The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd: I Want Pacquaio

+19
AlexHuckerby
TRUSSMAN66
tunes666
J.Benson II
huw
Knowsit17
Lumbering_Jack
BALTIMORA
Imperial Ghosty
prettyboytone
Young_Towzer
Sugar Boy Sweetie
eddyfightfan
Michaels, Sean
88Chris05
coxy0001
Rowley
Fists of Fury
DoubleD22
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Floyd: I Want Pacquaio - Page 3 Empty Floyd: I Want Pacquaio

Post by DoubleD22 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:21 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi Guys,

Just come across this on the sky sports app so thought id share it with you.

Former Pound for Poundking Floyd Mayweather Jr has offered hope to boxing fans worldwide by insisting he wants to fight reigning kingpin Manny Pacquaio.

Negotiations with Filipino superstar Pacquaio, who tackles Juan MAnuel Marquez for a third time on 11 November, have stalled over Mayweather's insistence on Olympic style drug testing.

Maywather will end a 16 mont lay-off when he returns against WBC Welterweight champion Victor Ortiz at the MGM Grand on 17 September.

"I want to let the fans know, Floyd Mayweather dont duck or dodge anyone"

Said the American,41-0 at a press conference to promote the Ortiz clash.

" Do i want the pacquiao fight? Absolutley. If thats what the fans want, thats what il give to them, but i cant overlook Victor Ortiz.Hes tough and hes earned the right. Out of 29 fights, he has had 22 KO,s"

" I never once said Manny Pacquiao was cheating. I Just said that me and any opponent that i face, must take the test.

"HBO could have already made the fight happen by stepping in and saying 'both of you take the test' and this fight would have already happened"

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Floyd: I Want Pacquaio - Page 3 Empty Re: Floyd: I Want Pacquaio

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:50 pm

Sugar Boy, the only problem with a Pacquiao win is that it could precipitate the return of a certain mental hugger...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:50 pm

The legs going attribute to diminishing reflexes too, it's one thing knowing what you should be doing but it's another to have the attributes to carry it out. With Pacquiao it's not a loss of speed that will do for him in the end but it would be what appears to be a lack of ring intelligence.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:18 pm

Poor old Floyd......doesn't realise he'll have to come in at 138 catchweight yet....Or if he looks too comfortable a few weeks before then 136...

I'm not overly bothered if it happens...hope it does but....

Floyd has already got his legacy..................

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 29 Jun 2011, 8:11 pm

To be fair even if they have both slipped a bit can you realistically see anyone in the divisions actually beating them apart from these two...?
They're the best two fighters on the planet they've proved that... LET'S GET IT ON!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:04 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
Likewise, but in Manny's favour. I think the Filipino absolutely wipes the floor with him around the 10th round, with his daft uncle complaining about the stoppage post fight

Couldn't get Clottey, Marg, Mosley or Cotto out (only actually got Cotto "out" but in the 12th) of there and on a scale of "easyness to hit" you've got:

Mayweather 10
Clottey 6
Mosley 5
Cotto 3
Margarito 1

Yet FMJ gets blasted out in 10. Yup, your reasoning is both flawed and wrong.

Judah outspeeded him for 7 rounds and would of won if he had a brain, but Mayweather struggled with him but beats Manny 'well' ? mmmm Yahoo

See you're still struggling for a brain.

Shall we also revert back to how Manny got counter punched the s**t out of by Marquez? Twice.

Difference is FMJ simply reverted to a different method/tactic of fighting and then promptly annhialated Judah. Judah has come out with more excuses than you can shake a stick at, but i guess you didn't know that, right?

And Judah won the first 3, that's it. Stop making stuff up to try to back up your comments, it's a bit of a dim thing to do when debating with adults who have a brain!

Struggling for a brain? reporting that. I don't rate Judah, but i seen the fight live and he beat him to the punch and was beating him after 7 rounds, shall we revert to what you will say when Pacquiao destroys Marquez? countered ? didn't he drop him 4 times, win and draw? yeah i thought so as well, Pacquiao in 10 rounds, nothing changes my mind, the reflexes are going as well i seen that against Mosley. And Manny's faster, better and the number 1 now. Making things up? i don't make nothing up he only fights guys when it suits him, Pacquiao will destroy him, also lets be realistic, it's a bit immature saying someone doesn't have a brain just because they don't share your opinion, i've always said you refuse people an opinion, i think that backs it up, i've reported you as well. You can't go about saying stuff like that, not having it me Very Happy

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:09 pm

It is interesting that both fighters seem to "Struggle" with each others particular style. But to be fair they have generally come through looking very good and most importantly usualy give good action. Which imo is the most important thing.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:12 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:It is interesting that both fighters seem to "Struggle" with each others particular style. But to be fair they have generally come through looking very good and most importantly usualy give good action. Which imo is the most important thing.

I wasn't saying because he struggled and was easily outspeeded by Judah he would Manny though, Pacquiao's faster, better, stronger and can stick to a gameplan something Judah cannot for the life of him do. Pacquiao would be a nightmare for him imo, Mayweather's a better boxer and all you hear is the he'll pick Manny off cobblers, i dunno about anyone else but i don't think Pacquiao's as brain dead or gung-ho as Hatton, Roach would come up with a gameplan for Mayweather, that imo would need to involve head movement, cutting the ring down superbly and using his superior speed which he always does anyway. Lets see how Mayweather deals with a guy who is faster than him, wants the fight more and is destroying everyone. From my calculations, he's never faced that man.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:21 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:It is interesting that both fighters seem to "Struggle" with each others particular style. But to be fair they have generally come through looking very good and most importantly usualy give good action. Which imo is the most important thing.

I wasn't saying because he struggled and was easily outspeeded by Judah he would Manny though, Pacquiao's faster, better, stronger and can stick to a gameplan something Judah cannot for the life of him do. Pacquiao would be a nightmare for him imo, Mayweather's a better boxer and all you hear is the he'll pick Manny off cobblers, i dunno about anyone else but i don't think Pacquiao's as brain dead or gung-ho as Hatton, Roach would come up with a gameplan for Mayweather, that imo would need to involve head movement, cutting the ring down superbly and using his superior speed which he always does anyway. Lets see how Mayweather deals with a guy who is faster than him, wants the fight more and is destroying everyone. From my calculations, he's never faced that man.

I wasn't saying that you were saying that YT Smile
Also I agree with you but same thing with Mayweather he's not daft he knows whats gonna be coming like he did against Hatton he'll try and make the necessary adjustments, one thing I will say with Mayweather that after the Castillo fight I see a lot more thought into things with him something that will get overlooked. He maps a better gameplan out and is a bit faster in changing strategy and making his adjustments (Something we didn't see very him do very quickly in the Castillo fight it took him until about Round ten until he started to seriously push back) as we saw against Judah and Mosley after he was rocked he became aggressive to keep the punches off and slowed SSM down until there was nothing left to be afraid of.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:22 pm

But to reiterate: Pacquiao struggled mightily with Marquez, who in turn is a counter-punched like Mayweather, only smaller and not as skilled.

Let's see how Pacquiao deals with that, because he's never faced anything quite like THAT man.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:28 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:But to reiterate: Pacquiao struggled mightily with Marquez, who in turn is a counter-punched like Mayweather, only smaller and not as skilled.

Let's see how Pacquiao deals with that, because he's never faced anything quite like THAT man.

Mayweather is a much harder fighter to figure out and better than Marquez, i don't doubt that, but i also dont think that shoulder roll copes with the combinations you just don't see coming, also it's about 4 or 5 times harder to counter someone as fast as Pacquiao than bums like Baldomir, Judah. Pacquiao as i said imo would get him late on, i just don't see how Manny doesn't land and people who say Pacquiao hasn't got the power to stop him, do me a favour he's stopped world class welterweights out before. Ie Cotto. Lets see how Mayweather deals with a fighter as good as Manny because he's never faced anything quite like THAT Manny.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:35 pm

The main way to not get countered is to not throw single punches it's rare that we see MP only throw single punches. When he does it's usually the blindingly fast straight left the annihalated the likes of Cotto - Margarito and De La Hoya, also MP might not be the most intellgient boxer but he's an expert at moving in and out of range that is another tool to throw off a counter puncher.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 30 Jun 2011, 2:26 am

See you do destroy your own argument by calling someone like Judah a bum nor was he ahead after 7 rounds against Mayweather, with scorecards like 119-109, 116-112 and 117-111 it's an impossibility

You say Mayweather has never faced anyone as good as Pacquiao but when has Pacquiao ever faced anyone approaching the level of Mayweather? Hell when has he ever comfortably beaten a counter puncher?

Also comparing Cotto to Mayweather is fairly inconsequential, one is a very good champion whereas the other is a bonafide all time great

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 30 Jun 2011, 5:45 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:See you do destroy your own argument by calling someone like Judah a bum nor was he ahead after 7 rounds against Mayweather, with scorecards like 119-109, 116-112 and 117-111 it's an impossibility

You say Mayweather has never faced anyone as good as Pacquiao but when has Pacquiao ever faced anyone approaching the level of Mayweather? Hell when has he ever comfortably beaten a counter puncher?

Also comparing Cotto to Mayweather is fairly inconsequential, one is a very good champion whereas the other is a bonafide all time great

I don't destroy anything Zab Judah is an has been, who beat Mayweather to the punch for 7 rounds, Lennox Lewis even commented on it throughout the fight and he troubled Mayweather. 'Hell' when as Mayweather ever faced a lightning fast destroyer who can genuinely take him out? because Pacquiao certainly can, like it or not. It would be a huge step up for both guys. I never compared Cotto with anyone, i said if Pacquiao can stop a proper fighter like him proves his power @ww to say he couldn't stop Mayweather is laughable, if he lands, he stops him imo.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 30 Jun 2011, 8:18 am

Yes but Cotto was in survival mode and had taken a sustained beating since the 5th. To be honest bayliss couldve let Cotto see that fight out by the time he stopped it. Mayweather is too evasive, clever and defensively skilled to take a sustained beating. I also think mayweather has a solid chin having seen him take clean power shots from Mosley and Oscar at 154, both of whom have greater power than manny at 147 - mannys power is good at the weight but not devastating. And Judah didn't beat floyd to the punch for 7 rounds, no way. He won 1,2 and 4 and lost the rest, and even that is because mayweather is a slow starter who takes a few rounds to suss his man out. Apart from castillio 1 I've never seen him not adapt.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:03 am

I'd be able to take your opinion more seriously if you weren't so biased against Mayweather that it results in you spouting lies, Judah was not beating Mayweather to the punch for 7 rounds, he won at most 3 rounds in the whole fight, strange how Mayweather is losing for 7 rounds but somehow wins a clear unanimous decision.

As for Pacquiao stopping Mayweather, taking into account their previous fights it seems highly unlikely considering Pacquiao has decent power at the weight but nothing in the Mosley realms and we saw how Mayweather took his best. Also you can probably count on one hand the number of times Floyd has been caught flush so can't see a somewhat reckless puncher like Pacquiao succeeding where others have failed.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:11 am

Towzer

You're making yourself seem a bit silly with this one.

You keep claiming for "7 rounds" he beat him to the punch. Yet you're quite clearly making stuff up. Judah had nominal success, as is sometimes the way against FMJ, for the first few rounds before Floyd had him figured and was then dominated to the point he threw a massively illegal punch through frustration.

You don't gas after 3 rounds when in the apparent prime of his career. Judah has used more excuses than i have condoms as well.

I've double checked, but for someone being "beaten to the punch" as you claim so much for "7 rounds" (liar, pathetic) winning by scores of 119-109, 116-112 and 117-111 suggest something far different. Not only that but general consensus was he won the fight by a mile.

And your "if he lands he stops him" arguement is pretty laughable to say the least. How many times has Mayweather been put down? Zero. How many times has he been wobbled? Twice or so? And that's it. Manny threw everything he had at Cotto, Clottey, Margarito and DLH and couldn't get them out of there. Yet you think he'll be able to overpower a guy who won't take 200+ power shots (he barely gets hit 100 times in a fight by any sort of punch) and will be making Pacquaio think what he's doing for fear of receiving a big counter after he misses/FMJ sets him a trap.

Your bias is laughable and your imaginary "7 rounds" arguement is one full of lies.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:15 am

Coxy0001: You don't gas after 3 rounds when in the apparent prime of his career. Judah has used more excuses than i have condoms as well.
--------
Two excuses doesn't seem like many to me coxy. Or are you included the ones you've blown up and put on your head?!
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:15 am

Before this one goes off I'd like to appeal to you all to keep it the right side of personal. Personal attacks will be edited out, ( as I have already done, a minute or two ago, ) so it is a waste of your time to write them and a waste of mine to edit them.

Knock seven bells out of each other's arguments, by all means. Accuse each other of bias - even lies - and I'll keep my nose out. Start the personal stuff and I'll poke my nose in.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:17 am

Coxy you're not helping my campaign to get you on the moderation team

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:18 am

And we don't want that happening, he's lost his handkerchief...

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:18 am

rowley wrote:Coxy you're not helping my campaign to get you on the moderation team

He's not doing a bad job in trying to get me off it.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:19 am

Was just about to PM you Windy but beat me to it

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Peacehavenboy Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:20 am

Young_Towzer wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:But to reiterate: Pacquiao struggled mightily with Marquez, who in turn is a counter-punched like Mayweather, only smaller and not as skilled.

Mayweather is a much harder fighter to figure out and better than Marquez, i don't doubt that, but i also dont think that shoulder roll copes with the combinations you just don't see coming, also it's about 4 or 5 times harder to counter someone as fast as Pacquiao than bums like Baldomir, Judah. Pacquiao as i said imo would get him late on, i just don't see how Manny doesn't land and people who say Pacquiao hasn't got the power to stop him, do me a favour he's stopped world class welterweights out before. Ie Cotto. Lets see how Mayweather deals with a fighter as good as Manny because he's never faced anything quite like THAT Manny.

YT, can you let me know which welterweights Pacman has stopped at 147lbs please?

Peacehavenboy

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:30 am

HumanWindmill wrote:
rowley wrote:Coxy you're not helping my campaign to get you on the moderation team

I've not said anything abusive......... If people want to bend the truth by a matter of 4 rounds and a whole 12 minutes then they should be called a liar.

Coxy for Admin! C'mon everyone, this'll be our "Yes we can" 606 campaign!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:32 am

coxy0001 wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

I've not said anything abusive......... If people want to bend the truth by a matter of 4 rounds and a whole 12 minutes then they should be called a liar.

suspect it will meet with all the success of Audley's Yes I can campaign

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:37 am

coxy0001 wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

If you read my post again you'll see that I promised to keep my nose out about allegations of bias and untruths, coxy.

It was the stuff which I edited to which I was referring.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:40 am

No idea what you edited....

YES WE CAN, YES WE CAN!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:51 am

coxy0001 wrote:No idea what you edited....

YES WE CAN, YES WE CAN!

I applaud your attention span. And :

NO YOU CAN'T, NO YOU CAN'T.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:57 am

HumanWindmill wrote:

YES WE CAN, YES WE CAN!

More like not being all that arrissed to scroll up and look

YES WE CAN!

Democracy will rule!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:57 am

on the subject of manny style fighters having shorter careers than slicksters like mayweather. Is that because their legs go? Or is it that they usually get punchy because of the wars they've been in? Bit of both perhaps but I've always thought more the latter than the former. Pacman's had his share of battles but not too many recently and he doesn't ship leather like a gatti.

I agree that mayweather isn't a jones junior style fighter as his defence is as much technique as reflex, but even so, i'd say it's just as often the speedsters that struggle with the aging process... eg Leonard and graham, even Ali had to change style... and as others have said that's the key - the ability to accept the aging process and adapt with it.

Personally, given Manny's history with technical counterpunchers, i always strongly fancied Mayweather if this fight was to happen... but only a fool would bet their life on it. It'll take a bit more than pbf saying he'll fight anyone before i get excited about it tho'

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peacehavenboy Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:58 am

Thanks Milkyboy for getting back on topic!

Peacehavenboy

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 30 Jun 2011, 11:01 am

coxy0001 wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

YES WE CAN, YES WE CAN!

More like not being all that arrissed to scroll up and look

YES WE CAN!

Democracy will rule!

Democratic opinion is that personal insults are unnecessary.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 30 Jun 2011, 11:56 am

Young_Towzer wrote:

Pacquiao's stopped zero welterweights at FULL 147. Even against Cotto it was a cumulative stoppage, not a one-punch decimation like you seem to fancifully persist in.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 30 Jun 2011, 11:59 am

Did you have to Balti? This thread was making its way nicely down the page.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat 02 Jul 2011, 12:42 am

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10228.html?PHPSESSID=1e0b255009e6d1b9487f18a5f43bb0ad

Interesting interview

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3