The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manny Pacquaio is against the gays?

+13
Steffan
Josef K.
J.Benson II
John Bloody Wayne
TRUSSMAN66
ShahenshahG
Rowley
azania
TopHat24/7
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Mind the windows Tino.
Union Cane
paperbag_puncher
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Manny Pacquaio is against the gays? Empty Manny Pacquaio is against the gays?

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 16 May 2012, 3:38 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/boxer-manny-pacquiao-same-sex-marriage-president-obama-supports-article-1.1079041

Thoughts on this? Some will use it as proof that he is on PEDs or as a clear sign that he is afraid of PBF. Did he make these remarks as he's seen how close Floyd and Fiddy are? How do you think these comments will affect Manny's career and reputation.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Manny Pacquaio is against the gays? Empty Re: Manny Pacquaio is against the gays?

Post by Union Cane Wed 16 May 2012, 3:42 pm

He is a Christian and is following the teachings of the bible.

Can't see how this is newsworthy.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Manny Pacquaio is against the gays? Empty Re: Manny Pacquaio is against the gays?

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 16 May 2012, 3:44 pm

Delete the thread then. I couldn't care less about the story to be honest. Seen it earlier and was surprised nobody had mentioned it so thought I'd get people's thoughts. No offence taken if you wanna lock it down.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 May 2012, 3:46 pm

Don't take it personally, PP. Union just has his stiring hat on again.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 16 May 2012, 3:47 pm

To be against same sex marriage in this day and age is scandalous. I don't care what some old book tells you.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 16 May 2012, 3:50 pm

Is there no article on Manny that Flomo's won't try to link to PEDs or ducking??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 16 May 2012, 3:50 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Don't take it personally, PP. Union just has his stiring hat on again.

No that's it. He's really hurt me this time as you can tell.... I will be back shortly with my retirement thread...

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 May 2012, 4:01 pm

What does it matter what his views are? I only want him to agree to random tests and get the fight on.

BTW PBK, I disagree but its not for this forum.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 16 May 2012, 4:06 pm

azania wrote:What does it matter what his views are? I only want him to agree to random tests and get the fight on.

BTW PBK, I disagree but its not for this forum.

Mate I'm a married man and I find marriage ridiculous now it changes nothing and costs a fortune. If the gays want to be as miserable as me then good luck to them.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 16 May 2012, 4:08 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:
If the gays want to be as miserable as me then good luck to them.

Not sure they will ever manage that mate.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 16 May 2012, 4:11 pm

rowley wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:
If the gays want to be as miserable as me then good luck to them.

Not sure they will ever manage that mate.

True, they'll always have alex to go to when things go down with the one exception of course.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 16 May 2012, 4:16 pm

The worlds over populated as it is the more gays the better I say. Poochies a closet homo anyway.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 16 May 2012, 4:16 pm

I'm religious but not religious enough to know that the bible is full of contradictions as is the Koran....not just that but the books have been politicised and rewritten through centuries....

For me God is love... and the thought he'd disown any of his children who happen to be homosexual is just nonsense......

I'm disappointed in Manny.....

He's wrong....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 16 May 2012, 4:24 pm

Manny denies he ever said it

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 16 May 2012, 4:25 pm

Freedom of speach is there for everyone, unless their views are controversial and against the tide.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 16 May 2012, 4:30 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Freedom of speach is there for everyone, unless their views are controversial and against the tide.

Catch on quick dont you Laugh

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 16 May 2012, 4:30 pm

Well If he denies it...........then I take it back..

Certainly not good for business a remark like that...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 16 May 2012, 4:34 pm

Just goes to show it is not always prudent to garner the opinions on complex political and social issues from people who get punched in the head for a living.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 16 May 2012, 4:42 pm

rowley wrote:Just goes to show it is not always prudent to garner the opinions on complex political and social issues from people who get punched in the head for a living.

True instead we should leave that to people who SHOULD get punched in the head (Whether for a living or not)

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 16 May 2012, 4:42 pm

Manny is from the Phillipines which is a conservative country that holds tradtional beliefs so his views are hardly a surprise, nor are they unique in that part of the world.
In fact, his views are probably shared by 90% of the world's population.

Anyway, its his opinion and he's entitled to it.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 16 May 2012, 5:12 pm

Phillipines isn't that Conservative....Remember Aquino being shot on the runway and the whole Country rising up to uproot Marcos!!!

As I recall Corey Aquino his Wife was much criticised because albeit riding the labor ticket she was too centrist....

It's a poor Country.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Wed 16 May 2012, 5:33 pm

I think it's rather to do with the heavy majority, including Manny, of the Phillipines being Catholic.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 16 May 2012, 5:36 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Phillipines isn't that Conservative....Remember Aquino being shot on the runway and the whole Country rising up to uproot Marcos!!!

As I recall Corey Aquino his Wife was much criticised because albeit riding the labor ticket she was too centrist....

It's a poor Country.........

What I meant is that the majority of their population are practising Catholics and most will tend to hold traditional beliefs when it comes to issues like homosexuality.
Therefore, I don't see why anyone should be surprised by Manny's views.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 May 2012, 8:40 pm

Good grief. The limp wristed brigade are up in arms in LA. Banning him from malls etc. This is over the top. I bet Arum must be doing some damage limitation and will make Paq visit and hold hands with the gay folks in LA soon enough.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 16 May 2012, 8:48 pm

The gay community have a habit of over-reacting back home i'm afraid....

Remember the set of Basic instinct being invaded whilst in production...

I thought Sharon Stone's character gave bisexuals a glossy and cool image..

However "the limp wristed brigade" is probably not the best way of describing them..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 May 2012, 8:55 pm

Its ridiculous. The guy's a boxer from as you say, a conservative country. South Africa has the most far reaching gay rights in Africa. Next door, people will get jailed for being gay and the majority population support that. Conservative continent with conservative and traditional views. Homoism in the Philippines is probably not high up on the agenda when daily life is often a struggle.

Last edited by azania on Wed 16 May 2012, 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 16 May 2012, 8:56 pm

Sorry Rowley but LOL. Its the same here although ho much is media fuss and actual gay community fuss is yet to be determined

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 May 2012, 9:01 pm

There was a gay bloke in my village until he got persecuted out of the place

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 16 May 2012, 9:22 pm

Steffan wrote:There was a gay bloke in my village until he got persecuted out of the place
laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 May 2012, 9:37 pm

Last thing I heard about him he had fallen down a manhole

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 16 May 2012, 9:43 pm

Steffan wrote:Last thing I heard about him he had fallen down a manhole

censored censored

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 May 2012, 9:47 pm

At the end of the day Manny can say what he likes he is a superstar boxer he should have to bend over for any group of people

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Wed 16 May 2012, 10:12 pm

I suppose Bob Arum's Flip him

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Wed 16 May 2012, 10:42 pm

Mayweather now tweets about supporting Gay marriage! It's funny how they can have these kind of jabs at each other but won't in the ring.

I remember after Floyd's controversial remarks about Jeremy Lin ("only getting hyped because he is Asian).... a lil while later Manny tweets God bless Jeremy Lin Laugh

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Wed 16 May 2012, 10:57 pm

Floyd's tweet: I stand behind President Obama & support gay marriage. I'm an American citizen & I believe people should live their life the way they want.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 16 May 2012, 10:59 pm

ahahahh

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 17 May 2012, 7:58 am

Manny has aspirations of political office. If he cannot handle this subject, what happens with trickier issues such as Afghanistan, world poverty etc. He should keep out of this arena

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 17 May 2012, 8:28 am

bhb001 wrote:Manny has aspirations of political office. If he cannot handle this subject, what happens with trickier issues such as Afghanistan, world poverty etc. He should keep out of this arena

I'm not sure the Filipino army would have much of a presence in Afghanistan or that they have a major role in solving world poverty at the moment.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 17 May 2012, 8:50 am

I have to say, this is a classic 606 thread. Was momentarily transported back to the old BBC boards there.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 17 May 2012, 9:07 am

Steffan wrote:There was a gay bloke in my village until he got persecuted out of the place

Sorry to hear that mate. Have you settled in your new home?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 17 May 2012, 9:11 am

Union Cane wrote:

Sorry to hear that mate. Have you settled in your new home?

It was Steffan doing the persecuting, Union. "Get out, we all know that I am the only gay in the village".

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 May 2012, 9:33 am

I support gay marriage...as I'm sick of hypocrites telling people what God say's and what he means.......

How many preachers back home have been temporarily taken over by Satan and indulged in a tasty blonde or two..

They ask for forgiveness...........and get it..

Apple-pie-tea partiers telling everybody Obama is satan whilst abusing parkinson-suffering beggars at rallies......

Leave it out........

let them get married and let them do what the heck they want with in the law.....

and don't tell me what God meant............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 17 May 2012, 9:38 am

Trussy, very few of us Englishmen give a monkey's about what God did or didn't say. It is your own countrymen that are more caught up in such matters.

Let them do what they like, though I don't see why they need marriage (which is actually a religious ceremony, and religion doesn't really accommodate gays) when they already have civil partnerships. Why isn't that enough?

However, I really don't mind, it has little bearing on my every day life so good luck to them.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 17 May 2012, 9:42 am

Coincidentally, today is IDAHO Day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Day_Against_Homophobia_and_Transphobia

Let's leave it there and get back to boxing shall we.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Thu 17 May 2012, 9:46 am

But Marriage has always been between a man and woman!!!

By the way I'm not against gays... couldn't care at all what two people do in their room, but this is huge.

Anyways whatever happens happens, if the most powerful man in the world is looking to go forward with it, then who am I to say anything.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 May 2012, 9:48 am

Religion didn't accomodate Women preiests until a few years back.....

Changing all the time and rightly so................

Bible has been used by special interest groups since year dot........

Majority of people like me don't believe Judas existed.......We believe he was a figment meant to persecute the Jews hence the name Judas and it's similarity to Judaism....

Bible is full of contradictions promoted by special interests....

Every good catholic like me should have their own perceptions..

Room for everything in my faith.......including gay marriage

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 17 May 2012, 9:50 am

Let's leave it there and get back to boxing shall we.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 17 May 2012, 9:50 am

A worthy discussion for the off-topic section.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Thu 17 May 2012, 9:51 am

Yes Union mad

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Thu 17 May 2012, 9:51 am

As a funny side note Anthony Mundine has said he wants to take on Mayweather in the near future and that he could turn the top 2 of the sport into a top 3 between him PAC and mayweather

Safe to say he would have no chance.

Does that help us get off the topic Union?

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next