The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogan's return - the return of WCW??

+6
Adam D
crippledtart
Kid Vicious
Mr H
Crimey
imthemoz
10 posters

Go down

Hogan's return - the return of WCW?? Empty Hogan's return - the return of WCW??

Post by imthemoz Wed 18 Dec 2013, 12:51 pm

Current rumours around different wrestling forums:

Rumours of belts being separated after wrestlemania.
Rumours of Hogan appearing at wrestlemania.
Rumours of having a McMahon feud
Stephanie selling stock being made public knowledge.
Rumours of Smackdown Going Live

So just a thought on tying them all in together:

Wrestlemania 30…

Hogan is advertised for an appearance.
He comes out mid way through mania before the Hall of Fame introductions. He says how great it is to be here after so long and to be at at mania 30 after being there to start it all off at mania 1.
But he isn’t here to reminisce on the great times he had with WWF/WWE although they were fantastic… He is here to let the people know that change is coming and he will have an announcement that will rock the foundations of the wrestling industry like he has done time and time again throughout his career. With this declaration he real American plays again and he leaves the ring.

Later that night… in the main event.
WWE World Heavyweight Championship – Randy Orton © v Daniel Bryan
Orton wins after Vince McMahon Interference – holds both belts aloft and then drops the WHC belt. Walks off with the WWE championship as the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. As he gets to the end of the ramp and lifts the title up again for the final shot of the pay per view… his music is cut short and we get real American once again….

Hogan marches down to the ring with purpose as McMahon and Orton watch from the top of the ramp. Hogan congratulates Orton on yet another cheap victory and says that he is disgusted that the biggest mania ever has ended in such controversy. He states that this kind of thing has been happening far too much and he has had enough of it…. He looks down at the WHC belt strewn across the canvas and picks it up. He states that for a long time, many many years, this was the single greatest belt in this industry, he reels off names of past champions as the crowd laps it up. He stirs at the belt as the crowd anticipates his next words. He then goes on to state that he understands why Orton would leave this belt and walk away with the WWE version and that is because Vince McMahon has done everything he possibly can to besmirch anything to do with his former competitors. He has made this once great championship a shadow of what it once represented. It has been treated as a second tier belt and Vince has disrespected all the great names who held it before, as he attempted to destroy the memory of his last true competition the WCW!!

Hogan then continues to explain some truths to Vince, what the true fans of wrestling have known for years… that the lack of competition has led to a poor product, which has led to the “die hard” fans turning away. He sights CM Punk’s promo from 2011 to show how fed up the wrestlers are as well and the mis treatment of true wrestling talents like Daniel Bryan as to what is wrong with the business today.
Hogan states that in his day, when things were down in WWF the wrestlers had another option, they could head to “where the big boys played”… to an organisation that pushed Vince and the WWF to the limit for a period of time. He has been speaking to the board of directors and they have decided that competition is necessary to get back to where they once were.

“Well change is upon you brother!!”
I bought the stock from Stephanie!! Daddy’s little princess has been selling stock for a long time now and my consortium has been picking every last share up… In the mean time you have made her the face of the business, and as the face of the business Steph has been responsible for negotiating the TV deals you hold so dear to your heart…
You have treated Smackdown as a B grade product for years and when the TV deals were being renegotiated, the board made a promise to the purchasing networks… A promise that wrestling would embark on another boom period, driven by a new period of competition. And who was your biggest competition?

WCW!

“Steph sold me that stock Vince… You made her face of the company and she gave me the ammunition I needed!! Smackdown is no more!! From next Friday we are going live with WCW Nitro!!
On Monday there will be a draft. Any of you guys in the back who are sick of how things are around here. The door is open.

Follow up on Raw: draft type event with brand separation taking place. Could have Steph as willing advocate of Hogan and heading up the Nitro brand with him as GM.
Could have a boost for smackdown ratings as a full new WCW brand is recreated.
More room for feuds to develop as having split pay per views.
WHC could be built back up as a main belt as only defended on WCW events.

I know this is highly unlikely and a bit out of left field but just some thoughts I put together with current rumours that are flying around at the moment. I wanted to put some more time and thought into it and find a way of putting Sting into the equation too with rumours of him coming in… but I am pretty busy in work!!

imthemoz

Back to top Go down

Hogan's return - the return of WCW?? Empty Re: Hogan's return - the return of WCW??

Post by Crimey Wed 18 Dec 2013, 1:23 pm

Or you could just watch TNA from the last couple ofyears.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hogan's return - the return of WCW?? Empty Re: Hogan's return - the return of WCW??

Post by Mr H Wed 18 Dec 2013, 1:54 pm

You're The Moz..........And that wasn't awesome.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 18 Dec 2013, 2:06 pm

I quite like it, although there is one major problem. You've gotta be 20 to have had any real first hand recollection of WCW. That's going to pose a problem for the typical fan age bracket - cos lets be fair, we're all freaks on here; most people grow out of wrestling when they're 12. Fans these days weren't even born when WCW went out of business.

Now, rewind to when most of the loiterers on here were children.. the late Attitude Era. Lets suppose Nick Bockwinkel shows up on RAW circa 2002. "You may think you've won Vince. No WCW, no competition. But you're wrong! I've been buying stock your wife has been selling. The AWA is back in business brother!" That's pretty much the equivalent of what you're suggesting. How would you have taken it? My guess is no one would care.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by imthemoz Wed 18 Dec 2013, 2:27 pm

Yeah i see your point. Suppose it would take a lot of production of monday night wars footage and alike to really push it. damn those pesky kids ruining wrestling for the rest of us!!

imthemoz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 18 Dec 2013, 2:33 pm

Also, how would it be any different to what we've got today? Any WCW wrestler that's still active has gotta be seriously thinking about hanging up the boots. So it'd be the same roster, same writers, same product, different name. As Crip T spoke of with the Survivor Series, a name change wouldn't fix the problem.

Be honest, the fire still burns inside from how WWE screwed up the Invasion story line doesn't it? The greatest story arc never written. I feel your pain.
Smile

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by imthemoz Wed 18 Dec 2013, 2:42 pm

hahaha you are right!!

imthemoz

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 18 Dec 2013, 4:37 pm

I agree with the above sentiments, but I think it's an idea that could have been massive if it weren't for the fact that similar angles have been done to death for the last dozen years.

If wrestling had seen nothing like this since the invasion storyline ended, it might seem novel and epic.

However, in the last 13 years since WCW's demise how many storylines have there been in WWE and TNA about authority figures arguing over who is in charge? I'd guess at about seven thousand, give or take. And none of them have ever really led to anything changing, or indeed improving!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 18 Dec 2013, 5:20 pm

I don't think pro wrestling necessarily needs change, I'd say it needs continuity.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 18 Dec 2013, 6:55 pm

I actually think hogan will resurface in TNA now.

The friends of AJ?

Why did hogan leave again?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 19 Dec 2013, 9:26 am

Adam d wrote:I actually think hogan will resurface in TNA now.

The friends of AJ?

He left because Dixie got him a sh*tty watch didn't he?

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 19 Dec 2013, 2:57 pm

Adam d wrote:I actually think hogan will resurface in TNA now.

The friends of AJ?

I hope not. I've really not missed him. If anything I think his character is more in keeping with what WWE audiences would like.

What about the "Friends of AJ"?  Do you mean "who are they" or were you questioning their relevance to the Styles storyline? Either way I was surprised to hear he really was out of contract, given he'd just won the title. If thats the case I'm surprised they even had the "Friends" segments to keep us updated on his activities. I'd have thought they'd rather keep him out of the picture altogether until an agreement was reached.

Hogan ostensibly left because Dixie kicked AJ out of the company (she tore up the contract Hogan wrote for him, remember?) and he was generally unhappy with her management of the company. Wink

Anyway, I'm wondering about a few things now.

If Styles has just signed a new contract, surely he has to return as the conquering hero, retaining his title against whoever wins the "Wheel of Dixie" tournament? Then again, if he loses, I guess that puts him straight into a feud with whoever he loses to.

I could see Dixie arranging for some interference to make sure he loses, thus continuing that feud as well.

Also, will we ever get more enlightenment from AJ as to why he hates Dixie's management of the company and why he left, rather than work for her?

What will happen to the "Wheel of Dixie" winner if Styles keeps the title? A continuing feud with Styles I guess, for Dixie's "pet".

Will Sting come to the fore as a challenger to Dixie's authority? He's already had a go at her nephew EC3.

Speaking of which, will Ethan Carter ever actually have a proper match? I'm getting really fed up with his spots now.

Quite a few of the main eventers had sharp words with DC, following Styles' departure. Will we see a new anti-Dixie faction rise, followed swiftly by the heels forming a pro-Dixie faction?

Will this in due course lead to an all-out power struggle for control of the company?

Will we be surprised by the outcomes of the "Feast or Fired" match?

Am I thinking too far ahead? My head hurts - I'll stop now...
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu 19 Dec 2013, 11:09 pm

I like this idea though I would imagine primarily for the nostalgia of McMahon Jrs selling their stock to an ex-WWF/WCW star to form a separate brand. The early days of Raw/SD were good due to the thick roster at the time. Can't see this being possible now and nor can I see Vince meaningfully pushing a different brand.

Always felt like Raw/SD was the compromise of truly pushing WCW and the Invasion angle.

I could see Orton as heel champion carrying the WWE title and refusing to defend the title / winning cheaply and this leading to Cena as the "last true WHC" resurrecting the belt to rehash the storyline with Cena as the winner though.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by 6cw Hobo Fri 20 Dec 2013, 8:49 am

The best thing I like about Hogan is his big boot.

Dr.

6cw Hobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down