The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murray/Mitchell v Rios

3 posters

Go down

Murray/Mitchell v Rios Empty Murray/Mitchell v Rios

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:17 pm

Frank Warren has said he's been speaking to Bob Arum about the winner of Murray v Mitchell on the 9th, next saturday night to face WBA Lightweight champ, America's Brandon Rios, who also fights on the 9th July, defending his title against Urban Antillon.

MURRAY V RIOS
Murray is easy to hit and if he can be bust up at european level by Spanish roadsweepers this could be too big an ask for him, however we won't truly know if he's over/under rated until he steps up, which he does next saturday

MITCHELL V RIOS
If Mitchell boxes like he did against Prescott he's a problem for anybody, very, very difficult to tag and used his very,very fast hands and feet to brilliant effect, obviously he was blew away by Katsidis, but we have since heard about his rows at home, moving out and back and fourth and missing valuable running and training. It's easy to say he should of been more dedicated but nobody who hasn't been there knows what was wrong. Boxing News' Danny Flexen also revealed Mitchell was told by Jimmy Tibbs to pull out because his head wasn't right. Mitchell could beat Rios if he returns to form imo, He's quicker, hits hard and is the better boxer.

Does anybody think the winner of Murray v Mitchell will get the shot at Rios?

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Murray/Mitchell v Rios Empty Re: Murray/Mitchell v Rios

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:26 pm

Both get beat by rios imo, but mitchell definitely has the better chance.

Murray vs Rios- would be a bloodbath and Murray would be out of there inside 8. Murray is good at using his natural strength and workload to beat his opponents. Rios is bigger, stronger, faster and has a granite chin. Murray would stand toe to toe with him, get caught flush due to his poor defense and would be backed up for the first time. I can see him pulling out around round 7. RTR rd 7.

Mitchell vs Rios- A 100% focused mitchell could go into the 6th round ahead on the scorecards. However, I can't see him lasting. Acosta was world class, skilful, quick and powerful and rios managed to catch up with him and take him out in spectacular fashion. Mitchell isnt nearly as big as Acosta, doesn't have the same power and I doubt he has better stamina. TKO round 9.

Neither are world class and rios could be the next big hung due to his relentless aggression, beautiful body work, granite chin and good basic boxing skills.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:31 pm

Mitchell jabs his head off for me WHU if he's focused which he would be i think he's learned from his mistakes, i seen him at the tko gym a few weeks ago and he looked in unbelievable shape, and focused, i see him destroying Murray and i think he'd beat Rios if up for it, not sold on Rios myself to be honest.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:20 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:Mitchell jabs his head off for me WHU if he's focused which he would be i think he's learned from his mistakes, i seen him at the tko gym a few weeks ago and he looked in unbelievable shape, and focused, i see him destroying Murray and i think he'd beat Rios if up for it, not sold on Rios myself to be honest.

I've yet to be convinced of Mitchell at LW, he had power at SFW but as I said at LW is he is untested. He is a tricky fighter and is a favourite of mine being a hammers fan.

Mitchell will outbox murray quite easily imo. But rios is a different ball game. Peterson and Acosta are both hard to hit, skilful opponents and rios delt with them easily enough.

Rios is a huge LW and fights like a Mexican warrior. He will easily be the largest opponent Kevin would have fought including both Murray (assuming he wins) and katsidis, and Mitchell looks small at LW. Atm, the only fighters that can beat him ar LW is Guerrero and JMM. The closest opponents to rios Mitchell has fought is katsidis and johansson, two of the hardest opponents if kevins career.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:21 pm

Rios has bigger fish to fry...............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:50 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Rios has bigger fish to fry...............

I don't think he is in too much of a hurry tbh. He is only 24, is inexperianced and doesn't have many names on his CV. With JMM going to retire after manny (hopefully) and Guerrero campaigning at LWW Rios is the main man at LW. He is coming up against Antillon who is another name and is the toughest opponent he will have faced to date, we can see how he performs against brawlers. Murray is ranked #4 by the ring and mitchell used to have a high(ish) ranking. Rios should try to get Antillon and Murray/Mitchell winner out of the way, get a larger fanbase (his stock took a nosedive after the roach video) and set up a unification fight with soto.

If everything goes to plan he will be in a much better position to negotiate with champions at LWW and WW. Fights like Rios-Soto, Rios-Maidana, Rios-Matthysse, Rios-Bradley would all be potential FOTY. He also has a long standing fued with victor Ortiz which would be fun to see at WW in he future

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down