The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nate Marquard signs with BAMMA!

+2
TipToes88
Adam D
6 posters

Go down

Nate Marquard signs with BAMMA! Empty Nate Marquard signs with BAMMA!

Post by Adam D Fri 22 Jul 2011, 8:44 pm

Former number one UFC middleweight contender Nate Marquardt (31-10-2) has signed on with the British Association of Mixed Martial Arts (BAMMA).

BAMMA’s Liam Fisher commented:

“As soon as we received word that the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission lifted Marquardt’s suspension we jumped at the chance to sign him. He is a top ranked contender and an asset to any promotion. Words cannot express how excited we are that Marquardt is now fighting under the BAMMA banner.”

Marquardt was released from the UFC last month after failing his pre-fight medicals for “UFC on Versus 4″ due to elevated testosterone levels.

Marquardt said offers came in from several promotions but felt BAMMA was the best fit. One of the main reasons he said he chose BAMMA is because they are the only promotion in the UK that implements PED testing, and he wants to prove to the fans and the world that he’s “the real deal and belongs on top”.

BAMMA is expected to reveal Marquardt’s next opponent and details regarding his debut with the promotion in the coming weeks.

http://prommanow.com/index.php/2011/07/22/nate-marquardt-signs-with-bamma/#.TinB-ym18Ew.twitter

Great signing for BAMMA but backwards for Nate?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Nate Marquard signs with BAMMA! Empty Re: Nate Marquard signs with BAMMA!

Post by TipToes88 Mon 25 Jul 2011, 10:53 am

Deffo backwards for Nate. Still a bit pi55ed off that Sonnen got to stay because he's a cash cow but Nate got cut. Not even sure how he's going to do in BAMMA tbh

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 25 Jul 2011, 11:32 am

Problem is anything other than UFC/Strikeforce is seen and probably rightfully so as sub-standard.

If Nate does well he'll be back, UFC won't turn down someone if they make them money, never have.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Mon 25 Jul 2011, 1:33 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:Problem is anything other than UFC/Strikeforce is seen and probably rightfully so as sub-standard.

If Nate does well he'll be back, UFC won't turn down someone if they make them money, never have.

100% agree.

I am wondering though if Nate will stay at 170 or return to 185. BAMMA I would say will probably want him to stay at 170 as the welter weight belt in BAMMA is vacant at the moment and getting a big name like Nate to win that title will be a great lift for BAMMA, although I think the better fights for Nate (in terms of fan recognition and well known named fighters) would have been at 185 with the likes of Frank Trigs and Tom Watson.

Still Nate vs Paul Daley could be a very interesting fight

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:13 am

bamma have such a lack of real talent I'd hope he'd move from 170 and 185 to fight the top contenders.

I was hoping he would go to Belator and fight Lombard who imo is the 2nd best MW outside UFC after Jacare.

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 27 Jul 2011, 11:26 am

gibbo104 wrote:
Valero's Conscience wrote:Problem is anything other than UFC/Strikeforce is seen and probably rightfully so as sub-standard.

100% agree.

I am wondering though if Nate will stay at 170 or return to 185. BAMMA I would say will probably want him to stay at 170 as the welter weight belt in BAMMA is vacant at the moment and getting a big name like Nate to win that title will be a great lift for BAMMA, although I think the better fights for Nate (in terms of fan recognition and well known named fighters) would have been at 185 with the likes of Frank Trigs and Tom Watson.

Still Nate vs Paul Daley could be a very interesting fight

Nate v Daley would be a fanastic fight for BAMMA and would generate alot of interest. That probs wont happen straight away thou

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down