The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghostbusters remake trailer.....Youtube's most hated ever !!! - Sexism ???

+13
superflyweight
Mr Bounce
mikey_dragon
Adam D
Hammersmith harrier
SecretFly
Galted
Derbymanc
Ent
Atila
JDizzle
hampo17
TRUSSMAN66
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ghostbusters remake trailer.....Youtube's most hated ever !!!  -  Sexism ??? - Page 2 Empty Ghostbusters remake trailer.....Youtube's most hated ever !!! - Sexism ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 01 May 2016, 1:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Rebooted with an all female cast..

According to Youtube the Ghostbusters trailer is the most hated trailer ever...Watched it myself thought it was okay.....Can understand people being sick of reboots and it does look very similar to the original with better effects..

BUT...The original was no classic and no one gets their asses out when other popular films are redone with Men in the lead roles...

Smell Sexism in the air...Could be wrong..

Won't be watching it personally...Thought both original films sucked..

That's my excuse anyway.. "I ain't afraid of no ghosts !!"..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Ghostbusters remake trailer.....Youtube's most hated ever !!!  -  Sexism ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghostbusters remake trailer.....Youtube's most hated ever !!! - Sexism ???

Post by Crimey Wed 18 May 2016, 4:55 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Adam D wrote:Just watched the new trailer and thought it actually looks good. If I wasnt aware of the original and was in my teens, this would look pretty exciting.

Really dont understand the hate and this is from someone who really rates the original.
Think that's the problem, most of these films are made with teens in mind who aren't overly concerned with plot, meaningful dialogue, drama, pathos, emotion and all the great things you associate with great movies. It's popcorn fart films for the fart brained generation

To be fair the first Ghostbusters is hardly a fantastic example of most of those.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ghostbusters remake trailer.....Youtube's most hated ever !!!  -  Sexism ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghostbusters remake trailer.....Youtube's most hated ever !!! - Sexism ???

Post by The Fourth Lion Thu 26 May 2016, 5:47 pm

Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
The original was no classic and no one gets their asses out when other popular films are redone with Men in the lead roles
Can't think of many, if any...but I'll refer you all back to my "off my nut on cold and flu capsules" comment as justification for not being able to think of them.

Karate Kid, Ladykillers, Total Recall, Wicker Man, Pink Panther.

You missed the appallingly awful reboot of The Italian Job. That was the worst of the lot.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 26 May 2016, 6:03 pm

On the other hand the Death Race remake was pretty good although that was basically a different film :-)

I don't mind some remakes (especially of older, obscure films) but it's starting to be overdone now (And i'm convinced the new Star Wars was their way of doing a remake, whats her name better not be Lukes flippin daughter)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 May 2016, 10:11 am

The Fourth Lion wrote:
Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
The original was no classic and no one gets their asses out when other popular films are redone with Men in the lead roles
Can't think of many, if any...but I'll refer you all back to my "off my nut on cold and flu capsules" comment as justification for not being able to think of them.

Karate Kid, Ladykillers, Total Recall, Wicker Man, Pink Panther.

You missed the appallingly awful reboot of The Italian Job.  That was the worst of the lot.
I'm tempted to track you nitwits down and slice you up. "Remakes with men in lead roles" refers to films that originally had women in the lead roles. Of course you all know this and are being difficult because some of you fail to recognize the genius of the Big Lebowski

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 27 May 2016, 10:30 am

Derbymanc wrote:On the other hand the Death Race remake was pretty good although that was basically a different film :-)

I don't mind some remakes (especially of older, obscure films) but it's starting to be overdone now (And i'm convinced the new Star Wars was their way of doing a remake, whats her name better not be Lukes flippin daughter)

Oh she so is!

but it gets better..................................... hmmmmmm.............. incest before Luke knew.............. Shocked Shocked Shocked

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 27 May 2016, 10:32 am

Kylo Ren is therefore her half brother. Am I giving away too many secrets here?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 20 Jul 2016, 4:46 pm

73 percent on rotten tomatoes....Gone down well with the critics...

Not that it means it will be succesful...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 20 Jul 2016, 5:44 pm

People afraid to give it fair reviews because of the hype it seems.

Daringly progressive, female centric etc etc in all the positive reviews. Not funny, poor casting etc in the negative ones.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 20 Jul 2016, 6:05 pm

Watched it on Monday, was fairly enjoyable. Didn't find it very funny but didn't exactly p*ss myself during the original either. I do think they missed a trick by trying to make a comedy - some of the ghosts during the parade near the end were genuinely creepy, certainly enought to suggest that the film would've been better off as a light-hearted horror à la Sleepy Hollow.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Mon 25 Jul 2016, 12:46 pm

I watched it over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. Kate McKinnon was the stand out performance, worth watching just for her. Never seen her before but she's a star in the making (unless she is already one and it's just that I've not heard of her).

Not hilarious but funny all the same. Also thought it was better than the original although I never warmed to that.

Well worth a look.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 26 Jul 2016, 6:37 pm

RanjitPatel wrote:

Not hilarious but funny all the same. Also thought it was better than the original although I never warmed to that.

I wish I had stopped reading at "I thoroughly enjoyed it."

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Aug 2016, 11:13 pm

Budget = $144 million.....

Worldwide Gross  (As of 23/8/16)= $208,204,329.....

The chicks win !! Ghostbusters remake trailer.....Youtube's most hated ever !!!  -  Sexism ??? - Page 2 3559488474 Ghostbusters remake trailer.....Youtube's most hated ever !!!  -  Sexism ??? - Page 2 3559488474 Ghostbusters remake trailer.....Youtube's most hated ever !!!  -  Sexism ??? - Page 2 3559488474 ..........How the hell do we get out of this town ??? Whisky picard Whisky picard

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 28 Nov 2016, 10:39 am

Its a horrific movie. But then anything with that Macarthy woman is.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 28 Nov 2016, 12:06 pm

Didn't see the Ghostbusters movie - I think I'll wait until Hell freezes over before catching that.

But McCarthy ain't that bad, Geordie.  Is you got something against smart ass large chicks? Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 28 Nov 2016, 12:57 pm

Ha ha they intimidate me SF Wink

Ive seen two movies with her in...Ghostbusters and that cop one with Sandra Bullock. Dear lord both are bad!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2