The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6CW Proving Grounds (Week 2) - Results

Go down

6CW Proving Grounds (Week 2) - Results Empty 6CW Proving Grounds (Week 2) - Results

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:04 am

(The show goes live on air from the Emirates Arena in Glasgow as a pyrotechnic display follows the opening credits. The packed out crowd of around 3,000 are making a raucous noise as "Kingdom" booms through the sound system and then we pan around to show Jeff Thadeus, Jack Reynolds and Henry Lloyd seated at the announce area to the left hand side of the stage)

JT: Ladies and gentlemen good evening to you and welcome to the second week of the 6CW Proving Grounds.....week number two in the Iron Man Tournament to crown the first 6CW World Champion of the new era and what a night we have in store....I am joined, as ever, by Jack Reynolds and the hall of famer Henry Lloyd....fellas, are you ready?

JR: I'm arguably more pumped than I was last week....look at these eight matches that are signed here tonight....all four groups in the tournament were left hanging in the balance after the last show and these bouts tonight are going to add even more fuel to the fire....I can't wait to see who is going to take one step closer to being crowned world champion...

JT: And don't forget that tonight is the first night of the Miss Jessica era....as we went off air last week Cillian Frost announced Jessica as the General Manager of 6CW, what did you make of that, Henry?

HE: Huge call from Frost....I mean Jessica is Jessica, we all know that she is unhinged and pretty damn psychotic in all honesty.....but she won't be afraid to mix things up and that could really set this company alight....I'm certainly intrigued....

JT: Intrigued is an understatement....and talking of our new leader....

"Sweet but psycho" plays out of the speakers and is greeted by a mixed reception from those in attendance. Miss Jessica makes her grand appearance, dressed in a very tight fitting white dress, and makes her way across the walkway. She takes her time to provocatively climb through the ropes, making sure the cameras focus on her rear, before accepting a microphone from Michael Bird. She holds her hand up to silence the music

Jessica: That's better....now everyone can hear ME!

(Some of the crowd boo but Jessica sticks her tongue out and cackles)

Jessica: Oh lighten up 6CW.....like you aren't glad to see me...

(She twirls on the spot and continues to laugh)

Jessica: Drink it in, because you'll never get closer than this to a woman like me....each and everyone of you has fantasised about me at some point and that's ok....men want me, women want to be me and I'm ok with that, I've accepted my place in life at the top of the food chain...

JT: Miss Jessica as endearing as ever....

Jessica: But this isn't about me.....wait, no, actually it is...

JR: You can't fault the life she brings to the party....

Jessica: Because I am the new General Manager of 6CW.....

(More boos follow)

Jessica: Boo all you like, it won't change a thing.......are you all sad?

(Jessica pulls a mocking sad face and then laughs again)

Jessica: Well I'm here to turn those frowns upside down....it's kinda my speciality........I'm going to make 6CW a titan once more.....see that's what a gal like me does.....I take something that nobody else wants, I breathe life into it, I mould it, I shape it exactly as I want and I transform it into the best it can be......hashtag living your best life.....

Look at my track record people....I'm like so totally the queen of making things happen....I got Scorpion over for crying out loud...

HE: It's true, she did....

Jessica: I made Cassius Zhi the monster that you all trembled in fear of......I gave The Saint a personality......and I showed the world what was underneath Lex Hart's little pink shorts....

JT: I think we'd rather forget....

Jessica: My record speaks for itself; I am the most accomplished manager in professional wrestling and it made totes sense for Cillian Frost to reach out and approach me to run his little company.....see people boo me, you all think I'm crazy.....and maybe I am, maybe we all are...but when I set my mind to something, it happens.....

So buckle up....because sooner or later you're all going to be like....oh my god I can't believe I ever doubted Jess she's so great, I wish she was my friend or my girlfriend or whatever....I wish we could like totally hang out and drink cocktails....

This is a new era for 6CW and like me, loathe me or lust after me I don't care....I'm going to put this place on the map bigger and better than anyone who ever came before....Liederman, Dubois, Drake, Walker, Callihan, Jones....they will all pale into insignificance compared to me....

And to all my huns in the back, oiling up ready for competition....like totally knock on my office door any time....I'd like to evaluate you all personally.....

(She bites her lip seductively and laughs some more before "People" plays from the speakers and there is a roar from the audience. Jessica looks momentarily taken aback but then the gleam returns to her eyes as Hero walks out onto the stage, looking as downtrodden as he did the week before)

JR: Talk about a reunion for the ages...

HE: Hero shouldn't be allowed to just walk around here.....he hasn't been signed to a 6CW contract...

JT: Cillian Frost gave him permission to be here...

HE: Cillian Frost isn't running this show right now...

(Hero slowly wanders to the ring, looking at his feet and ignoring the crowd, before climbing through the ropes. He then eventually raises his head and looks at Jessica, who seems to be enjoying the moment immensely)

Hero: Jess...

Jessica: Well isn't this a pleasant surprise...

Hero: Pleasant wasn't the first word that sprung to mind...

Jessica: Play nice now, baby.....

Hero: Look let's just cut to the chase here....

Jessica: No foreplay? I guess that was always your style....you always did prefer to get to the point, quickly...

Hero: I'm not here to play your games....

Jessica: No fair....

Hero: Frost said he'd evaluate my chances of getting a job here......I was hoping perhaps he'd made a decision on that...

Jessica: So you came out to talk to me? Why didn't you just call Cillian yourself?

Hero: I just thought with you now being General Manager that...

(Jessica presses her finger to Hero's lips and shushes him)

Jessica: Don't worry, baby, I understand....you thought that given our history that maybe I'd pull a few strings for you.....maybe I'd take pity on the father of my son.....maybe I'd bend over backward for you...

(She tips him a wink but he seems oblivious to her ways)

Hero: I thought that maybe we could start afresh.....put the past behind us....I want, no I need this, Jess....for myself.....for Austin....I want him to have a Dad he can be proud of.....a Dad he actually wants to see....

(Jessica seems to be having a lot of fun at Hero's expense, a smile teasing her lips at all times)

Jessica: I tell you what, Hero......I mean you look like trash, I know you always wanted to be like Hobo but I didn't think you'd actually turn into one....because I'm like so totally a nice person, I'll have a word with Cillian about getting you a job here...

(Hero's eyes widen in surprise)

Jessica: Austin does need a father he can look up to....and right now you're a disgrace...I'm glad I don't let him anywhere near you....what a joke you have become...

(Hero's jaw tenses but he says nothing at the jibes)

Jessica: But first I want you to do something for...

Hero: Anything...

(Jessica smiles vindictively)

Jessica: Beg...

(The crowd boo in fury and Hero looks shocked. Jessica places her hands on her hips and waits expectantly)

JT: Surely not....the great Hero is not going to beg for his job...

HE: What choice does he have....

(The crowd are stunned as Hero slowly drops down onto his knees, drawing a vicious cackle from Jessica)

Hero: Is this what you want? You've taken a lot from me in my life, Jess....you may as well strip away the last of my dignity too....if you want me to beg for a job then so be it....because I need this....I need a lifeline....

Jessica: You really are pathetic.....I can't actually believe I made a child with you.....you used to be somebody, you had arenas sold out all around the world....look at you....you led revolutions, created anarchy, built cults that followed you blindly.....you ruled the world and now before me kneels a broken shell of nothing.....I'm not sure I want a joke like this representing my company....

JT: But she said? What a witch she really is...she hasn't changed a damn bit...

Jessica: You need to take a long look in the mirror, Hero....because you aren't worthy of this company...you aren't worthy of my time and you most certainly aren't worthy of Austin.....the Hero I knew wouldn't have begged for a damn thing....he'd have taken it.....where is he? Does he even exist anymore?

You want a job here? Earn one....impress me.....make me take notice.....I look at you and I'm like so totally not even the slightest bit wet....

JR: Wow....

Jessica: Are you even a man? See I could click my fingers right now and anyone on this roster could come out and end you once and for all on my demand.....and you'd probably just take it, there's no fight in you....I can't use this....

(She points at him and wrinkles her nose in disgust)

Jessica: Until you relocate your balls....and believe me I won't be looking for them again.....then I suggest you get the hell out of my ring and out of this building....

I've got a show to run....see ya...

(Hero slowly and reluctantly gets to his feet, looking even more disgraced than when he entered. The crowd are booing and looking uncomfortable at the situation as Hero climbs from the ring and shuffles across the walkway. Jessica watches him go, the smile never leaving her face, before turning back to the audience as he disappears. She can barely be heard now over the boos)

Jessica: Like whatever....I've got a manicure booked for five minutes time so let's get this show started....I like haven't got time for anymore issues....call Jeremy Kyle or something....talk to the hand b1tches!

(Jessica holds her hand up and laughs as "Sweet but Psycho" plays out again and she climbs from the ring)

JT: A very eventful if not uncomfortable beginning to tonight's show....

JR: I genuinely felt bad for Hero watching that.....I never thought I'd see a legend like him reduced to that....

HE: Hero just found out that Miss Jessica is no pushover....I'm more on board with her appointment now....

JT: I think you are very much in the minority....but be that as it may, she's here to stay and we have a show to get on with....don't go anywhere folks because our first bout of the evening is coming right up next....

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

6CW Proving Grounds (Week 2) - Results Empty Re: 6CW Proving Grounds (Week 2) - Results

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:12 am

(The action goes backstage and Cerberus is shown sat in his locker-room. His eyes are unmoving as he stares straight ahead, his chest slowly rising as he takes deep breaths)

JT: Coming up first folks is a real battle for the ages....the monster, Cerberus will go one on one with Liam Wood.....the connotations for Group C are massive...

JR: Wood coming off a big loss last week against Scott Harris....he needs this victory but I don't believe he has ever beaten Cerberus one on one...

JT: Not many people have....

HE: Liam Wood is a man who rises to the big occasion, he reacts to pressure and tonight he will prove once again why he is the favourite to become 6CW Champion....

(The scene changes and shows Wood exiting his own locker-room, Fleur Michaels is waiting for him to grab a quick interview)

Fleur: Liam, any chance of a word ahead of your bout with Cerberus?

(Wood gives her an up and down look, sneering)

Wood: I don't have time for this (beep)…...quite frankly you people don't deserve my time, writing my off after one fluke loss.....well take a long look at what I'm about to go out there and do....because when this night is over, you'll all realise once more that nothing and nobody is going to stop me from getting what belongs to me...

I set a goal and I achieve said goal.....rinse, repeat....Cerberus is about to regret ever returning to 6CW, I guarantee it!

(Wood storms off toward the ringside area, leaving Fleur in silence. The crowd then cheer as Vincent Costello is shown standing out of sight with a smile on his face)

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

6CW Proving Grounds (Week 2) - Results Empty Re: 6CW Proving Grounds (Week 2) - Results

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:15 am

Bout 1
Cerberus vs Liam Wood

JT: What a match this is to kick off tonight's show....I mean as far as pro wrestling goes they don't come much bigger...

JR: This is a former Night of Glory main event.....these two men have held five world championships between them....

JT: And the impact this could have on Group C is monumental.....

"Revival Mode" screams out of the speakers and there are boos in the air as Liam Wood makes his entrance. He stands on the stage, dismissing the jeers of the audience, and raises his arms up into the air in defiance...

HE: Time for Liam Wood to show these people why he's the tournament favourite...

JT: Was the tournament favourite....Wood has it all to do now after his loss last week, he needs this win....

JR: He sure does....all of a sudden he's gone from a frontrunner to an outsider......and of all the matches he needs to win this is a hell of a way to put pressure on...

HE: But pressure is when Liam Wood will rise to the task....he thrives in this environment...

Wood climbs into the ring, a sullen but determined look on his face, and then flames erupt from the stage front as "Haunted" airs through the sound system. There are big cheers from the 6CW faithful as the giant form of Cerberus appears from the shadows...

JT: Arguably the most dominant 6CW Champion of all time.....Cerberus can claim, and rightfully so, that during his two reigns as champion he was never pinned or submitted to lose either.....he is technically unbeaten in world championship matches.....

JR: And the trail of devastation he left during his last reign was historic....a shock return last week and he showed that he is still a monstrous force to be reckoned with...

HE: Cerberus is a bad man, nobody doubts that....but there are ways to beat him, there are vulnerabilities and a world class operator like Liam Wood can exploit them...

JT: Not many vulnerabilities spring to my mind when I think of Cerberus but Liam Wood has to find one here tonight....he has to win this match otherwise his chances of progressing through this group will diminish to almost non existent...

JR: Almost unthinkable when this whole tournament first began....Liam Wood believes he is so much better than everyone else and I'm not sure his ego could take such a setback....

Cerberus climbs over the top rope and marches straight to centre ring as the referee moves to prevent him from starting the fight with Wood too early. Wood isn't fazed by Cerberus' daunting size but takes one backward step in order to weigh up his next move...

JT: 7th August 2017 at Night of Glory VIII, Cerberus dethroned Liam Wood as the EWF Champion in an all out war....these two men know what it takes to get to the mountain top, they know each other so well...but who walks away victorious tonight?

JR: Fifteen minutes on the clock...

HE: This one isn't going fifteen...

The bell sounds and Wood immediately rushes forward on the attack but Cerberus is ready for him, clutching him by the throat as the crowd roar....

JT: CHOKESLAM!

Wood drives his knee into Cerberus' gut at the final moment and then explodes with three right hands before running off the ropes and returns with a discus lariat punch that sends the big man staggering into the corner. Wood yells in rage at his rival and then sprints in with a yakuza kick straight to the jaw...Wood drags Cerberus out and nails a final cut suplex...

JT: That took some serious strength....Wood started as he means to go on...

HE: Ready to turn his fortunes around...

1..............Cerberus powers out. Wood is immediately on Cerberus, clubbing his back, and then he drags him and hooks his arms...

JR: Underhook...

Cerberus refuses to budge and then charges Wood back into the corner. He yanks himself free of Wood's grip and then fires a back elbow into his jaw before lifting him up onto the top rope...

JT: Precarious and dangerous situation....not often we see Cerberus taking a high risk...

Cerberus climbs onto the ropes but Wood responds with a sharp headbutt to the face and then jams his fingers through the eyeholes of Cerberus' mask. He tears and rips before shoving the monster backward, sending him crashing down in a heap on the floor....

HE: Big elbow....straight through the heart of the beast....

JT: Wood fighting like his life depends on it...

Wood's elbow slams into the chest of Cerberus after leaping from on high and he scoots into another cover..........1................2.........powerout!

JR: We know Cerberus has an insane pain threshold....we can withstand so much....

HE: Wood is going to keep going until he can't take anymore....I don't think you realise what being the world champion means to him....

Wood spits on the canvass, showing his frustration, and then he rags Cerberus back up and hooks his arms in place once more...

JT: Thinking Manson Driver...

Cerberus' locks down and then counters with a huge backdrop. The big man stumbles over to the corner and he waits for Wood to rise before leaping back out toward him with a bicycle kick...

JR: Wood scouted....he's alive to everything here...

Wood ducks the kick at the final second and then superkicks Cerberus' knee, dropping him on all fours, before connecting with a devastating double armed DDT from the knelt position....

HE: That would knock out a normal man...

JT: Nothing normal about Cerberus...

.......kickout. Wood has stern words with the referee about the speed of his count but the official dismisses his complaints. Cerberus is slowly starting to rise once more as Wood barges past the referee and runs off the ropes...

HE: PSYCHO CRUSHER!
Cerberus ducks out of the foot stomp attempt and then he grips Wood by the throat...

JT: CHOKE...

Wood jumps out the side and then nails a superkick to the gut. Cerberus doubles up....

HE: Lungblower...

Wood lets out a yell from the effort of lifting Cerberus but the monster succeeds in dropping back out onto his feet and he shoves his opponent back to the ropes before darting at him...

JR: Once again Wood knew what was coming...

Wood drops down and pulls the ropes, sending Cerberus toppling over them and out onto walkway. Cerberus is already beginning to get back up as Wood sprints off the opposite ropes...

HE: WHAT A SPEAR!
The crowd applaud the move as Wood dives through the middle rope and tackles Cerberus into a heap on the walkway. Both men are down in a heap as the referee starts to count them out...

JT: Wood throwing caution to the wind right there....he wants this win so bad....

JR: He needs this win...

HE: He will get the win...

The referee's count is at five when Wood stumbles up and he climbs into the ring. He watches Cerberus struggling on the outside...

JT: Wood seems to be struggling with an inner turmoil here...

JR: He's contemplating whether the points from a count out victory are enough...

Wood seems to be weighing his options and then he climbs from the ring and grabs Cerberus. He pulls him to the ropes and throws him back into the ring before scaling the turnbuckle...

JT: That may come back to haunt Wood right there....he might just have had the win sewn up....

HE: Now he's making sure.....INCOMING!

The crowd roar as Wood leaps from the top rope for a flying lariat but is met in midair by a brutal brogue kick straight to the face. Wood is dazed from the impact and Cerberus scoops him onto his shoulders....

JR: Death Valley Driver....Wood in big trouble...

.........kickout!

JT: That was extremely close....Wood loses this match and his hopes of becoming a four time world champion are going to be almost non existent....

Cerberus clambers up and takes a deep breath before seizing Wood by the head. He rags him up and then he flips him up into a crucifix position...

JR: Powerbomb incoming....

Wood kicks his legs in a frenzy and succeeds in dropping off the back of Cerberus before sprinting off the ropes to gather momentum for his attack...

JT: He ran straight into it!

The ring shakes from the impact as Cerberus' scoops Wood up and drills him with a huge sidewalk slam. Cerberus then drags Wood up into a front facelock before decimating him with a brainbuster, driving Wood's head down into his knee upon landing...

JR: Wood is done....

1.......................2....................3!

HE: Lives to fight another day....you cannot count out the desire of Liam Wood....

JT: He's a tough son of a gun, that can't be denied...

Cerberus kneels over Wood and takes a deep breath as a huge "6C-Dub" chant rings around the Emirates Arena. Cerberus gets to his feet and he stalks his opponent, waiting for him to rise....

JR: What match this is to kick off our show tonight....

JT: Main event calibre bout opening the evening......THE DEATH BELL TOLLS!

Cerberus lifts Wood off the ground but Wood throws his body forward into a roll and pulls the big down to the ground. They both then scramble back up and Cerberus looks to scoop Wood up but he elbows his way free again and delivers a kick to the gut....

HE: MANSON DRIVER....HE GOT HIM!

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:17 am

Wood connects with his finisher out of nowhere but the toll of the match thus far leaves him in a heap as well. Slowly he drags himself over and manages to drape an arm over the chest of his foe...

.......3!

JT: Cerberus will not be defeated...

JR: I'm starting to wonder if he can be...

HE: Wood will find a way...he's chipping away...

Wood screams in fury and tugs at his head in dismay as the referee indicates a shoulder up. Wood crawls to his feet and fixes Cerberus with a maniacal glare before running the ropes....

HE: PSYCHO....

JT: WHAT A COUNTER!
Cerberus rises up as Wood leaps for the foot stomp and he catches him on his shoulders before transitioning into a crucifix powerbomb that sends Wood flying across the canvass. Wood's head is under the bottom rope as Cerberus climbs out onto the apron and delivers a big time legdrop....

JR: Cerberus just turned the tables in seconds....Wood might be in real trouble here......CHOKESLAM!

Cerberus lifts Wood up off the canvass and drills him into the deck with his patented slam....

JT: That's it....

HE: Referee is out....

JR: Huh?

Wood's trailing leg catches the referee in the jaw and knocks him down just moments before the chokeslam is completed. Cerberus is in the middle of making the cover when he realises what has happened...

JT: What an unfortunate turn of events for Cerberus here....he should have this match won...

HE: But he doesn't....

Cerberus makes his way over to the referee and tries to shake him conscious but the official is still feeling the effects of the kick. Cerberus shakes his head in frustration and then makes his way back over to Liam Wood...

*Ultra boos

JR: Dastardly from Liam Wood....

HE: No referee to call it.....gotta do what you gotta do....

Wood lands a vicious low blow on his opponent, sparking a real outcry from the audience, and drops Cerberus down on his knees...

JT: AND NOW A PSYCHO CRUSHER...

HE: Beautiful...

Wood stomps Cerberus' head into the mat and then he scurries over and shakes the referee awake before sliding into the cover...

JR: I don't believe he's going to steal one like this...

...............3!

JT: CERBERUS WON'T QUIT!

JR: It is like Night of Glory all over again....Wood couldn't put Cerberus away then and he can't put him away now....

Wood looks almost tearful as he falls back onto the canvass and lets out a plethora of curses. The crowd are chanting for Cerberus, willing him to get back himself back in the match....

JT: Liam Wood is starting to question himself here....he's thrown everything at Cerberus here....no matter what he does in this Iron Man Tournament he just doesn't seem able to catch a break....

Wood clings to the ropes and pulls himself back up, his eyes wide with desperation, and then turns back to Cerberus. The monster us slowly crawling up too and Wood grips his wrist before whipping him off the ropes....

HE: WORLD EATER!

The crowd cheer as Cerberus catches Wood's knee before impact and shoves him back into the corner. Cerberus runs in on the attack but Wood sidesteps at the final moment...

JT: He pulled the padding away....

Wood exposes the metal underneath the top turnbuckle and sends Cerberus crashing against the steel. He then drags Cerberus back around....

HE: MANSON DRIVER.....FORGET IT....WHAT DOES HE WANT?

The crowd pop as Vincent Costello comes walking out onto the stage with a big smile on his face. He strolls along the walkway as Wood glares at him and gets back to his feet, his body shaking with fury...

HE: Wood has this match won.....Costello has no business here...

JT: Wood just needs to make the cover....I have no idea what he's reacting here....

JR: Costello certainly enjoying this...

Wood is screaming at the referee to make Costello leave but Costello merely shrugs his shoulders in mock innocence. Wood makes a play to climb from the ring in order to confront his long time nemesis but the referee blocks his path...

JT: The referee doing Wood a big favour here....if Wood gets into it with Costello here then his world title aspirations go up in smoke...

HE: Costello shouldn't even be here...why is he here?

JR: Could just be scouting potential opposition....

More cheers ring around as Cerberus sits up in the centre of the ring, behind Wood's back. Wood spits in Costello's direction but honours the referee's call to remain in the ring, turning back on his opponent....

JT: Like he saw a ghost....

Wood teeters back as Cerberus glares at him. The monster gets back up to his feet but Wood rushes in and grabs him....

HE: MANSON....

Cerberus backs up and then nails a backdrop that sends Wood flying over the top rope to the hard flooring below. Costello is grinning as Cerberus climbs from the ring and he grabs Wood by the wrist and whips him forward......BOOM!

JT: That is serious impact.....Wood could be done for...

JR: That violent, sadistic side of Cerberus coming out now....

Cerberus then moves around to the announce desk and he rips off the covers before beckoning Wood up. He grips him by the throat....

JT: Looks like our Spanish colleagues' table is in for it now....

JR: I love being up here nowadays....

*Crowd pop

Cerberus lifts Wood high up into the air and then smashes him through the desk with a sickening chokeslam. The monster just stands over his victim with expressionless eyes as a "Holy (beep)" chant rings all around...

JR: Liam Wood just got victimised by Cerberus....

JT: And Vincent Costello is loving it....

HE: He's the reason this is happening...

Costello is all smiles on the walkway as he watches the action unfold. Cerberus then reaches down and he drags Wood's lifeless body up before dragging him to the ring, throwing him under the bottom rope....

JT: Wood is there for the taking now....this one is a formality....

Ding ding ding....

JR: What?!?

HE: YES!

Cerberus is just about to climb back in himself when the referee reaches his ten count and calls for the bell to end the contest. Cerberus' eyes lock on the official as "Revival Mode" screams from the speakers....

JT: Talk about a slice of luck....Liam Wood has somehow won this match via countout despite knowing absolutely nothing about it...

JR: He's out cold....he doesn't even know what day of the week it is...

HE: That doesn't even matter....I told you Liam Wood would win this match....despite having to battle against the odds, overcoming such adversity....Vincent Costello not looking so proud anymore...

Costello raises his eyebrows in mild shock at what has transpired but then he smirks and backs up the walkway as Cerberus climbs up into the ring. Liam Wood is on the deck, his eyes glazed over, but manages to raise his arm in the air as he realises he has won the match...

HE: Wood has put himself back in the frame now...you cannot ever count out a real champion....

JT: I'm not sure Cerberus feels the same way...

The referee tries to intervene but Cerberus shoves him aside and then drags the barely functioning Wood back up to a vertical base. The crowd are back cheering as they realise what is coming....

JR: THE DEATH BELL TOLLS!

HE: Disgusting.....Liam Wood has won this match and he shouldn't be subjected to this....Cerberus is a sore loser....

JT: Cerberus made a gross miscalculation here and it has cost him a certain victory....he's still in a decent position as far as the group goes but Liam Wood has dragged himself back into contention....

JR: But what has this beating taken out of him? He's going to need all ten days to recover before such a crucial match against Karl Kramer....

Cerberus crushes Wood into the canvass with his finisher and then he climbs up to his feet and exits the ring as the fans chant his name and cheer him on. Wood is completely out of it as Cerberus disappears from view.

JT: One heck of a way to start this night but there is so much more to come here at the Proving Grounds folks....who will take one step closer to the 6CW World Championship? Stay tuned to find out....

(New standings: Cerberus - +3 points
Liam Wood - +1 point)

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:20 am

(The scene opens up backstage with Dante Phoenix standing by with Fleur Michaels. Phoenix is dressed in a white hooded top and black joggers whilst Michaels looks spectacular in a tight fitting blue dress)

Michaels: My guest at this time is the "Divine" Dante Phoenix...

(The crowd give a cheer as Phoenix steps forward to begin the interview. He gives Fleur a smile but it is quite clear he has a lot on his mind. Phoenix is running his hand across his throat, his eyes checking all angles constantly)

Michaels: Dante....I guess first thing is first and that is what took place last week at Proving Grounds. Your first ever match here in 6CW and you were, for want of a better word, brutalised by the returning Engel Harlequin. How do you react to what happened?

Phoenix: What do you say? Where do you begin? I've been all around the world, Fleur, and I have fought a number of formidable opponents in my time but nothing and nobody can prepare you for the moment you find yourself confronted by Engel Harlequin...

Watching him on TV, following his career, does not do justice to what it is truly like to have a psychotic, blood-thirsty animal attacking you with the most heinous of intent...

Last week I was psyched to begin the newest chapter of my career but instead I got my a55 handed to me....I was left in a battered heap, suffered serious internal injuries....and now I must bare the psychological scars as well as the physical trauma...

Michaels: I did notice that you seem a little on edge...

Dante: You find yourself wondering if there's another attack waiting around the corner....in the parking lot, at your own house....because nobody has ever worked out what motivates Harlequin, what his true intentions are....am I his target or am I merely a victim of his newest scheme? Was the attack last week based upon us being aligned in the same group or will he seek me out again and again until he breaks me for good...

Michaels: And how do you believe you can combat that?

Dante: Well I won't quit, I don't believe in quitting, and I won't run or hide.....I will confront my demons as I always have and I will rise to meet them head on.....I know one day mine and Engel's paths will cross again and I won't be the one running in the opposite direction.....the next time we clash he'll find out that I can fight with the best of them....no matter how many times you knock me down I promise I will get back up, I'll keep moving forward and I will find a way to overcome...

Michaels: Speaking of moving forward....it has been confirmed by Cillian Frost and new 6CW General Manager, Miss Jessica that your contest with Harlequin has been declared a no contest....that means you remain on zero points in Group A.....that also means that you remain in contention to qualify for the latter stages of the Iron Man Tournament so long as you gain the necessary results in your upcoming matches....which brings us on to your next opponent, O'Callaghan. He did of course win his first match via submission over Angelo Trust....what are your thoughts on this upcoming contest?

Dante: It's going to be tough....at least this time I know who I'll be fighting ahead of time but all the preparation in the world will only get you so far. O'Callaghan is a highly skilled technician and he has proven time and again here in 6CW what he is capable of....he has a very impressive resume and he has some monumental victories over legends in the game....but I believe in my own skillset, I believe in my own capabilities and I do believe I will be victorious in this match...

O'Callaghan has the momentum, he's top of the group, and he will have his own aspirations of becoming 6CW Champion....but I've said before that I didn't come here to just make up the numbers....I know a win in this match puts me within touching distance of the quarter finals....and I know it'll also help to eradicate the horrors of what happened to me last time out.....this is somewhat of a watershed moment for me in my career and when the bell sounds at the end of this bout I am extremely confident that people will be sitting up and taking notice of Dante Phoenix....they'll see I'm the real deal and my future is paved in gold...

Michaels: And how about Angelo Trust? Another newcomer to 6CW....he will be your final group bout...

Dante: One step at a time, Fleur....I take each bout as they come and I overlook no opponent.....mine and Trust's time is coming but until then I'll be eating, sleeping and breathing O'Callaghan....he's my focus, he's my only target....

Michaels: And how exactly do you plan on overcoming him?

Dante: I won't be giving too much away on that but as I say I'm confident I have what it takes....my style is unique and I'm looking forward to finally being able to show the 6CW Universe what I am all about....I didn't get the opportunity last week so I think it's time we got this party started...

Michaels: Dante, thank you for your time, and good luck in our upcoming contest!

(There is a loud crash from somewhere in the vicinity and Phoenix leaps around with wide eyes but the cameras pan to show that a member of the production crew has dropped some equipment. Phoenix looks almost embarrassed by his reaction but he regains his composure and smiles before nodding at Fleur Michaels and walking out of shot)

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:29 am

(The scene changes and O'Callaghan is shown walking through the backstage area on his way to the ring. Christy James stops him)

CJ: I know you are literally moments away from a match, OC, but any chance we can talk?

OC: Things not going well with Gazzy? Looking for a new lover, Christy? I'm afraid no sex before a big match...but I can fit you in after....

(O'Callaghan laughs to himself but Christy looks unimpressed)

CJ: I meant about your match....currently you're leading Group A following a submission win over Angelo Trust....should you beat Dante Phoenix tonight you're place in the quarter finals will be almost guaranteed...

OC: Should I beat Dante Phoenix? I think you mean when I beat him.....the same way I'll beat anyone in my way to becoming the 6CW World Champion. I went through all of this last week, Christy, so here is a quick bullet point refresher. I was the fastest rising star in the history of this company, I got lax, I got overconfident and I dropped the ball.....but said ball is back in my hands and nobody is taking it from me. I will outwrestle, outfight, and out tough everyone in this tournament....I will humiliate, embarrass and break my competition.....pinfalls, submissions....I don't care how I have to do it, I'll get it done...

You are looking at the man....soon to be the champ.....the fighting pride of Dublin, Ireland....the best goddamn wrestler on this roster, bar absolutely nobody and I won't be apologising about that....

Last Saturday night in the UFC they had two pretenders fighting for the BMF Title....you know what BMF stands for, Christy?

CJ: I'm aware...

OC: Good....because when I'm through winning this tournament I'll be making sure they give me that belt too....then you'll address me as the champ champ....

Dante Phoenix? He hasn't got a hope in hell....and that's exactly where I'm about to take him!

(O'Callaghan shakes his head at Christy and puts his hood over his head as he walks out of shot)

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:39 am

Bout 2
Dante Phoenix vs O'Callaghan

JT: Welcome back to the 2nd edition of 6CW Proving Grounds, where it is now time for our 2nd contest of the evening.

JR: This one comes from Group A, which consists of O'Callaghan, Angelo Trust, Engel Harlequin and Dante Phoenix.

HL: O'Callaghan started his tournament off with an impressive submission win over Angelo Trust and I'd back him to do the exact same tonight against another rookie.

JT: The "rookie" that my colleague is referring to is Dante Phoenix, and he will be hopeful that things go a bit smoother than last time out.

"Into The Fire" is reverberating around the arena as red flames rise from the stage before dramatically stopping as the stage becomes covered with golden pyro and Dante Phoenix walks out from behind the curtain to a good cheer. He paces down the ramp excitedly.

JR: Phoenix was down to face a mystery opponent in his debut, and it was revealed that person would be Engel Harlequin.

JT: However, Engel blindsided Phoenix and beat him down, with the contest not even officially starting.

HL: Welcome to the big leagues Jeff, this kid learned that the hard way.

"Run This Town" plays as the camera cuts to O'Callaghan walking through the backstage area, with a great swagger to the music making his way out through the curtain. Then O'Callaghan appears, stands at the top of the stage, inhales the air and walks down to the ring, avoiding members of the crowd while holding his arms out, walking with a swagger to the music. Once he reaches the ring apron, he walks to the camera side and surveys the front row, picking out the poorest looking member of the audience, goes to hand them a fifty pound note before tearing it up and laughing.

JT: O'Callaghan had an impressive start against Angelo Trust, putting down a marker as one of the early favourites to win this tournament and become 6CW Champion.

HL: He is perfectly suited to this tournament with the bonuses being awarded for submission victories, he is a master manipulator.

Ding, Ding, Ding!

The bell rings to kick the contest off, Phoenix and O'Callaghan circle the ring before going in for the lock-up. O'Callaghan pushes Phoenix backwards and then down to one knee, he slaps Phoenix across the back of the head and then takes a step back smirking.

Phoenix jolts to his feet and storms at O'Callaghan, swinging wildly. OC ducks underneath and then quickly rolls Phoenix up into a pinning predicament.

Ref: 1....................2........Kick out!

JT: O'Callaghan nearly goaded Phoenix into a quick loss there.

JR: A bit of inexperience and hot headedness getting to Phoenix there.

O'Callaghan locks in an armbar hold on Dante Phoenix, who is quick to fight up to a vertical base. He manages to spin out of the hold only for O'Callaghan to grab him by the waist. O'Callaghan goes for a German suplex but Phoenix manages to flip out and land on his feet behind O'Callaghan. The submission master turns around and Dante Phoenix flattens him with a spinning back elbow. Cover.

Ref: 1....................2..........Kick out!

This time it's O'Callaghan with the kick out. Dante Phoenix allows him to his feet before throwing O'Callaghan into the ropes. He rebounds into the middle of the ring and Phoenix pops O'Callaghan up into the air and on the way back down, greets him with a big European Uppercut. He hooks the leg.

Ref: 1.................2...........Kick out!

Phoenix hits a couple of elbows from the ground before getting to his feet, and then dragging up O'Callaghan too. He hits a couple of European Uppercuts that back O'Callaghan into the corner. Phoenix hits a couple f kicks to the stomach, O'Callaghan slumps down and Dante Phoenix sprints in, crashing into him with a double leaping knee.

JT: Phoenix's offence certainly packs a punch, it's very hard-hitting.

JR: I guess that's the way you get raised to be in the Hart Dungeon, that is not a place for the faint of heart.

Dante Phoenix steps onto the ring apron, O'Callaghan pulls himself up and stumbles out of the corner, Phoenix then takes springs in and takes O'Callaghan down with a buckshot lariat. He covers.

Ref: 1......................2...........Kick out!

O'Callaghan is dragged up by Phoenix, he launches him out across the ring and bench presses OC up into the air. He looks to be setting up for another pop-up move but O'Callaghan manages to victory roll Phoenix into a pin.

HL: There's that incredible technical ability once again.

Ref: 1.....................2.............Kick out!

Both men rise to their feet, Phoenix throws a punch that O'Callaghan ducks underneath. He hits a series of elbows to the back of the head before clasping in a full nelson hold on the Canadian. O'Callaghan then lifts Phoenix into the air and drives him into the canvas with a Full Nelson slam. He hooks the leg.

Ref: 1....................2...........Kick out!

O'Callaghan immediately lays into Dante Phoenix with a series of stomps down into the face. He then allows the newcomer to his feet before throwing him into the ropes. On the rebound, Phoenix is hit with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. O'Callaghan doesn't cover, he instead allows Phoenix to get back to a vertical base before hitting a hard knee to the gut.

Phoenix lurches forward where O'Callaghan cracks another knee in, this time to the face. He then bounces off the ropes, sunset flipping over into a pin.

Ref: 1......................2............Kick out!

Dante Phoenix gets the shoulder up, O'Callaghan lifts him to his feet and then clasps in a sleeper hold. Phoenix desperately tries to wriggle free of the submission hold, all while trying to edge towards the ropes but O'Callaghan has good control on the situation, constantly restraining Phoenix.

JT: He's got this hold locked in tight, looking to wear down Phoenix as this match looks to be going long.

JR: It can't go too long, it's a 15 minute time limit in this tournament.

JT: And we're already at eight and a half minutes.

HL: O'Callaghan can finish this whenever he likes or needs to.

O'Callaghan keeps the hold applied for another 30 seconds or so, further eating into the clock. He then pulls Phoenix down with a backbreaker, O'Callaghan then runs off the ropes and takes him down with a big boot. Cover.

Ref: 1.....................2...........Kick out!

Phoenix again kicks out. O'Callaghan turns him onto his front before hitting a couple of leaping knees to the back. O'Callaghan grabs the arms of Phoenix and then drops backwards, pulling him into a painful surfboard submission hold, really stretching out the Canadian.

JT: Once more, O'Callaghan isn't looking for a submission victory with this one, instead he's trying to set up one of his finishing moves, likely the Sharpshooter.

O'Callaghan eventually releases the hold, he then goes up to the top rope...

HL: Diving elbow drop!

JR: Knees up from Phoenix!

JT: That looked a painful one for O'Callaghan.

Phoenix kips up to his feet to a loud cheer, he then launches O'Callaghan into the ropes and on the rebound, he manages to successfully hit the pop-up powerbomb. Cover.

Ref: 1..........................2..............Kick out!

Phoenix, realising he is on the clock, immediately starts to beat down on O'Callaghan on the canvas, hitting a series of V-Trigger knees to the head and then back of O'Callaghan. Phoenix then climbs up to the top rope, before flying off...

JT: HUGE SPLASH!

Ref: 1..........................2..................Kick out!

Dante Phoenix drags O'Callaghan to his feet, he goes for an Irish whip but the momentum is reversed and Phoenix is sent into the ropes. O'Callaghan follows him up but Phoenix uses the ropes to springboard back and take down O'Callaghan with the disaster kick. He goes for the pin.

Ref: 1..........................2...................Kick out!

O'Callaghan kicks out, Dante Phoenix hauls him up and then connects with a snap suplex. He then lifts up O'Callaghan and hits a scoop slam, Phoenix then steps onto the apron. He waits for OC to rise before springboarding in...

JT: He calls that the Golden Plumage!

JR: This could be a huge moment in his burgeoning career.

Ref: 1...........................2..................Kick out!

Dante Phoenix stands over O'Callaghan waiting for him to rise...

JT: From the ashes!

HL: Ducked it! Big German suplex from O'Callaghan!

Ref: 1........................2.................Kick out!

O'Callaghan goes on the attack, stomping away at the head of Phoenix. He then bounces off the ropes, leaping into the air and connecting with a leaping double foot stomp to the abdomen. O'Callaghan then goes up to the top rope, he dives off...

JR: Frog Splash!

Ref: 1.........................2.............Kick out!

Phoenix kicks out, O'Callaghan locks in an armbar hold. He drags him to his feet and then takes Phoenix down with an arm drag takedown. Phoenix rolls up and O'Callaghan plants him with a big sidewalk slam. Cover.

Ref: 1.......................2...............Kick out!

O'Callaghan drags Phoenix to his feet, he pulls him towards the ropes and rests Phoenix on there before running them. He goes for a 619 but Dante Phoenix manages to dive out of the way. O'Callaghan lands on his feet on the apron, Phoenix grabs him under the right shoulder and flips him over into the ring.

Phoenix then lifts O'Callaghan up...

JT: REGENERATION!

JR: This could be it!

Ref: 1................................2........................Kick out!

JR: He kicks out just in time!

JT: Huge opportunity here for Dante Phoenix though. There's 1 and a half minutes of this match-up left!

Phoenix looks up at the clock on the tron quickly before rolling O'Callaghan onto his front...

JR: And he's going to try finish it with a submission! He calls this The End, and it might well be for O'Callaghan.

Phoenix locks in the D'Acre chokehold firmly, O'Callaghan desperately wriggles and squirms, trying to ensure he can stop the full force being applied. He even tries to use his body to pin Phoenix to the canvas but he pops his shoulders up quickly.
O'Callaghan manages to crack some elbows into the side, he continues to pile away with elbows...

HL: O'Callaghan now fighting to his feet...

JT: 45 seconds left!

O'Callaghan drives his legs backwards and crashes Phoenix into the turnbuckles. O'Callaghan grabs the head of Phoenix and runs out of the corner, hitting a bulldog. He then hits a big running knee to the head.

HL: 30 seconds to go...going for the Sharpshooter...

JR: IT'S LOCKED IN!

JT: CAN PHOENIX SURVIVE?

O'Callaghan wrenches back on the submission hold, he leans further and further back, the pain is etched across the face of Phoenix and the effort being put in on the face of O'Callaghan. He pulls back even further as the clock ticks down.

JR: 10 seconds to go...

Phoenix crawls towards the ropes but O'Callaghan pulls him back towards the middle of the ring, he leans back again...

Ding, Ding, Ding!

JT: PHOENIX SURVIVES!

JR: Incredible effort from this young man to fight against the pain of the Sharpshooter hold to earn his first points of the tournament.

HL: The time just wasn't quite there for O'Callaghan, 10 more seconds and I think that one would have been over.

JT: Perhaps a bit of naivety on behalf of Phoenix trying to finish things with a submission, the technical prowess of O'Callaghan meant he was able to reverse the momentum and almost secure a victory.#

HL: He remains undefeated and undoubtedly one of the favourites for the tournament.

O'Callaghan is shown punching the canvas in frustration before protesting with the referee as Proving Grounds goes to an ad break.

(New points: O'Callaghan - +8 points
Dante Phoenix - +2 points)

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:50 am

(Backstage now and Vincent Costello is shown grabbing some water from the cooler. He takes a long drink, a smile on his face, as Christy James comes up behind him)

CJ: Vincent....

Costello: Oh hey, Christy....

CJ: It seems to everyone that you are looking to revisit an old rivalry between yourself and Liam Wood upon your return here to 6CW. Do you really think that's wise considering you are both in the Iron Man Tournament? Would you not be better focusing on your own path through the tournament?

Costello: I have no idea what you mean, Christy.....

CJ: I mean you being out at ringside during Liam's match with Cerberus...

Costello: Oh that? I was merely scouting the opposition....nothing else to read into it, Christy...

(Christy raises her eyebrows)

Costello: Cerberus and Wood are two top guys, more than likely they'll be in the latter stages of the tournament so I thought I'd take a closer look....it could have been any match in any group....just a coincidence...

CJ: Really? I don't think many people are going to believe that....Wood really...

Costello: You know I really don't give a damn what Wood believes or doesn't believe.....I'm not too fussed on anyone in the tournament in all honesty....this ain't a popularity contest, this is an a55 kicking contest and I'm damn good at that...I'm happy to remind anyone who has a problem with how I conduct myself...

I know exactly what I'm doing...so expect me anytime, anywhere....I might be ringside for the next match or the one after that...I'll interject myself wherever I need to be....and I'm more than happy if anyone wants to step to me and do something about it...this story ends one way.....with the 6CW Championship around my waist.....might not be a fairytale for everyone but it's the kind of book I'd read again and again....

Now if you'll excuse me, Christy....I believe Jimmy Phillips is primed for the beating of a lifetime and I don't want to keep him waiting...

(Costello smiles and finishes his water before walking off leaving Christy with a wry smirk)

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:14 am

(The scene changes and Travis Sharp is shown alone in the backstage area, holding a cue card)

Sharp: My guest at this time...the man so nice they named him twice....really?

(Jackson Jackson swaggers into view, greeted with a mixed reaction from the crowd, and snatches the card from Sharp's hand)

Jackson: If you're not going to do it properly then don't bother, Travis...

(Jackson emphasises the interviewer's name to make it known he thinks it is stupid)

Jackson: That's the kind of attitude that gets people Jacked Off, Travis....do you want that? Want me to Jack you Off on the floor right here...because I'll do it...

Sharp: Lord please don't...

Jackson: I don't like doing it, Travis, but it's kind of my duty.....you were being disrespectful...

Sharp: I apologise....can we please just talk about your match?

(Jackson sighs and motions for him to continue)

Sharp: Thank God.....so last week it was a time limit draw with Vincent Costello, a result you have received a lot of praise for online....tonight it's Ricky Nelson, a newcomer here to 6CW....a win here puts you in a great place to potentially qualify for the quarter finals.....how confident are you that you'll earn that victory here tonight?

Jackson: Tricky Ricky got tapped out by Jimmy Phillips last week and you question my confidence? Phillips is a personality vacuum and his wrestling talent ain't much better than that yet he won so what do you think a bonafide superstar like me is going to do?

I'm heading for the top, Travis....I'll jack off anyone who tries to stop that from happening and tonight I'm going to introduce Ricky Nelson to 6CW by giving him the Jacking of a lifetime...

He can leap off a bunch of stuff, swing like a chimp from the rafters but ultimately it'll be yours truly....the moneymaker….who gets the job done....

Soon the gold will be around my waist and then I'm going to shower the 6CW Universe in my glory....you can be the first to drink it in, Travis...

Travis: I'd rather not...

Jackson: It's gonna happen...

(Jackson smirks at Travis and then pats him on the shoulder as he walks from the scene leaving the interviewer looking traumatised)

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:15 am

Bout 3
Ricky Nelson vs Jackson Jackson

We return to ringside as "Hate me now" blares out to the sell-out crowd and Ricky Nelson comes sprinting out onto the stage. He is greeted by a mixed reaction from the crowd but when he hears the boos he slaps his chest to psyche himself up and then begins to trash talk the fans...

JT: This young Mike Hill trained firecracker had a mixed 6CW debut last week.....on one hand he wowed the audience with his speed, agility and tremendous unorthodox offense....but on the other hand he was on the receiving end of a submission loss to Jimmy Phillips and therefore finds himself with a serious uphill battle to progress to the next stage of this tournament....

JR: Only 21 years old, however, so he'll have learned plenty from that experience....Ricky Nelson showed his capabilities ten nights ago and although he lost I think he's got a big future ahead of him...

HE: Mike Hill trained this kid, he'll be no joke.....Hill hand-picked him as a successor.....now Hill is a three time world champion and he took the wrestling world by storm at a very young age, do not sleep on Nelson....the kid will go far....

Nelson vaults over the top rope and continues to interact, brashly, with the audience as "Take me to the hospital" rips through the speakers and is met by another split from the crowd in attendance. Jackson Jackson swaggers out into view, beckoning the camera forward to "get a good luck at the next 6CW Champion"....

HE: Talking about a young man who is going to go far.....this man right here is the future of 6CW....Jackson Jackson is money, he's a future headliner....a main eventer....

JT: He has the skillset, that cannot be denied.....one half of the greatest tag team in 6CW history....but can Jackson translate that success to the singles' game?

JR: Last week he went to a time limit draw with Vincent Costello......that is very impressive within itself......he pushed Costello all the way, something few can boast....and he is still in with a great chance of qualifying from this group....that would be a great accomplishment....

HE: Jackson isn't here to just qualify from the group....this man is the protegee of Max Adamson, for him it's all or nothing.....he wants the big one around his waist...

Jackson climbs through the ropes and climbs onto the turnbuckle in order to pose in front of the cameras. Jackson looks over his shoulder and tips Nelson a wink before climbing down to receive his final instructions from the official...

JT: In the back you know Vincent Costello and Jimmy Phillips are going to be watching this...

HE: As long as Costello stays back there....he's been involved enough tonight as is...

The referee calls for the bell as Jackson stands in front of Nelson and looks him up and down. Nelson then responds by forearming Jackson in the face...

JR: The youngster showing no fear here...

Nelson follows up with another forearm to the face as Jackson comes forward and then he grabs his arm and attempts an Irish whip....Jackson reverses it fairly comfortably and sends Nelson toward the ropes...

JT: That is tremendous offense...

Nelson hand-springs into the ropes and returns with a discus elbow that takes Jackson off of his feet. JJ gets back up and Nelson takes him down with a deep armdrag before meeting him with a hurricanrana as he stands again...

JT: Straight into a pin...

1....................2................kickout. They get up and Nelson lashes a chop into Jackson's chest and then looks to whip into the corner...

JR: Jackson able to reverse once more....but he's been caught again....

Jackson sprints in after Nelson but the youngster uses the top rope to push himself up and wrap his legs around the oncoming JJ's neck before spinning out into a headscissors takedown. They get up once more and Nelson dropkicks Jackson into the ropes and powerslams him on the comeback....

.......shoulder up!

JT: Really impressive start this from Ricky Nelson....

HE: But it's about the long game....can he maintain this?

Nelson is quick to his feet and climbs out onto the apron. He beckons for Jackson to stand and then springboards back in looking for a flying forearm...

JR: TIGER SUPLEX!
Jackson sidesteps out of range from the forearm and quickly hooks his arms into the tiger suplex pin...............1................2...........kickout. They both get back up and Jackson looks for a wild roundhouse kick but Nelson ducks it and rolls him up...............1................2..............shoulder up. They scramble up again and Nelson misses with a right hand as Jackson pulls him into a backslide............1.................2............kickout. Once again they rise and Nelson ducks under a clothesline attempt before springing onto the ropes....

HE: Jackson scouted him...

Spray flies as Jackson catches Nelson off the ropes with a stiff European uppercut and follows up with a double wrist clutch flipped into a cradle pin...

.....Nelson just pops his shoulder in time!

JT: Close, close call but Jackson is frustrated...Nelson showing that resilience that impressed so much last time out....

Jackson stands and he presses his finger to his lips, silencing the crowd, before grabbing Nelson's hand and delivers a finger snap that causes an audible yelp from the young rookie. Nelson gets back up and Jackson connects with an inverted atomic drop before backing away and giving double middle fingers to his opponent...

HE: Superkick F You....

Nelson throws his hands up to block the superkick to the face but instead Jackson kicks his knee out and then runs the ropes and returns with a brutal flying double kick to the temple...............1.....................2.............thr-shoulder up!

JT: Jackson starting to assert dome dominance now.....he's really putting it on Nelson...

JR: I don't think there is any doubting that Jackson Jackson is a growing into a real star.....last time out he went to a time limit draw with Vincent Costello....you don't get that kind of result by accident...

Nelson is groggy and seeing stars as he tries to rise and Jackson attempts to pull him into a crossface chicken wing....

HE: Jackson looking to score the big points off the submission...

Nelson struggles and then sits down into an inverted jawbreaker counter that sends JJ staggering back into the corner. Nelson rushes in and nails a step up enzeguiri to the temple before he beckons Jackson out and then springboards onto the ropes....

JT: Tornado DDT....Ricky Nelson for the shock...

.......kickout. Nelson kneels for a moment and breathes out before getting back to his feet and runs the ropes once more...

JR: Nelson has to keep going....LIONSAULT!

Jackson rolls out of the impact zone but Nelson shows great athleticism to land out on his feet. JJ is back up as Nelson sprints at him...

HE: No way...

Jackson uses Nelson's momentum to push him upward and over his head but Nelson shows amazing balance to land on the ropes. Nelson leaps onto the top rope and then twists back with an improvised dropkick as Jackson turns around. Jackson tries to get up as Nelson seizes him and connects with a legsweep DDT....

JT: Brilliant once again by this young kid...

1................2..........shoulder up. Nelson rubs his head in frustration but then gets back up and he motions for Jackson to rise...

JR: Nelson's attitude may rub people up the wrong way but there's no denying what this kid is capable of....so entertaining...

JT: And he might be on the cusp of a huge victory....RAPID FIRE!

Nelson attempts the "crossrhodes" but Jackson drives his knee up over his head and connects with Nelson's face, breaking his grip. Jackson then grabs Nelson and nails a "sliced bread #2" shiranui....

HE: Forget about it...

.............kickout!

JT: Mike Hill trained this kid to have real guts....he's no quitter....

HE: He quit last week....

JR: He tapped out after withstanding serious punishment....no shame in that.....but his resilience is to be commended...

Jackson complains to the referee about the speed of his count but is told to concentrate on the bout. He gets back to his feet and beckons for Nelson to stand...

HE: Ricky Nelson is about to get Jacked Off...

JT: God I hope not...

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:17 am

Jackson looks to set up for the "pumphandle flatliner" but Nelson lands out on his feet and elbows his opponent away. Jackson comes forward again but this time Nelson hits him with a spinning heel kick that takes him off of his feet. He rolls to the corner and leaps up top...

JR: Dropped the elbow.....can he do it?

Nelson leaps into an elbow drop and quickly scrambles for the cover............1....................2.........kickout. Nelson doesn't even stop to complain as he rushes to the ropes again....

JT: He knows he has Jackson hurt here....he knows what a moment this could be for his career....

JR: And a victory that would put him right back in the running for qualification.....NEW NEXT BIG MOVE!

The corkscrew senton finds nothing but knees as Jackson drives them up to prevent the aerial assault. The referee begins to count both men down...

HE: This pace has depleted the reserves of both men....

JT: It has been tremendous to watch....but that was a big risk from Nelson there and it did not pay off....

JR: Yet Jackson Jackson isn't able to take advantage because he's hurting too...

JT: Nelson first to rise....

The rookie rolls out under the bottom rope and pulls himself up on the apron. He seems to be eyeing up his opportunity and then he springboards in...

HE: BEST DAMN COUNTER I EVER SAW!

Crowd: Holy (beep) x10

Nelson flies through the air for the phenomenal forearm but Jackson leaps up and catches him with a "Spanish Fly" flip in midair. The crowd are rocking from the incredible show of athleticism and Jackson mockingly bows at them as he gets up and then grabs Nelson...

HE: Nelson just got Jacked Off all over the canvass!

JT: Someone is gonna need to clean that up...

The flatliner connects and Jackson hooks both legs with a confident expression on his face...................1.......................2....................3!

JR: You know Ricky Nelson impressed the hell out of me again here tonight but one risk too many....one miscalculation and he finds himself on the wrong end of the result....Jackson Jackson just put himself on the map....

HE: One of the best counters I have seen in all my years in this business.....we are seeing a flourishing star being born right in front of us....Nelson did well for a kid but in the end the class told out....

Jackson pats Nelson on the chest in a respectful yet cocky manner before climbing to his feet and celebrating his victory. There is a mixed reaction from the crowd as Jackson motions a belt around his waist...

JT: Jackson Jackson has his eyes firmly set on the big one....and with that victory he is one step closer to realising a dream.....are we looking at the 6CW Champion?

JR: Could be.....he withstood a real barrage from a young upstart but he rode it out and came away victorious....real sign of a class act....

HE: Max Adamson will be proud of his protegee tonight...

Jackson winks at the cameras and continues to grin before exiting the ring as Ricky Nelson starts to stir. The youngster looks incredibly disappointed by what has just transpired.

JT: Nelson should hold his head high after this......sure he lost for a second time but he produced two sensational performances for a rookie....I still believe the future is bright for him...

(New points: Jackson Jackson - +6 points
Ricky Nelson - -6 points)

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:32 am

(Backstage and Miss Jessica is sat at her brand new desk admiring her nails. She blows on them when a knock comes at the door)

Jessica: Come in...

(The crowd boo as Marty Helms enters the room)

Jessica: Hey, Marty...what can I do for you?

Helms: Well I'm hoping as the new General Manager of 6CW you're about to start your tenure correctly and install me as the rightful 6CW Champion....

(Jessica looks up from her nails and smiles)

Jessica: And what's in it for me?

Helms: A dominant champion for your brand....a real man leading this company into the future...and I won't break everything in this office....and I mean everything...

(Jessica flutters her eyelashes)

Jessica: Don't tease me...

(Helms' nostrils flare)

Helms: Just make the order...

Jessica: You didn't say the magic word...

Helms: Now!

(Jessica lets out a shrill laugh)

Jessica: I like you, Marty....you're like a big cuddly ogre...

(Helms looks ready to blow a gasket)

Jessica: And I really am looking forward to working together.....very closely...

(She tips him a wink but he seems unimpressed)

Helms: Listen up, little girl, I'm not Cassius Zhi….I'm not Lex Hart or that loser who you let impregnate you.....I'm the baddest, meanest son of a b1tch you ever had the misfortune of meeting....now I tried to be nice but I'm done playing around.....give me what is mine or I'll take it....and be damned anyone who tries to stop me...

(Jessica puts her feet on the desk, she opens her legs and then crosses them seductively with a smile)

Jessica: Now I think it's time you listened up, Marty....because bad and mean don't scare little old me....I know I look fragile but I assure you sweetheart that I am anything but....if you want to turn me on then you're going the right way about it...but scare me? Honey please....I've controlled bigger and badder….I know you don't think it but I promise you that the stories about me don't even scratch the surface...

So you want the 6CW Championship? Then go ahead and take it....but in order to take it you'll have to win this tournament just like everybody else.....the more blood and guts you spill the better...

This is my show and everything is going to run my way, like it or lump it....you can be an integral part of 6CW but the next time you storm in here and start threatening me, I will personally see to it that your life is flipped upside down....and I don't mean in a Fresh Prince kind of way....

I see you have a match coming up next so I'd advise you scoot along and show me the goods because I don't put out on the first date....and you didn't even bring me flowers anyway....I thought you said you were a "real man"....

(Helms opens his mouth to retort but Jessica silences him)

Jessica: I'm like so totally getting a migraine from all your noise....bring me results, Marty and we'll talk....until then I don't want so much as a d1ck pic from you...

(Helms snarls at Jessica and then walks from the office, slamming the door after him. Jessica leans back in her chair with a smile)

Jessica: I'd do him...

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:34 am

The scene opens to a refurbished and redecorated 6CW superstore in the heart of Glasgow, Scotland. The artificial lighting bathes the store in a warm glow as they hum in the background. The camera pans around the store before stopping in its track as the imposing figure of the vegan warrior, Damion Onyx comes into shot. Onyx is wearing a pink ethical friendly vegan t-shirt with “bee kind” sowed into the material. He is also wearing Eco friendly green shorts with a pair of recycled sliders with white environmentally friendly shocks. Onyx stares into the camera, a Machiavellian glint in his blue eyes as he smiles broadly into the camera. Onyx pauses for a moment before speaking obnoxiously and forcefully down the camera. *

DO: Hey 6CW world! It’s 6CW greatest new superstar, Damion Onyx here and do you know what? I’m so happy to be in the new 6CW superstore! Look everything looks so fresh and tidy, all your favourite superstars’ merchandise for sale starting at the low, low price of Nine pounds and ninety-nine pennies. That’s how you Brits say it right? And do you know what? When I said I’m happy to be here… that was a lie. Just take a look around you. Go on, Camera man, do your job!

*The camera spins around the store with fans milling around looking at their favourite superstars merchandise including Uryu Ishida, Liam Wood, Karl Kramer, Scott Harris, Cerberus and Marty Helms. The camera pans back to Onyx who’s looking slightly incensed at the consumerism going on the store.*

DO: This, this is the very thing I loathe about the direction of this company and the world is going. These people have plenty of clothes that they could wear… I wouldn’t judge them on what they wear. Sure, it’s not environmentally friendly like my clothing but I could forgive that. What I cannot forgive is the sheer negligence and incompetence. Like look at all this merchandise… wrapped in plastic. Plastic which cannot be recycled and will end up asphyxiating poor defenseless animals. You all should be ashamed.

DO: This company is meant to be enticing people to visit a 6CW event, promoting a bright message of Eco friendly positivism. But no, the way this company has gone, they have chosen the sell out option. Money. It all boils down to money and you are all their cash cows. You swarm places like these and line the pockets of men and women who don’t give any thought about the environment and the world they’ll leave for your kids and your kids children. It’s in short DESPICABLE. I feel ashamed to be apart of a company so devoid of compassion towards the environment and a sustainable future.

DO: And you people make it even worse… I mean look at this Marty Helms shirt. Just look at it!

*Onyx furiously snatches a Marty helms fan shirt off a hanger, hanging just behind him and raises it to the camera.*

DO: I’m sure you people will have no problem fitting into a, oh let’s see, a triple XL Marty helms shirt? That’s been made in a sweatshop from the other side of the world. You people aren’t just ignorant but obese. Your slovenly lifestyles which include eating defenseless animals have caused this backwards company to make shirts which could be used as tepees. But it’s not just your fault it’s the concessions stands packed full of processed garbage which contribute. E-numbers, MSG values, garbage, garbage, and more garbage!

*Onyx flings the Marty Helms shirt to one side before storming to a rail with jackets made entirely of leather, with superstars past and present of 6CW history stitched onto them.*

DO: And what’s this? This is Leather. Leather made from calves that are snatched away from their mothers and slaughtered so you can eat them and wear them. Despicable! And for what? A cold night? No, it’s to show off your favourite heroes like some sort of crazed cult. Don’t you care about your futures? I mean I do. Even if the United Kingdom is filled with unattractive, lazy and obese people, because that’s the kind of man I am.

*Onyx once again stares directly into the camera, his eyes filled with rage and his voice hostile*

DO: Last week, I crushed one of 6CW’s most valuable assets in James McManus. This week I’m going to recycle Marty Helms. Marty Helms is one 6CW’s most prized assets, as you can probably tell by all this garbage merchandise surrounding me. Sure, Marty Helms has earned that right to be a prized asset in this capitalist driven company, oh yeah I’ve seen his history and his matches. One of wrestling’s finest… but they said that about McManus and look what happened to him.

DO:I have to beat Marty Helms this week.. this planet needs a champion who will protect it. This planet needs a champion who will spread the message of an eco-friendly agenda and a sustainable future. Marty Helms doesn’t care about the environment or you people… he just wants the money you pour into this company from his merchandise and it makes me sick. He doesn’t care about any of you, but for that matter, none of the others do… however, I do. I’m the one fighting for you, the vegan warrior, Damion Onyx. Oh and
what’s this?

*Onyx goes bright red like a gammon with rage as he walks over to another aisle where an Onyx merchandise shirt is hanging, unsurprisingly very little has been sold. The shirts have a large green recycling logo on them with the words “The Vegan warrior” in bold black letters underneath them. Onyx turns to the camera once more*

DO: And finally, if I see ANY of you wearing this garbage then I’m going to slap your greasy face. You’re committing murder against the environment if you wear any of this garbage. I have told this company what my issues are, and they don’t listen… they only care about money. If Helms has any decency, he will let me win next week. This company needs a champion as a pioneer and a protector of the planet. And more importantly, you people need me as champion to show you the power of veganism. See you soon, Marty…

*Onyx smirks smugly at the camera before eyeballing fans milling around the store before storming off from the scene. The camera fades away looking at the neon glowing red 6CW logo hanging over the checkout area. *

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:35 am

Bout 4
Damion Onyx vs Marty Helms

We go ringside and "True Friends" beams out to a crescendo of boos from the crowd in attendance. Damion Onyx walks out onto the stage, laughing off the boos, and then raises his arms up into the air as though he is being cheered to the rafters...

JT: Damion Onyx certainly started life in 6CW in very impressive fashion last week.....scoring a big pinfall victory over a seasoned vet like James McManus....this crowd may not respond well to his attitude but you can't help but admire his performance...

HE: These people don't like Onyx because he is everything they are not.....successful, good looking, healthy....

JR: Also arrogant, self-centred and completely egotistical...

HE: Why because he's vegan? He's an eco-warrior and a real role model....these people could learn a lot from a real life hero like Damion Onyx....at least he cares about this planet....

JT: I don't mind anyone living their life as they choose but do not preach to others about how they live theirs....Onyx looks a real prospect but if he is to be successful here in 6CW something tells me he'll have to do it alone because he won't be making friends...

HE: Like he needs them.....Onyx is flying high in this group.....he has every chance of getting through to the quarter finals...

JR: Are you really going to side with him over Marty Helms? I thought Helms was your pick...

HE: No, Helms is still my guy....Onyx is good but his time will have to wait....

JT: OH CMON!

Onyx is halfway across the walkway when he is clattered from behind by the onrushing Marty Helms. Helms clubs his opponent to the ground and then he stomps on him repeatedly as the boos fill the air...

JT: Why am I not surprised by this dastardly attack by Marty Helms?

HE: Helms is destined to get back on top.....he'll do whatever it takes....that is what makes him a winner....

JR: Did the same against Uryu last week.....Helms is a brutal dominator, he hardly needs to resort to these kinds of tactics....

HE: Marty Helms is the rightful 6CW Champion and anyone who stands in his way of getting his belt back is going to receive the same punishment....nobody is immune...I like this Onyx kid but he's an obstacle that must be removed...

JT: OH MY GOD!

The crowd groan as Marty Helms flips Onyx onto his shoulders and then launches him from the walkway over the top rope and into the ring with a devastating release powerbomb. Onyx lands hard on the side of his shoulder and neck, folding up in a heap upon impact...

JR: That could have caused a very serious injury to Damion Onyx right there....Helms showing no compassion whatsoever...

HE: Because he's a winner....why can't you respect that?

Helms smirks at his handiwork and then climbs into the ring. The referee is down by Onyx' side, checking on his condition, as Helms closes in....

JT: This match hasn't even officially begun yet.....the referee would be well within his rights to wave this off...

HE: No way...

JR: A no contest or even a DQ loss would be all Helms deserves...

The referee yells at Helms to back off until he has deemed Onyx is ok to continue. Helms is chomping at the bit as the official returns to Onyx' side...

JT: Onyx may not be able to continue....that was such a bad landing...

HE: He's breathing....I don't see the problem....

Onyx gives the referee an indication that he can compete and although the official appears reluctant he does signal for the bell to start the match. Onyx is trying to get to his feet when Helms rushes across and drills him with a ring shaking sit down powerbomb....

HE: Ring the bell...

.......3!

JT: I tell you, this Onyx is one tough kid...

Helms rages at the referee as the signal is given that is was only a two count. Helms gets back up and he shakes his head at Onyx before backing into the corner, sizing up his prey...

JR: Damion Onyx never even had the opportunity to get up and running here...

HE: And now Marty Helms is going to kick his head right off...

JT: SPINEBUSTER!

Helms rushes out of the corner for the punt but is lifted up and slammed into the deck by a desperation spinebuster from Damion Onyx. Onyx immediately rolls away and clutches his neck...

JR: That was pure instinct from Onyx....but it has bought him a little time...

JT: He needs this time to try and recover....

Onyx is tensing and untensing his arm as he tries to get the feeling back in his shoulder and neck before slowly pulling himself up to a vertical base. He then stumbles over and waits for Helms to stand before lifting him into a bearhug....

JT: Onyx is a gym fanatic with serious strength....he's going to attempt to squeeze the life out of Helms here...

HE: But he's still feeling the effects of that fall and I'm not sure he has all movement back...

Onyx keeps shifting his arms and trying to get a lock on the submission but Helms is able to push his hands into the eyes of Onyx, eventually breaking his grip, and then drives forward with a headbutt to the bridge of the nose. Onyx clutches his nose, blinking back the pain, and then attempts to throw a right hand in response...

JR: Caught it....crossface!

Helms takes Onyx down to the canvass and tries to lock him in place for the submission. Onyx desperately fights for freedom and tries to drag himself free...

JT: The neck and shoulder are already damaged....Onyx does not went to get caught down in this hold...

Onyx twists his body and then uses his free hand to drive his thumb into Helms' eye, forcing him to relinquish. Both men slowly get back up to their feet and Onyx nails a back suplex.............1........................2................kickout. Helms immediately grabs out toward the ropes to help himself up but Onyx seizes on his arm....

JR: Kimura...

Onyx tries to roll over and drag Helms into the full extension of the submission but Helms pops through on his hips at the same time and manages to roll himself right out of his opponent's clutches. Both men get to their feet and Onyx grabs Helms by the throat....

JT: CHOKE...

Helms lands solid blows to the injured shoulder of Onyx, breaking his grip, and then runs off the ropes and returns with a big boot right to the face..................1.....................2................kickout. Helms punches his fist into the canvass and then holds up three fingers to the referee....

JR: Helms can't believe this one isn't over....he believed his impromptu attack would make light work of Damion Onyx....

JT: I have a feeling that Damion Onyx won't be light work for anyone here in 6CW....

Helms gets to his feet and he shrugs off the "a55hole" chants from the referee before ripping the padding off his elbow. He then seizes Damion Onyx by the wrist and drags him up....

HE: LIGHTS OUT!

Helms aims the "Bullhammer" elbow straight at Onyx' face but he ducks last minute and counters with a snap neckbreaker. They get up again and this time Onyx scores with the chokeslam straight into a backbreaker...

JT: He felt that one in his shoulder though....

Onyx lets out an audible yell and clutches his shoulder after impact before slowly crawling back over to make a cover.................1............................2...................kickout!

JR: Would be a huge moment for Damion Onyx to score a win over the last 6CW Champion....

Helms rolls out under the bottom rope to try and regain himself but Onyx is quickly over and drags him back up on the apron. He hoists Helms up through the middle rope...

JT: We saw this last week....EXTINCTION!

Onyx attempts the spiked DDT off the ropes but Helms steps off onto the canvass and then drops back so that Onyx' throat catches across the ropes. Onyx is down in a heap as Helms heads to the ropes and climbs up....

JR: Marty Helms not usually one to take these kinds of risks....

JT: When the prize at the end is the 6CW Championship you tend to do things you wouldn't usually....

The huge frame of Helms goes airborne for flying headbutt but Onyx rolls out of impact at the last second, causing Helms to land hard. Onyx quickly scurries over and rolls into a cradle..............1....................2..........kickout.

JT: Onyx still got the arm....KIMURA!

Helms is yelling in pain as Onyx tries to rip back on the arm and do as much damage as possible. The former world champion is in a world of agony as Onyx applies full pressure...

JR: That arm will snap....Helms may just have to tap out...

JT: We are on the brink of a major upset.....despite the blindside attack to start this match; Damion Onyx could be about to walk away victorious...

Helms' body is quivering from the pain and his cries of anguish fill the air but he will not give in. Onyx is sat on his shoulder and trying to dislodge the arm from its joint, his face a picture of extreme effort, but despite it all Helms somehow is trying to push onto his feet....

JT: No way can Helms just stand up out of this...

JR: He is so strong....this is amazing...

HE: Nothing is stopping Marty Helms from getting that 6CW Championship....

Helms is up on one knee and then he powers up and forces Onyx to break the hold, staggering away as he does so. Helms tries desperately to get the feeling back in his arm as Onyx rushes him again....

HE: LIGHTS OUT.....HE GOT HIM!

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:37 am

Instinctively, Helms swings his injured arm out and clatters Onyx in the face with his elbow. The impact sends Onyx flying back and through the ropes to the outside, whilst Helms collapses in pain...

JT: Marty Helms' arm may be broken.....he cannot capitalise on hitting the "Lights Out" elbow...

JR: But Onyx is out of it anyway....Helms records a countout win if Onyx can't get back up...

HE: A win is a win....Helms has ten days to recoup....

JT: Ten days isn't enough if the damage to that arm is as serious as it looks...

Helms is knelt in the corner, his pain clearly etched all over his face, whilst the referee administers a count to the unconscious Damion Onyx on the outside of the ring...

JT: Count is at seven now....Onyx hasn't moved....

HE: He's out....

Ten! The referee reaches the ten but there is impressed applause around ringside as Damion Onyx hauls himself under the bottom rope in the nick of time. He is extremely groggy as Marty Helms stumbles over and grabs him by the head...

JT: Helms wants the powerbomb....but the arm gave way....

Helms tries to lift Onyx but a shooting pain in his shoulder forces him to release and back away. Onyx is still in a bad way himself but he manages to get back to his feet and dropkicks Helms in the back, sending him into the turnbuckle, before rolling him up....

1...................2...............kickout. They both get up and Helms aims a wild swing at Onyx but its ducked and countered with a huge atomic drop. Helms staggers into the corner and Onyx crashes into him with a diving splash before lifting him up on the turnbuckle....

JR: EXTINCTION....HE GOT HIM....I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

Onyx crushes Helms' skull into the canvass with the hangman's DDT from the ropes...
................3!

JT: Damion Onyx...

HE: Check the ropes!

The referee's hand just about brushes the canvass for the three when he finally realises the boot of Marty Helms is rested across the bottom rope. Damion Onyx clutches his head in disbelief at the revelation...

JR: That's fatigue....fatigue and the effort's of this match have just cost Damion Onyx the ultimate victory....he has Helms beat here...

JT: Just drag him away from the ropes, Damion....he's still out....

Onyx staggers up and he rubs his own shoulder and neck for a second, still feeling the effects of the early attack, and then he grabs Marty Helms' arm and drags him toward the centre....

HE: PLAYING POSSUM.....CROSSFACE!

Helms suddenly rolls to life and he uses his own strength to tug Onyx down to the canvass and locks him into the crossface submission in double quick time. Onyx is yelling out in pain as Helms rips back on his head, tearing at the injured areas...

JT: Damion Onyx escaped once but Marty Helms is a man possessed....he knows the damage he has caused to the neck and shoulder of his foe...

HE: And despite the pain in his own shoulder, Marty Helms is fighting through....this is what a winner looks like....

JR: Onyx in big trouble here.....

Onyx tries to use his excellent core strength to drag himself across the canvass to the safety of the ropes. He is desperately reaching out and trying to clutch what he can but Helms is relentless in his attack....

JT: Helms picks up a submission win here and he all but guarantees his route to the quarter finals....

HE: He's going all the way...

JR: YOU SURE!

Onyx pushes up on his free hand and then uses the angle and momentum to roll on his side, dragging Helms with him and seemingly freeing himself from the hold. But Helms is like a crocodile with his prey and he rolls right through and comes out the other side with the submission intact...

JT: What a brave, brave effort from Damion Onyx there but Marty Helms will not be denied....

Ding ding ding

HE: Heading to the quarter finals...

Onyx hand finally taps to the canvass as the pain becomes too much to bare but the bell has already sounded, leaving an initial air of confusion....

JR: Oh my....Marty Helms is going to flip a gasket....

JT: Did time run out?

HE: You have got to be kidding me...

JT: Ladies and gentlemen it would appear here that Damion Onyx' tap has come after the fifteen minute time limit elapsed....

HE: But he gave up....

JR: Not in the allotted time he never...

Marty Helms is celebrating what he believes is a victory when the referee pulls his arms down and tries to explain what has happened. Helms' eyes bulge as he processes the information....

JR: Marty Helms does not deal with bad news too well....

JT: WHAT A SON OF (BEEP)!

The crowd boo furiously as Helms suddenly delivers a sickening brogue kick straight to the referee's face, leaving him completely motionless on the deck. Damion Onyx is still in a heap, clutching his shoulder, as Helms grabs him and begins to yank him up...

JT: Enough is enough here....you didn't get the win, Marty, deal with it.....you already injured the kid with the attack before the damn match....someone stop this...

HE: Marty Helms cannot be stopped....you need to start realising that...

*Crowd pop

JR: That's one way to do it!

Damion Onyx looks ready to fall victim to another attack when he drives his arm forward between the legs of Marty Helms, doubling him up in agony. Onyx quickly rolls from the ring afterward and staggers across the walkway, holding his arm to his chest...

JT: Damion Onyx may not be the most endearing individual but good on the kid for sticking up for himself there....he performed like a Trojan in there tonight against one of the world's best....he can be damn proud....time limit draw to his name and he's looking good for the quarter finals...

JR: He's going to need all the time he can get to rest that shoulder and neck up but he showed he has a bright future here....he went to a draw with Marty Helms and at the end of it all he's the only one standing...nothing to say, Henry?

HE: ...

Onyx stands on the stage, wincing in pain, and he stares back at the ring where Marty Helms is on his knees and glaring with intense dislike. Helms' face is reddened and he clutches his groin as the action goes backstage once again.

(New points: Damion Onyx - +6 points
Marty Helms - +6 points)

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:50 am

(Johnny Lawless is standing in the backstage area watching the action unfold on the monitors. Travis Sharp then walks into the shot in the hopes of an interview)

Sharp: Mr Lawless....

Lawless: Ah, Travis....what do I owe the pleasure?

Sharp: I was just hoping to catch a word with you about Engel Harlequin....he isn't around is he?

(Lawless laughs)

Lawless: Do not fear, Travis....Engel is preparing for his upcoming match with the largely overmatched and quite frankly lamb to the slaughter that is Angelo Trust....

Sharp: Good....that's good...

Lawless: But before we begin, Travis, do you know if Miss Jessica or Cillian Frost have overturned last week's result?

Sharp: I haven't heard anything....but why would they?

Lawless: Allow me to explain, Travis....Dante Phoenix was rendered incapable to compete last week, Engel Harlequin was good to go....Dante Phoenix did not fulfil his contractual obligation to fight, Engel Harlequin was ready to fight....how can a match be declared a no contest when one man is fit to fight and the other is a battered heap?

Sharp: With all due respect, Mr Lawless, Dante Phoenix couldn't compete because of what Engel did to him...

Lawless: Exactly....there are no rules against that, Engel seized the initiative....he took control of the situation and yet he is punished? He rendered Dante Phoenix incapable and immobile....Engel Harlequin deserved maximum points for that and I am still waiting to hear back on my official complaint...

Sharp: Miss Jessica hasn't answered it...

Lawless: She was busy having her nails done....

(Lawless looks angry at the situation)

Sharp: And what about tonight's match with Angelo Trust.....once again Engel has already physically assaulted his opponent ahead of a match....do you condone those actions?

Lawless: I not only condone them but I welcome them....for too long Engel Harlequin has lacked direction and purpose but I am changing all of that....Engel Harlequin is the most dangerous man in the history of this company but he is unrefined, uncouth and lacking in discipline...I am altering the way he thinks, the way he adapts.....he is now and seek and destroy machine and God have mercy on the souls of anyone who stands between him and the 6CW Championship...

Angelo Trust got a taste of what is coming to him and I wouldn't blame the young man if he gave tonight a miss...

(The crowd suddenly cheer as Trust walks into the shot)

Trust: Sorry to disappoint you, Lawless, but I'm here and I'm here to win....I may be young, naïve and a little green around the gills but tonight I'm going out there to prove a point...

Lawless: And the point is?

Trust: Don't underestimate the little guy...

(Lawless laughs as Trust barges past him and heads for the ringside area)

Lawless: Someone call the ambulance....

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:00 am

Bout 5
Angelo Trust vs Engel Harlequin

JT: It's time for the 2nd match from Group A now here on 6CW Proving Grounds!

JR: Earlier tonight we saw O'Callaghan and Dante Phoenix go to a time limit draw, up next we see another newcomer in Angelo Trust in action.

HL: He squares off against a man who made a shocking, and impactful, appearance last time out-Engel Harlequin!

JT: Engel certainly sent a statement last time out, he absolutely obliterated Dante Phoenix, even if the match never even started. And earlier this week he also attacked Trust in a violent, unprovoked attack....

JR: Harlequin has always been dangerous and unpredictable but he seems to have taken it up a notch since teaming with Johnny Lawless....it's as though there is actual method to the madness...

JT: I shudder to think...

"Car Show" is blaring out through the speakers as the Emirates Arena give a polite reception to the debuting Angelo Trust. He makes the short walk down the rampway, high-fiving with the fans. He climbs up the steel steps and then springboards over the top rope into the ring.

JR: Trust might have taken the L last time out but I was very impressed with this kid, he's definitely very exciting to watch.

HL: He's all flash and no substance Jack, at the end of the day, he was the one on the mat crying Uncle last week, no matter how visually impressive some of his moves were.

JT: I'm just pleased he's here after the attack from Engel a few days ago.....is there any way this kid can be 100%?

Suddenly, the lights in the arena go down. Circus music begins to play and then a maniacal laugh can be heard, getting louder and louder through the speakers. The lights flicker back on and Engel is stood on the stage. The lights dim on and off as Engel makes his way down the ramp.

JT: Engel was absolutely brutal in the way he attacked Dante Phoenix last time out, although many would argue Phoenix was blindsided and it wasn't really a fair fight.

HL: You've got to expect the unexpected here Jeff, particularly with Engel, the guy is totally off his trolley.

JR: The only issue with what Engel did last time out is that he didn't actually earn any points in the tournament.

JT: Something his manager is still disputing....

Ding, Ding, Ding!

Engel stands laughing at Angelo Trust, but is caught off guard as Angelo runs in and hits a big forearm smash. Trust sprints in, hitting a couple more big leaping forearms to the face. He throws Engel into the ropes and then connects with a dropkick on the rebound. Trust then hits a running back senton. Cover.

Ref: 1................Kick out!

JT: Trust is fired up....he wants retribution for that attack...

Angelo Trust gets to his feet, he hits a couple of leaping knees down into the face. He then applies an armbar hold on Engel, who gets to his feet, Trust takes him down with an arm drag takedown. Harlequin gets to his feet, Angelo Trust leaps into the air and takes Engel down with a hurracanrana.

Trust steps into the corner, he sprints in as Engel rises and connects with a shining wizard. Trust then runs to the corner, leaping to the 2nd rope and then diving back to hit an imploding splash. He hooks the leg.

Ref: 1....................2..Kick out!

Engel forces the shoulder up. Angelo Trust allows Engel to his feet, he then Irish whips Harlequin into the corner. He then sprints in and connects with a flying back elbow smash. He then snapmares Engel down to the canvas, he runs off the ropes and connects with a running dropkick to the back of the head.

Trust steps onto the ring apron, he then slingshots over the top rope and connects with a senton. He hooks the leg.

Ref: 1.......................2............Kick out!

JT: Lightning fast start here from Angelo Trust.....he wants Harlequin to pay for what he did...

JR: He's given Engel no time right from the very start, taking it to the veteran.

Trust rolls to his feet, he hits a couple of elbows down to the gut before allowing Engel to rise. He goes for an Irish whip but Engel reverses the momentum, sending Trust into the ropes. He rebounds back to the middle of the ring, where Engel is leant over for a back body drop. Trust sunset flips over into the pin.

Ref: 1.......................2.........Kick out!

Engel forces the shoulder up quickly again. He and Trust rise simultaneously, and Angelo cracks him right in the chin with a big superkick. Engel falls into the ropes, Trust drops Engel down onto the 2nd rope before bouncing off the ropes to dial up the 619. He stands on the ring apron and then hits a seated senton before covering.

Trust gets to his feet and looks down at Engel, who is smiling to himself. He pushes himself up to his feet and laughs...

JT: Engel is just laughing! What is wrong with this guy?!

Trust looks confused by Engel's actions, he hits a couple of big right hands but Engel just smirks back and laughs again. Trust hits a couple of big right hands and then follows up with a big DDT that plants Engel face-first into the mat.

JR: Trust can't afford to let Engel get into his head.

Ref: 1......................2..........Kick out!

Engel again kicks out. Trust lifts him up, he hits a couple of punches to the back of the head before pulling Engel in...

JT: Cross Rhodes!

JR: Blocked!

HL: Engel's boot is in Trust's head now Jack, huge brogue kick on the rebound by Engel.

Harlequin smiles to himself again, before laying into Trust on the ground with a series of huge stomps. He then runs off the ropes, hitting a knee to the face. Trust rolls away towards the ropes but Engel grabs him by the legs and hauls him back to the middle of the ring where he continues to stomp away on Trust.

He breaks just before the 5 count before picking up Angelo Trust. He scoop slams him down into the mat, before picking up Trust and hitting another scoop slam. He repeats this another 5 times.

HL: Engel is just laying into Trust, absolutely decimating him.

JR: And he's not even going for a cover!

Engel picks up Trust and throws him into a corner. He beats away on him with big punches to the head and body, before dragging Trust momentarily away from the corner so he can hit a big turnbuckle powerbomb.

Harlequin follows that up with a running knee to a clearly groggy Trust, who is barely managed to protect himself as Engel fires in even more punches. Trust stumbles forward and Engel cracks him in the side of the head with an enzaguri kick.

Trust falls to the mat, Harlequin holds him in a front facelock while smashing knees into the face of Angelo Trust. He eventually relents for a few moments to drive some stomps down into the head.

JT: I don't think Trust is protecting himself at all either, the referee might need to make a call.

Engel places Trust onto his knees before running in and connecting with a huge kick to the side of the head. Engel picks up Trust, he then kicks him in the gut...

JR: Aversion Therapy!

Engel connects with the Double Arm DDT but elects not to cover, instead clambering onto Trust and reining in punches to the head of a clearly unresponsive Trust. Engel continues pummelling away before rolling away.

Engel teases a cover but instead just bursts into laughter, he then picks up Trust...

JT: And now the self-fulfilling prophecy!

JR: And STILL no cover.

Engel smiles, he picks up Trust in position for another self-fulfilling prophey…

JT: Thank god for that! The referee is stepping in here!

The referee steps in, he pulls Trust away from Engel who looks on at him disappointed. The referee orders for the bell to be rung as he sits Trust in the corner to check on him.

Ding, Ding, Ding!

JR: The referee has called this one off, it's all over!

HL: Now, how about that for a statement? Engel wins it by referee stoppage, he absolutely decimated Trust there.

JT: Trust had a lightning fast start and looked close to winning it, but as soon as Engel got himself into the match, he just didn't look back and was unrelenting in his attack.

JR: The ref did the right thing stepping in there, this could have got much worse if Engel was allowed to continue.

(New points: Angelo Trust - -8 points
Engel Harlequin - +6 points)

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:01 am

The scene opens with Christy James waiting backstage.

CJ: Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time is coming off of a losing debut. Please welcome Karl “Cannon……

Before Christy can finish Karl Kramer can be heard whooping and coming into shot. He is wearing his usual tight white shirt, black trousers and massive medallion around his neck. His mohawk has the St. Georges flag sprayed on it, complete with a few rugby balls. He claps his hands enthusiastically and does a few punches at thin air before squeezing Christy’s shoulder.

KK: Wow, the Cannonball cannot get over those intros Christy! Go on, say it again, go on. Say it! Say it!

Christy laughs.

CJ: My guest Karl “Cannon……

Again Kramer whoops and slaps his hands.

KK: Oh man, it goes to the heart! Goes to the soul! And I am all soul, ya know. From toes to head, your itch is going to be fed. Yes it is! Cannonball is waitin’ to meet your desire for info. I am here to tell all. You ask and you shall receive!

Christy laughs again, before noticing Kramer’s mohawk

CJ: Nice hair design…

Kramer runs a hand over it.

KK: Ya think?! Cannonball likes to celebrate! Mofro makes the poppers blow yeah! My sign to the times! But you ain’t here to talk do’s girl! You got some high-level interrogation to do! Shine a light on my face Christy! Let’s go!

Kramer stands there with his hands on his hips looking at her intently.

CJ: Well, can you comment on your match with Cerberus? You must be disappointed with a loss?

Cannonball nods his head and brings a hand to his chin.

KK: Straight in there! BAM! You are abso on the money Christy! No doubt, no doubt! The whole match was headbanging! I took my head and I banged it against his!

Cannonball laughs loudly before looking into the camera.

KK: But you right Christy, a losin’ story is not the one the Cannonball wanted to tell. Cerby was big man! He was big and damn ugly but he beat the Cannonball. That’s all that matters, all that matters! You hear guys cryin’ as if the rules don’t fit their game? To hell with that! You know this song. We ALL know this song. The tune that plays, we dance and sway. When it stops, we move on to new mood music. There is no damn point blamin’ the rhythm of the night if you ain’t got the style in the fight!

Christy smiles and nods.

CJ: So you accept Cerberus was the better man?

Kramer laughs.

KK: Woah you go too far Christy! Cerby had the measure of the man in the ring but not the measure of the man in the world. Sometimes the Cannonball feels there is not enough world for him to fit in! But yeah, Cannonball stared at the lights as the 1-2-3 sounded. No harm, no foul and Cannonball lives to fight another day. He bows, holds his hands high and says “Buddy, you got me”. This is a long journey Christy yeah? That first step ain’t the last step. No sir! Cannonball is moving on this path and the end is no way in sight!

Christy smiles.

CJ: So how about your next match against Scott Harris? Can you bounce back with a win?

Kramer nods his head frantically.

KK: There is no doubt in my mind. No doubt.

CJ: Scott Harris is a talented competitor….

KK: Oh, I have no doubt ‘bout that either! But the 6CW skill pool is deep and every fight is going to be tough. All the Cannonball can do is be cocked, locked and ready to rock! Aim high and you get more! Scotty wants to be top of the mountain to get the gold. Well, buddy will have to face the mountain to get on with that trek. Think on this yeah….Cerby is as tough SOB and Cannonball stood toe to toe. If Scotty thinks it’s a done job, then maybe he needs a new line of work. Cannonball ain’t no notch on his bedpost. Cannonball ain’t no easy ride. Cannonball don’t roll over for anyone. If he good, then we good. If he bad, he gonna get hurt. That no testifying on false words girl. That’s God’s truth. If he the man, then the show will be goddamn! Cannonball will help light up the sky. Fireworks! Dynamite! TNT to the max! But Scotty needs to give all or give nothin’, ‘coz anything less means the night will be slight! Woah!

Christy nods.

CJ: I am sure he will get the message. And after the first round of matches, how do you feel you shape up against the others? Is being the Iron Man still an achievable goal?

Kramer kisses his medallion before replying.

KK: It is more than a goal Christy! It is a purpose! Cannonball rides through the hate to get to his fate. This is what puts Cannonball to the side of every other man. He ain’t doin’ this for fame. Or gold. Or an entry in his resumé! He doin’ it coz he can! ‘Coz he been told that’s the word, gospel and done deal. You think there is some major plan? Some blueprint to match? No way! One foot dances in front of the other. Cannonball moves on before he moves on. Game time is my time and the Cannonball says GAME ON!

Christy looks confused but nods politely.

CJ: One final question Cannonball. It has been noticed by the dirt sheets that you share the same surname to another former 6CW employee. Is this just a mere coincidence?

Kramer stiffens slightly but soon regains his smile.

KK: Woah Christy, you think I got time to read the buzz that the Cannonball has caused? I try and Twitterize but it ends up being hashtag hell! Prod and poke to try and provoke right? Well the Cannonball is above all that. We all buddies here yeah?! We all fly to that same point in the sky and try not to get burned. Only fire the Cannonball wants to feel is what he gives in the ring. A-blazing and a-mazing right! Woah!

Kramer chucks his head back and laughs, before giving Christy a fist pump. He winks at the camera and strides out of shot.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:12 am

(The scene changes and Scott Harris is standing by with Fleur Michaels. The crowd cheer and Harris gives a wave before showing off the slogan on the back of his jacket "Needs More Harris)

Fleur: Scott....a seriously impressive return to 6CW last time out with victory over Liam Wood....many doubted you could do it but it was almost as though you had never been away. After that result you are now being touted as a potential winner in this tournament....do you believe you can go all the way?

Harris: Naturally I'm confident in what I can do, Fleur, and you all saw that last week....back after years in the wilderness and I beat a guy like Liam Wood, damn it felt good to wipe that smirk off of his face...

But I know that was only the first step and this journey has just begun....I can't get overconfident....tonight is a different test, a different gameplan but the goal is the same, it is always the same....because I have said before and I will reiterate that I am not here to make up numbers....I am here to become the 6CW World Champion...

(Cheers ring out around the Emirates)

Harris: Tonight Karl Kramer will bring a very different style....he's big, he's strong and we already know that he can take a shot and keep on coming.....but I believe I can beat him, I believe I can beat anybody and that when this tournament is said and done I hope to be proven right when I stand alone as the Iron Man...

(Applause can be heard from out of shot and then the crowd boo as Liam Wood walks into the frame. Wood has a towel over his shoulders and is eyeing Harris with great dislike)

Wood: One fluke and you're actually talking about yourself as a real contender in this tournament? Where does the delusion end, Harris?

Harris: I'm glad to see you've woken up after what Cerberus did to you....just in time to see me win again...

(Wood looks angry at the job but regains himself)

Wood: A blindside attack, I wouldn't expect anything else from a beast with no decency...but remember who won that match, just like I said I would...

Harris: It's funny because you talk about the way I beat you being a fluke but you weren't even conscious when you scraped that countout victory over Cerberus....I mean that takes some serious skill...maybe we should start calling you Sleeping Beauty...

(Wood steps closer to Harris, who doesn't flinch)

Wood: Watch your mouth...

Harris: Or what? I already put you in your place, Liam, and I'll happily do it again but right now I've got a match...so if you don't mind...

(Wood remains there for a moment, sizing the situation up, and then he smirks)

Wood: I'd wish you luck but even a loser like you shouldn't struggle with a nobody like Kramer...

(The tension is at boiling point but then Wood strides from the shot leaving Harris seething. Harris smiles, unconvincingly at Fleur, and then shakes his head and walks in the opposite direction)

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:21 am

Bout 6
Karl Kramer vs Scott Harris

JT: Next up, a match that has real potential to be a fantastic contest.

JR: It's Scott Harris up against the relative newcomer, Karl Kramer, who was impressive even in defeat against another former world champion, Cerberus.

HL: He's certainly not being given an easy start to his 6CW Career, but that is life in the big league I suppose!

The lights down and then the sound of Canon explodes out of the speaker before O Fortuna kicks in. Karl Kramer marches out onto the stage, he walks briskly down the rampway, slapping hands with the fans as he goes before stepping into the ring.

JT: Very few men can match up to Cerberus physically but Kramer was someone who did more than just that, he took him very close indeed.

JR: He looks supremely focused tonight, he knows he needs to get a win under his belt in this tournament to stand a chance of competing for gold.

"Figure It Out" hits and Scott Harris walks out onto the stage, wearing a hooded top with the hood up. He stands at the top of the ramp, breathes deeply and then removes the hood two fireworks going off either side of him. He then purposefully walks towards the ring, slapping hands with fans on the front row, never taking his eye off Kramer.

HL: The experienced Harris had a good start to his tournament as he managed to defeat Liam Wood.

JR: Harris will have his eyes on gold once again, and that'd be a very popular win amongst the 6CW fanbase.

Ding, Ding, Ding!

Scott Harris and Kramer circle the ring, eventually going for the lock-up. Kramer forces Harris back towards the corner, Scott Harris then manages to wriggle free and dive underneath Kramer. Scott Harris grabs Kramer by the waist and goes for a German suplex but Kramer dead weights and then manages to push Harris backwards.

He rolls to his feet and runs in at Kramer, who flapjacks Harris face-first into the top turnbuckle. He stumbles out of the corner, Kramer lifts up Harris and plants him into the canvas with a powerslam. Cover.

Ref: 1...................2......Kick out!

Kramer goes onto the offensive straight away after the kick out, he locks in an armbar hold before dragging up Harris and then taking him down with a stiff right-arm clothesline. Kramer pulls up Harris, he scoops up Harris and slams him down into the mat. Karl Kramer then bounces off the ropes and leaps into the air, hitting a back senton. He hooks the leg.

JT: Kramer setting the pace early, using his size advantage to dominate Harris.

Ref: 1...................2..........Kick out!

Harris forces the shoulder up. Kramer applies a front facelock and then lifts Harris straight up from the floor. He scoops him under the shoulder and throws him out across the ring with a hip toss. Harris rolls up to his feet, Kramer lifts him onto his shoulders and then drives him down into the canvas with a Death Valley Driver. Kramer goes for the pin once again.

Karl Kramer hauls Harris up to his feet, he places him onto his shoulders and goes for a powerslam once again. Harris manages to drop down the back and rolls up Kramer.

JR: Quick thinking from Scott Harris!

Ref: 1......................2..............Kick out!

The duo roll up to their feet, Kramer throws a wild punch that Scott Harris ducks underneath. He clenches Kramer by the waist...

JT: Big German Suplex from Scott Harris!

HL: Harris is no slouch in the power department either it has to be said.

Kramer rolls up to his feet, Harris boots him in the stomach and then plants him face-first with a legsweep DDT. Cover.

Ref: 1.....................2..............Kick out!

This time it's Kramer with the kick out. Scott Harris drops a couple of knees into the face, he rolls Kramer onto his front and hits two more leaping knee drops to the back. Harris then stands over Kramer, grabbing his arms and yanking backwards...

JR: Wow!

JT: Surfboard submission hold by Harris, that's incredible power!

HL: He can't keep it locked in too long though, Kramer is just too big to keep in that position.

Harris releases the hold, he then goes up to the top rope and nails the Frog Splash. He hooks the leg.

Ref: 1...................2.............Kick out!

Kramer again kicks out. Scott Harris allows him to his feet before going for an Irish whip, Kramer reverses the momentum to send Harris into the ropes. On the rebound, he levels the veteran with a big back body drop.

Harris rolls up, Kramer scoops him into the air and nails a big backbreaker. He keeps the hold applied and then throws Harris out across the ring with a fallaway slam. Kramer covers.

Ref: 1...................2.............Kick out!

After the kick out, Karl Kramer leans over and drags Harris forcefully to his feet. He cracks a couple of stiff forearms into the face before sending Harris flying out across the ring with a release suplex. Harris rolls to his feet, Kramer scoops up both legs and picks Harris up, then proceeding to ram him into the corner.

Kramer takes a few steps back before hitting a leaping forearm. Harris slumps down and Kramer hits a cannonball senton ala Kevin Owens. He drags Harris out from the corner and covers.

Ref: 1......................2.............Kick out!

Harris is lifted to his feet by Kramer who hits a series of headbutts. Kramer follows this up with some hard elbows to the face, he then launches Harris into the ropes and connects with a hip toss. Harris gets to his feet, Kramer boots him in the gut and then lifts Harris onto his shoulders.

He sets up for a powerbomb and Harris starts pounding down on the head of Kramer with big punches. He continues to pile punches down into Kramer who stumbles back into the corner. Harris manages to free himself and then hits a big elbow to the head.

Harris takes some steps back, hitting a big stinger splash. Harris steps back once again and connects with a shining wizard. He pulls Kramer down and covers.

JT: These two have set an incredible pace here!

JR: It's hard-hitting and fast paced, exactly what 6CW is all about. Both men doing all they can to get the job done within the time limit.

Ref: 1.......................2................Kick out!

Scott Harris hauls up Kramer, he launches him into the ropes and connects with an overhead belly to belly suplex on the rebound. Kramer gets up almost shocked by the power and Harris follows that with a dropkick. Kramer gets up and Harris hits a pendulum backbreaker. Cover.

Ref: 1...................2...............Kick out!

Karl Kramer kicks out. Scott Harris allows him to a vertical base where Kramer throws a wild punch, Harris easily ducks underneath it. He grabs Kramer by the waist and throws him down into the mat with a German suplex.

Harris keeps the grip applied, he lifts up Kramer from the canvas and then slings him down with a 2nd German suplex. Harris drags up Kramer...

HL: A third German Suplex!

Harris quickly covers.

Ref: 1............................2......................Kick out!

Scott Harris stands over Kramer, waiting for him to rise when the crowd descend into boos. Harris looks confused and then turns around to see Liam Wood making his way down the ramp.

JT: What's he doing out here?!

JR: The man Harris conquered last time out, it looks like Wood is still bitter about that.

HE: He's just out for a closer look...

JT: Yeah right...

Harris turns and beckons Wood to come down to the ramp. It looks as if the World Eater is going to oblige as he walks down the rampway and climbs up onto the ring apron, Harris runs towards him and goes a for a big forearm but Wood quickly drops down from the ring apron.

Harris turns around...

JR: KARNAGE!

HL: Huge spinebuster from Kramer. And now he steps back to the corner...

JT: CANNONBALL RUN!

JR: WOW WHAT A CLOTHESLINE!

Ref: 1...........................................2.........................................3!

Ding, Ding, Ding!

JT: This one is over, and it's a huge win for Karl Kramer.

JR: In no small part due to the interference from Liam Wood, who has ended up costing Scott Harris here tonight.

HL: I don't think that's the last time we are going to see issues between Wood and Harris, that's two massive egos in one group.

JT: Things are certainly escalating between the two...

JR: But as you said Jeff, let's not forget what this means for Kramer. It's a huge win over a very established opponent.

JT: Group C has been blown wide open here tonight...

Kramer celebrates in the ring as Wood retreats up the ramp grinning.

(New points: Karl Kramer - +2 points
Scott Harris - +2 points)

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:23 am

Uryu is seen backstage, looking at Travis Sharp being barged by Jimmy Phillips. Travis quickly recovers and looks over at Uryu.

UI: Nice to see some things havent changed here... People never treat the staff here with respect.

We quickly hear Frank in the background as Travis approaches.

Frank: No Frak respect from you wrestlers, you know I had to repair that damn water cooler you broke!

TS: Uryu, what bad luck fighting Marty Helms, where do you progress from here?

Uryu sighs and looks up at the ceiling briefly before looking back at Travis.

UI: I have to win to be in with a shot of progressing, no ifs or buts about it. Yet this group is one of the hardest of the lot, no match is easy, especially for me.

Frank: Even that Rasta Muppet could beat you!

Uryu glares at Frank who flips the bird at him in reply before walking off. Uryu looking ticked off.

UI: I gave a damn good account of myself Travis! I am someone you don't underestimate here!

Travis jumps back quickly, looking spooked. Seconds pass as Uryu sighs deeply, head in his hands.

UI: Every punch, every kick, every step, every move...hurts. Every day I wake up, hoping that my body somehow goes back even one step closer to what it was when I was younger. Yeah I have more experience...but each day I do this, trying to go beyond what I do. It feels like im hitting a wall. Like I can't recover past a certain point. Over...and over again. At this pace I can entertain...but for how long?
I feel like I got close to an answer once. In my last match with Engel, he swung his bat so many times. Yet I kept going. Hell, I don't even remember half the match yet I kept going. I made him so mad, I was so resiliant that he had actually wanted to kill me to keep me down. Half the crowd must have thought I was dead. Yet, I felt so close to an answer, my endurance was just out of reach, like a child trying to catch the stars in the night sky. They look so pretty...

TS: Uryu? Are you ok?

UI: Maybe it takes a while for me to warm up. Maybe looking up at what can be is the only thing I can do now, watching the others soar into the sky and stay there. Maybe I have one flight left to reach the very top of the sky. Maybe my way up there is going to be hell. Will it be worth it in the end? I stay here, competing, hoping to maximise that one little spark I got in me left. To see if I can punch through the wall one more time.

Uryu then looks up at Travis, a battle worn smile across his face.

UI: I am not completely dead like Hero. I am not arrogant like Marty or McManus. I am just putting myself on the line every single match...and I love it.

Uryu proceeds to head towards the ring area,leaving Travis perplexed.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:30 am

(Miss Jessica is shown sat in her office when the phone rings. She takes her time, checking her face in the mirror, before eventually answering)

Jessica: Hello.....Cillian, how are you?....oh I was just out rallying the troops...

(Jessica continues preening herself as the conversation continues)

Jessica: Oh like totally, they love me.....did you see the Hero thing?.....yeah I sorted it....

(Her eyes begin to narrow as she listens more)

Jessica: So you're coming here next week?....I mean I can like so take care of anything that needs doing....you don't need to worry....that's why you hired me, right?

(She rolls her eyes and feigns a yawn as she listens some more)

Jessica: Well like whatever, you're the boss I guess....I'll see you next week....

(Jessica hangs up the phone and lets out a sigh)

Jessica: And I had so much fun planned....I guess I'll have to make an adjustment or two...

(She quickly taps away on her phone and then raises it to her ear)

Jessica: It's me.....yeah maybe we'll have to hold off for now......I know what we planned, I planned it idiot....but something has come up.....I don't know, I'm not like the Oracle or whatever....I'll be in touch....tata for now!

JT: What the hell is she up to?

JR: I don't even want to know...

HE: Whatever it is I'm sure it'll be great...

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:31 am

Bout 7
James McManus vs Uryu Ishida

JT: Humongous clash here in Group B coming up next....both these men desperately in need of a win after the disappointment of last week....

HE: Especially after that draw between Onyx and Helms earlier tonight....they're running away with it...

JR: They've built up a very sizeable lead for sure.....in all honesty I'd say either McManus or Uryu need to be looking for a submission in this bout to turn things in their favour...

JT: A victory either way will leave them in with a shout going into the final group matches but a submission win would really throw the cat amongst the pigeons...

"Blood on the dancefloor" echoes out and James McManus appears on the stage. He lowers his hood to reveal a half torn mask of the former Fanatic and then marches across the walkway on his way to the ring.

JT: James McManus came up short against 6CW debutant Damion Onyx ten nights ago but the ring veteran will be looking to change his luck here tonight.....primarily he's had a lot of success as a tag team operator but he's held singles' gold too over the years....what a story it would be if McManus could become a world champion...

JR: He's surely talented enough but he's never been able to put the big run together....I think if he starts to get momentum then he will be difficult to stop....he is a very talented technician....

HE: McManus wearing that mask as homage to Fanatic but in all honesty I think he's better off without that deadweight....this is his chance to claim the spotlight for himself...

JT: I'd hardly refer to The Fanatic as "deadweight"....he and McManus were multi-time tag champions.....but what I will say is that McManus was the standout performer in that duo...he has layers to his game that could propel him toward great things as a singles competitor...

McManus paces the ring and then "Hold on tight to your dreams" crashes out of the system to a standing ovation from the fans in attendance. The cheers ring all around as Uryu Ishida bounds out from the backstage area....

JT: A lot of love here in Glasgow for Uryu Ishida....

HE: These people have no taste....they eat battered Mars Bars for crying out aloud....

JR: I think the 6CW Universe respects the hard work and dedication of a true, dedicated, professional like Ishida....he has gotten better and better as the years have gone by.....he has transformed his career from perennial runner up to a real world title contender....

HE: Let's not get carried away...

JT: The main was on the cusp of headlining Night of Glory....

HE: And he gave up his shot in order to pursue a personal vendetta....if that doesn't tell you all you need to know about this loser then I don't know what will...he could have had the only world title shot of his career, he would have lost obviously, but he actually gave it to someone else....

JT: Well Uryu showed us all ten nights ago that he's still able to hang tough with the biggest and best in this company....

HE: He got knocked clean out by Marty Helms...

JR: He did run him extremely close to be fair...

HE: Must have been watching a different fight to me....the only thing that would have been more humane is if Helms put him down for good....hopefully McManus will finish the job tonight....

Ishida climbs through the ropes and removes his robe before climbing onto the ropes in order to bask in the adulation and support of the crowd. He then leaps back down and bows in the direction of James McManus...

JT: These two men know each other very well....stemming back to their days in 6WF....

JR: Uryu's career goes all the way back to TAW in 2007.....he's been around and seen it all...

HE: And still has nothing to show for it...

JT: Well this tournament may change all of that...

HE: Highly unlikely...

The bell sounds and both men circle, looking for an opening, and then McManus dives in and attempts to take Ishida's back. Uryu tries to prise McManus' fingers open and shift out but McManus transitions and pulls his foe into a side headlock...

JT: McManus is a highly skilled technical wrestler.....a real British bruiser...

JR: Enjoys it when it gets very physical.....McManus will hit you like a train...

Uryu shuffles back against the ropes and uses the momentum to push McManus away and toward the opposite side. McManus comes running back and he drops Uryu with a shoulder tackle before welcoming him back up and aims a clothesline at him....

JR: Uryu ducked that...

HE: BUT NOT THAT!

Uryu ducks the first clothesline but it is McManus who reacts first with a devastating lariat to the back of the neck with his other arm................1.......................2....................Uryu kicks out!

JT: Both of these men chasing a win here....they really need it....

JR: They certainly do.....Marty Helms and Damion Onyx are both pulling away in Group B....

McManus drags Uryu up and nails a snap suplex before bouncing off the ropes and returns with a jumping knee right to the face of his foe. Uryu tries to get back up as McManus drives a hard knee to his ribcage and then whips him into the turnbuckle with serious power...

HE: So much power on that whip....Uryu just collapsed from the impact....

Uryu holds his spine as McManus stands over him and stomps down hard on his back. He then drags Ishida to his feet and flips him up....

JT: McManus thinking powerbomb....

Uryu counters the powerbomb into a headscissors takedown that sends McManus stumbling over to the ropes. Ishida gets back up and he sprints at McManus but is backdropped up and over the top rope....

JR: Landed on his feet though......OOOFT!

McManus turns as Uryu leaps up and delivers a vicious kick straight to the face, sending McManus staggering back. Ishida runs across the apron and climbs up top...

JT: Meteora!

Uryu drives his knees into McManus' chest and pushes him down into the canvass.................1.................2..............shoulder up. They both get up and Uryu dodges a right hand before dropkicking McManus into the corner. He runs in after him, delivering a monkey flip that sends his man flying to the centre....Ishida gets back up and he wills McManus to his feet....

JR: SUPER...

McManus catches Uryu's attempted superkick and spins him around, only for Ishida to catch him with his trailing foot in the side of the head....

JT: Tremendous dragon whip counter right there....McManus seeing stars....

McManus is all sea as Uryu runs off the ropes and returns with a front flip DDT...............1......................2............thr-shoulder up!

JR: I thought that was three....

HE: James McManus is a tough kid....he just needs to ride this out....

Uryu gets back up his feet and he drinks in the cheers ringing around the arena. He then makes his way over to the ropes and climbs out onto the apron, weighing up his next move...

JT: The ring veteran has his sights firmly set here......SPRINGBOARD...

HE: WOW!

The crowd have no choice but to applaud as Uryu springboards through the air, looking for a flying forearm, only to be caught by McManus in flight and span into a spinebuster. McManus quickly drags Uryu up and runs him into a big time powerslam....

JR: James McManus closing in on victory number one...

1..................2...................kickout!

JT: Close, close call there.....James McManus can't quite believe it...

JR: Uryu barely hanging on...

McManus gets up, taking deep breaths, and then he rags Uryu up and hooks his arms in place....

HE: RIVER WENSUM...

McManus tries to lift Uryu but he will not budge and then shows great strength of his own to backdrop McManus, holding onto him whilst he goes over, and into a modified pin....

.......thr-no!

JT: Uryu almost caught McManus out there....

They both scramble up again and Uryu dodges a clothesline and handsprings into the ropes before floating back into a terrific tornado DDT...

1......................2................3!

JR: McManus only just kicked out there....so nearly a three...

Uryu sits in disbelief for a few moments and then gets back to his feet. He watches McManus struggling up and then he grabs his right arm....

JT: Uryu looking for that armbar....

McManus desperately tries to pull his arm free of Uryu's clutches and then drives up with his head into Ishida's face. He quickly grabs him in a half nelson before connecting with a release suplex...

JR: Uryu landed right on his neck....

McManus then lets out a yell and runs the ropes before returning with a devastating knee straight to the temple...

JT: Uryu is out....

HE: McManus turning his fortunes around....

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:32 am

...............3!

JT: Uryu kicked out.....somehow he is holding on here, such resilience from the old timer....

HE: He's had his day....time to put him out of his misery...

McManus claps his hands together, ignoring the boos of the crowd, as he waits for Uryu to get back up and then he scoops him onto his shoulders....

JR: TOMBSTONE....

Uryu kicks his legs frantically and manages to slip off the back of McManus before running the ropes....

HE: McManus knew he was coming....tilt-a-whirl....AAHHHHH!

McManus twists Uryu up but Ishida counters in midair with a hurricanrana into a pin......................1......................2...............shoulder up. They scramble up again and Uryu nails a stiff calf kick that takes McManus down and follows up with a standing moonsault....................1....................2..................kickout!

JT: What a match we are witnessing here....you can see how much these two men want to get their 6CW careers up and running....

The crowd start an "Uryu Ishida" chant as they try to give him the momentum to finish the job. He gets up to his feet and runs the ropes again before returning with a front flip neckbreaker takedown. He then rolls to the corner and climbs up....

JT: McManus down here.....he's a prone....

JR: Uryu senses his opportunity....SPLIT SECOND!

The crowd groan as McManus drives his knees up in time to prevent the 450 splash. Ishida is in a lot of pain as McManus scoops him up and powerbombs him against the turnbuckle....

HE: RIVER WENSUM PLUNGE!

JT: Tremendous sequence...

JR: James McManus sending a message....

..........3!

JT: Got him....

JR: Not quite he didn't....

Everyone in the arena is expecting the three count but there are deafening cheers as Uryu's shoulder pops off the mat just before it is completed. McManus holds his head in dismay....

HE: The referee needs to work on the speed of his count....

JT: You just cannot discount the toughness of a man like Uryu Ishida....he never fails to amaze....

McManus tries to block out the crowd as he beckons for Uryu to get back up. Uryu is clearly in a lot of pain but eventually he rises and stumbles straight into McManus' path....

HE: Enough messing around now......MK ULTRA!

Uryu rolls down the back of McManus and drags him into a pin....................1.................................2..............thr-kickout. They get up again and Uryu forward rolls through McManus' grasp and springboards onto the ropes...

JT: What a shot!

Uryu twists back around but is met by a huge right hand to the jaw by James McManus. McManus then scuttles over to the ropes and he climbs up....

JR: Not McManus' usual hunting ground....but he knows he needs something big....

JT: Every competitor in this tournament is realising the same thing.....

McManus steadies himself to leap but Uryu runs in from nowhere and connects with a run up and jumping knee that lands under the chin of McManus. JM falls into a seated position on the top turnbuckle.....

JT: FRANKENSTEINER......NO WHAT A TRANSITION!

JR: INCREDIBLE!

Uryu leaps up and seems to be attempting a top rope hurricanrana but McManus moves his arm to try and block the move so Ishida snatches the arm and twists him off the top rope into a mesmeric armbar takedown....

JT: Calls this "Sunrise"....but I have never seen him take an opponent down like that for it....

JR: The fall alone drove all the wind out of McManus....I'm not sure it didn't knock him out....

HE: He landed right on his head....

Uryu is ripping at the arm but there is no response from the seemingly unconscious James McManus. The referee needs only a few seconds to analyse the situation before signalling for the bell....

JT: The referee had no choice there....McManus could not defend himself....

HE: But he didn't tap...

JR: He couldn't tap....but Uryu would have broken his arm in a few more seconds....

JT: I'm glad to see 6CW moving in this direction and lending a hand from MMA....just because you haven't tapped doesn't mean a decision cannot be made....the referee's job is to protect the fighters in there and I believe he did a great job right there....McManus was out, he had no way to defend himself and Uryu was going to cause serious damage....

HE: I think there'll be complaints....

JR: From you maybe, Henry, but I think most people will accept a very good decision....McManus fought one hell of a fight but that was a nasty fall and he was out.....the referee could have stopped it on the knockout alone....

JT: McManus can watch the tape back and be satisfied that he showed what a competitor he is here tonight....but he got caught by one big impact moment and Uryu Ishida made him pay.....at 40 years of age Uryu Ishida is better than I have ever known....and he's put himself right back into contention for a quarter final place here in the Iron Man Tournament....

JR: Yes he has....that'll go down as a submission victory and all of a sudden he's breathing down the neck of Helms and Onyx....what a conclusion to this group we have next week....

Uryu leans down to make sure that McManus is ok, the ringside doctor on hand to aid his recovery, and then he climbs onto the turnbuckle in order to celebrate his victory.

(New points: James McManus - -6 points
Uryu Ishida - +4 points)

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:37 am

(Jimmy Phillips is shown psyching himself up ahead of the main event and then he rips the door of his locker-room open and storms out. He looks annoyed to find his way barred by Travis Sharp)

TS: Jimmy, have you got a minute for a quick interview

Phillips looks Travis up and down in disgust before exhaling highlighting he thinks he's above anything Travis could ask

JP: whatever

TS: ehhhh....thanks. So I guess you caught my interview with your opponent tonight, Vincent Costello (a huge cheer can be heard coming from within the arena at the mention of Costello's name)

JP: Yeah, I caught it. Surprised he's not still talking, man did he go on and on. Lets just hope for his sake he can still fight half as much as he can talk sh!t

TS: I think he raised some valid points and comments

Jimmy laughs to himself

JP: well you would. You know why you think that? Because you're a moron. Just like everybody out there in that arena who cheered when they heard you mention Costello's name. Every single one of them is a grade A moron. (loud boos can be heard)

TS: I don't think that's....

JP: Don't you dare cut the talent off when he's speaking.

Jimmy stares down Travis who backs away until he is pressed back up against the wall

JP: Well?

TS: I don't understand

JP: Aren't you gonna apologise to me, for cutting me off. You ask me for an interview and then you disrespect the Talent by talking over him.

TS: I'm...I'm sorry Jimmy

JP: I should think so. Make sure it don't happen again. Now as I was saying it doesn't surprise me that these morons buy into the trash that Costello is spewing, I used to be exactly the same. I used to go out there week after week and play up to the fans just to hear them cheer. It becomes a distraction, and no matter how much you give them, they always want more. There's no end to it and when you're not there, when you're injured, they don't care, they just move on like mindless sheep to the next guy who wants to play up to them. Pathetic

TS: I mean no offence Jimmy, but Costello does have the credentials to back up his claims. He was a two time champion afterall

JP: you said it yourself. Was. Celtic were european champions once. Rangers were Scottish Champions. But now both are two garbage teams in a garbage league that nobody cares about. Just because Costello has held the heavyweight title twice doesn't mean anything anymore except that he's yesterdays news. You're looking at the hottest commodity in this business today. The Talent is the present and the future of this company and I'll prove that tonight when I make your two time former champ tap like I did Ricky Nelson last week

TS: Thats a pretty bold claim.

JP: Oh, its not a claim. Its a spoiler. Costello will have you believe that Costellos Law is going to take him back to the promise land, but he's too preoccupied with Liam Wood.....fantasising about Wood....wondering what to cook him for dinner....wondering what to buy him for Christmas.....whilst I'm out here training, working, busting my a55 to be the best...tonight, I fight the law.....and I WILL WIN!!

Jimmy exits the scene barging past Travis who sends the action back to the studio

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:49 am

(The scene changes one last time and James McManus is shown being tended to by medics in the backstage area, following his defeat to Uryu Ishida. The door to the trainer's room bursts open and Marty Helms storms in, he grabs the trainer by the shirt and launches him from the room before shutting the door with a snap)

Helms: Time for us to talk, McManus...

McManus: Can't it wait....we've got ten days until we fight...

(Helms grabs the groggy McManus by the throat)

Helms: If I was here to fight you, you'd be unconscious by now....understand?

(McManus' face is going purple but he manages to nod which prompts Helms to release)

Helms: Good.....now the reason I'm here, James, is that let's be damn honest....you haven't got a hope in hell of qualifying for the quarter finals after you let Ishida knock you out...

(McManus just glares at Helms)

Helms: Allow me to continue...your points total is lousy and on top of that you're facing me in ten days so...forget about it...

McManus: Why don't you get to the point?

(Helms laughs)

Helms: A man after my own heart....look your days are done in this tournament but those other two idiots, Onyx and Ishida....well they're a potential problem to me and I can't allow that....I can't allow anyone to get in the way of me getting the 6CW Championship back...

McManus: And I come into this how?

Helms: I know you just got sparked, Jimmy, but do the math.....a guy like you must dream of ever fighting for a world title....well now I'm guaranteeing you a shot...

McManus: You'll need to enlighten me here because I'm not seeing it....if I'm out the tournament then how...

Helms: Because I'm not out, far from it....I'm all but guaranteed a quarter final spot, a win over you seals the deal....

McManus: Ok...

Helms: I'm not asking you to be my Facebook friend d1ckhead.....you make sure I get through this group, you be on call whenever I snap my damn fingers in order to navigate my way through this tournament and I'll grant you first shot at the title when it is in my possession....

(McManus seems to be weighing up his options)

McManus: Do I have a choice?

Helms: Well you do have a choice....say yes and you get a world title shot and the baddest (beeper) on the roster as an ally....say no and I'll spread your brain matter all over these walls....

McManus: Then I guess we have a deal...

(Helms' smile appears)

Helms: You're a smart man....now rest up, because the hard work starts next week!

(Helms leaves the room leaving McManus looking troubled)

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:57 am

Main Event
Jimmy Phillips vs Vincent Costello

JT: Welcome back to 6CW Proving Grounds and now it is time for your.....MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING!

JR: And what a match up this clash from Group D promises to be!

HL: We've got Jimmy Phillips, who defeated the debuting Ricky Nelson last time out, and he faces off against another shock returnee.

JT: I don't think anyone was expecting to see Vincent Costello back last week, but what a reaction he got stepping out here in Glasgow, these fans certainly missed Costello.

The crowd erupt into loud cheers as "killing in the name of" blares out around the arena and Vincent Costello storms out onto the stage, looking fired up. He paces down the ramp, tagging a few hands as he goes, before rolling under the bottom rope. He leaps to his feet, and then turns towards the ramp awaiting his opponent.

JT: It was an incredible moment when Costello returned last time out, however he was given a very tough test by Jackson Jackson.

JR: And it was a test Costello couldn't quite get through, with the time limit on matches coming into effect.

"No less violent" roars out through the speakers and the crowd boo as the lights go down for the 20 second intro except for a red light illuminating stage area. Pyro as the heavy part kicks in then Phillips appears through the smoke of the pyro as red and white strobes. In ring he jumps on to apron and then steps in, before loosening up.

HL: Phillips was ruthless in the way he put Ricky Nelson away last time out, very impressive.

JR: With all due respect to Nelson, it's a big step up tonight against Costello, a former world champion.

HL: That was a long time ago though Jack, Phillips is looking to the future not the past.

Ding, Ding, Ding!

Vincent Costello and Jimmy Phillips circle the ring for a few moments before eventually locking up. After a brief test of strength, Phillips synchs Costello into an armbar hold. He spins underneath and around, turning on the spot to escape the hold and then quickly sends Phillips into the canvas with a short-arm clothesline.

Phillips rolls to his feet, he runs in at Costello who sends him straight back to the canvas with a hip toss. Marshall rises, Costello quickly whips him into the ropes and then takes him down with a shoulder block. Phillips again gets to his feet, Costello drives him to the mat with a DDT. Cover.

Ref: 1..............2.........Kick out!

Costello gets to his feet and immediately attacks the right arm of Jimmy Phillips with a series of stomps. Phillips rolls towards the ropes, Costello places the arm of Costello on the bottom rope before using them to springboard up and drop a knee down onto the arm.
Vincent Costello drags Phillips away from the ropes, lifting him to a vertical base before driving a knee up into the stomach and following that with a swinging neckbreaker. Cover.

Ref: 1................2.............Kick out!

JT: Costello started off like a house on fire.

JR: With Phillips top of the group after last time out, he has a target on his back now, Costello knows a win here changes the face of this group.

After the kick out, Jimmy Phillips is hauled to his feet by Vincent Costello who slings him across his shoulders. He walks to the corner and then drops Phillips face-first onto the top turnbuckle with a snake eyes. Phillips staggers out of the corner into a pop-up powerbomb by Costello. Cover.

Ref: 1...............2..........Kick out!

Phillips again forces the shoulder up. Costello drags him to his feet and whips him out across the ring. Costello goes for a back body drop but Jimmy Phillips counters with a kick to the face. Costello jolts up and Jimmy Phillips levels him with a big boot to the side of the head. He hooks the leg.

Ref: 1..................2...........Kick out!

Jimmy Phillips brings Costello to a vertical base, he then fires in some stiff European Uppercuts followed by some headbutts. Costello slumps into the corner, Phillips then runs in and crashes a big clothesline into the side of the head. Vincent Costello walks out of the corner groggily straight into a snap powerslam. He hooks the leg.

Ref: 1.................2...........Kick out!

Phillips rolls up to his feet, he begins stomping away on the head of Vincent Costello, who tries to roll away but Phillips drags him back to the middle of the ring and drops another knee into the face. Costello is then allowed to rise to his feet by Phillips who connects with an overhead belly to belly suplex, quickly running to cover.

Ref: 1..................2.............Kick out!

JR: Fantastic back and forth action between these two!

Costello forces the shoulder up, Phillips drags him to his feet and starts smashing punches into the chin. Vincent Costello stumbles back, Phillips continues with the punches but Costello manages to block one. He then fires back a series of punches himself which back Phillips into the ropes. Vincent Costello then whips him out across the ring and nails a sidewalk slam on the rebound. He hooks the leg.

Ref: 1................2..........Kick out!

Phillips forces the shoulder up. Costello drags him up and throws him to the corner. Costello levels him with a stinger splash. Jimmy Phillips slumps down against the turnbuckles and Vincent Costello proceeds to stomp a mudhole into Phillips, breaking just before the 5 count to avoid being disqualified.

Costello then bounces off the ropes, levelling Jimmy Phillips with a stiff knee to the side of the head. He drags Phillips away from the corner and covers.

JT: Costello taking charge once again here.

HL: The referee needs to keep an eye on Costello, he's a hot head and was very close to breaking the 5 count on Phillips in the corner.

Ref: 1..................2...............Kick out!

Costello drags Jimmy Phillips to his feet and then he boots him in the stomach and then lifts Phillips into the air. He walks around the ring holding Jimmy Phillips in the air and then drops him down to the mat with a vicious brainbuster. He hooks the leg.

Ref: 1..................2..................Kick out!

Costello steps back towards the ropes, Phillips begins to stir and Costello runs in...

JT: CURB STOMP!

Ref: 1.........................2.........................Kick out!

JR: He gets the shoulder up!

JT: This one could be over very soon though, Costello lining up Omerta!

Costello drags Jimmy Phillips to his feet and whips him out across the ring, he goes for the spinning side slam on the rebound but Phillips manages to counter, planting Costello face-first into the canvas with a tornado DDT. He hooks the leg.

Ref: 1.................2............Kick out!

Phillips quickly synchs in a front facelock. He drags Costello to his feet, smashing a number of knees into the face. Phillips stoops down, before hooking Costello under the shoulders and connecting with a Northern lights suplex. Costello gets to his feet, Phillips lifts him onto his shoulders and connects with a Samoan Drop, falling down on top of Vincent Costello into the cover.

Ref: 1..............2...............Kick out!

Phillips drags up Vincent Costello, crashing punches into the stomach before pulling Costello forward and scooping him onto his shoulders, dropping him face-first onto the top turnbuckle with a snake eyes. Vincent Costello stumbles forward straight into a spinebuster. He covers.

Ref: 1.................2...............Kick out!

Jimmy Phillips lifts up Vincent Costello. He Irish whips him towards the corner, before sprinting in and nailing a big spear tackle to the abdomen. Phillips follows this up with a few more shoulder thrusts to the gut.

He then lifts Costello onto the top rope, where he wraps some big punches up into the head. Phillips then lifts Costello into the air and then plants him down into the canvas with a Muscle Buster. Cover.

Ref: 1.......................2..............Kick out!

HL: Phillips really in charge now.

Jimmy Phillips allows Vincent Costello to his feet, he kicks him in the gut and then lifts Phillips into the air. He walks around the ring before planting Costello into the mat with a stalling suplex.

Costello rolls to his feet, Phillips throws him into the ropes and then he plants him into the canvas with a pop-up powerbomb. He makes the cover once again.

Ref: 1....................2.................Kick out!

Phillips locks in an armbar hold on Costello, stomping away on the shoulder up. He lifts him to his feet and then throws Costello into the ropes. He nails a big spinebuster. Costello stumbles up, Phillips grabs him...

JR: TOUCHDOWN!

JT: That could finish it!

Ref: 1.....................2.....................Kick out!

Phillips beat the canvas in frustration, he steps back to the corner, waiting for Costello to rise...

HL: GAME CHANGER...

JT: CAUGHT HIM!

JR: OMERTA!

JT: BOTH MEN DOWN!

JR: Whoever gets up first here is surely going to be the person who wins this match-up.

JT: That was a potentially momentum-shifting move from Vincent Costello, but he can't take advantage and go for the pin.

With both men down, the crowd begin cheering and chanting the name of Vincent Costello. He crawls towards the ropes to pull himself up but there is a mood change in the arena...

JR: These fans were right behind Costello but something has shifted the mood here...

HL: Maybe they've finally seen sense.

JT: I don't think it's sense they've seen, it's Hero!

JR: Hero is making his way through the crowd!

HE: I thought Miss Jessica kicked him out? Security...

Hero marches down the steps through the crowd and pops himself over the railings...

JT: And he's carrying a steel chair with him!

JR: What's he doing out here?!

Hero slides into the ring, the referee tries to take the chair from him but Hero pushes him away. Costello is pulling himself using the ropes, while Phillips is slumped in the corner.

Hero looks between both men, before suddenly turning and wrapping the chair straight into the head of Vincent Costello!

JT: WHAT THE HELL?!

HL: I LOVE IT!

JR: HERO JUST LEVELLED COSTELLO WITH A STEEL CHAIR!

The referee immediately signals for the bell to be rung and Costello is announced as the winner but Hero merely continues pounding away on Costello with the chair, again pushing the ref away when he attempts an intervention.

JR: Hero has lost it here!

JT: This is brutal from the veteran, he's beating the living hell out of Costello.

Hero finally steps back and shakes his head a moment before smiling. Jimmy Phillips pulls himself up slowly using the ropes, he too has a grin on his face. He walks towards Hero, smiling and nodding at him.

JR: Are these two in this together?

JT: They certainly look to have an underst...BOOM!

HL: CHAIR SHOT TO PHILLIPS AS WELL!

Hero stands surveying the wreckage in the ring, grinning as he holds the chair up in the air.

JR: Why the hell did Hero do that?

JT: He just ruined a classic main event!

HL: Well let's not forget, Miss Jessica told Hero he needed to make a statement. Well I think he certainly did that this evening.

JR: He took both men out, that's a real statement of intent from Hero, he is back and he isn't going to let anyone stop him as he tries to ascend back to the top of this industry here in 6CW.

JT: That's it for this edition of Proving Grounds, be sure to join us in 10 days time for the next show of the 6CW reboot!

The show ends as Hero throws the chair down on the canvass and climbs from the ring. We then get a quick glimpse of Miss Jessica watching the action from her office, a vindictive smile on her face.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down