The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWC 2011 Will Be Remembered As A Non Event

+43
emack2
cabbagesandbrussels
ultra
trebellbobaggins
radelven
Comfort
funnyExiledScot
BATH_BTGOG
Morgannwg
Adam D
RubyGuby
Taylorman
gavstar
mystiroakey
Runster
Glas a du
Oxford Welsh
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
gelodge
Davie
wonder_man
doctor_grey
Pot Hale
Gatts
maestegmafia
bluestonevedder
TheGreyGhost
Shifty
Taffineastbourne
Biltong
MarcusHalberstram
tomhughesnice
JDandfries
Bitter Beer
andy powells minder
Luckless Pedestrian
Metal Tiger
dogtooth
kiakahaaotearoa
Cardiff Taffy
Ozzy3213
disneychilly
HERSH
47 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

RWC 2011 Will Be Remembered As A Non Event - Page 4 Empty RWC 2011 Will Be Remembered As A Non Event

Post by HERSH Mon 10 Oct 2011, 1:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Now that the dust has settled on yet another RWC who else thinks its time for the format to change?

For me it needs to change by the next RWC as some teams are getting a raw deal with schedules and some teams like England have an easy pool which ultimately cost them as they lost focus when they came up against a real quality team, Wales on the other hand had to raise their game just to make it through the pool stage which does help focus the mind as they have experienced failure at the pool stage many times before, Ireland was another case where by they really only had one meaningful game before they faced a battle hardened Welsh team in the QF.

The current format is so unbalanced and unfair that whoever wins the 2011 RWC won’t compare to what has gone before and shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath.

RWC 2011 will be remembered as a non event for all rugby fans.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

RWC 2011 Will Be Remembered As A Non Event - Page 4 Empty Re: RWC 2011 Will Be Remembered As A Non Event

Post by Gatts Tue 22 Nov 2011, 5:23 pm

George Carlin wrote:I've missed you Hersh - nobody else is quite the same cross between Captain Manwaring, Mr Magoo, Simon Cowell, Victor Meldrew, Basil Fawlty and Stuart Barnes.

there's a healthy dose of Kermit in their too

Gatts

Back to top Go down

RWC 2011 Will Be Remembered As A Non Event - Page 4 Empty Re: RWC 2011 Will Be Remembered As A Non Event

Post by George Carlin Tue 22 Nov 2011, 5:51 pm

Gatts wrote:
George Carlin wrote:I've missed you Hersh - nobody else is quite the same cross between Captain Manwaring, Mr Magoo, Simon Cowell, Victor Meldrew, Basil Fawlty and Stuart Barnes.

there's a healthy dose of Kermit in their too

And perhaps, having considered, just a pinch of Frank Spencer.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 22 Nov 2011, 6:08 pm

Ooh Betty!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Tue 22 Nov 2011, 6:11 pm

Frank Spencer doesn´t fit with that group even though Hersh often is having a bit of trouble... to make people see his point of view.

Alf Garnett or even Hyacinth Bucket fit more in the overbearing, pompous category.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Tue 22 Nov 2011, 6:15 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Frank Spencer doesn´t fit with that group even though Hersh often is having a bit of trouble... to make people see his point of view.

Alf Garnett or even Hyacinth Bucket fit more in the overbearing, pompous category.

Hyacinth definitely

Hersh will now be known as Hyacinth Bucket

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 22 Nov 2011, 6:32 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Frank Spencer doesn´t fit with that group even though Hersh often is having a bit of trouble... to make people see his point of view.

Alf Garnett! That's who I was looking for! Laugh Laugh Laugh
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Wed 23 Nov 2011, 12:00 am

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:haha dublin dave. Probably misjudging the event and thinking it´s like the Wellington Sevens and everybody is in a party atmosphere. Quite agree that such tasteless melodic popcorn deserves the heave-ho.

Its because generally NZ crowds are serious and quiet. Pins dropping echo at the Caketin. I was amazed at all the fun and noise at the WC games. Very non NZ I thought.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 23 Nov 2011, 12:08 am

I noticed when i was in sydney two years ago for a warratahs vs crusaders game that the kiwis, young ones usually not working in banks by day, loved to dress up in amusing costumes. I thought it was great, really added to the atmosphere.

There were a few young welsh lads interviewed in auckland on bbc radio wales dressed as seventies rugby players with side burns etc going to all the games...

All great fun. It was a brilliant RWC one i am sure we wont forget.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4