The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brandon Rios vs John Murray - Confirmed By Rios

+13
Nico the gman
Michaels, Sean
TRUSSMAN66
Boxtthis
coxy0001
Valero's Conscience
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
ONETWOFOREVER
bellchees
The Galveston Giant
eddyfightfan
Scottrf
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
17 posters

Go down

Brandon Rios vs John Murray - Confirmed By Rios Empty Brandon Rios vs John Murray - Confirmed By Rios

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 06 Oct 2011, 10:20 pm

This match has now been confirmed by Brandon Rios on Twitter.

First off why isn't triple pie and mash Mitchell up for a fight like this whenever he dismantled Murray brilliantly in their fight.

Is Warren planning to wrap Mitchell in cotton wool after be got spanked good and proper last time he stepped up?

Second off, what way do you see this going?

Personally I see Murray getting stopped again like the Mitchell fight. kev showed what can be done if you use the basics properly as he did in the mid rounds.

3rd December @ Madison Square Garden .

Thoughts??

Last edited by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Brandon Rios vs John Murray - Confirmed By Rios Empty Re: Brandon Rios vs John Murray - Confirmed By Rios

Post by Scottrf Thu 06 Oct 2011, 10:24 pm

He's getting Katsidis some hype and a title before putting him back in with Mitchell IMO.

Murray doesn't last long here. Could honestly see it over within 3.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Brandon Rios vs John Murray - Confirmed By Rios Empty Re: Brandon Rios vs John Murray - Confirmed By Rios

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 06 Oct 2011, 10:27 pm

think mitchell should have been offered this fight, but not suprised. i think a rematch would be interesting between them, as i thought murray was going to win till he was KOd, and i dont think rios would lose to any the 2

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 06 Oct 2011, 10:28 pm

You could be on to something there Scott, Murray won't see the end of the first round.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 06 Oct 2011, 10:34 pm

Lads it's a complete joke which Warren has done again. James DeFail and John Murray - two losers getting the better fights over their previous opponents who beat them.

Crazy from that wreched fish faced c-nt
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 06 Oct 2011, 10:37 pm

How do you know Mitchell didn't turn the fights down? You can't blame him for getting his fighters good opportunities. Was he supposed to let Groves get the Euro title shot over his fighter?

You don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate.

Regardless I think he's looking out for Mitchell.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 06 Oct 2011, 10:38 pm

Short one sided hammering in this one. Rios vs Guerrero would be my pick of the fights to be made at Lightweight.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 06 Oct 2011, 10:42 pm

Rios vs Guerrero what a fight. My opinion is that Mitchell has refused this or Warren has decided to feed Murray to Rios. The right move either way i think.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 06 Oct 2011, 10:52 pm

It's going to be hard for the Rios camp to justify Murray as a worthy challenger seeing as he has fought one borderline world level fighter and got knocked out. Must be a keep busy fight for him while waiting for someone better with Marquez otherwise engaged until November.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 06 Oct 2011, 11:33 pm

bellchees is right how can this fight be sold in the states? Mitchall would make more sense the guy aint getting any younger.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 07 Oct 2011, 1:13 am

Mitchell seems pretty much guaranteed the winner of Burns vs Katsidis which is an easier task than Rios. Rios does everything better than Murray who has found his level at European level this is madness putting him in with Rios. All over within 4 rounds for me and Murray will probably get sparked out.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 07 Oct 2011, 8:47 am

Easy win for Rios, his pressure will consume Murray and can't see him making it beyond the 6th round.

Brave for Murray to take this shot considering he's coming off a TKO loss to a lesser foe than the one he's about to face!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 07 Oct 2011, 8:52 am

Mitchell doesn't have the power to keep Rios from swarming and beating him up.

He struggled quite alot with Murray, got taken apart by Katsidis (who was and is past it) once he hit the gas pedal and has struggled with the euro level likes of Johanneson before.

Sorry, but Rios is a monster at the weight and Mitchell's punches would just bounce off him. That and Rios is a far, far better boxer than most think he is/is given credit for.

Easy victory for Rios, definately inside 6 for me and if the fight ever got made i'd back Rios heavily to win and would stick 50 on R1-3. Wouldn't even be competitive. Euro level vs world level/will be P4P level.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 07 Oct 2011, 9:19 am

Rios by early to mid round KO. Murray doesn't move enough and he'll just get pounded by Rios - who's super tough, relentless, and a very big puncher at the weight.

I also agree that Mitchell wouldn't be able to keep Rios off him.

It'll take a really good fighter to beat Rios. But, like any boxer that relies on toughness, power, and relentless pressure rather than movement and technique (i.e. Rios, Margarito, etc), I think someone will thoroughly outbox him at some point. Although it's going to take a much better boxer than Mitchell or Murray.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 07 Oct 2011, 9:21 am

First off why isn't triple pie and mash Mitchell up for a fight like this whenever he dismantled Murray brilliantly in their fight.

Brilliantly? He struggled no-ends with a guy who's not exactly banging down doors at elite level.

And after my rant about Mitchell i forgot about Murray. Gets absolutely smashed to bits. I'd forget about just backing Rios, would probably whack a fair bit on R1-3 and R4-6 (depending on odds)

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:36 am

coxy0001 wrote:

Brilliantly? He struggled no-ends with a guy who's not exactly banging down doors at elite level.

And after my rant about Mitchell i forgot about Murray. Gets absolutely smashed to bits. I'd forget about just backing Rios, would probably whack a fair bit on R1-3 and R4-6 (depending on odds)

Yes Coxy brilliantly.

The first half of the fight was really close and Mitchell looked to be getting outgunned. But when Mitchell started moving and working off the jab, you could slowly see Murray faltering and getting what a lot of people predicted would happen at some point. And Mitchell finished excellently as well. Im not talking about Katsidas. I never mentioned that fight in the original post.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:39 am

Murray was found out and took a severe beating....brave lad though!

Think a la Chavez-Rosario....it will have an aging affect on him.....

Murray is a busted flush....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:41 am

Not sure if true, but heard Mitchell's legal issues stop him fighting in the States.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:42 am

Dismantling brilliantly you'd associate with Martinez v Dzinruk, how he outgunned, outfought and never lost a minute of a round.

You can't say the same for Mitchell against Murray, who had severe struggles. He didn't dismantle him, he just found a way to win after being outboxed for periods of the fight.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:23 am

Sounds like Frank is giving Murray one last payday before abandoning him for the fighters in his camp who will make him a few quid...it's Frank's way, he's done it for years and will continue to do.

Probably sounds churlish,however it's Friday and I don't care, but I'd like to see Mitchell get beaten by either Katsidis or Burns as comeuppance for Warren's method of treating some of his fighters.

Murray's a decent fighter and a decent fella (he said he hoped him and Mitchell could have a beer together after their fight) and to be thrown to the wolves speaks volumes for Warren. He must be aware that Murray isn't in Rios' league but instead of keeping his fighter safe, he dresses it up as "the opportunity of lifetime"

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:25 am

DAVE667 wrote:Sounds like Frank is giving Murray one last payday before abandoning him for the fighters in his camp who will make him a few quid...it's Frank's way, he's done it for years and will continue to do.

Probably sounds churlish,however it's Friday and I don't care, but I'd like to see Mitchell get beaten by either Katsidis or Burns as comeuppance for Warren's method of treating some of his fighters.

Murray's a decent fighter and a decent fella (he said he hoped him and Mitchell could have a beer together after their fight) and to be thrown to the wolves speaks volumes for Warren. He must be aware that Murray isn't in Rios' league but instead of keeping his fighter safe, he dresses it up as "the opportunity of lifetime"
But then if they don't get shots or picks the weak champs he's seen as safety first, cherry picking Warren.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:31 am

It's becoming a bit of a trend for fighters to go abroad for big fights.

Jennings v Cotto
Hatton v Alvarez
Macklin v Sturm
Barker v Martinez.

I may be wrong but I can't remember relatively high profile Brits doing this in recent times.....
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:32 am

Hatton-Mayweather
Hatton-Pacquiao
Calzaghe-RJJ
Calzaghe-Hopkins
Khan-Maidana
Haye-Klitschko

What do you mean?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:37 am

Hamed vs Barrera

Really, what do you mean?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:53 am

Well Calzaghe, Hatton and Haye were World Level. As was Hamed Dee.

These guys are youngish, domestic to euro level fighters basically on a hiding to nothing.

I only really remember Howard Eastman taking fights of a similar ilk in recent times.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 07 Oct 2011, 5:32 pm

Admittedly our British fighters haven't been given much of a chance and I can't see Murray upsetting the odds either,but they are showing a lot more guts than the so called better fighters who are doing a lot of ducking and diving to avoid the top fighters ie Martinez.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Fri 07 Oct 2011, 6:21 pm

Murray will put up a good performance for all 2 and half minutes of this fight.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 08 Oct 2011, 12:34 am

Murray and Rios are relatively similar fighters, both come forward and throw leather, but one does it faster hits harder and does everything better.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 08 Oct 2011, 1:11 am

poor Murray, this has Rios KO inside 4 written all over it

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 08 Oct 2011, 1:13 am

Don't quite understand how he can come straight off a loss at Euro level then get a world title shot... but you know.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 08 Oct 2011, 1:34 am

easy mate, Warren can get him a title fight, he will be entertaining while it lasts with his come forward style and most importantly... Rios will get to spark him cold. I think Warren is cashing in on Murray, which is ironic because before the fight with Mitchel i think he was expecting Murray to be the one going on to world title ops woth his 0 intact. Not anymore.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 08 Oct 2011, 1:38 am

Perhaps, seeing as he's got a few world title attempts coming in. PRetty much sends the lamb to the slaughter in Murray, then Burns Katsidis, then the winner of that gets Mitchell, Burns Mitchell = easy sell Katsidis Mitchel = even easier sell, straight up 3 world title fights in quick succession = Warens pockets full.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:31 am

Warren has pulled off a bit of a stroke here. First off it's a certainty that Mitchell will get the winner of Burns vs Katsidis and like Alex said either fight is a easy sell. Then if Murray did beat Rios (which is unlikely but not impossible) then a Murray vs Mithcell rematch would be huge. If Murray loses than you can pretty much guarantee a unification bout between Rios and Mitchell in mid 2012. Warren has fed two of his fighters in Burns and Murray to the lions for his beloved Mitchell.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:51 am

Just get a feeling Mitchell could take Kats now also... Think Burns will get beat because he doesnt hold enough power to keep Kats off and to be honest I don't think he's elusive enough either whereas Mitchell might just be catching him at the right time... Kats is on the slide now (Still massively entertaining!) and Mitchell this time I think should be able to pull a UD off.
Let's not forget since the Mitchell fight he's been beaten up badly in the Marqez fight then took non stop punishment against Guerrero, beat Lozada (As expected) and in truth he was possibly on the slide in the first fight now even further down the line against a what looks to be a truly dedicated Mitchell... I could see Mitchell pulling it off, then he's got a world champion...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:38 pm

Warren has confirmed this will be on the undercard of Cotto Margarito II.

Seems he realises that Murray has reached his ceiling following the Mitchell defeat and is now happy to feed him to Rios for a payday. If Murray couldn't take mitchells shots he's got no chance with Rios, and his 'walk em down easy to hit' style will probably make it a short nights work for the yank.

As for Mitchell? Yes he'll probably face the winner of burns Katz, and I'd tip him to beat either. Burns has no power at 130 so I doubt he'll trouble anyone at 135. I think Katz - a big lightweight - will stop him. I'd back Mitchell to beat Katz second time out, you could see the difference in him for the Murray fight both physically and mentally. JMM and Guerrero showed that if you stick to boxing against Katz he's easily outclassed. Not saying Mitchell is in their league of course, but he can box on the back foot and has respectable power, plus Katz has been beaten up a few times since they first met. Mitchell on points second time round, then a unification with Rios in which he'll get stopped I'd think.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 08 Oct 2011, 6:03 pm

Does this mean BoxNation has Cotto Marg on?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down