The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nate Marquardt out of Sunday's UFC on Versus 4 event and released from UFC dana white twitter link

+2
Valero's Conscience
gibbo104
6 posters

Go down

Nate Marquardt out of Sunday's UFC on Versus 4 event and released from UFC dana white twitter link Empty Nate Marquardt out of Sunday's UFC on Versus 4 event and released from UFC dana white twitter link

Post by gibbo104 Sun 26 Jun - 0:06

Tomorrows UFC on Versus 4 event which did feature a welter weight headline fight between, Nate Marquardt and opponent Rick Story is now going to be Rick Story against Charlie Brenneman.

Nate Marquardt has pulled out of the fight and although the reasons isn't 100% clear at the moment it has to be serious as Dana White has posted a video link on his twitter (link below) saying that not only is Marquardt out of the fight he is also out of the UFC.

It seems Marquardt has failed his medical but an official reason as to how hasn't been released, some internet rumors are saying that he came up positive for PED's and that he failed to make weight (his debut at 170lbs)

I'm bummed Marquardt could have been a beast at 170lbs I liked his fight and was looking forward to this fight against Story. If its true he tested positive for PED's there are very few excuses for cheaters...

http://www.tout.com/nsphwl

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Nate Marquardt out of Sunday's UFC on Versus 4 event and released from UFC dana white twitter link Empty Re: Nate Marquardt out of Sunday's UFC on Versus 4 event and released from UFC dana white twitter link

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 27 Jun - 13:51

Dana hates people failing to make weight, cancellation of a fight at late notice and PED/steroids.

Marquardt may be guilty of all 3 so definitely going to feel Dana's wrath!

Dana will always react OTT and sometimes calms down over something.

Dana hates anything that could be used to criticise the UFC and MMA, which all fighters know now.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Nate Marquardt out of Sunday's UFC on Versus 4 event and released from UFC dana white twitter link Empty Re: Nate Marquardt out of Sunday's UFC on Versus 4 event and released from UFC dana white twitter link

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 27 Jun - 14:26

Wonder what exactly happened for him to be released. Has anything came out yet?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Tue 28 Jun - 15:44

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Wonder what exactly happened for him to be released. Has anything came out yet?

Nothing yet, on the Verses card Joe Rogan said that as it is medical based it is up to Nate Marquardt to disclose any information that he wishes, which as of yet he has not... It's a strange one certainly. Nate always came across as a respectful and decent person but it will be interesting to find out exactly what went on. The only thing that seems to have come out was that the medical condition was know about even up to 6 weeks previously but my understanding was that Dana White understood that it will be sorted by the time the fight came about, obviously it wasn’t... I don’t want to see the end of Marquardt but I will hold judgement until all the facts are released.

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Wed 29 Jun - 9:31

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Marquardt-Elevated-Testosterone-Caused-Exit-33535#0_undefined,0_

Heres a lil info. Think it's a complete farce that Dana cut him for this when Sonnen is still about. Hopefully the commision clears him and Dana takes him back, but that would mean admiting he was wrong about something and can't see him wanting to lose face

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 29 Jun - 11:43

Thanks TipToes88, Dana does have double standards with fighters, it all depends on how big a star they are.

I like what Dana has done but he can be an idiot at times

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 29 Jun - 11:46

Valero's Conscience wrote:Thanks TipToes88, Dana does have double standards with fighters, it all depends on how big a star they are.

I like what Dana has done but he can be an idiot at times

Agree 100%

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Jun - 12:20

Dana does have his favourites.

Looks like Nate will have to go back to Japan now or even have a couple of fights in the UK. Since Zuffa now own Strikeforce aswell.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 29 Jun - 15:42

The problem is once you've annoyed Dana there is little room to move on as UFC are snapping everything up.

Dana says people will never fight again for him but as soon as they go on a winning streak and create hype which will earn them money he'll change his mind.

Daley got thrown out for taking a cheap shot at Koscheck and is with Strikeforce and if he continues to do well I doubt he'll opt to not renew his contract.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Wed 29 Jun - 16:07

Valero's Conscience wrote:The problem is once you've annoyed Dana there is little room to move on as UFC are snapping everything up.

Dana says people will never fight again for him but as soon as they go on a winning streak and create hype which will earn them money he'll change his mind.

Daley got thrown out for taking a cheap shot at Koscheck and is with Strikeforce and if he continues to do well I doubt he'll opt to not renew his contract.

Although I agree that Dana does change his mind on letting fighters back under the Zuffer banner if they go on an impressive winning streak elsewhere, I don’t believe he will extend that to Daley even if he went on an amazing winning streak and captured a title, even if it is the Strikeforce title (I don’t know how many fights he has left on his current Strikeforce contract). what Daley done and his lack of remorse after the event and even up to today still angers Dana in my opinion and because of that Zuffer will not negotiate with Daley and he will be out on his ear come the end of his contract, and probably over to Japan or BAMMA for Daley.

With respect to Marquardt it is going to take an immense winning streak for Dana to let him back in and as it has already pointed out by many others with Zuffer eating up all other MMA promotions where Marquardt can go to create this win streak is anyone’s guess. BAMMA? Japan? MFC? Nothing is as big as the monopoly that the UFC hold.

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 30 Jun - 10:58

gibbo104 wrote:
Valero's Conscience wrote:The problem is once you've annoyed Dana there is little room to move on as UFC are snapping everything up.

Although I agree that Dana does change his mind on letting fighters back under the Zuffer banner if they go on an impressive winning streak elsewhere, I don’t believe he will extend that to Daley even if he went on an amazing winning streak and captured a title, even if it is the Strikeforce title (I don’t know how many fights he has left on his current Strikeforce contract). what Daley done and his lack of remorse after the event and even up to today still angers Dana in my opinion and because of that Zuffer will not negotiate with Daley and he will be out on his ear come the end of his contract, and probably over to Japan or BAMMA for Daley.

With respect to Marquardt it is going to take an immense winning streak for Dana to let him back in and as it has already pointed out by many others with Zuffer eating up all other MMA promotions where Marquardt can go to create this win streak is anyone’s guess. BAMMA? Japan? MFC? Nothing is as big as the monopoly that the UFC hold.

Koscheck (can't be bothered to look up correct spelling) is the one person who's stands out in the UFC who deserves a smack, yeah it was unprofessional but completely OTT to ban him for life from the UFC!

You see cheap shots taken in many sports and the offenders do not get life bans from the top flight of their profession!

Dana works very hard to keep the image of MMA/UFC clean and comes down hard on anyone who risks this but sometimes he's goes overkill IMO.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 7 Jul - 20:29

That is the problem, there's no real decent organisation to go to now after a split and fighters could end up on the scrap heap.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down