The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can anyone explain how Usyk beats Fury ??....Because I can't see it..

5 posters

Go down

Can anyone explain how Usyk beats Fury ??....Because I can't see it.. Empty Can anyone explain how Usyk beats Fury ??....Because I can't see it..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:15 pm

Well Fury was smart enough to get 70/30 (My earlier thread was perhaps premature).....Smart enough to get the ring sorted in Germany.....Smart enough to get in to Wlad's head and render him useless for 12 rounds....

I imagine he will be smart enough to know a podgy blown up Cruiser that struggled with Chisora and outpointed a poor Man's Bruno won't....

a) Be quicker than him at 225+....
b) Be able to hurt him...
c) Be able to sustain 12 rounds at a good pace...
d) Be too confident against a guy that is unbeaten and dangerous at all times..
e) Know which Fury turns up......Introspective Fury v Wilder 1...or the semi Hagler v Hearns one of Wilder 2..

Larry Holmes didn't have a great chin or great power.....But the few times he caught Spinks flush his legs were in the neighboring state.....and everytime the Spinks Jinx landed Holmes looked like he waving away a pesky fly......Spinks was 205 vs Holmes 220.....

Usyk will be giving away three stone.....Spinks was also the same height as Holmes....Usyk is 5 inches shorter meaning like Wlad he will have to get in to range against a non-stiff.....As we saw Wlad didn't fancy it...How much will a podgy Cruiser fancy it ????

Yes Usyk is a very skillful...great fighter but so was Spinks who got killed off Tyson.......So was Taylor who got battered off Norris.....DelaHoya - Hopkins......Fitz v Jeffries......Carpentier v Dempsey.....Duran vs Hearns......

When a smart bigger fighter knows you can't hurt them...They can take liberties that all the skill in the World isn't going to counter act....You need something to get respect..

Yes Pernell Whittaker types moved up and did well as did Leonard etc.....But not in their mid thirties when their legs and speed wasn't the same....Norris and Camacho played with Leonard and Hearns got robbed..

Usyk v Fury...........Hand on heart explain how a blown up...old....Half a tank.....Power-short Cruiser beats the World's best Heavy ??

Deep down bet you can't !!!! Hug

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Can anyone explain how Usyk beats Fury ??....Because I can't see it.. Empty Re: Can anyone explain how Usyk beats Fury ??....Because I can't see it..

Post by No name Bertie Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:02 am

A week before the Chisora fight last year:

ESPN quoting Tyson Fury wrote: "I'm pretty f---ed up with injuries," said Fury, ESPN's No. 6 pound-for-pound boxer. "I'm like a car with half-a-million miles on it. ... My body's worn out. ... I decided to come back 'cause I was bored, basically. And I can still knock mother---ers out and get paid to do it."

"My elbows are all f---ed up, both arms," Fury said. "I've been punching for so long, and my arms are f---ed, shoulders, back, everything. ... I can't do what I used to be able to do. It's paining me. I used to be able to do all this fancy s--- and get out of the way of a million punches like 'The Matrix.'

"And now I just got to try and block the shots or whatever. ... I'm just going to keep punching until I can't punch anymore. Hopefully down the line somewhere get an arm transplant or some s--- like that."
https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/35140386/bored-fury-set-return-title-defense-vs-chisora

In that article it also mentions that Fury had cortisone injections into his elbows before the Fury-Wilder III fight and a lengthy operation after that fight to have bone spurs removed from both elbows.

If the fight really goes ahead on April 29th Fury says he would have 6 weeks of training and one week of rest before the fight.  Others are saying realistically he only has five weeks of training.   Fury currently looks to be out of shape, overweight and unprepared.  Usyk has reportedly been training and preparing since December / January for this fight.

We know that Usyk never took a count in 12 rounds of boxing against wild and heavy swinging Chisora and 24 rounds of heavy hitting AJ.  

Fury lacks the power of AJ but has a weight advantage and a 7" reach advantage over Usyk.  

For Usyk to win he has to outscore Fury getting in on the inside of Fury and avoiding getting clinched and leaned on.   He did that against AJ for 24 rounds - although AJ only has a 4" reach advantage and doesn't clinch and lean on his opponents.  In the Fury vs Wilder III fight Wilder sometimes went to ground when Fury leaned on him that brought in the referee to separate the two without Wilder losing additional energy trying to resist Fury's weight.

Given this fight will be held in Fury's backyard with a large home following, the impartiality of the judges is also going to be important for Usyk to win on points.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Can anyone explain how Usyk beats Fury ??....Because I can't see it.. Empty Re: Can anyone explain how Usyk beats Fury ??....Because I can't see it..

Post by 88Chris05 Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:35 pm

If Fury gets his arse in gear and the fight actually happens, and Usyk pulls off the win, then for me he goes in right behind Mayweather and Pacquiao as probably the third greatest fighter of this century so far.

I've always struggled to see him beating Fury....But we'd be wise not to underestimate him. As for how he wins, well he's not really a stick and move type, and I don't think that would work here in any case. He didn't impress all that much in those couple of rounds here and there against Chisora or Joshua where he was properly on his bike.

He hasn't quite got the same combinations and aggressive inclinations as a Heavyweight that he had at Cruiser, so basically I think it's going to be a replica of the tactics and execution from the first Joshua fight, with some minor adjustments. Trying to keep it mid range, constant changing of levels, trying to take his head off the line whenever he punches and attempting to get Fury reaching so he can square him up and pick him off with straight lefts to head and body. Make Fury miss and make him pay.

Usyk has always had absolutely tremendous stamina (Fury is no slouch in this area either, to be fair) but his gas tank is going to be tested like never before here, I think. Usyk doesn't punch in (or his way out of) the clinches that much, but he does defend himself very well in them and I think a lot of people were surprised how hard Joshua found it to muscle him there...But Joshua's mauling and inside game is nowhere near as rough and effective as Fury's, and Fury WILL be fighting dirty if the referee permits, and if he's having trouble with Usyk's style.

I still have a nagging feeling that Usyk might unravel if a really big Heavyweight who likes having it right at close quarters puts it on him...But as I alluded to above, he's been underestimated before, and he has come through against some genuinely big punchers such as Gassiev and Joshua without ever being in any real trouble. I don't think it's a given that Fury can stop him, even if the fight does start going his way.

I think Fury gets the job done by hook or by crook, but I also think Usyk is a very, very live underdog here.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:29 pm

Not too sure this hasn’t been an AI exercise in a Truss article, but I see it as a fairly even match up whilst agreeeing with all the points about why Fury should walk it easily. Should. As Bertie says and I said recently Fury is looking for one fight surely before he exits as he’s basically held together by tape. Fury’s body will be targeted and I have a hunch Usyk will have stretches of real eye catching success. It’s hard not to conclude it’s Fury’s fight, but it’s also his fight to lose, and by such slender margins do fights get decided.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:16 am

Usyk obviously is the underdog, but underdogs have been known to come out on top; Buster Douglas v Tyson for one. I can't see Usyk winning by knockout but a points win is possible. I'm still not sure whether the fight will come off though, Fury is pretty unpredictable to say the least.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down