The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happens if the weather beats a 6Ns game?

+5
bedfordwelsh
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
red_stag
SecretFly
Portnoy
9 posters

Go down

What happens if the weather beats a 6Ns game? Empty What happens if the weather beats a 6Ns game?

Post by Portnoy Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:30 pm

I'm sure it's happened before but I can't recall one in the pro era.

The last time I can recall a postponement/cancellation was in the early eighties when the Australian side was snowed in South Wales with the busty streaker Erica Rowe. But that wasn't of course a 6Ns game.

Previously in the seventies a couple of 5Ns Irish games were cancelled during the Troubles.

Postponement or cancellation if the pitch is unplayable in a 6Ns match?
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

What happens if the weather beats a 6Ns game? Empty Re: What happens if the weather beats a 6Ns game?

Post by SecretFly Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:34 pm

30 pairs of skates supplied and the new game of Icerugby is announced to the world. Never make a drama out of a crisis Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

What happens if the weather beats a 6Ns game? Empty Re: What happens if the weather beats a 6Ns game?

Post by red_stag Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:36 pm

Ireland played 6 Nations games in September/October in 2001 due to foot and mouth disease.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:40 pm

well I know it'd be hard to play with foot desease... but only Paul O'Connell needs his mouth. Bad reason to postpone games IMO.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:07 pm

red_stag wrote:Ireland played 6 Nations games in September/October in 2001 due to foot and mouth disease.
On a similar note, there have been a few instances where an outbreak of Gatland Mouth has threatened internationals, but the games have always gone ahead Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:18 pm

If they did actualy cancel the Scotland England game for weatehr it would be a blesing for all fans not having to sit through it bored to tears

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:23 pm

Haven't all crowds (Italy the exception probably) got undersoil heating or a roof in the case of the MS.

So I don't think it would be cancelled for pitch reason though maybe for spectator safety if travelling etc
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:10 pm

Wasnt Erica Rowe in twickenham? Ah happy days, we dont get streakers like that anymore.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:15 pm

If any match is cancelled then it will be re-arranged at a suitable time. Most recent re-arrangement was, as Stag, mentions due the the Foot and Mouth outbreak in Britain in the spring of 2001, with the Irish Govt worried that travelling fans would infect their livestock.

I watched Ireland deny England a Grand Slam at a maternity hospitalk when I was supposed to be visiting my wife and newborn in October 2001. warning

and yes, Erica Roe streaked at twickenham (Jan 81 I think)

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:28 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
I watched Ireland deny England a Grand Slam at a maternity hospitalk when I was supposed to be visiting my wife and newborn in October 2001.

And I'm sure glad I decided to read all of that sentence Tiger.... I thought you were a scientific first there for a sec.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:33 pm

Then the ref shouldn´t be blamed and the better team won...

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:18 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:Wasnt Erica Rowe in twickenham? Ah happy days, we dont get streakers like that anymore.

Whatever her name was, I was there.

It all started with a bloke in a gorilla suit doing a jig on the centre spot.

Then Erica together a much less-endowed mate both came on to strut their stuff.

Erica was marched off with the helpful helmet (geddit?) of a copper to protect some of her 'modesty'. She did require two though...
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:51 am

SecretFly wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
I watched Ireland deny England a Grand Slam at a maternity hospitalk when I was supposed to be visiting my wife and newborn in October 2001.

And I'm sure glad I decided to read all of that sentence Tiger.... I thought you were a scientific first there for a sec.

But surely the real question is why were they playing at a maternity hospital in the first place?

Was there an awkward hiatus between Lansdowne Road's last game and permission being granted to use Croke Park when Ireland had to play wherever they could?
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down