The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC Live: Marquardt vs. Story (26/06/2011)

2 posters

Go down

UFC Live: Marquardt vs. Story (26/06/2011) Empty UFC Live: Marquardt vs. Story (26/06/2011)

Post by ContraryToBelief Mon 20 Jun 2011, 1:03 pm

Afternoon ladies & gentlemen,

Now that UFC 131 is over and done with, the next event on the UFC calendar is UFC Live: Marquardt vs. Story this Saturday from Pittsburgh, PA.

The fight card is currently;

Preliminary card:

Featherweight bout: Tyson Griffin vs. Manvel Gamburyan
Featherweight bout: Joe Stevenson vs. Javier Vazquez
Lightweight bout: Joe Lauzon vs. Curt Warburton
Welterweight bout: Daniel Roberts vs. Rich Attonito
Welterweight bout: Charlie Brenneman vs. TJ Grant
Lightweight bout: Nik Lentz vs. Charles Oliveira
Featherweight bout: Ricardo Lamas vs. Matt Grice
Lightweight bout: Michael Johnson vs. Edward Faaloloto

Main Card:

Welterweight bout: Nate Marquardt vs. Rick Story
Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Pat Barry
Welterweight bout: Matt Brown vs. John Howard
Heavyweight bout: Matt Mitrione vs. Christian Morecraft

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Matt Brown, Manny Gamburyan & Joe Lauzon fights as I freakin' loved them on their respective TUF seasons and their UFC / WEC careers to date. It's also good to finally see Michael Johnson in the Octagon for the first time since the TUF 12 finale way back in December.

Will Story be able to defeat Nate considering this fight will only be one month removed from his victory at UFC 130?

What are your thoughts on the card itself, and how do you think the fights will go down?

Last edited by ContraryToBelief on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 3:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Appalling grammar.)

ContraryToBelief

Back to top Go down

UFC Live: Marquardt vs. Story (26/06/2011) Empty Re: UFC Live: Marquardt vs. Story (26/06/2011)

Post by gibbo104 Mon 20 Jun 2011, 2:17 pm

Thanks for the post - This card looks stacked for a free to air show in America, I'm really looking forward to it.

Marquardt Vs Story has the potential of being a classic, Story was impressive in his last win against Alves but as you pointed out that was only on May 28th I hope he isn’t burned out for this fight. Marquardt on the other hand is the bigger man but this I understand is his Welterweight debut so I wonder how the weight cut will affect him? My predication... Marquardt by decision.

Cheick Kongo Vs Pat Barry - Could be anyone’s fight here, I’m gonna punt on Kongo by KO

Matt Brown Vs John Howard - both fighters coming off of losses with Matt on a 3 fight loss streak and Howard on a 2 fight loss streak, P45 to the loser on this one. My money is on Howard by decision

Matt Mitrione Vs Christian Morecraft - Mitrione to extend his undefeated streak to 5-0 via TKO

As for the undercard I'd like to see Tyson Griffin win as that guy has been in some wars over the years and I always like his fights and it would be good to see Michael Johnson fight again.

This card is going to be awesome, and I for one can’t wait!

what’s everyone else’s opinion?

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

UFC Live: Marquardt vs. Story (26/06/2011) Empty Re: UFC Live: Marquardt vs. Story (26/06/2011)

Post by ContraryToBelief Mon 20 Jun 2011, 2:24 pm

I can't argue with any of the above really, although I do hope Brown pulls it out of the bag...

Also, I'm going to put it out there... Lauzon will win Sub of the Night.

ContraryToBelief

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down