The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 8 - Voting Page

+4
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
ShankyCricket
Fists of Fury
Gregers
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 8 - Voting Page Empty Week 8 - Voting Page

Post by Gregers Tue 08 Nov 2011, 9:55 am

Please place your votes and at least sentence explaining why. Obviously do not vote on your own match!

Week 8 Matches

Match 1 - Kings XI Punjab vs Pune Warriors - Toss won by PW

Match 2 - Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Daredevils - Toss won by DD

Match 3 - Deccan Chargers vs Royals Challengers Bangalore - Toss won by DC

Match 4 - Kolkata Knight Riders vs Kochi Tuskers - Toss won by KKR

Match 5 - Rajasthan Royals vs Mumbai Indians - Toss won by MI

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 8 - Voting Page Empty Re: Week 8 - Voting Page

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 10:15 am

i will vote once all tactics are in thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 08 Nov 2011, 5:48 pm

Delhi tactics will be tomorrow due to illness to Sainty. please start voting on the other matches Very Happy

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 5:49 pm

mate im gonna vote tomorrow, not tonight...

also when saint's tactics are in, it will make it much easier to do them all together to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 7:50 pm

i assume my 2nd string side will get smahsed lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:41 pm

i will vote later

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 10 Nov 2011, 10:08 am

Just one thing Gregers, in future I wouldn't say who was won the toss until the tactics have all been posted. For example, in my game Sainty now knows he is bowling in the 2nd innings, so could use more spinners etc.

That doesn't particularly bother me given my batting lineup, but in some games it could be quite an advantage to the team that hasn't posted their tactics yet.

Cheers.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011, 10:32 am

Don't worry, my side's a;ready fixed...I'm not into that seedy underhanded muck. Thanks for the vote of confidence though, mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011, 10:32 am

good point fists thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 10 Nov 2011, 10:35 am

Haha! Wasn't a dig at you Sainty, was just an example, mate.

You have every right to make the most of it though, if you so wish, as it isn't your fault thumbsup

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 10 Nov 2011, 10:53 am

I was thinking something similar.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 10 Nov 2011, 10:57 am

Sorry lads, when I put the voting page up I was expecting saints tactics imminently! If he doesn't get them in by this evening then the toss will be re-done!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011, 11:19 am

Why? I'm not going to work it to my advantage?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011, 12:09 pm

i think thats a good idea gregers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011, 6:43 pm

Gregers wrote:Sorry lads, when I put the voting page up I was expecting saints tactics imminently! If he doesn't get them in by this evening then the toss will be re-done!

gonna re-do it mate?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2011, 1:39 pm

Match 1:

Kings vs Pune: Pune get early wickets, with Tait removing Ganguly and Kieswetter early. Dernbach gets KP and kings are reeling. RTD and Chitnis, put on 40 together, however wickets tumble and kings limp to 120. In the chase, Pattinson gets Rahane early, but Valthaty and Kohli put on a partnership, the spinners do well for kings but, pune get home with 2 overs to spare: PUNE WIN

Match 2:

Chennai vs Delhi: Suprising decision by Delhi to bowl first as the pitch will get slower as the game goes on. Morkel gets Vijay and Badrinath early, however Mr.Cool, hussey bats through the innings, with Raina also sticking with him for a while. Dhoni comes in and Chennai get to 160. In the chase, Delhi get off to a flyer. Getting 49 from the first 6 overs. However the mystery spinners of chennai come on, choke the rate, and get regular wickets, with only sehwag putting up reistsnace in the middle overs, and dehli fall 10 runs short.: CHENNAI WIN

Match 3:

Deccan vs RCB: COME ON DECCAN B!!!!!!

Match 4:

KKR vs Kochi: Akhtar gets Gayle caught behind with the 2nd ball of the game. Kallis bats through and makes 75no, he gets good support from morgan and pathan, and KKR get to 160. Lee gets Muccullum and Laxman in the first over of the chase. Jayawrdene tries his best to stick in, but wickets fall regualry around him, and kochi stumble to 130 all out: KKR WIN

Match 5:

Mumbai vs Rajasthan: Mumbai get off to a flyer. They hit 58 off the first 6 overs, with Rajasthan's bowler in effective. Tendulkar makes a maginfecent 100, and the others all chip in, as mumbai make 190. It was always too much for Rajasthan. Watson gets a very nice half century,but wickets continually fall, and Rajasthan fall 30 runs short; MUMBAI WIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2011, 2:06 pm

Why a surprising decision?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2011, 2:08 pm

because the pitch will get slower and lower as the game goes on. But to be fair you ran them close Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 11 Nov 2011, 2:09 pm

I guess because the 2nd innings bowling suits my spinners quite well.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2011, 2:10 pm

well the reasons are with my votes, and i think i have made the right calls in the games

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2011, 2:14 pm

When I bat down to 8?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2011, 2:18 pm

if you dont agree with my reasoning thats fine mate, but i felt that your batsman were choked down by the class of the chennai spinners, and they couldnt get the ball away

if u had batted first it would have been easier to hit the spinners, but batting 2nd when the pitch gets slower and lower its tough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 11 Nov 2011, 2:29 pm

Hi all,

Sorry the last few days have been mental at work (again Sad ). I'll vote late tonight or in the morning.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2011, 2:31 pm

its ok mate, we only started voting today anyway Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 11 Nov 2011, 2:53 pm

Some big decisions to make with 2 extremely close matches and 2 less so... Will vote tonight or over the weekend

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2011, 3:27 pm

i must admit gregers, the games were tough to call.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Nov 2011, 12:36 pm

2nd string side, and i still couldnt get trott in the side.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 12 Nov 2011, 12:40 pm

Pune,Chennai,Bangalore and Mumbai

Reasons will be up later.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sat 12 Nov 2011, 3:57 pm

Match 1-Gambhir is out to Tait, but Kieswetter and Pietersen enjoy the conditions and give out some punishment to England Team-Mate Dernbach.Mathews gets Kieswetter out, caught on the boundary with Ganguly quickly following. Pietersen innings is over when Swann removes him. Dernbach redeems himself with some good death-bowling. Pune's powerplay is low-scoring with Valthaty going early, but Pune recover well. In the middle overs Pune press on, and are eventually seen home by Buttler and Mathews in a tight finish. PUNE win

Match 2-Morkel is treated with respect by the CSK openers, so they look to fire against McDonald and Pathan, who are a bit expensive but they do remove Badrinath and Vijay. Hussey and Raina set a platform, mostly milking the spinners with the odd boundary at the right time, with Dhoni,Bravo and Afridi providing the fireworks at the end. Tamim starts the innings off brilliantly, whilst McDonald does well giving him the strike. The Australian goes at the end of the power-play, with Tamim going quickly after, caught on the boundary. Taylor and Sehwag rebuild, Sehwag teeing off particularly on Afridi. Delhi are unfortune that the other 2/3 of the CSK spin trio keep them reigned in, and despite Sehwag's best efforts Delhi fall just short. CSK Win

Match 3-My match.

Match 4-Shoaib rolls back the years with his 3 overs, as he rips out Gayle and Pujara. After a bit of a re-building job is needed, Kallis and Morgan come together and play the spinners expertly, Pathan and Morgan then hitting out, though the longish tail means once one of them go it is all down to the other. Once more the opening bowlers are fantastic Lee and Khan exploiting the swinging conditions. Mahela is left with a lot to do, and despite a long-batting line-up, Kochi fall short. KKR Win

Match 5-Toss is crucial here. Tendulkar plays a masterful innings, with great support from Dilshan, Sharma and Tiwawry though Warne and Botha doing an admirable job of slowing down that middle order. In response the Mumbai total is just too much, despite impressive power-hitting late on from Razzaq and Uthappa. MUMBAI Win

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Nov 2011, 5:06 pm

FFS.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 12 Nov 2011, 5:53 pm

Gambhir is dismissed by Tait.Kieswetter falls to a Dernbah slower delivery after a quickfire 15.KP scores a fine 50 and Ganguly scores 30 odd as both take a liking to Swann who really shouldnt have played on this surface IMO.However KP tries to be over aggressive against the part time spin of Yuvraj and gets out whereas Ganguly is dismissed by Mathews.RT tries his best but gets no support from the other end as the wickets keep tumbling as RTD is left stranded on 25 not out as Punjab are dismissed for 140.Valthaty falls early in the chase but the Punjab bowlers get carried away with the short ball and Virat and Rahane punish them.Rahane falls for a fluent 35 and Yuvraj is dismissed for a golden duck but the master of Indian ODI run chases in recent times Virat keeps on going and alongwith Mathews,another talented young batsman gets his side home.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:02 pm

Sainty wrote:FFS.

in all honesty mate, batting first on a pitch that will get slower and lower, was the wrong decision i think, and i think a lot of other people will take that view as well. Also the sheer strength of the chennai spinners in the 2nd innings.

if you would have batted first then the chennai spinners would have been a lot less effective.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:08 pm

Chennai vs Delhi was the toughest one of the week for me.I really liked the tactic of moving Sehwag down the order to counter the spinners but in the end,I just feel that Chennai are slightly better in these conditions.
Morkel is treated with due respect even on a slow surface and Price bowls a good containing spell but the rest are taken apart by the fringe Indian batsmen Vijay and Badrinath as the big guns Huss and MSD fail for the first time.However Raina enjoys the slow and low pitch to get them to 160.Tamim and Mcdonald get off to a flyer but they are dismissed by Ashwin and Afridi respectively.Taylor is also dismissed cheaply by Afridi and despite Sehwag's best efforts he gets too little support from the other end as Delhi fall an agonising 5 runs short thanks to some great death bowling from Theron.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:16 pm

Shocked

My. Giddy. Aunt.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:24 pm

Bangalore vs Deccan
I am extremely sorry CF but what can I say really?This is not real life where you give your players a run out.It is purely hypothetical wherein you are supposed to pick your best team.So I really dont know what purpose does a 2nd string side serve?When I look at the two teams,RCB look overwhelmingly stronger compared to a Deccan 'B' team.If Deccan had played their best team they would have had a decent chance.But sorry,this team just doesnt cut it for me.Look extremely weak compared to RCB which is why I think RCB will win.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:25 pm

Bangalore vs Deccan
I am extremely sorry CF but what can I say really?This is not real life where you give your players a run out.It is purely hypothetical wherein you are supposed to pick your best team.So I really dont know what purpose does a 2nd string side serve?When I look at the two teams,RCB look overwhelmingly stronger compared to a Deccan 'B' team.If Deccan had played their best team they would have had a decent chance.But sorry,this team just doesnt cut it for me.Look extremely weak compared to RCB which is why I think RCB will win.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:33 pm

Mumbai vs Rajasthan
Think the toss was crucial over here.Sachin and Rohit get Mumbai to 150 as the rest of the batsmen struggle.In the chase,all the batsmen barring Dravid struggle on a surface with uneven bounce as Gul and Harby rip the heart out of the Rajasthan line up with only The Great Wall providing any resistance.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Nov 2011, 7:07 pm

shanky i dont mind to be honest, i was just seeing what people would say about the 2nd string

and with all due respect, there's more than u voting, so i will go by what other say

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Nov 2011, 7:16 pm

shanky is there a reason why u have to be different to everyone else, and put all the comments on seperate posts? everyone else is able to put them in one post..

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sun 13 Nov 2011, 3:50 am

cricketfan90 wrote:shanky is there a reason why u have to be different to everyone else, and put all the comments on seperate posts? everyone else is able to put them in one post..
I was posting from my mobile which allows only 2000 characters at a time.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Nov 2011, 9:19 am

ah right ok fair enough mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Nov 2011, 12:56 pm

this week's results could shape up the top 4 quite nicely ahead of next week's last group game

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 13 Nov 2011, 4:28 pm

Match 1 - Winner Pune

Some great early bowling from Tait puts Kings on the backfoot as he keeps the run rate down and gets Kieswetter. KP knocks Dernbach for a few but goes first ball of Mathews spell. Ganguly and Gambhir get Kings back on track but Dernbach returns and gets them both. RTD hits a few at the death but 150 never looks like enough. In the run chase Pune get off to a flyer with Rahane scoring a blistering 35. This gets them ahead of the rate and with Yuvraj, Mathews and Buttler coming in in the last 5 overs they get home with 5 balls to spare despite the best efforts of Rahul Sharma who takes 4-21.

Match 2 - Winner Delhi

The Chennai batting line up just oozes class and batting first they powered there way to 180 with Raina scoring a magnificent 70 not out. In response the Delhi run chase starts brilliantly as the pace bowlers of Chennai get the treatment from Iqbal and McDonald. The three Chennai master spinners get rid of Iqbal, McDonald, Taylor, Jaffer and Pathan but Sehwag is immovable and he bludgens all of them away (The decision to move him down the order was sublime). With 20 needed off of the last two overs Sehwag takes it up another gear and sees Delhi home with a 6 off of the very last ball.

Week 3 - Winner RCB

Deccan's decision to mix up their squad was very good with Parnell and De Bruyn having great games. De Bruyn making a great little 50 and taking 3 for with the ball. However in the end the the class of the RCB line up was too much. Hafeez playing through the entire RCB chase as they chase down Deccans 145 with a few balls to spare. I really like the look of the RCB squad and its a pity that their new coach wasn't it charge for the whole competition.

Week 4 - Winner Kochi

Another close match! The KKR batsman all got starts but none of them was able to see it through and Morgan's dismissal playing a reverse sweep off of Vettori. This meant that KKR only made it to 130 off of their 20 overs. In response Lee and Murali both bowled brilliantly but VVS Laxman played a cool innings and saw the Tuskers to the total with 3 balls to spare.

Week 5 - My Match

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Nov 2011, 4:30 pm

thanks gregers for not completely critcizing my 'rotation method' unlike other people thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Nov 2011, 4:38 pm

Disappointed with the outcome of my match thus far. In my eyes, this is a competition based a lot on tactical fluidity and taking risks, I don't think that's reflected thus far this week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:38 pm

jeez, mate you are only 2-1 down Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:42 pm

Sainty wrote:Disappointed with the outcome of my match thus far. In my eyes, this is a competition based a lot on tactical fluidity and taking risks, I don't think that's reflected thus far this week.

thumbsup

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sun 13 Nov 2011, 10:14 pm

Aarrghhh, I'd just finished typing 3 matches worth of votes and reasons and then accidentally closed the browser session Doh furious steam ,

Starting over now, there's something to be said for posting the one at a time mutter mutter.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sun 13 Nov 2011, 11:03 pm

Work in prog

Match 1 - Kings XI Punjab vs Pune Warriors - Toss won by PW who bowl first.
Tait picks up Kieswetter and Pietersen early, but the Punjab middle order rebuilds well against the spin of Swann and Yuvraj. The returning seamers at the death restrict the score to 125. In reply Pune steadily lose wickets to the Punjab seam attack and crumble to be all out for 115. Win to Kings XI Punjab.

Match 2 - Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Daredevils - Toss won by DD who bowl first.
The superb CSK batting lineup get away to a flyer, slow slightly in the middle but kick on at the death to score a formidable 190. In reply DD are always slightly behind the rate as the pitch gets slower, and they fall 5 runs short in spite of a superb hand from Sehwag. Win to CSK

Match 3 - Deccan Chargers vs Royals Challengers Bangalore - Toss won by DC who bat first. DC's "bench" bat solidly through, and a late David Hussey flurry gets them up to 165. In reply Parnell picks up the RCB openers early before a century stand between Taylor and De Villers sets up the RCD innings and they ease home in the 19th over. Win to RCB

Match 4 - Kolkata Knight Riders vs Kochi Tuskers - My match

Match 5 - Rajasthan Royals vs Mumbai Indians - Toss won by MI who bat first. I felt the toss was crucial in this match given good spin lineups on both sides. MI ease away to a decent score on the back of a strong Tendulkar innings and KKR's reply gets strangled by MI's spinners. Win to MI.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:12 am

lol oddly people have said that my 2nd string have played better than my first....

well played Zander and parnell lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next