The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Friend Recommended It; You Hated it!

+2
superflyweight
Galted
6 posters

Go down

Your Friend Recommended It; You Hated it! Empty Your Friend Recommended It; You Hated it!

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jun 2014, 3:43 pm

Back in the mid-nineties, I remember having a conversation with a friend about our favourite films.  At the time my favourite was 12 Angry Men, but my friend was of the opinion that there wasn’t a good film made before 1980.  I found this statement to be rather sweeping and suggested he tried watching 12 Angry Men to see whether his opinion could be swayed.  In turn I would watch one of his favourite films - The Last Boy Scout.  Suffice to say, his opinion remained unchanged.  I, on the other hand, felt that good and bad films have always been made, but The Last Boy Scout belonged firmly in the latter category.  Despite being mates, we clearly did not share the same taste in films.

Therefore, what is the worst film you’ve ever seen based on a friend’s recommendation?

Back to top Go down

Your Friend Recommended It; You Hated it! Empty Re: Your Friend Recommended It; You Hated it!

Post by Galted Sun 15 Jun 2014, 11:54 pm

The Hangover and The Other Guys.

Have seen worse but not because they were recommended by a mate.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Your Friend Recommended It; You Hated it! Empty Re: Your Friend Recommended It; You Hated it!

Post by superflyweight Mon 16 Jun 2014, 8:47 am

Went to the Angelina Jolie sh1t-fest, SALT on the recommendation of my father-in-law who gave it 9 out of 10. Hands down one of the worst films I've ever seen and made me want to kick my father-in-law in the 'nads.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 16 Jun 2014, 9:05 am

Superfly (sort of) suggested I watch the Jordan video. Hugely disappointing.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 16 Jun 2014, 9:27 am

Only to ensure that you don't waste your life fantasizing over something that would ultimately be like sticking your hampton in an over-inflated and heavily soiled sex doll.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jun 2014, 11:47 am

seanmichaels wrote:Superfly (sort of) suggested I watch the Jordan video. Hugely disappointing.

Is that the one with Bugs Bunny in it?

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 16 Jun 2014, 11:50 am

MediaCat wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Superfly (sort of) suggested I watch the Jordan video. Hugely disappointing.

There's definitely a rabbit.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jun 2014, 1:41 pm

Mate of mine used to be mad for his martial arts films. Many years ago he recommended a film with Jeff Speakman called, "The Perfect Weapon"...highly enjoyable nonsense. As a result, he then recommended another one with a guy whose name I cannot recall (Philip something or other...long dark hair tied back in a ponytail...he used a samurai sword...) It was utter pap and I nearly sh@t in his video in protest.

Another mate also recommended sleeping with his ex-girlfriend...I did, it wasn't great.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 16 Jun 2014, 1:57 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Mate of mine used to be mad for his martial arts films. Many years ago he recommended a film with  Jeff Speakman called, "The Perfect Weapon"...highly enjoyable nonsense. As a result, he then recommended another one with a guy whose name I cannot recall (Philip something or other...long dark hair tied back in a ponytail...he used a samurai sword...) It was utter pap and I nearly sh@t in his video in protest.

Another mate also recommended sleeping with his ex-girlfriend...I did, it wasn't great.

Personally never fancied an MMF threesome, Dave.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Mon 16 Jun 2014, 2:52 pm

sodhat wrote:
MediaCat wrote:

There's definitely a rabbit.

clap 

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jun 2014, 3:36 pm

superflyweight wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Mate of mine used to be mad for his martial arts films. Many years ago he recommended a film with  Jeff Speakman called, "The Perfect Weapon"...highly enjoyable nonsense. As a result, he then recommended another one with a guy whose name I cannot recall (Philip something or other...long dark hair tied back in a ponytail...he used a samurai sword...) It was utter pap and I nearly sh@t in his video in protest.

I'm made of stiffer stuff than most men, Super...but it was strictly a 1-v-1 deal with me and his ex...very nice girl but lacked adventure in the bedroom department

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 16 Jun 2014, 6:40 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

I'm made of stiffer stuff than most men, Super...but it was strictly a 1-v-1 deal with me and his ex...very nice girl but lacked adventure in the bedroom department

Never fancied sloppy seconds myself..........Standards and all that.. angel 

Remember a bunch of guys from the gym going wild about Rocky 4............So I thought I'd go and watch it......On my own too...Whilst everyone was enjoying a bit of "candy" ......I was watching...

A glorified rock video......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jun 2014, 7:49 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Never fancied sloppy seconds myself..........Standards and all that.. angel 

Remember a bunch of guys from the gym going wild about Rocky 4............So I thought I'd go and watch it......On my own too...Whilst everyone was enjoying a bit of "candy" ......I was watching...

A glorified rock video......
So just bloody-hopeless-in-the-bedroom virgins for you then TRUSS? Does that include Celia?

Why do people think that cos you've slept with someone's ex, it must have happened about fifteen seconds after he climbed off the top of her? Surely a years gap is sufficient time for it not to be considered "sloppy seconds"..."used goods" maybe, but sloppy seconds, have a word fellas!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 16 Jun 2014, 8:44 pm

Don't get sensitive on me.....

What makes you think I thought it was 15 seconds since your Mate jumped off...

You've got more about you than that !!

Reckon it was at least 20.....

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jun 2014, 1:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Don't get sensitive on me.....

What makes you think  I thought it was 15 seconds since your Mate jumped off...

You've got more about you than that !!

Reckon it was at least 20.....
Aye, give it time to at least get tacky if not completely dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down