The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Crow set for remake

4 posters

Go down

The Crow set for remake Empty The Crow set for remake

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:30 am

If the producers behind the remake of The Crow wanted to generate a little attention, then they certainly know how to do it. Because Loki himself – AKA Mr Tom Hiddleston – is in early talks to play Eric Draven in the new film.

According to The Wrap’s sources, the Hiddlestoners’ favourite has already met with producers including Ed Pressman, Kevin Misher and Ryan Kavanaugh and submitted a make-up test he sorted out at home. The next step is apparently a formal test with filmmakers including director F. Javier Gutierrez.

The script, currently credited to Warrior’s Cliff Dorfman, will follow the same basic story, adapted from James O’Barr’s dark graphic novel about rocker Draven and his fiancée who are murdered on Devil’s Night, only for our hero to be brought by as a supernatural superhero to exact vengeance.

This new take on Draven’s tragic tale has been flapping its way through development limbo for ages now. Mark Wahlberg was attached at one point before Bradley Cooper and James McAvoy were considered. Directors such as Juan Carlos Fresnadillo and Stephen Norrington have come and gone.

Hiddleston could certainly handle the darker dramatic sides, and we know he can be funny. Plus anyone who can go up against Chris Hemsworth has the fighting chops. What say you, Hiddlestoners? Do you want to see him donning the pale makeup and leather gear? Squawk out below.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=37224

Back to top Go down

The Crow set for remake Empty Re: The Crow set for remake

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:38 am

The crow that great film people want to vote for in the Movie league...

Interesting to see where Brandon's film career would have gone after making that and whether he could make the move like his father into the Mainstream.....which he would have done on the back of Enter.........

The Crow good film it was ..........was basically big because of the accident..

terrible bad luck..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:17 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The crow that great film people want to vote for in the Movie league...

Interesting to see where Brandon's film career would have gone after making that and whether he could make the move like his father into the Mainstream.....which he would have done on the back of Enter.........

The Crow good film it was ..........was basically big because of the accident..
terrible bad luck..........

Dont agree with that at all.

There was a lot of buzz around the film before the accident and it was actually very good. It was like the Dark Knight before the Dark Knight!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:30 am

People came to pay their respects.............obviously helped the film with his passing at the box office...

But I'll concede there was interest..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:32 am

I love The Crow.
Hate to see it's being remade.
The only reason i will watch it is so i can post on every forum i'm on how Poopie it is.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:56 pm

I think Steve Borden would be a good call for the re-make

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:33 pm

Be like trying to replace Heath Ledger as The Joker. Sometimes best just to leave well alone.

As for Brandon Lee...Rapid Fire was a cracker of a movie. I tend to overlook his ability to kick through stair rods without wincing or the ridiculous speeded up scene on the rail tracks at the end and just enjoy bit of chop socky action

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down