The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd: I Want Pacquaio

+19
AlexHuckerby
TRUSSMAN66
tunes666
J.Benson II
huw
Knowsit17
Lumbering_Jack
BALTIMORA
Imperial Ghosty
prettyboytone
Young_Towzer
Sugar Boy Sweetie
eddyfightfan
Michaels, Sean
88Chris05
coxy0001
Rowley
Fists of Fury
DoubleD22
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Floyd: I Want Pacquaio Empty Floyd: I Want Pacquaio

Post by DoubleD22 Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:21 am

Hi Guys,

Just come across this on the sky sports app so thought id share it with you.

Former Pound for Poundking Floyd Mayweather Jr has offered hope to boxing fans worldwide by insisting he wants to fight reigning kingpin Manny Pacquaio.

Negotiations with Filipino superstar Pacquaio, who tackles Juan MAnuel Marquez for a third time on 11 November, have stalled over Mayweather's insistence on Olympic style drug testing.

Maywather will end a 16 mont lay-off when he returns against WBC Welterweight champion Victor Ortiz at the MGM Grand on 17 September.

"I want to let the fans know, Floyd Mayweather dont duck or dodge anyone"

Said the American,41-0 at a press conference to promote the Ortiz clash.

" Do i want the pacquiao fight? Absolutley. If thats what the fans want, thats what il give to them, but i cant overlook Victor Ortiz.Hes tough and hes earned the right. Out of 29 fights, he has had 22 KO,s"

" I never once said Manny Pacquiao was cheating. I Just said that me and any opponent that i face, must take the test.

"HBO could have already made the fight happen by stepping in and saying 'both of you take the test' and this fight would have already happened"

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Floyd: I Want Pacquaio Empty Re: Floyd: I Want Pacquaio

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:23 am

Do i want the pacquiao fight? Absolutley. If thats what the fans want, thats what il give to them, but i cant overlook Victor Ortiz.Hes tough and hes earned the right. Out of 29 fights, he has had 22 KO,s"

Yes of course Floyd, so you have only just this moment realised that this is the fight the fans want? Do me a favour, more like he has finally waited long enough for Manny to show very slight signs of slowing down, and now deems it to be a slightly safer option than it was 2 years ago. He's kidding nobody.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:28 am

Totaly agree Fists,

Hes been biding his time knowing that with the style in which Pacquiao fights he is going to slow down soon and the sharpness will be fading. Smart move from him but i really wish they fought a few years back, still if the fight does happen im sure wel all be going crazy for it.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:36 am

About sums it up for me Double D for all our wishing the fight had happened a couple of years ago it would still be massive. Heres hoping it will finally come to be because on the back of this weekends fight the best facing each other has to be healthy and in the interests of balance you would probably have to say is reasonable to expect Floyd will have also slowed down a step. Just hope the fight can get made without all the soap opera will they won't they BS that has blighted it so far because I can only comment for myself but I have little interest in enduring that again, and a situation when hardcore fans a greeting potential mega fights with absolute ambivalence cannot be healthy.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:41 am

rowley wrote:About sums it up for me Double D for all our wishing the fight had happened a couple of years ago it would still be massive. Heres hoping it will finally come to be because on the back of this weekends fight the best facing each other has to be healthy and in the interests of balance you would probably have to say is reasonable to expect Floyd will have also slowed down a step. Just hope the fight can get made without all the soap opera will they won't they BS that has blighted it so far because I can only comment for myself but I have little interest in enduring that again, and a situation when hardcore fans a greeting potential mega fights with absolute ambivalence cannot be healthy.

It is all about fighting styles though, Jeff. Floyd's style lends itself to being 34 years old far more than Manny's does. He fights in a young mans way, and father time has a much more telling effect on that particular style.

Definitely want it to happen, but it is just a couple of years too late, where I thought it was a real pick 'em.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:42 am

Fists - tosh.

On the other hand you could say Pacquiao would have optimism based on how Floyd got tagged like never before against Mosley and hasn't exactly been active since.

Unless of course Mayweather, who is older than Manny, is able to hold off the effect of ageing?

Both are at the ends of their primes. Please don't suggest otherwise. How long did it take Wlad vs Haye to get made with all that wrangling? And Wlad seems to be getting better, doesn't seem like Haye has waited for him to slow down. Lets not forget Manny hasn't lost a round and has basically been opening himself right up as he's not had a challenge in fights (said so himself).

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:43 am

Very true fists would also have to say he has been far more active than Floyd, in all fairness though so have I. Pity it could not have happened a couple of years ago but would assume Manny will look pretty good against JMM so that should add some lustre to the fight and suppose the phrase better late than never holds true for this.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:49 am

I think its a testiment to the ability of these guys that though we would all have loved the fight to have taken place a couple of years ago, it is still a fight which will be fascinating to watch. Both of these guys have trememdous ability still and i envisage a cracking fight regardless of when they meet(if they meet). That just shows how supreme these 2 fighters are right now.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:54 am

Coxy - I am not suggesting both are in their primes, they're probably coming toward the end of that now, but what I'm trying to get across is that Manny's deterioration (if there is any) will be more noticeable than Floyd's, owing to the all action, 1000 punches per fight style.

Better late than never is indeed correct, however I can't help feeling we may have just missed out on what could have been an absolute humdinger 18-24 months ago.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:56 am

I wouldn't talk as if we're definitely going to get the fight just yet, fellas! At best, it'll be at least March / April time 2012 before we see it, what with Pacquiao fighting in November, and frankly, I don't think Mayweather saying "I want the Pacquiao fight" means all that much. Both of them 'wanted' it when it was originally pencilled in for March 13, 2010.

I still have my doubts as to whether this fight will materialize, but either way even if it does, we won't see any real developments until Christmas time at the earliest.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:58 am

88Chris05 wrote:I wouldn't talk as if we're definitely going to get the fight just yet, fellas! At best, it'll be at least March / April time 2012 before we see it, what with Pacquiao fighting in November, and frankly, I don't think Mayweather saying "I want the Pacquiao fight" means all that much. Both of them 'wanted' it when it was originally pencilled in for March 13, 2010.

I still have my doubts as to whether this fight will materialize, but either way even if it does, we won't see any real developments until Christmas time at the earliest.

Killjoy, if I get you my nephews home number do you want to give him a ring and tell him Father Christmas doesn't exist.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:03 am

When do you all think would have been the perfect time for this fight to happen?

For me it would have been after they had both beaten Hatton.

So instead of Pacquiao taking the Cotto fight and Floyd taking a lengthy time out of boxing.

Would of loved to see them fight then i think that would have certainly been a humdinger to borrow your phrase Fists!

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:04 am

Sobering thought, Floyd has fought as much as the missus has put out in the last 12 months.....
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:05 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:Sobering thought, Floyd has fought as much as the missus has put out in the last 12 months.....

Show off

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:08 am

i hope both floyd and manny lose there up coming matches, and the demand for the fight drops dramatically, then it may heed a warning to other boxers to take a few risks in order to cement that legacy- and strike while the iron is hot.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:10 am

DoubleD22 wrote:When do you all think would have been the perfect time for this fight to happen?

For me it would have been after they had both beaten Hatton.

I think the original date of March 2010 would have been absolutely perfect. After being out of the ring for nearly two years, I don't think Mayweather would have been well advised to take a fight with Pacquiao as his comeback in late 2009, so I didn't begrudge him the Marquez fight in September of that year. Meanwhile, Pacquiao didn't fully establish himself as a top class Welterweight until the Cotto fight in November 2009 for me (couldn't take all that much from the De la Hoya bout) but, with his performance against Cotto, the clamour for the Mayweather fight just about reached fever pitch.

I remember at Christmas 2009 when the March 13, 2010 date was announced. I couldn't wait. Little did I know...
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:11 am

Fully agree with your view Chris. After Pacquaio had taken out Cotto that was the right time, and a fight at that point would have offered the best insight into who truly is the better man.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:13 am

I haven't seen any particular signs of manny slowing down. He looked a bit off it in the mosley fight but that was alleged to be a calf muscle problem. Floyd is also older than manny. I agree it wouldve been better had it happened in march 2010. I think the next 12 months really has to be the time it happens, while both guys remain in their primes. Go much further than that and it becomes less relevant - not quite Jones Jr v Hopkins 2 but still one of this "shoulda happened earlier" fights.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:29 am

i think even great champions have an "off day" and the mosley fight was mannys. i cant see the fight happening that soon either, both are fighting towards the end of the year, i would imagine both fighters will take a rest after that and also will probably want a while to prepare for the fight. add into the mix that the issues over drug testing havent been resolved, manny intends to go into politics soon and with mayweather fighting ortiz he will be thrown back into the limelight again, therefore more money making oppertunitys are going to come mayweathers way- so i dont think this fight will happen before either man is noticably on the slide if it ever does

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:35 am

Fists of Fury wrote: Do i want the pacquiao fight? Absolutley. If thats what the fans want, thats what il give to them, but i cant overlook Victor Ortiz.Hes tough and hes earned the right. Out of 29 fights, he has had 22 KO,s"

Yes of course Floyd, so you have only just this moment realised that this is the fight the fans want? Do me a favour, more like he has finally waited long enough for Manny to show very slight signs of slowing down, and now deems it to be a slightly safer option than it was 2 years ago. He's kidding nobody.

I don't think he wants the fight fists, but i also don't think for one minute Manny is slowing down, he was apparently if you believe the bogus Johnny Nelson 'slowing down' after battering Shane Mosley and dropping him en route to a 12 round blowout. It wasn't vintage Pacquiao, but i still think Mayweather knows he can genuinely lose if he fights Manny. It's no coincidence imo how he returns when Pacquiao's tied up, i do give the guy huge credit for fighting Ortiz which is an harder fight than Marquez, however everyone on here and worldwide wants Manny to fight Marquez again. If they fight though, i believe Mayweather would lose, he's genuinely rattled by Pacquiao and his huge out of the ring troubles have came after his obsession with Manny kicked in. Hopefully we'll find out, although i'd love Ortiz to take him out, i see Mayweather winning that on points after maybe even been dropped, and Manny will win clearly on points against Marquez imo.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by prettyboytone Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:40 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2009345/Floyd-Mayweather-prepared-fight-Manny-Pacquiao.html

According to this articles headline, Mayweather is now ready to take on the 'Mexican' Pacquiao... What terrible, terrible journalism.

prettyboytone

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:51 am

That truly is shocking journalism, incredibly lazy, uninformed and disrespectful.

Moving on to what Young Towzer said, I'm still not entirely sold on Ortiz, was a very gutsy performance against Berto, but you don't have to look too far back to his utterly dreadful performance against Peterson.

Not too sure Floyd wants the fight just yet, and in all likelihood he will drag it out as long as possible until Manny's legs do start to go a bit. Manny with no legs and Floyd with no legs = a clear cut Floyd win due to the superior technique. Manny's great equaliser is his workrate and movement, and without this being at the level it was for say the Cotto fight I fear he would be pretty badly exposed.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:00 am

Fists of Fury wrote:That truly is shocking journalism, incredibly lazy, uninformed and disrespectful.

Moving on to what Young Towzer said, I'm still not entirely sold on Ortiz, was a very gutsy performance against Berto, but you don't have to look too far back to his utterly dreadful performance against Peterson.

Not too sure Floyd wants the fight just yet, and in all likelihood he will drag it out as long as possible until Manny's legs do start to go a bit. Manny with no legs and Floyd with no legs = a clear cut Floyd win due to the superior technique. Manny's great equaliser is his workrate and movement, and without this being at the level it was for say the Cotto fight I fear he would be pretty badly exposed.

I thought Ortiz won the Peterson fight but tired and was outboxed late on, however i just think Pacquiao's much faster with his hands and feet and would destroy Mayweather, who despite not being a powder puff puncher doesn't have the pop to stop Manny, of course Mayweather is a brilliant counter puncher and out and out boxer and would outbox Manny, but could he hold him off for 12 rounds? i don't think so and he would be very easy to outwork for someone as fit and relentless as Pacquiao and i just see Pacquiao outworking him . I think Mayweather knows it as well, as i said, his problems have started since the obsession kicked in,

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:24 am

Id agree to a certain degree Towzer, i think mayweather is quite wary of what Pacquiao offers in work rate speed & movement. If your fighting a guy that can hit you from any angle and with power you would be slightly wary of them. But surley he has got to think he can win the fight, he has to have the confidence in himself or else this fight will never be made.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:27 am

DoubleD22 wrote:Id agree to a certain degree Towzer, i think mayweather is quite wary of what Pacquiao offers in work rate speed & movement. If your fighting a guy that can hit you from any angle and with power you would be slightly wary of them. But surley he has got to think he can win the fight, he has to have the confidence in himself or else this fight will never be made.

Mayweather obviously has the confidence he can win fights, or he wouldn't of achieved what he has and he is a tremendous fighter, however imo, and many US journalist/presenters, etc views he only picks fights he knows he has an advantage of winning, this would be a genuine 50/50 fight. He won't take it imo, hope he does though.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:32 am

I agree imo it is a 50/50 fight but for the good of boxing mayweather has got take the chance. I know its easy to say it as im not the guy with a 41-0 record nor am i planning on going in the ring with Manny but if this fight dosent materialize it will be a big blemish on their records. It is sad that they could be remebered as great fighters who should have fought each other, rather then great fighters who have beaten the best in their era.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:36 am

As far as handspeed goes the edge is with Mayweather who for single shot speed is unrivalled, Pacquiao looks speedier because he throws more punches but don't think that's the reality. Apart from power I don't see what part of Pacquiaos game surpasses that of Mayweathers, he's not as precise when he punches nor is his defence anywhere near that of Mayweathers.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:42 am

Agreed Ghosty, however one only has to look at the DLH fight to see how frequently judges can favour aggression over effective aggression and unlike DLH Manny would still be throwing at a decent pace in the final rounds. Have always though Floyd beats him but think Manny is a difficult guy to get a decision against, no matter how much you may deserve it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:42 am

I would have Pacquiaos work rate and movement ahead of mayweathers and although you are right with the precision of mayweathers punches Manny will certainly throw more and connect more much in the way we saw Macklin landing more shots against sturm, whislt sturm landed the cleaner shots. Defense wise of course mayweather is miles ahead but that just boils down to style, manny wont mind getting in and amongst mayweather and take a shot here or there if he can ship out a few himself. The real question is just how good is mayweathers defence? will it be able to withstand the pressure manny brings?

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:45 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:As far as handspeed goes the edge is with Mayweather who for single shot speed is unrivalled, Pacquiao looks speedier because he throws more punches but don't think that's the reality. Apart from power I don't see what part of Pacquiaos game surpasses that of Mayweathers, he's not as precise when he punches nor is his defence anywhere near that of Mayweathers.

I'm not wearing that like, i've always thought Manny's hands were not just a bit but quite a lot faster, he throws like 8 punch combinations and you can't see his hands, Mayweather's speed is quality too, but not nearly as quick as Manny imo. Your entitled to your view though, im civil.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:46 am

DoubleD22 wrote:I would have Pacquiaos work rate and movement ahead of mayweathers and although you are right with the precision of mayweathers punches Manny will certainly throw more and connect more much in the way we saw Macklin landing more shots against sturm, whislt sturm landed the cleaner shots. Defense wise of course mayweather is miles ahead but that just boils down to style, manny wont mind getting in and amongst mayweather and take a shot here or there if he can ship out a few himself. The real question is just how good is mayweathers defence? will it be able to withstand the pressure manny brings?

I don't think it will, he leaves the top of his head open, someone as spiteful in his punches and fast as Pacquiao will find gaps in that imo.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:52 am

Chances are that Mayweather would outland Pacquiao, he's used to facing pressure fighters with a high output so don't think he'll have much trouble negating it personally. Think you've got it spot on Jeff when you say that Mayweather probably wins but has the judges score against him like in the De La Hoya fight.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:54 am

Young_Towzer wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:As far as handspeed goes the edge is with Mayweather who for single shot speed is unrivalled, Pacquiao looks speedier because he throws more punches but don't think that's the reality. Apart from power I don't see what part of Pacquiaos game surpasses that of Mayweathers, he's not as precise when he punches nor is his defence anywhere near that of Mayweathers.

I'm not wearing that like, i've always thought Manny's hands were not just a bit but quite a lot faster, he throws like 8 punch combinations and you can't see his hands, Mayweather's speed is quality too, but not nearly as quick as Manny imo. Your entitled to your view though, im civil.

Thats the thing his hands look quicker because he throws more but if you watch Mayweather throw a punch it's like a homing missile

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:58 am

True Ghosty,

but whats going to win you the rounds, quick combinations of say 8 punches where maybe 3 land or landing in singles with a quick eye catching punch?

really depends on the judges and how much agressive boxing will affect there scorecards for me.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:03 pm

Manny is lightyears ahead of the other pressure fighters he has faced though, Ghosty.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:03 pm

Pacquiao wont throw 8 punch combinations against Mayweather as he'll be getting countered far too much, don't see a way he wins to be honest, doesn't have the accuracy to force a stoppage nor do I think he can win a decision

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:06 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Manny is lightyears ahead of the other pressure fighters he has faced though, Ghosty.

Overall he's the best fighter Mayweather will have faced but for pure pressure don't think he's too far ahead of Castillo, Chavez or Hatton

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:06 pm

I just cant see a way that floyd's defence can stay solid with a fighter like manny coming at him. A small mistake and Manny could punish him and i think at some point in the fight that could happen.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:08 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Pacquiao wont throw 8 punch combinations against Mayweather as he'll be getting countered far too much, don't see a way he wins to be honest, doesn't have the accuracy to force a stoppage nor do I think he can win a decision

Pacquiao's a brilliant puncher, he could stop him, i have no doubt if he catches him as Mosley did he jumps on him and gets rid of him. Don't think he wins a decision lol? i raise you work rate. Can't help but feel you are under rating Manny here tbh.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:08 pm

DoubleD22 wrote:I just cant see a way that floyd's defence can stay solid with a fighter like manny coming at him. A small mistake and Manny could punish him and i think at some point in the fight that could happen.

Punish, perhaps, but is Pacquiao all that big a puncher at 147? He's stopped no-one at the weight.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:09 pm

DoubleD22 wrote:I just cant see a way that floyd's defence can stay solid with a fighter like manny coming at him. A small mistake and Manny could punish him and i think at some point in the fight that could happen.

Mayweathers defence hardly ever fails and when it does he knows how to react when tagged too, don't think Pacquiao is sharp enough to pick up on any mistake Mayweather makes, he's not Hearns or Leonard in that regard

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:09 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Pacquiao wont throw 8 punch combinations against Mayweather as he'll be getting countered far too much, don't see a way he wins to be honest, doesn't have the accuracy to force a stoppage nor do I think he can win a decision

I'd bet every penny i have Manny throws 8-10 punch combos, not saying everything will land but that's the way to get to Mayweather, what do you think he's gonna do sit off him and wait? nah i don't i aint Freddie Roach though.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:

Pacquiao's a brilliant puncher, he could stop him, i have no doubt if he catches him as Mosley did he jumps on him and gets rid of him. Don't think he wins a decision lol? i raise you work rate. Can't help but feel you are under rating Manny here tbh.

Work rate alone wont win him the fight, if he's getting countered all night long then I don't see how he wins a decision and for christ sake stop using 'lol'

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:11 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:

Mayweathers defence hardly ever fails and when it does he knows how to react when tagged too, don't think Pacquiao is sharp enough to pick up on any mistake Mayweather makes, he's not Hearns or Leonard in that regard

As fists of fury says there as well, none of them pressure fighters are near Pacquiao. Pacquiao obliterates all them you mentioned there as well imo. Hardly ever fails him, but he's hardly ever been in a 50/50 fight. And that's not just down to his talent

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:11 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:

I'd bet every penny i have Manny throws 8-10 punch combos, not saying everything will land but that's the way to get to Mayweather, what do you think he's gonna do sit off him and wait? nah i don't i aint Freddie Roach though.

Styles are key though, and the last guy who gave Pacquiao fits was...(drum roll)...JMM, who happens to be a counter-puncher like Mayweather.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:11 pm

He isn't a one punch merchant, but he is certainly a hurtful puncher that really takes its toll as the fight wears on.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:13 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:He isn't a one punch merchant, but he is certainly a hurtful puncher that really takes its toll as the fight wears on.

I think saying Imperial saying Manny couldn't stop him's a bit ludicrous, the guy's an animal, if he lands and then gets in with more shots you simply don't see coming the next thing you know your stopped.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:14 pm

Punish, perhaps, but is Pacquiao all that big a puncher at 147? He's stopped no-one at the weight.

Valid point Balti, if Manny can hurt him though i would be pretty confident he could finish the job maybe getting a tko over mayweather. I just feel he could catch mayweather with something he dosent see coming and before mayweather can react a whole load of leather will be flying at his face.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:15 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:He isn't a one punch merchant, but he is certainly a hurtful puncher that really takes its toll as the fight wears on.

There is that, but again that'll depend on how much (or little) Mayweather deters Pacquiao from throwing by countering him.

On a separate issue, and seeing as you're admin, Fists, is there any way that 'lol' could perhaps be added to the swear filter? It could instead be substituted for something like 'this in particular made me laugh aloud'. Y'know, something snappy.

Very Happy

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:16 pm

DoubleD22 wrote:Punish, perhaps, but is Pacquiao all that big a puncher at 147? He's stopped no-one at the weight.

Valid point Balti, if Manny can hurt him though i would be pretty confident he could finish the job maybe getting a tko over mayweather. I just feel he could catch mayweather with something he dosent see coming and before mayweather can react a whole load of leather will be flying at his face.

Now a TKO I could see. I'm no gambler but I certainly wouldn't put my money on a clean KO. A TKO however...more feasible.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next