, 9:47 pm

it does take a while to do mate, damn another defeat, the toss has been crucial in all my games, maybe i might finally win one against delhi. To be honest i think im out anyway now Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2