The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP

3 posters

Go down

SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP  Empty SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by jimbobgooner Tue May 16, 2017 10:14 pm

SURREY HAVE NAMED A 13 MAN SQUAD (probably) to take on Gloucestershire at the brightside ground tomorrow 17th may.
Sorry chaps team news is awful since Churchy left warning
Squad:
Gareth Batty
Scott Borthwick
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Ben Foakes
Mark Footitt
Stuart Meaker
Ollie Pope
Ravi Rampaul
Kumar Sangakkara
Dominic Sibley
Mark Stoneman
For me Footitt and Sibley to miss out
If jade is fit (no idea) tough call between ravioli and Meaker unluckily probably Meaker.
Over to you chaps thumbsup :

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP  Empty Re: SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by guildfordbat Tue May 16, 2017 11:17 pm

Good work, JimBob - unlike the Club! They should at least have confirmed that Roy is back with England and given an update on Dernbach.

Agree about the Pope coming in for Roy. You're probably right about Meaker too although it's not what I would do tomorrow.

All the pointers are that it's going to chuck it down. If we do have any sort of game, it probably won't be much more than 10 overs each. In those circumstances and if Dernbach is available (although I doubt he will be), I would leave out Batty and go with a 5 man seam attack.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP  Empty Re: SURREY VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed May 17, 2017 12:48 pm

Looks like Corporal Weather Forecasting service was pretty accurate! Wink 

I would say pretty much nil chance of any play in Hants v Sussex - basically it's likely to be raining during the entire playing hours.  It should however, ease off at Bristol eventually within the possible playing hours - but it seems highly probable that it won't then dry out enough for even a 10 overs game.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed May 17, 2017 3:22 pm

High marks to the Corporal Weather Forecasting Service as Surrey's game is abandoned without a ball bowled.

Just need the same at Southampton.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed May 17, 2017 4:25 pm

At least the 13 was right chaps Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed May 17, 2017 4:43 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:At least the 13 was right chaps Laugh

JimBob - before you celebrate too much about that, I hope you've got your preview ready for the match starting on Friday! Very Happy Doubt that the Club have. Rolling Eyes

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed May 17, 2017 5:03 pm

Cricinfo report Sussex's game abandoned.

We're through!

To go on and get a semi-final place, we need to win away to Yorks. Won't be easy.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed May 17, 2017 5:08 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:At least the 13 was right chaps Laugh

JimBob - before you celebrate too much about that, I hope you've got your preview ready for the match starting on Friday! Very Happy  Doubt that the Club have. Rolling Eyes
Laugh Yikes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down