The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Return of 'Thorpedo'

3 posters

Go down

The Return of 'Thorpedo' Empty The Return of 'Thorpedo'

Post by Guest Fri 11 Feb 2011, 7:25 pm

Five-time Olympic gold medallist Ian Thorpe has confirmed his return to swimming, four years after he quit the pool.

The 28-year-old has already started his countdown to the London Olympics next year but is not allowed to compete for nine months due to drug-testing laws.

However, it is that desire to compete again that has drawn the Australian legend back, and he has already been training hard since September.

Thorpe, who was just 24 when he announced his retirement in November 2006, is targeting a berth on the 100m and 200m freestyle relay teams in London.

How do you think he will do at the Olympics?

Back to top Go down

The Return of 'Thorpedo' Empty Re: The Return of 'Thorpedo'

Post by Guest Fri 11 Feb 2011, 8:14 pm

I like Ian Thorpe.

He's always come across as a nice, genuine competitior who was gifted. I think it will create a definite buzz around the pool!

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 15 Feb 2011, 7:32 am

Personally i feel that he has been away for too long. He undoubtably has the talent but i am not sure if he will have the impact that alot of people will expect.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 20 Apr 2011, 1:33 am

Depends on how much Swimmings hes done since retiring if he hasn't done much hes going to struggle to get back into a rhythm and may not be as quick as he once was.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by alonsofan30 Tue 29 Oct 2013, 7:30 am

Some people need to know when to call it quits. I also predict if Phelps comes back, while it probably wont go as bad as Thorpe's did, it will be far less glorious than some envision.

alonsofan30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down