The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hopefully Dubois beats Usyk for the good of the game...

+6
Inventing Johnson Klute
Derek Smalls
superflyweight
Soul Requiem
No name Bertie
TRUSSMAN66
10 posters

Go down

Hopefully Dubois beats Usyk for the good of the game... Empty Hopefully Dubois beats Usyk for the good of the game...

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:18 am

Dubois beats Usyk and all four titles are in play again....Hallelujah !!

1. Usyk is an Eastern european who doesn't sell......£8 million purse bid for Dubois.....laughable..

2. He's a flobby Cruiserweight waiting to be slapped out anyway.....Not an 80s Heavy that doesn't flatten him....Chisora had a case for a DRAW.

3. This whole Fury v Usyk borefest is hurting the Sport.....Sure it isn't all his fault but people actually give a toss about Fury....

Please Daniel land "THE SHOT" and do us all a favor......We don't need anymore dull Eastern European athletes at the top of the Sport...Look what they have done to Women's tennis..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Hopefully Dubois beats Usyk for the good of the game... Empty Re: Hopefully Dubois beats Usyk for the good of the game...

Post by No name Bertie Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:51 am

I really can't see what Usyk did wrong? Beat AJ twice and Tyson Fury went mad with his shenanigans as Usyk's team tried to get a unification. I don't think Usyk is the reason why the heavyweight division is as it is. The fight with Dubois will be interesting and potentially a major challenge for Usyk.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Hopefully Dubois beats Usyk for the good of the game... Empty Re: Hopefully Dubois beats Usyk for the good of the game...

Post by Soul Requiem Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:00 am

You have a real issue with Eastern Europeans, it's quite distasteful.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:09 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:You have a real issue with Eastern Europeans, it's quite distasteful.

It's certainly a common trope in his posting history.  Funny given his love for Putin (although that explains why he doesn't like Usyk).

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:29 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:You have a real issue with Eastern Europeans, it's quite distasteful.

It's certainly a common trope in his posting history.  Funny given his love for Putin (although that explains why he doesn't like Usyk).  

You should have more respect for the Truman Doctrine and continue grovelling to Americans instead of abusing them...

Don't hate Eastern Europeans just pointing out that an £8 million purse bid for a guy with 3 heavyweight titles is laughable....Fury got £25 million for a dud fight with Chisora........Like with Women's tennis sour faces coupled with no personality = No interest....

If they had respect they would learn to speak English.....Canelo has learned...

Regarding UKR v Russia.....Keep misrepresenting my positions by all means....It plays well on the hand holding section..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:47 pm

Would I be right in interpreting your post....That you want the Ukrainian to beat the "Black" Brit......Sounds a little distasteful if true...

Apologies If I'm wrong... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:52 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

You should have more respect for the Truman Doctrine and continue grovelling to Americans instead of abusing them...

Don't hate Eastern Europeans just pointing out that an £8 million purse bid for a guy with 3 heavyweight titles is laughable....Fury got £25 million for a dud fight with Chisora........Like with Women's tennis sour faces coupled with no personality = No interest....

Regarding UKR v Russia.....Keep misrepresenting my positions by all means....It plays well on the hand holding section..

They don't speak English good like what we do. Jesus!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:08 pm

superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

They don't speak English good like what we do.  Jesus!

Perhaps if they learned the language it would make them more marketable..Yes/No ??...Maybe stop with the faux outrage and think about it...

As a Lawyer your arguments leave a lot to be desired sometimes....Bet you aren't a Partner yet !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:14 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

They don't speak English good like what we do.  Jesus!

Perhaps if they learned the language it would make them more marketable..Yes/No ??...Maybe stop with the faux outrage and think about it...

As a Lawyer your arguments leave a lot to be desired sometimes....Bet you aren't a Partner yet !!

Why use the word 'respect' if you're referring to marketability?  As a [insert anything here] you lack specificity in your arguments.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:48 pm

Like I wrote I think a big hitting albeit limited British fighter would add the kind of excitement a faceless P4P number 1 that can get only get an £8 million purse bid for 3 Heavyweight titles couldn't....Make fights more negotiable too.

No offence but Eastern European fighters don't sell.....Some people might not like it but it's self evident...

Nothing personal with Mr Usyk..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:37 am

Imagine what the landscape would have been like if the Fury - Usyk fight had gone ahead in April - despite Tyson Fury offering Usyk a derisory*** 30% and having the fight in London with home judging  plus Fury going on social media afterwards when Usyk agreed the 30% saying Usyk team are bums for accepting only 30%.  [*** Tyson Fury publicly stated he purposely low - balled them].

Since then we learn more about Tyson Fury never paying out on the bets he loses or never donating to charities he publicly said he would donate to.   In the build up to the Fury - Wilder II fight Fury said he would make a donation to an American Homelessness charity - apparently he donated zero.  Similarly he refused to commit to donating £1 million to the Ukrainian people for humanitarian purposes despite Usyk accepting the 30%.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

rapidringsroad likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:48 am

I don’t think it’s at all a problem that Usyk is not a strong English speaker. Granted his “ I am feel , I am very feel” shtick is not something that I find at all funny, but it’s pretty unreasonable to expect a fighter to speak a language.
Usyk’s idea of self-promotion seems to be to convince people that he hangs out at Fraggle Rock- funny for the young uns, but not exactly Apollo Creed level charisma there.
To be honest I just want Fury to go away. I was something approaching a fan I guess a year or so back but he’s a busted flush from a public relations perspective, and I feel in my bones that he’s not going to slim down to his proper weight again since he found his bully- boy -tactics style.
I do agree that a Dubois victory could be a fun result, and opens all kind of possibilities. My hopes are that we will move in to the post Fury Joshua and Usyk era as soon as possible. As long as they’re around there are still the possibility for Chisora or Whyte to get more nauseating payouts , and besides, I do rather fancy DuBois/ Joyce II….!
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:54 pm

I’m looking forward to seeing how this pans out. I think Usyk is too good but DuBois has been very overlooked.
He’s confident and I think it will be great if he gives it a good go. There’s always a niggle that Usyk is vulnerable -he’s not superman, he has been hit and hurt, so why can’t DD hurt him?
My prediction is a close fight with Usyk winning a unanimous decision.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Inventing Johnson Klute Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:14 am

Got to feel for Dubois. Spends his entire life working towards a goal, lands the perfect shot and the ref lets the guy off the hook. Pathetic

Inventing Johnson Klute

Derek Smalls likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Inventing Johnson Klute Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:14 am

Got to feel for Dubois.  Spends his entire life working towards a goal, lands the perfect shot and the ref lets the guy off the hook. Pathetic

Inventing Johnson Klute

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:16 am

Yeah, can’t see them letting DD win, he can’t even kayo him legitimately.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:23 am

And here’s another controversy to add to the annals .Poor DuBois.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:26 am

It was a hometown decision. If Uysk does that to Dubois, no way does the ref call it low.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:27 am

Looked like a body shot

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:38 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F4fXdEtWwAA3WzJ?format=jpg&name=large

It's clearly a smidge low. Shame for DDB, because two inches or so higher and it would have been the punch that set him and his family up for generations in a fight he was clearly second banana either side of the punch.

Good fight overall, though. DDB has improved quite a bit, and Usyk looks to have slowed down a little more. He needs to get that undisputed bout ASAP.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:19 am

You can see why Usyk is begging for a Saudi payday...

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:34 am

Another shame night in boxing, that was a perfectly good shot and fight over. Embarrassing performance from Usyk to make out otherwise.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:24 pm

You don't need to be hit on the gonads for a punch to be low. It's clearly below his naval, ergo clearly below the belt line. It's a low blow.

DuBois getting knocked out by a jab is not going to do wonders for the whole "questionable heart" thing he's got attached to his name.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:24 am

Below his naval? Looked to be bang on the naval, Usyk has his trunks high so makes a perfectly legal shot look lower than it is. The belt line is a few inches below the naval anyway.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:56 am

Referee had to make a quick call on a less than obvious outcome and I imagine Usyk's response guided him...

Was it low ??......Looked a genuine shot to me......But it is open to interpretation....

What isn't open to interpretation is Usyk's habit of conning referees in fights previous to this with genuine body shots...

Personally don't want a rematch as Dubois was outclassed for 99% of the fight.....

Was he robbed ???

Has a case but not an open and shut one....Daniel should avoid a rematch...Best to let these oldies have their day and pick up a vacant strap in a couple of years....He's still young for a heavy.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:29 am

Mr Winklechops Belew is loudly saying it was the right call, who’s he trying to kid, can’t express an opinion without an ulterior motive why he’s given credence I don’t know.
I remember Holyfield wore his belt so high ,it was impossible to hit him in the abdominals.
Yes the rule is about “below the belt” but come on, is a fighter allowed to wear his shorts so high and not take a blow lower than their belt line..?

DuBois would’ve been a one fight champion but he deserved his moment all the same. Rematchimg would go badly for him, I agree he should wait it out.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:47 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:Below his naval? Looked to be bang on the naval, Usyk has his trunks high so makes a perfectly legal shot look lower than it is. The belt line is a few inches below the naval anyway.

His trunks were not high. You could see his belly button when he lifted his arms to celebrate, aka  they were right on his navel. Any hit on the lower half of his waist trimming would be low and there is literally a freeze frame of the punch hitting below the trimming
Again, I've literally linked a frame showing it hit low.

Supposedly you could hear the shot hit the groin protector ringside (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3ZQbq4DYPk). The shot was low.

Maybe DDB gets the benefit of the doubt if his promoter had believed in him and ponied some cash up for a home fight, especially against a fighter who has traditionally sold out arenas and done gangbuster PPV buys in the UK, but Frank didn't think he stood a snowball's chance. C'est la vie.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:16 pm

What is getting lost in the "controversy" is the fact Dubois was looking for the exit late in the fight again......With Joyce he wanted rescuing and he was looking for an out before the end in the ninth...He wouldn't have argued if the corner pulled him out in the 8th.

The Kid does lack heart in rough moments.....He is a long way from Holy absorbing the uppercut of the century against Bowe and some how staying in the fight or even Fury rising in the 12th against Wilder.......Chuck in countless times Larry Holmes escaped from Queer street...

Dubois not only lacks the skills of a champ but he lacks the heart as well and the latter is more damning.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:43 am

Joe Cortez has said he thought the blow was legal.......If this Ukrainian faker does fight Fury he better hope Fury doesn't go to the body.....Have a feeling a real low blow is going to see a count.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:47 pm

Cortez also said he'd have given DuBois a warning, but not given Usyk five minutes. Weird thing to say to what you think was a legal punch. But anyway.

I thought Saturday was the best DDB has looked. He moved his head, he varied his attacks. Good to remember at the same age, Usyk was barely a professional and AJ was fighting guys without Wikipedia pages. He's still got plenty time. It definitely is a worry that he found a corner to lay down on this past weekend. Getting knocked out by a jab against a guy who had one stoppage at HW is an all-time quit job, but he's big, looks more organised, and he's way further along than anyone five years older or younger than him, so he could very well still become a champion

Last edited by kingraf on Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:55 pm

I was probably in a minority as I personally enjoyed the Klitschko brothers’ domination of the division over some ghastly and rude American boxer Smile  I also think Trussman would do well for a job in the BBC, as they are also openly disdainful towards eastern European sportspeople given they are of course a “neutral” broadcaster.

I don’t think Dubois winning does any favours because he’s not going to be dominant.  It’ll just end up being 2006 all over again with belts being all over the place.  I think that a good US heavyweight probably does lift the division but Wilder isn’t very good.

I think Usyk should retire despite winning. He’s got nothing more to prove. Fury will just waste more time and wait for him to get too old.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down