The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 9 - Voting Page

+4
Mad for Chelsea
JDizzle
Fists of Fury
Gregers
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 9 - Voting Page Empty Week 9 - Voting Page

Post by Gregers Wed 23 Nov 2011, 4:24 pm

Please place your votes and at least sentence explaining why. Obviously do not vote on your own match!

Match 1 - Pune Warriors vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Toss won by PW
Match 2 - Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Delhi Daredevils - Toss won by DD
Match 3 - Rajasthan Royals vs Deccan Chargers - Toss won by DC
Match 4 - Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Toss won by MI
Match 5 - Kochi Tuskers vs Kings XI Punjab - Toss won by KT

Last edited by Gregers on Thu 24 Nov 2011, 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - Voting Page Empty Re: Week 9 - Voting Page

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2011, 4:29 pm

lol started winning tosses once im out Wink

i will vote later on this evening or tomorrow morning

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 23 Nov 2011, 4:30 pm

This is getting silly now, I haven't won a toss for years.

Thankfully doesn't matter with this pitch, but it's still annoying.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2011, 4:32 pm

fists think about me in the first 7 games i won one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 23 Nov 2011, 4:47 pm

I can assure you its random Fists, but on our pitch it doesnt really matter at all

You've still got the semi's (and probably the final) to win the toss in fists!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 24 Nov 2011, 9:31 am

Sorry Gregers wasn't meant to be a dig at you. I know its random, but the law of averages is failing to come in to play of late Wink It isn't an issue, just being picky :p

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Nov 2011, 11:30 am

i will vote later. Shanky whilst your online, why dont U copy and paste your tactics instead of one of us having to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2011, 9:32 am

Pune vs KKR: Tait gets Gayle out 3rd ball of the game caught behind. Pujara falls to dernbach, in the very next over. The ever reliable Kallis rebuilds, and rayudu lasts till the end of the powerplay, but falls first ball in the 7th over. Morgan and Kallis bat till the 15th over, but then Pathan comes in and launches kkr up to 165. Lee gets Valhathy first ball of the chase. Gilchrist hits 30 in 12 balls, but falls, as does rahane and pune are reeling at 35-3. Yuvraj and Matthew try to rebuild, but the kkr spinners choke the rate, and pune fall 10 runs short. KKR WIN

RCB VS delhi: McDonald gets Tharanga ealry, and marsh and taylor are forced to settle down for a few overs. De Villiers ends up hitting a magnifiecent 75, but wickets fall at the other end, and RCB post 165. Sehwag gets delhi off to a flyer. He and Jaffer put on 55 for the first wicket inside 6 overs. Broad goes for 25 off his first 2 overs. Praveen kumar tries to keep things tight, but with runs haemoragging at an alarming rate at the other end, he feels the pressure. Jadeja comes on, and keeps things tight, bowling over the wicket. Pathan comes in and delhi end up getting home with an over to spare DELHI WIN

RCB vs Deccan: COME ON EXPIREMENTAL DECCAN!

Mumabi vs Chennai: Nannes gets Tendulkar and Dilshan in the first over of the game, and produces a blinding first over. However Ryder takes southee apart and gets 22 from his first over. Rohit and Ryder end up putting on 50 in the powerpaly. The two spinners come on and keep things very tight, until pollard comes on. He blasts 42 from 18 balls, and propels mumbai up to 160. Munaf gets Vijay early, to a peach of a delivery. Dhoni struggles for rhythym, and hussey feels the pressure. Gul comes on and keep tight with his cutters and slower bouncers. Harbajhan only goes at 6 an over in his spell picking up the vital wicket of hussey. Badrinath digs in with srikkanth, but they fall behind the rate and eventually fall 5 runs short. MUMBAI WIN

Kochi vs Kings: Nehra gets kings off to a flyer getting mccullum in the first over. Laxman attacks karthik at the other end, and he and taylor put on a very good partnership. Bipul and colly come on and choke the rate, with kochi eventually getting 145. It was never enough, kings came out in a positive manner, despatching sreesanth all over the park, they were never really in trouble and win by 6 wickets. KINGS WIN

Last edited by cricketfan90 on Sun 27 Nov 2011, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2011, 10:38 am

lol there shouldnt be any issues with my votes this week. They took me ages to decide..

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 25 Nov 2011, 3:52 pm

I am 35-3 despite Gilchrist getting 30? Rahane must have scored very slowly then... Wink

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2011, 3:52 pm

yh he did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 25 Nov 2011, 3:55 pm

Would never have guessed you'd be going for a Mumbai win after brown nosing Gregers all week cf Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2011, 3:57 pm

no i havent, i have been good to both teams......im not gonna keep explaining all my votes lol

it took me 45 minutes to vote on these games, thats how close they were.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 25 Nov 2011, 4:09 pm

I certainly have no issues cf, you gave me an easy win Very Happy

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2011, 5:47 pm

like i said mfc it took me ages to decide. I look at everything to do with the games, and they are tough decisions

the toughest game to call by far was mumbai vs chennai.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Nov 2011, 10:07 am

lol i see im the only one to have voted thus far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 27 Nov 2011, 12:15 pm

Match 1: Tait blasts through Kallis, and Pujara and Rayudu don't make many either, but Gayle tees off in an action-packed powerplay. Swann gets Gayle, but Morgan enjoys the spinners and plays a sublime innings of 75 not out to guide KKR to 140. In reply Gilchrist gets going, and ensues they get ahead of the rate, and the classy middle-order (good players of spin) get them home comfortably. Pune win.

Match 2: Aaron gets slapped around by Marsh early doors, and despite a couple of quick wickets RCB carry the momentum through the middle-overs with De Villiers playing a lovely innings, but Arafat wrestles back some control at the death to keep RCB's total from getting out of hand as they end on 170. In reply, Broad gets Jaffer early, but Sehwag and McDonald look like they're building a good stance until Sehwag gets himself stumped off Jadeja. Taylor and McDonald carry on, but the RR climbs, and there's not that much batting after them. Eventually the pressure tells and they end up 10 runs short. RCB win

cf: Delhi are bowling first in that match, they won the toss.

Match 3: Cosgrove gets a great start against the erratic Sharma and Yadav, but there's a real stutter in the middle-overs against Warne and Botha who love the challenge of bowling on this pitch. Symonds biffs a bit at the death, and they reach 160. In reply, Watson blasts away but Dravid struggles and eventually gifts his wicket to Borthwick. However, the experienced middle-order of Sangakkara, Karthik and Uthappa set it up nicely, and Razzaq comes in to see them home. RR win

Match 4: Ryder thrives in the conditions, but Nannes picks up Tendulkar and Dilshan early. There's a nice partnership between Sharma and Ryder, and when Ryder falls Tiwary and Sharma negotiate the middle-orders fairly well, despite a good tight spell from Mendis. The death bowling is tight, but Pollard knocks a few to get them to 160. In reply, Hussey and Vijay make a good start, and Dhoni in at three is a masterstroke, as it gives him the time to play himself in (something he doesn't always have in T20s). To me Mumbai's attack lacks penetration in the middle-overs, and once Dhoni is in he destroys the attack, ending up unbeaten on 80 and guiding CSK home to yet another win. CSK win

some tight calls this week.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Nov 2011, 12:27 pm

thanks mfc have changed it, as i had to with the game being the wrong way round Doh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 27 Nov 2011, 5:31 pm

Pune
DD
DC
KT

will get reasons up later

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Sun 27 Nov 2011, 6:34 pm

KKR - Gayle hits form and takes advantage, especially off Tait. Morgan and Yusuf guide KKR to a big total. Lee and Zak claim 3 wickets and PW never recover.

DD - DD superior in every aspect and secure an easy win courtesy of Sehwag and McDonald

CSK - Nannes struggles early on but the spinners strangle the middle overs and CSK complete a comfortable chase courtesy of Dhoni and Hussey

KT - Kochi get a decent score due to decent knocks by Laxman and Jayawardene before a brief Steve Smith cameo. RP and Vettori both bowl superbly to restrict KXI and they fall 10 runs short

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sun 27 Nov 2011, 7:38 pm

Match 1-KKR vs Pune-Tait fires early on, removing Gayle and Pujara. Rayudu and Kallis rebuild, with Morgan and Pathan then bringing KKR up to a good score. Lee removes Valthaty, and has a fantastic battle with Adam Gilchrist who sees him off only to be removed by Ojha.The middle order deals fairly well with the spinners, with Tiwawry and Mathews seeing Pune home. PUNE WIN

Match 2-My match

Match 3-RR vs DC-Ishant takes some punishment early on, but Warne and Botha rein in a good start from Deccan. Symonds, Riaz and Borthwick all contribute some late runs to post a competitive total. In return, I think that the RR batting line up is too strong against the DC attack. RR Win

Match 4-MI vs CSK-Such a tough one to call!Tendulkar goes early, but Ryder and Dilshan manage to re-build. Mendis and Afridi do a decent job in the middle overs, though Southee is a tad more expensive. The Mumbai batsman recover somewhat at the death.Viajy is removed early, but moving Dhoni up to 3 is inspired. He and Hussey fire, and despite a late wobble, CSK get home. CSK WIN

Match 5-Laxman and Mahela show their class on this pitch, with some of the others struggling around them.Vettori and Chawla bowl fantastically well in the 2nd innings, but Gambhir anchors the innings brilliantly with Ten Doeschate joining him at the end to fire the winning runs. KXI WIN

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Nov 2011, 7:56 pm

i did think shane warne would be the main reason why i lost this game to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Nov 2011, 10:46 am

come on lads get your votes in Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 28 Nov 2011, 10:49 am

Match 2 - Aaron is wayward at the start and gets spanked around a bit by Marsh and Taylor after Mcdonald gets Tharanga. In the middle overs RCB nurdle around Price whilst attacking the other end, bur Arafat brings it back at the death with some good bowling but RCB still get up to a good score. Early on Sehwag strikes some early boundaries but then tries something expansive against the accurate Praveen and is dismissed. Taylor and McDonald rebuild and take the ones and twos but the DD lower middle order just can't get the boundaries in the last 5 overs and they fall just short. RCB win.

Match 3 - Deccan get off to a flyer but are always losing wickets which stunts there progress and they only get up to 160 with some hitting from Hussey and Symonds, which although a good score looks slightly under par on this wicket. The powerful and adaptable RR batting line up does what is needed and get hom of the first ball of the last over with Sanga unbeaten. RR win.

Match 4 - Mumbai get off to a flyer aginst Southee and Nannes through a mixture of edges and good shots but the RR decreases when spin is introduced. Mendis and Afridi are more effective than Ashwin as Ashwin is a bit expensive on this pitch, Pollard in particularly getting hold of him, but Mendi and Afridi skidding it on are almost impossible to play and orchastrate a middle order collapse, but thanks to some lustry blows from Pollard Mumbai get upto 170. Munaf gets ones to nibble early and picks up Vijay quickly, but MS and Hussey put on a big partnership for the second wicket. The introduction of Malinga causes panic and a splatter of wickets but Southee and MS get CSK home eventually. CSK win.

Match 5 - Kings XI have an attack perfectly suited to the wicket and although batting becomes easier once a batsmen gets in the lack of an obvious weak link in the Kings attack stops this from happening and they restrict KT to a modest 140. Kings get off to a plyer against Sree and RP although RP gets an early wicket. The introduction of spin accounts for KP cheaply but Akmal gets a quickfire 25 and Colly and Ten Do see them home. Kings win.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 28 Nov 2011, 10:50 am

Should get mine in around lunchtime.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 28 Nov 2011, 1:30 pm

Working away at the moment and struggling to get this sorted on this rubbish laptop I'm using.

Let me see if there is wireless at the hotel tonight that I can use and I'll get them in then if so.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 28 Nov 2011, 9:19 pm

Evening all, sorry I didn't get a chance to vote before heading away for the weekend.

Match 1 - Pune Warriors vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Toss won by PW who field first.
Kolkata lose a couple of early wickets before Kallis steadies the ship. As the pitch slows down Pathan and Morgan dominate the last 8 overs and KKR post a healthy total. In reply Gilchrist and Rahane get away to a decent start only for Ohja and Murali to put the anchors on in the middle. Once the spinners finish Yuvraj and Matthews ease PW home in the final over. Win to Pune.

Match 2 - Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Delhi Daredevils - Toss won by DD who bowl first. Tough game to call this one. Shaun Marsh and Ross Taylor put together a strong partnership that lets the following batsmen really attack, and RCB post a strong 185. In reply Sehwag gets off to a flyer but things aren't as easy at the other end and once Sehwag falls for a quick 70 the rate slows, and DD finish on 180. Win to RCB.

Match 3 - Rajasthan Royals vs Deccan Chargers - Toss won by DC who bat first.
Deccan start well but are slowed by Warne and Botha in the middle. Some vintage Symonds hitting gets them up to 170. In reply the strong RR line up score heavily early, and ease home with an over to spare.

Match 4 - Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Toss won by MI who bat first. Tendulkar plays on trying an expansive cover drive to a Southee in-swinger early but Ryder launches an assault on the bowling aided by Dilshan initially then Sharma. With Pollard on form at the death MI post 180. In reply Vijay gets yorked by Malinga and Hussey falls to Gul in the 5th over which does Dhoni plenty of time to play himself in before launching. MS is still in at the death and is joined by Afridi needing 30 off the last 2, however it's a bust day for Boom-boom and CSK finish 8 short. Win to MI.

Match 5 - Kochi Tuskers vs Kings XI Punjab - Toss won by KT - My match
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:17 am

Match 1 - KKR win. Gayle gets stuck in to Tait early, hitting him out of the attack, with Dernbach having a greater degree of success, but Gayle picking a couple of slower balls and launching them in to the stands. Kallis, as ever, ticks along at around a run a ball. KKR reach 90-0 before any wickets fall, giving Morgan and Pathan a platform from which to slog their way to a total of 170. In reply, PW go well but Ojha and Muralitharan play a huge part in keeping the run rate down, and big efforts from Yuvraj and Mathews just see them fall short with a few wickets in hand.

Match 2 - Delhi win. Incredibly tight game this one. Price and Kumar make all the difference in the end, keeping things incredibly tight and making it difficult for batsmen even of the quality of ABDV to get away. I love the RCB batting lineup, but Vinay and Broad go for a lot of runs to the blades of Sehwag and McDonald, which ultimately costs them the game by the narrowest of margins.

Match 3 - RR win. Warne, Watson and Botha do well in slowing the scoring rate of the Deccan batsmen, with Dravid and Sangakkara easily chasing them down.

Match 4 - My match.

Match 5 - KXI win. I feel their bowling attack is quite well suited to these conditions, with plenty of options. McCullum falls early, but Jayawardene really gets going. However, after making 50 he falls and the innings begins to falter as KXI rotate their bowlers to good effect, never letting batsmen settle. KP and Gambhir do the majority of the damage in the chase, with a few slices of luck along the way, but see them home in the nick of time.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Nov 2011, 11:05 am

how many people still left to vote?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 30 Nov 2011, 1:48 pm

Can someone tot up the votes so far and say who is left to vote? Id love to be able to finish the group games this week.

Then its finals week!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Nov 2011, 2:23 pm

i would love for people to get quiz answers in as well!

only had 3 lots of results and deadline is 5pm today

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Wed 30 Nov 2011, 4:00 pm

I think it's just Sainty and Shanky whom we are waiting for results from

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 30 Nov 2011, 4:03 pm

Yeah shanky and sainty are the two we are waiting for.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Nov 2011, 4:14 pm

by the way in shankys defence, he said on cms that studies were piling up, he hasnt been on since he said that a week ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Nov 2011, 5:36 pm

Pune
Rajhastan
Chennai
Kochi.

Reasons to come later, if I get the time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Nov 2011, 6:15 pm

ok saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 30 Nov 2011, 9:37 pm

Can someone tot these up for me?

Any 3-4 results will be sorted tomorrow, if shanks votes do not effect the result then we will move on to the semi finals!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 30 Nov 2011, 10:02 pm

Pune 5 - 3 KKR
Delhi 4 - 3 RCB
RR 6 - 1 Deccan
CSK 5 - 2 Mumbai
Kings 4 - 3 Mochi

I've done these quickly, so if anyone notices any mistakes let me know! Pune have beaten KKR, Rajasthan have beaten Deccan and CSK have beaten Mumbai and the other two games are in the balance. And I imagine Shanky's votes could be quite crucial should it come down to vote difference, which may be likely with it so tight.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 01 Dec 2011, 9:21 am

We need shanks votes then!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 01 Dec 2011, 9:27 am

Shanky, where art thou Shanky.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 9:56 am

guys i told u he went on cms last week, said studies were piling up and he hasnt been on since.

give the guy a break.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 01 Dec 2011, 10:10 am

Shanky studies? Didn't know they'd start enrolling people for Broadmoor...

I jest, of course. Hopefully he can pop by just to give the names, even if it is without explanation.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 10:12 am

well like i said he hasnt even been around on cms, and he was on that all the time beforehand

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 01 Dec 2011, 10:14 am

I had a look at that cms before, didn't think much of it. Certainly some far more knowledgeable members on this site. Maybe we need to poach a couple of their better ones... Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 10:50 am

they wont come over trust me

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 01 Dec 2011, 10:51 am

Those with half a brain might. Seems they're debating with little kids over there some of the time!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 10:52 am

ive asked some members over there to come here, but they dont wanna. They're not keen on coming over

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 4:09 pm

JDizzle wrote:Pune 5 - 3 KKR
Delhi 4 - 3 RCB
RR 6 - 1 Deccan
CSK 5 - 2 Mumbai
Kings 4 - 3 Mochi

I've done these quickly, so if anyone notices any mistakes let me know! Pune have beaten KKR, Rajasthan have beaten Deccan and CSK have beaten Mumbai and the other two games are in the balance. And I imagine Shanky's votes could be quite crucial should it come down to vote difference, which may be likely with it so tight.

hmmm thought the mumabi game would have been much closer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 01 Dec 2011, 6:12 pm

Pleased with the effect that moving Dhoni up to 3 had. Someone made a great point, can't remember who, about him getting a bit of time to play himself in before lighting the fireworks, and I feel that's something India in real life should maybe look into, too.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 01 Dec 2011, 7:57 pm

Well done Fists

Is there anyone on the cricket section who could vote for the last two weeks?

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next