The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland return imminent/Ben Arfa Return Delayed

2 posters

Go down

Ireland return imminent/Ben Arfa Return Delayed Empty Ireland return imminent/Ben Arfa Return Delayed

Post by andy_h Mon 21 Feb 2011, 19:39

Stephen Ireland anticipates being able to contribute to Newcastle United’s midfield very soon, whilst Hatem Ben Arfa’s comeback is delayed due to compassionate leave.

Stephen Ireland has been injured since he got here 3 weeks ago but it looks as if he’s nearing fitness now.
Apparently his recovery is going well and Ireland talked about it thusly:
“We thought it would be a couple of weeks. But I went running outside today at a decent level and decent pace, and I reckon it could be by the end of next week hopefully. I’ve just got to do a few more sessions and then see how far I can push it. If it goes well then I could be back soon. I haven’t got any specific game in mind. I’ve just got to take a day at a time really, I just need to get back on the field now. I’m frustrated with the injury I’ve got at the moment"

Meanwhile, Hatem Ben Arfa’s return will be delayed after he was granted compassionate leave to go and see his grandparents in Tunisia which, like a lot of the Middle East/North Africa, seems to be in turmoil at the moment.

He was due to resume training at the club last Monday (14th Feb 2011) after spending time recuperating from his broken leg, Apparently the club sent a doctor to France to check up on him and his aerobic fitness is actually better than it was when he originally joined us on loan.

Anyway, he’ll be in Tunisia for a week and is now due back at the club today Monday (21st Feb 2011).
With Ireland and eventually Ben Arfa and Gosling due to come back from the treatment room too, I think that makes for a very strong midfield. Alan Pardew will have the difficult task of wondering who to leave out, which is a ‘problem’ I think most managers would like to have, with the likes of tiote, nolan, barton and then these returning could be difficult for pardew.

andy_h

Back to top Go down

Ireland return imminent/Ben Arfa Return Delayed Empty Re: Ireland return imminent/Ben Arfa Return Delayed

Post by Guest Mon 21 Feb 2011, 19:43

Can't wait!

Exciting times ahead, hopefully Ireland will do enough to earn a permanent move!

Back to top Go down

Ireland return imminent/Ben Arfa Return Delayed Empty Re: Ireland return imminent/Ben Arfa Return Delayed

Post by andy_h Mon 21 Feb 2011, 19:45

I certainly hope so, he needs to fight for his place the way Barton and Nolan etc are playing at the moment.

Cant wait to see some new faces back in the squad, in the short time he played Ben Arfa was awesome!

andy_h

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheikitout Mon 21 Feb 2011, 22:41

i dont know if we will see enough of ireland before his loan is up, with tiote nolan and barton are all in good form and can all play CM where will he fit in?

jonas, barton,nolan,tiote and soon ben arfa will be ahead of him at least, and if hes does come him for good in the summer u can add routledge to that list.

shame because i really rate ireland hes a quality player, i thik if he isnt getting first team footie he wont want to move here. anyone wonder why we sent wayne out on loan?? hes our fastest player and even at this level hes dangerous purely because of his pace he causese problems, silly move IMO with no logic behind it

Cheikitout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down