The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dana White sacks everyone

5 posters

Go down

Dana White sacks everyone Empty Dana White sacks everyone

Post by gibbo104 Fri 05 Aug 2011, 10:34 am

Hi all,

What does everyone here think of Zuffers latest Strikeforce cuts? Marloes Coenen, Alister Overeem, Jon Olav Einemo, Valentijn Overeem and even Fedor Emelianenko are all no longer Strikeforce fighters...

I’m sorry but I understand that Zuffer only try to keep the best but that have on more than one occasion kept on fighters even after that have lost / lose more than 2 in a row if they draw in punters (Wanderlei Silva, Dan Hardy etc) but in my opinion all of these Strikeforce cuts are all personal and its as simple as that. All this BS talk about not being able to work with the Dutch management group is nonsense, its personal and its happened because Dana doest like you.

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Dana White sacks everyone Empty Re: Dana White sacks everyone

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:27 am

So is Hendo and Fedor off then and the Srikeforce tournnment?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:35 am

It's difficult as we know very few details of what happens behind the scenes. I am a big fan of Zuffa and Dana White due to what they done for the sport but it does seem rather ott to release so many fighters. Some reasonable talent too.

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:14 pm

Soldier - Fedor and Hendo has already happened!!!

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 3:12 pm

gibbo104 wrote:Hi all,

What does everyone here think of Zuffers latest Strikeforce cuts? Marloes Coenen, Alister Overeem, Jon Olav Einemo, Valentijn Overeem and even Fedor Emelianenko are all no longer Strikeforce fighters...

I’m sorry but I understand that Zuffer only try to keep the best but that have on more than one occasion kept on fighters even after that have lost / lose more than 2 in a row if they draw in punters (Wanderlei Silva, Dan Hardy etc) but in my opinion all of these Strikeforce cuts are all personal and its as simple as that. All this BS talk about not being able to work with the Dutch management group is nonsense, its personal and its happened because Dana doest like you.

As Eastfc has said its difficult to know the actual details, been looking for details on Overeem's exit but cant find anything concrete. I basically agree with you as its kinda pointing that way, as you say there seem to be know shortage of crowd sellers with more than 2 defeats on their records, Tito Ortiz being the prime example, 2 years without a win until recently? Very hypocritical. Maybe Dana finds Overeem's team difficult as they want a fair deal, not like Overeem isn't any good & wouldn't get other offers. A dreadful state of affairs, just as we were all mostly giving Dana some respect recently.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 06 Aug 2011, 10:56 pm

Definately personal, which is the reason i didn't think it was a good idea when he bought strikeforce over, and when he bought Pride, these fighters only really have Japan to go to now. Hopefully a company will come along soon and give UFC some competition.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down